December 18, 2014 | 1714 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Eucerin - Aquaphor Healing Ointment

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2007 11:25:00 PM More reviews by youdroppedabalmonme

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Aquaphor, beloved Aquaphor, why must you defy analysis? When I look at the ingredients, they are deceptively simple: petrolatum & mineral oil, lanolin, glycerin, and a few botanicals for show. Why should I pay $8 a tube for that?!? Why? I shall tell you, fellow makeup mavens: Because Aquaphor is the closest thing to a miracle-in-a-tube I will ever own. I have two tubes of it, one in my backpack and one on my dresser. It is my winter lip treatment, my nighttime facial moisturizer, the only thing that works on my cracked hands.

For those who say it is glorified Vaseline, let me say that (theoretically) I agree. I actually bought a tub of Vaseline to see what the difference is. Guess what-- it didn't heal my hands and lips the same way, and it broke my skin out. Is it that Aquaphor uses a purer form of petrolatum, one that is odorless and colorless? Or that it's only 41% petrolatum? Or that it has the other stuff in it?

These are questions for dermatologists with free time. Suffice it to say, I am an Aquaphor devotee and have no need to try anything more expensive (even though I have *cough* Arden 8-hour Cream *cough* Clinique DDML)

P.S. The tub is the cheapest way to buy this, but if you're like me and insist on a tube, you should know that the Baby version of Aquaphor (which is the exact same thing just marketed for babies, and in the baby care aisle) is more cost-effective than the 1.75 oz. tube that's sold with the other Aquaphor. The baby tube has nearly twice as much, but doesn't cost twice as much.

78 out of 79 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2007 9:50:00 PM More reviews by marriedarockstar

This ointment works amazingly for dry hands, lips, and feet! I usually only use it at night because of its greasiness, but other than that, I have no complaints! It works for me every time and is a staple in my house!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2007 4:09:00 AM More reviews by jhadiq

I have to say, I am very surprised by this product. I keep lip balm sticks everywhere - at my desk, in my purse, in the bathroom, in the car - wherever I think I'm going to be, I have balm. Despite having lip balm everywhere and applying it many times a day, I used to have constantly chapped lips. Note the words "used to". No more, because I bought a couple of the lip-balm sized tubes of Aquaphor for under five bucks. I bought this after reading about how great it was, and I have to admit, I was pretty disappointed after I looked at the ingredients. The main ingredient is petrolatum (Vaseline), followed by a couple of others (Mineral Oil, Ceresin, Lanolin Alcohol, Panthenol, Glycerin, Bisabolol). I thought to myself - great, this isn't going to do squat, it's just Vaseline!. Well, a few weeks of using this nightly, I have to eat my words! This isn't just plain Jane Vaseline - this stuff really works to cure my chapped lips, and the effect is pretty much immediate! This is really the most effective product I've used to heal my chapped lips. Will repurchase forever. I am thinking of also picking up the large tubes of this stuff to use on my feet at night, too. Heck, maybe all over my body at some point. The only thing about this is that it does seem a bit pricey considering most of it is Vaseline, but I guess Eucerin can charge whatever they like if a product actually works! I think I may have found one of my very few HGs.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2007 3:51:00 AM More reviews by jhadiq

I have to say, I am very surprised by this product. Like the previous reviewer, I have lip balm sticks everywhere - at my desk, in my purse, in the bathroom, in the car - wherever I think I'm going to be, I have balm. Despite having lip balm everywhere and applying it many times a day, I used to have constantly chapped lips. Note the words "used to". No more, because I bought a couple of the lip-balm sized tubes of Aquaphor for under five bucks. I bought this after reading about how great it was, and I have to admit, I was pretty disappointed after I looked at the ingredients. The main ingredient is petrolatum (Vaseline), followed by a couple of others (Mineral Oil, Ceresin, Lanolin Alcohol, Panthenol, Glycerin, Bisabolol). I thought to myself - great, this isn't going to do squat, it's just Vaseline!. Well, a few weeks of using this nightly, I have to eat my words! This isn't just plain Jane Vaseline - this stuff really works to cure my chapped lips, and the effect is pretty much immediate! This is really the most effective product I've used to heal my chapped lips. Will repurchase forever. I am thinking of also picking up the large tubes of this stuff to use on my feet at night, too. Heck, maybe all over my body at some point. The only thing about this is that it does seem a bit pricey considering most of it is Vaseline, but I guess Eucerin can charge whatever they like if a product actually works! I think I may have found one of my very few HGs.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2007 11:47:00 PM More reviews by FastKitty99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a lip balm junkie - can't get enough of it. I probably have 20 tubes of it at any one time sitting in purses, the bathroom, car, desk, etc. I have Aquaphor at my bedside table and prefer this during the winter months when my skin is DRY. It is nice and thick, very emollient. Highly recommended for chapped, dry skin. If I am stranded on a desert island, I definitely want this by my side!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2007 10:21:00 PM More reviews by souporsunny

This is an awesome product for chapped lips! My HG for the past few years has been burt's bees lip balm, but this stuff is way better for intensive treatment. I had this stuff on for 20minutes and my lips already felt so much better. Would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2007 8:57:00 PM More reviews by punkrockzoie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Soooo many uses for this stuff!!!

- i make my own lipgloss out of this stuff. i use little lipgloss containers and add aquaphor, a drop of food coloring, and a drop of cented lotion. it makes amazing lipgloss
the lasting power is about 2 hours.

- to heal dry hands/feet. put it on feet and wear socks overnight to moisturize intensely.

- use one part aquaphor and one part lotion to rub legs after shaving. it moisturizes soo well but doesnt dissolve 100% so it stays on to keep working.

- i dab a bit of aquaphor around my eyes to moisturize at night. it moisturizes better than any night eye cream i've ever used!

- when i use acne cream on my face and i start to get flakey skin, i put a dot of this stuff on the zit. it actually helps it heal better without scaring and of the flakes overnight

- good to use on a chapped nose during winter or when you have a cold

at first i thought aquaphor was just overrated expensive vaseline, but wow im glad i tried this stuff! it's the best moisturizer i've ever used. and so many uses. i paid $7 for a huge tub of it and it should last me a loong time

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2007 3:02:00 PM More reviews by Nikki_Lace

I love this for Chicago winters! My lips don't chap, my hands don't crack... it's an amazing product!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2007 12:26:00 AM More reviews by unloveable82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have psoriasis and this stuff is the only moisturizer i use now. After 10 years of wasting time and money on this lotion and that cream, i finally got hip to this product. It is the only thing that makes a dent in my psoriasis, (besides perscriptions). Also its the only thing i have ever used that truly keeps your skin hydrated all day. Cannot live without it. I don't know what it is that they do different than vaseline, but its waaay better.
EDIT: In order to get some moisture to actually absorb into my skin i use it straight out of the shower on damp skin to seal in the water.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2007 12:20:00 AM More reviews by buechmn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I enjoy Eucerin a lot as I use it mostly on my healing tattoos. It really helps with dry and itchy skin, and it calms down redness.
I definitely depend on this each time I get new ink!