MAC #187 Duo Fiber Face Brush (Stippling, Skunk Brush)

4.5

HAIRZ

This is the most amazing brush I have ever used and it has realy changed the way my foundation looks! The Studio Sculpt used to look very heavy but when I use this brush it looks natural and airbrushed. I really enjoy using it and I looked up some videos for tips which really helped me learn how to use it correctly.
The only thing I would say is that you need to wash it before you use it so that the loose bristles come out before you use it or they will end up all over your face!

I had read soooo many rave reviews about this seemingly cult product and after much deliberation decided to add it to my brush collection. I have to say, with such high expectations, I am slightly disappointed. I have the MAC 109 as well for the same purpose of applying liquid foundation and I have to say I far prefer it. I am able to buff my foundation in better with the 109 as it is far more dense and so gives a more airbrushed look. I find the 187 tends to leave streaks and is not so able to blend the foundation/ Having said that, I think if you use a light, fluidy liquid foundation it may be better as I use Revlon Colourstay which has the tendency to be dryer and less blendable anyway. Having said that, the 109 manages it fine.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I finally gave into buying the MAC 187 brush.. and it's AMAZING. I should have gotten it way way longer instead of spending money on other brushes that were just mediocre. Seriously, this brush does everything. You can use it to apply liquid foundation, mousse foundation, blush, bronzer and finishing powder. Everything looks beyond flawless. For foundation, I just stipple it on in dots around my face then swirl it around to get an airbrushed effect. It's well worth the price. It may look a bit stiff and prickly into the pictures but this brush is very soft and doesn't hurt my face at all. Love it! This is my favourite brush now and I honestly cannot live without it! It makes your face look gorgeously perfect. If your worried about the price, it's really not that bad. Considering this brush can do so much, it's just like one brush that does everything as opposed to a bunch of brushes that will cost more together than this single multi-tasking brush! :)

i used this brush for my bronzer, and it makes it look wonderful and very natural looking! L O V E it! :)

This is a HG item. I watched a new video on YT by Enkore and he said to stipple only and not to stipple and swirl for better effect, for a pixle like airbrush effect when applying liquid foundation. That would work better for covering acne spots and scars. So I tried it and it worked perfectly for me. I do have acne scars.

This worked for me with both the regular and LE brush. I used Revlon Colorstay and MUFE HD foundation and had excellent results with both foundations.

I tried stippling and swirling and it did not look as good. It looked ok but not great. I have also used a Beautyblender sponge but those have to be replaced and this brush lasts for years so this is more cost effective. I love it!

It's my favorite brush I've ever used! Well worth the money because my face looks flawless thanks to this!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this brush for applying liquid foundation. I wasn't sure how to use it at first, but then I watched some you tube tutorials. I know a lot of people like it for powder application too. I get a streaky look if I use it for powder. But for liquid or cream products it is a must.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This brush is awesome! I was using it the wrong way at first (like a conventional foundation brush), but after reading the reviews here and watching youtube videos (just search MAC stippling brush), it gave me a flawless finish for my bb cream (I use it instead of foundation). I can't imagine using anything else now. My only gripe is that it tends to shed...leaves a couple of hairs on my face after I'm done, and this is after it has been washed 3 times. Hopefully that will stop at some point.
*EDIT* I've washed this 4 times now and it's still shedding. Still, it does a good job so I will continue to use it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

my HG of foundation brushes- i use this to apply my MAC full coverage foundation after giving it a quick spritz w/ fix+.

it truly does give that airbrushed flawless look, coupled with a good foundation.

i've tried to use it as some of you girls like to, for blush application and it wasnt my cup of tea at all- took up too much product and didn't show up well on the skin.

but for foundation- there is no better option, IMHO.

Wow, this brush is really amazing, makes your foundation look really nice, and great for blending it out. Did shed a little and its a bit pricey but totaly worth it !

Popular Makeup Brushes