November 27, 2014 | 1210 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Eucerin - Aquaphor Healing Ointment

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2007 4:09:00 AM More reviews by jhadiq

I have to say, I am very surprised by this product. I keep lip balm sticks everywhere - at my desk, in my purse, in the bathroom, in the car - wherever I think I'm going to be, I have balm. Despite having lip balm everywhere and applying it many times a day, I used to have constantly chapped lips. Note the words "used to". No more, because I bought a couple of the lip-balm sized tubes of Aquaphor for under five bucks. I bought this after reading about how great it was, and I have to admit, I was pretty disappointed after I looked at the ingredients. The main ingredient is petrolatum (Vaseline), followed by a couple of others (Mineral Oil, Ceresin, Lanolin Alcohol, Panthenol, Glycerin, Bisabolol). I thought to myself - great, this isn't going to do squat, it's just Vaseline!. Well, a few weeks of using this nightly, I have to eat my words! This isn't just plain Jane Vaseline - this stuff really works to cure my chapped lips, and the effect is pretty much immediate! This is really the most effective product I've used to heal my chapped lips. Will repurchase forever. I am thinking of also picking up the large tubes of this stuff to use on my feet at night, too. Heck, maybe all over my body at some point. The only thing about this is that it does seem a bit pricey considering most of it is Vaseline, but I guess Eucerin can charge whatever they like if a product actually works! I think I may have found one of my very few HGs.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2007 3:51:00 AM More reviews by jhadiq

I have to say, I am very surprised by this product. Like the previous reviewer, I have lip balm sticks everywhere - at my desk, in my purse, in the bathroom, in the car - wherever I think I'm going to be, I have balm. Despite having lip balm everywhere and applying it many times a day, I used to have constantly chapped lips. Note the words "used to". No more, because I bought a couple of the lip-balm sized tubes of Aquaphor for under five bucks. I bought this after reading about how great it was, and I have to admit, I was pretty disappointed after I looked at the ingredients. The main ingredient is petrolatum (Vaseline), followed by a couple of others (Mineral Oil, Ceresin, Lanolin Alcohol, Panthenol, Glycerin, Bisabolol). I thought to myself - great, this isn't going to do squat, it's just Vaseline!. Well, a few weeks of using this nightly, I have to eat my words! This isn't just plain Jane Vaseline - this stuff really works to cure my chapped lips, and the effect is pretty much immediate! This is really the most effective product I've used to heal my chapped lips. Will repurchase forever. I am thinking of also picking up the large tubes of this stuff to use on my feet at night, too. Heck, maybe all over my body at some point. The only thing about this is that it does seem a bit pricey considering most of it is Vaseline, but I guess Eucerin can charge whatever they like if a product actually works! I think I may have found one of my very few HGs.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2007 11:47:00 PM More reviews by FastKitty99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a lip balm junkie - can't get enough of it. I probably have 20 tubes of it at any one time sitting in purses, the bathroom, car, desk, etc. I have Aquaphor at my bedside table and prefer this during the winter months when my skin is DRY. It is nice and thick, very emollient. Highly recommended for chapped, dry skin. If I am stranded on a desert island, I definitely want this by my side!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2007 10:21:00 PM More reviews by souporsunny

This is an awesome product for chapped lips! My HG for the past few years has been burt's bees lip balm, but this stuff is way better for intensive treatment. I had this stuff on for 20minutes and my lips already felt so much better. Would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2007 8:57:00 PM More reviews by punkrockzoie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Soooo many uses for this stuff!!!

- i make my own lipgloss out of this stuff. i use little lipgloss containers and add aquaphor, a drop of food coloring, and a drop of cented lotion. it makes amazing lipgloss
the lasting power is about 2 hours.

- to heal dry hands/feet. put it on feet and wear socks overnight to moisturize intensely.

- use one part aquaphor and one part lotion to rub legs after shaving. it moisturizes soo well but doesnt dissolve 100% so it stays on to keep working.

- i dab a bit of aquaphor around my eyes to moisturize at night. it moisturizes better than any night eye cream i've ever used!

- when i use acne cream on my face and i start to get flakey skin, i put a dot of this stuff on the zit. it actually helps it heal better without scaring and of the flakes overnight

- good to use on a chapped nose during winter or when you have a cold

at first i thought aquaphor was just overrated expensive vaseline, but wow im glad i tried this stuff! it's the best moisturizer i've ever used. and so many uses. i paid $7 for a huge tub of it and it should last me a loong time

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2007 3:02:00 PM More reviews by Nikki_Lace

I love this for Chicago winters! My lips don't chap, my hands don't crack... it's an amazing product!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2007 12:26:00 AM More reviews by unloveable82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have psoriasis and this stuff is the only moisturizer i use now. After 10 years of wasting time and money on this lotion and that cream, i finally got hip to this product. It is the only thing that makes a dent in my psoriasis, (besides perscriptions). Also its the only thing i have ever used that truly keeps your skin hydrated all day. Cannot live without it. I don't know what it is that they do different than vaseline, but its waaay better.
EDIT: In order to get some moisture to actually absorb into my skin i use it straight out of the shower on damp skin to seal in the water.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2007 12:20:00 AM More reviews by buechmn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I enjoy Eucerin a lot as I use it mostly on my healing tattoos. It really helps with dry and itchy skin, and it calms down redness.
I definitely depend on this each time I get new ink!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2007 More reviews by thumperb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've had this tube (hand size) for quite some time but had forgotten all about it. I went on my trip to SF(where it was dry and chilly) last weekend and remembered how amazing this stuff really was! My girlfriend was praising about it the morning after she used this miracle in a tube. What's most amazing about this product is that you don't have to use it every night. I need to use this once a week as a treatment and the result lasts throughout the week. This medium tube lasts forever.
Good price.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2007 6:40:00 PM More reviews by LoveMyMarine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Aquaphor is an ablsoute HG in my life right now. I am only on my 2nd month of accutane and my lips crack and split like crazy, Aquaphor is the ONLY thing i can put on my poor lips, lip gloss-lip stick-lip blam-chapstick ALL burn and sting my lips. I have about 4 of the little mini travel sized tubes, one in my coat pocket, one in my purse, one in my jeans pocket and another next to my bed. I cant go anywhere without it, if i dont constantly have it applied 2 my lips they dry out instantly. I will probably be hooked to this stuff for the rest of my life, it is wonderful. Whoever says this stuff is just glorifed petroleum jelly is a fool, and even tho i know that is the main ingredient i cant even apply *just* petroleum jelly to my lips, nope ......... dosent work, there is something magic in the tubes of Aquaphor.