July 31, 2014 | 2152 users online

Highlighters - BeneFit Cosmetics - High Beam

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2009 11:28:00 PM More reviews by ickdragon

A lovely pink glowy highlighter. A little goes a long way so be careful not to overdue it. I never really notice the effect of High Beam in real life, but in pictures, my skin looks really nice. I'm impressed that it lasts as long as it does even on my oily skin. The bottle is really cute and looks like nail polish. I wish High Beam cost a little bit less, but what can you really do?!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2009 10:44:00 PM More reviews by lola88

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

High Beam does give a nice glow to your skin, but I have to be careful about how I apply it. If I use my fingers, the highlight goes on too sheer. I am very fair so I need to swipe a c shape around my eye from my temple to above the apples of my cheek with the brush and then use a stippling brush to lightly blend the color to my skin. It also works as a great highlight under the brow bone. I think the results would be more dramatic or obvious for people with darker skin tone. For people with light/fair skin, it makes no change unless you are careful with the application and apply more layers to play up the effect. Because it was expensive, I would not buy it again
(at $24).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2009 7:27:00 AM More reviews by ella2201

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product. Its a fabulous way to 'perk' up your face. Its noticable enough to make a difference, but subtle enough that you still look natural. A little on the brow bone and in the corner of the eyes really opens up the eyes, and a little on the cupids bow makes the top lip look fuller. The only thing I will say is that it needs to be gently dabbed onto the skin, not blended as it will disturb any foundation etc underneath. Like most benefit products it lasts ages, which makes up for their inflated prices!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2009 11:58:00 PM More reviews by AirRunner

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great highlighter. Looks great on cheekbones and under brows. I actually love to use it in the corners of my eyes. It makes them bright and beautiful!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2009 11:39:00 AM More reviews by mehmehmeh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

oh...my...gosh. I have had a lil sample one of this in my realness of concealness (sucker for cute packaging but barely ever used any of it) and I happened on reviews of this today so I popped it out when I was putting on my makeups and holy....wow. I look like an angel. I thought it might be a ripoff of touche eclat or something (I should review that too) but it's nothing the same, it is less subtle ...in the sense that the only way you can tell touche eclat is truly working is that suddenly everyone is telling you how amazing and refreshed you look (father in law: wow, you look so well rested. no, no, it's the touche eclat, I have a toddler that still doesnt sleep, I havent slept in three years but anyways) but I put on the C of eyebrow to cheekbone of highbeam and suddenly the heavens split open and the light fell on me and suddenly I am a glowing, gorgeous angel. oh my god. I am going to buy the full size TOMORROW. I dont think I can survive the rest of my life without this. What's incredible is there is NO glitter, I dont do glitter, husband has a phobia for first thing, and I am old, I dont need glitter. this just like I said lights up my whole face, it's like I am gleaming, I am SO amazed, I have never felt so shocked by a make up in my life.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/18/2009 7:41:00 PM More reviews by Sirenas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This always breaks me out. I got a sample a while back from Sephora and loved it. Gives you a pretty pinkish glow, but every time I wore it I found myself with two or three little tiny bumps on my cheeks. I tried it only under the brows and got the same bumpy results. I would not risk it buying the full bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2009 7:09:00 PM More reviews by BroknHeartSmudgedEyeliner

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love High Beam. Its a pink/silver metallic sheen. I sometimes mix it into my liquid foundation, highest part of cheekbones, brow highlight. I also mix this into my lotion for a nice glow. The cap tends to break off, so be careful.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2009 12:14:00 PM More reviews by marquis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This highlighter is beautiful! It gives a natural glow to the cheekbones. I use it regularly and it has lasted for ages. I also mix this into my foundation when I want a bit of a glow. My one complaint is the packaging - I wish it came in a tube. Now that I am getting to the end of the bottle, I am finding it quite hard to get the product out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2009 10:30:00 AM More reviews by miss_mac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product is beautiful! It is a liquid/cream highlighter with a very fine and subtle shimmer that gives a natural glow to the cheekbones. A little goes a long way so it is worth spending the money. You can mix a little into your foundation if you want a glowier look to your complexion or you can just use it on the higher planes of your face (cheekbones, brow bones) to accentuate. The consistency is very easy to blend and looks very natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2009 3:43:00 PM More reviews by Cottoncandyandlollipops

I can't believe I declined to even think about giving this product a try in the past. I hate the fake shimmery, glitter look some girls have. I find it so damn tacky and because of that I didn't give this a try until 2 days ago. Wow though!!!!! This is sooooo natural looking, you can't tell you applied anything artificial it just looks like you have healthy, glowing skin. Tip: Don't apply too much and don't blend back and forth, blend it by lightly tapping it in with your fingers.
I absolutely love this!
Edit: I forgot to mention this lasts ALLLLLLLLL day!
Edit#2: wanted to use this for a while before I made my verdit on whether or not it would break me out. It hasn't broken me out AT ALL and I've used it daily. (I have hyper sensitive, acne prone skin)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No