July 24, 2014 | 1951 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2010 10:28:00 AM More reviews by DragonRhia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I only use 2 or 3 drug store items in my make up stash...everything else is high end only because I've done so much research on my skin and the high end products really do a better job for me. This is one of my drug store brand items that I absolutely love. I've been using it almost 2 years now. I love the finish it provides on my skin and the coverage is minimal, which is what I want...my foundation or TM will do the job of evening out my skin tone, I don't like my powder to do that (it looks too chalky and fake to me when I wear powder make up). I don't like a 'dewy' look on my skin either, and this matte finish blots away all of the dewy look, doesn't cake in any fine lines, doesn't make my skin look chalky and wears for most of the day (one touch up is all I need). I love it over my under eye concealer too.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2010 4:52:00 PM More reviews by purplechickx3

I love this powder with all my heart ! It matify's my face leaving it flawless and the powder is not heavy at all, it legit feels like i have nothing on my face. Doesn't give the best coverage but for now, its amazing.
best thing about it , it controls oil VERY VERY well !
also, this powder does not make me look cakey at all !
Love love love , this product . !
and i have combination skin :)
Oh and it comes with a nice mirror and sponge ! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2010 3:16:00 PM More reviews by Asianblondie

I love this pressed powder! I've tried many others from drugstore to brand names. I'd have to say this is my favorite. the powder itself is very fine textured, and goes on matte looking but still very natural. I have this in Medium 3-4 Honey and it looks great in the summer to give my fair skin tone some extra color. I highly recommend this to everyone and will be repurchase once Im done ( but it might be awhile since this last forever).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2010 12:59:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

For the most part I try to avoid powder because I have dry skin and it's just not a good look to have matte skin during the summer. I had a coupon and also heard a lot about this powder so I bought one at Ulta. It is 50% off the second product this week. When I touched it I noticed has a super fine and soft texture. There is some dust but only because it's been finely milled and isn't such a hard pressed powder. I would use a powder brush instead of the puff. It's very light feeling... that's about all I can say about this one. I don't imagine it gets very cakey or adds color to your skin. I'm rather impressed because just a few taps on my t-zone gave a soft focus finish.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2010 4:19:00 PM More reviews by Donnz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Will continue to buy this again and again. The formula is such that it leaves a nice subtle colour and mattifies without turning your face dead pan matte so you still have a subtle glow. I am using cream for the winter and will go up to a medium shade in the summer for the extra colour.

Do not touch up too much on the nose or it will cake, better if you're a nose blower like me, to wipe all the make up off your nose then re-touch from scratch.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/7/2010 9:21:00 PM More reviews by supurrstarr13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like the color and feel of the powder but it would not set my concealer. and I had the concealer on under a tinted moisturizer.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2010 9:01:00 AM More reviews by queenbee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I hate this product. Its a complete waste of money! Doesn't offer any coverage at all and does absolutely nothing! Packaging sucks too, its a bit complicated to open it, the sponge goes on top of the mirror which eventually gets powdery so you can't see on the mirror well. Not repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2010 8:13:00 AM More reviews by GreenDayLOVE

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this a couple of months ago. I have to say, I love it! If you want full coverage, this is not for you. But, if you want a setting powder which is soft to touch and blendable, this is for you. I dont need a full coverage setting powder since my foundation and concealer is full coverage. I bought the the colour #2, Rose Ivory. If you have lots of redness or rosacea, this colour will help to cover that up a bit.
Pros:
-soft to touch
-has good packaging; I like the mirror!
-has a nice applicator (so you dont need to spend your money on brushes etc..)
-good for oily skin
Cons:
-not so good for dry skin, it will sometimes emphasize your dry patches!
All in all, I suggest this as a setting powder. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2010 10:02:00 PM More reviews by lesliexyang

The greatest thing ever!

I have oily/combo skin and I have to tell you that this it what makes my skin look flawless. I use revlon colorstay liquid foundation for oily skin, a primer underneath that, but the magic doesn't happen until I apply this on.

Honestly, I bought the darkest color Honey and noticed that I got a "bad" one because I went and bought the medium beige one and the formula was smooth and worked like the one I had first tried. So if it doesn't work..try buying another one because I do believe in bad batches.

My friend kept telling me about how flawless my skin looks and I tell her it's because of the powder. It sets my foundation perfectly and keeps it matte most of the day. Never does it cake on me..I did notice with the one I say I got from a "bad batch" did sorta cake on me. It's cheap and a staple for me!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2010 4:24:00 AM More reviews by diordoll

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Extremely chalky/ powdery although it is finely milled. No coverage so I guess this is mainly used for a setting powder. Made me horribly breakout within hours. Do not recommend!