Eucerin Aquaphor Healing Ointment

4.7

Active Ingredients: Petrolatum (41%) (Skin Protectant [Ointment]) Inactive Ingredients: Mineral Oil, Ceresin, Lanolin Alcohol, Panthenol, Glycerin, Bisabolol

I use this on my hands mostly because they are in and out of water + chemicals all day. It does a really good job calming down irritation and mild dermatitis as well as protecting my dry skin from drying out any further and cracking. I must say that I do prefer the olive oil based Egyptian Magic, however, since it only comes in a large tub I keep a small travel tube of aquaphor in my purse.

on 2/5/2008 2:57:00 PM

Love,Love,Love this stuff this is the Best Eye cream, Best Lip Balm,
Best for Dry skin, just the BEST everything I'm so gald I found this I bought I for back up never want to be without.

on 2/2/2008 5:47:00 PM

This stuff is genius! I bought it after reading all the great reviews on this site, but at first I thought it was just glorified vaseline. I was wrong! My skin errs on the dry side, and for the past couple months I had a couple of dry patches that I could not get rid of. I tried olive oil, regular moisturizer, cocoa butter, neosporin, scrubs etc. I put just a dab of this on every day and continue to moisturize and scrub as usual and I swear the dry spots are gone! This is serious stuff. And by dry patches I mean really dry, itchy, flaky areas and this cleared them right up in less than a week! Its a bit heavy for daytime hand cream, etc., but I found that using it at night has really softened my hands and kept my cuticles pretty : ) It seemed a bit expensive to me at first, but now that I've seen what it can do, it is so worth it. Also, you only need just a tiny dab and really work it into the skin, so I can see this lasting a long time.

on 1/30/2008 4:44:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I was turned on to Aquaphor at my job at a medical facility. We had sample tubes to hand out to patients with colds and chapped lips. I tried it when my nose became chapped and raw from blowing my nose and OMG the Aquaphor healed my nose practically overnight. I use it now at the start of a cold and have prevented the chapped sore nose. I didn't ever think of using it on heels but that will happen tonight! Try it, you'll like it!

on 1/29/2008 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

My dermatologist gave me a few samples and told me to put this around my nose area because my skin was dry (due to constant exfoliation/picking/etc). I didn't listen to her for about 2 months. Finally, I couldn't stand the dryness and figured, I'll used it for a few days before my next facial. (That way there would be more for her to extract!) Well, was I wrong or what? The lotion healed the cracked skin and dryness due to acne treatments and didn't cause any new ones to form. Wow?? It totally seems like a product that would clog my pores and yet it didn't. That was 2 months ago. To this day, I put some Aquaphor on my hands, rub them together, and then pat it on my face _over treatments_ before going to bed. My skin is dewy and pretty decent in the morning (i.e., dry skin is gone and no new blemishes). Amazing. I also had my husband try this while snowboarding to heal dry, cracked skin at the corner of his mouth. It totally healed after the 2nd day. He calls it the "magic stuff." Too cute and yet very appropriate. I might have him try the Avene Cicalfate cream next time but...I'd rather save the more expensive items for myself. Heehee

on 1/28/2008 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I decided to try Aquaphor Healing Ointment on my lips and hands last week based on the MUA reviews. OMG, my lips and hands feel wonderful just after one week, so nice and smooth. I even had a small fever blister crop up (yuck) and I really didn't want to pay for a small tube of Abreava at $17, so, I used this ointment instead, and it went down really quick. Wow, I can't believe I have wasted so much money on lip balms, from high end (i.e., Kiehls, Clarins & Fresh) to drug store types. I'm now a FOREVER fan! (I should have realized this would work well on my lips and hands because this is what I used on the remaining portion of my tattoo sleeve and it healed much faster than the upper portion.)

on 1/27/2008 3:03:00 PM

This is a great product in helping dry chapped parts of your body, you can use it on anything.
you can even use it in your makeup routine for lipgloss, eyegloss, highlight cheeks, etc.

on 1/24/2008 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Ok this is my magic cream..works superbly on dry patches, cracked lips(excellent as a lip balm) I have a tube of this everywhere :) just got a tiny tube for my bag, thumbs up!!!

on 1/24/2008 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love it!! It seems like it is just glorified vaseline but it is wonderful. I bought a tube and keep a little jar in the bathroom, one in my purse and one on the night stand. I don't rub it all over my hands because its pretty greasy but I do use it on my lips, I use it to take my makeup off, I use it on my cuticles, on my feet. I haven;t used it on my face because I thought it would break out my face but after reading the other reviews I will!!

on 1/23/2008 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have used everything everything everything on my dry body skin. Baby oil, Aveeno, Cetaphil, Coconut oil, Olive Oil, Bath and Body works, Vaseline, and on and on. EVERYTHING. I got this when I had run out of options. OH..........MY...........GOSH. I use it all over my body at night after a shower and it's like the most soothing balm in the world. The itching stops immediately. I can go a day or two between uses because it protects so well. So I slather it on every other day and my skin is WONDERFUL. I now also use it around my eyes at night, on my lips, feet, hands, elbows and I can't say enough good things. No scent, no downside to it at all. A MILLION times better than Vaseline or any other product I've ever used. I keep a tub of it in the bathroom and a tube in my purse. I also use it on my daughter's lips to keep them from cracking and bleeding which she has a hard time with since two plastic surgeries to correct a birth defect. As long as we keep this on her, she has no problems at all. Really a superb product and will never be without it.