Eucerin Aquaphor Healing Ointment

4.7

Active Ingredients: Petrolatum (41%) (Skin Protectant [Ointment]) Inactive Ingredients: Mineral Oil, Ceresin, Lanolin Alcohol, Panthenol, Glycerin, Bisabolol

on 2/19/2008 11:25:00 AM

Well, I finally caved and bought this, after hearing the raves...and it is truly fantastic. I use this primarily as a lip balm, both during the day (i.e., under & over Stila Convertible Colors, which are fairly dry) and at night (you wake up with wonderfully soft lips). It's also great to treat cracked skin on the fingers (from winter weather) or even to help soothe papercuts. An all-around great product!

on 2/18/2008 9:46:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

What else is there to say about Aquaphor that hasn't already been said here? Well, not much, but I go ahead and sing its praises like everyone else. As an eczema sufferer, I was pretty late to the party on this product. I only started using it last year when I started having eczema patches pop up on my face and was leery of using medicated products while pregnant. This helped sooth the burning and itching of dry, flaky, irritated skin and seemed to speed the healing process. Aquaphor is also my favorite clear lip balm and pairs well with lipsticks that tend to dry out my lips. I have even recently used it to relieve a dry patch of skin on my baby. I have a big tube of this on my bedside table and I have several little tubes scattered around. I'm pretty sure I will use this forever.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is the best multi-tasking product in the world. Works for lips, windburn,dry elbows and feet. I have convinced several people I work with at the hospital to buy it simply from the fact you can cure a red and peely nose or prevent the problem in the first place, even the worst cold on the planet. We have had the 1 month long variety this winter. The new packs of 2 small tubes is by far the most convenient for lips and noses.

on 2/15/2008 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is a little pricier than regular petroleum jelly, but it has a good mix of other ingredients that make it worth the price. I have very, very dry, peeling, cracked skin from medicine I'm on, and I cannot tell you what a lifesaver this product is for me. I use it on my face too...over my moisturizing cream to seal in the moisture. It doesn't clog my pores and keeps my skin supple and wrinkle-free.

on 2/14/2008 1:37:00 PM

Like most other reviewers, I absolutely love this product. I've never used it on my skin, but it has helped my chronically chapped lips like nothing I've ever tried, and I've had a problem with chapped lips since I was a child! I also really like that my lips look fuller and smoother with lipstick on when I use it. I wish the little travel size were more readily available--I get it from drugstore.com, but would like to be able to pick it up in stores as well.

on 2/8/2008 12:00:00 PM

Works very nicely. I use this when I get hurt, and it helps with the healing process and scarring.

I use this on my hands mostly because they are in and out of water + chemicals all day. It does a really good job calming down irritation and mild dermatitis as well as protecting my dry skin from drying out any further and cracking. I must say that I do prefer the olive oil based Egyptian Magic, however, since it only comes in a large tub I keep a small travel tube of aquaphor in my purse.

on 2/5/2008 2:57:00 PM

Love,Love,Love this stuff this is the Best Eye cream, Best Lip Balm,
Best for Dry skin, just the BEST everything I'm so gald I found this I bought I for back up never want to be without.

on 2/2/2008 5:47:00 PM

This stuff is genius! I bought it after reading all the great reviews on this site, but at first I thought it was just glorified vaseline. I was wrong! My skin errs on the dry side, and for the past couple months I had a couple of dry patches that I could not get rid of. I tried olive oil, regular moisturizer, cocoa butter, neosporin, scrubs etc. I put just a dab of this on every day and continue to moisturize and scrub as usual and I swear the dry spots are gone! This is serious stuff. And by dry patches I mean really dry, itchy, flaky areas and this cleared them right up in less than a week! Its a bit heavy for daytime hand cream, etc., but I found that using it at night has really softened my hands and kept my cuticles pretty : ) It seemed a bit expensive to me at first, but now that I've seen what it can do, it is so worth it. Also, you only need just a tiny dab and really work it into the skin, so I can see this lasting a long time.

on 1/30/2008 4:44:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I was turned on to Aquaphor at my job at a medical facility. We had sample tubes to hand out to patients with colds and chapped lips. I tried it when my nose became chapped and raw from blowing my nose and OMG the Aquaphor healed my nose practically overnight. I use it now at the start of a cold and have prevented the chapped sore nose. I didn't ever think of using it on heels but that will happen tonight! Try it, you'll like it!