April 20, 2014 | 1624 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder ] [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2010 3:16:00 PM More reviews by Asianblondie

I love this pressed powder! I've tried many others from drugstore to brand names. I'd have to say this is my favorite. the powder itself is very fine textured, and goes on matte looking but still very natural. I have this in Medium 3-4 Honey and it looks great in the summer to give my fair skin tone some extra color. I highly recommend this to everyone and will be repurchase once Im done ( but it might be awhile since this last forever).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2010 12:59:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

For the most part I try to avoid powder because I have dry skin and it's just not a good look to have matte skin during the summer. I had a coupon and also heard a lot about this powder so I bought one at Ulta. It is 50% off the second product this week. When I touched it I noticed has a super fine and soft texture. There is some dust but only because it's been finely milled and isn't such a hard pressed powder. I would use a powder brush instead of the puff. It's very light feeling... that's about all I can say about this one. I don't imagine it gets very cakey or adds color to your skin. I'm rather impressed because just a few taps on my t-zone gave a soft focus finish.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2010 4:19:00 PM More reviews by Donnz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Will continue to buy this again and again. The formula is such that it leaves a nice subtle colour and mattifies without turning your face dead pan matte so you still have a subtle glow. I am using cream for the winter and will go up to a medium shade in the summer for the extra colour.

Do not touch up too much on the nose or it will cake, better if you're a nose blower like me, to wipe all the make up off your nose then re-touch from scratch.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/7/2010 9:21:00 PM More reviews by supurrstarr13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like the color and feel of the powder but it would not set my concealer. and I had the concealer on under a tinted moisturizer.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2010 9:01:00 AM More reviews by queenbee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I hate this product. Its a complete waste of money! Doesn't offer any coverage at all and does absolutely nothing! Packaging sucks too, its a bit complicated to open it, the sponge goes on top of the mirror which eventually gets powdery so you can't see on the mirror well. Not repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2010 8:13:00 AM More reviews by GreenDayLOVE

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this a couple of months ago. I have to say, I love it! If you want full coverage, this is not for you. But, if you want a setting powder which is soft to touch and blendable, this is for you. I dont need a full coverage setting powder since my foundation and concealer is full coverage. I bought the the colour #2, Rose Ivory. If you have lots of redness or rosacea, this colour will help to cover that up a bit.
    Pros:
    -soft to touch
    -has good packaging; I like the mirror!
    -has a nice applicator (so you dont need to spend your money on brushes etc..)
    -good for oily skin
    Cons:
    -not so good for dry skin, it will sometimes emphasize your dry patches!
    All in all, I suggest this as a setting powder. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2010 10:02:00 PM More reviews by lesliexyang

The greatest thing ever!

I have oily/combo skin and I have to tell you that this it what makes my skin look flawless. I use revlon colorstay liquid foundation for oily skin, a primer underneath that, but the magic doesn't happen until I apply this on.

Honestly, I bought the darkest color Honey and noticed that I got a "bad" one because I went and bought the medium beige one and the formula was smooth and worked like the one I had first tried. So if it doesn't work..try buying another one because I do believe in bad batches.

My friend kept telling me about how flawless my skin looks and I tell her it's because of the powder. It sets my foundation perfectly and keeps it matte most of the day. Never does it cake on me..I did notice with the one I say I got from a "bad batch" did sorta cake on me. It's cheap and a staple for me!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2010 4:24:00 AM More reviews by diordoll

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Extremely chalky/ powdery although it is finely milled. No coverage so I guess this is mainly used for a setting powder. Made me horribly breakout within hours. Do not recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2010 8:00:00 PM More reviews by mollie009

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this pressed powder! I use it every single day, either over foundation, or just with some concealer. I will continue to repurchase this. It gives almost zero coverage so shade matching, as long as you get semi close, isn't an issue. I have very dry skin around my nose and mouth and this never ever cakes on me. <3

rated 2 of 5 on 6/28/2010 7:08:00 PM More reviews by j3nnyisfunky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this product after reading many reviews and watching some youtube videos on it. Everybody was raving about it, but honestly, I didn't like this product that much. Yes, it was silky and smooth to the touch but I found that it made my face very cakey looking. It also stuck to my pores even though I used a face primer. Yuck. The packaging isn't so bad tho, I had no problems with it. The Dream Matte pressed powder did take the oils away from my face but overall, it just didn't look right. I definitely returned this product and got my 7 bucks back.