Eucerin Aquaphor Healing Ointment

4.7

Active Ingredients: Petrolatum (41%) (Skin Protectant [Ointment]) Inactive Ingredients: Mineral Oil, Ceresin, Lanolin Alcohol, Panthenol, Glycerin, Bisabolol

This is a miracle product for me. I have dry skin on my cheeks, and it makes for cakey foundation, cakey blush, and basically, I look like a dried up year old wedding cake. One day my hand slipped while putting on Aquaphor on my lips and it slid right onto my cheeks. It's the best thing that could of happened because by morning, the dry skin is gonzo, and I'm looking as fresh as a daisey.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

The main ingredient in Aquaphor is petrolatum (41%). Aquaphor also contains mineral oil, ceresin, lanolin alcohol, panthenol, glycerin, and bisabolol. It's these ingredients that help to make Aquaphor a healing and moisturizing product. It doesn't contain any preservatives. (Preservatives are only necessary for products that contain water.)
I use Aquaphor as a night cream if my skin is unusually dry or irritated. I apply it after my serum. In the morning my skin is restored.

I'm reviewing the little travel size tubes of Aquaphor, conveniently usable as chapstick or basic lipgloss. i was having a lip/around mouth area skin freak out. my dermatologist recommended this. i have since been using it for the last 10 years. never a problem. a little goes a long way on the lips b/c the consistency is pretty thick (like a clear version of vaseline petroleum jelly). keeps them hydrated, i don't peel, great for under real lipglosses or lipsticks to keep them from getting sticky and gummy. i love this. LOVE this. no smell which is a plus for me. sometimes hard to find, but usually in the travel section (mini size things) at your drugstore, or at target.

I started using Aquaphor a couple years ago when I noticed that my hands became super dry from frequent washing and patches of my chin and cheeks would flake very easily in chilly weather. Regular lotions and creams didn't seem rich enough, so I started using Vaseline. Someone recommended Aquaphor to me, and I found it to feel much fresher, less cloying, and much more pleasant to use than Vaseline while being just as effective. All you need is a tiny amount, and it goes a long way. I like the fact that Aquaphor is unscented (Vaseline has a strange oily smell to it) and can be used for multiple purposes. I have the tube by my bed so that I can rub some on my lips, hands, and feet before bed. (If you have particularly flaky skin or lips and you use this overnight, chances are you will wake up with much improved conditions). The company now offers Aquaphor is handy little tubes, and now make it a priority to have a tube in my purse at all times. I can't tell you how many times it comes in handy, not just for my own use on my hands, but for other people, too. I've had friends get paper cuts, rashes, or other little flare-ups, and I would just whip out my little tube of Aquaphor and save the day in that tiny but significant way. I have a friend who is a pediatric nurse, and she says Aquaphor is used all the time with the babies. "It's the best moisturizer and skin healer," she says. Aquaphor also comes in a jar form, which is actually a better value than the tube forms (more ointment for your money), but I find it less hygienic because the entire jar of ointment is exposed to the air and dust or anything else floating around can settle into the jar every time you use it. Overall, Aquaphor is a great product -- I recommend it to everyone! It's product that is a cross between a beauty product and a healing product.

This works really when when my skin is dried or or my kids. We all use it. Absorbs quickly and isn't greasy.

When i got this product i was pretty skeptical. I just finish my 2nd tube of Kiehl's #1 balm and my lips is still cracking like mad and the skin area around my lips are still red and raw. I've used Vaseline, Mac's tendertones, Kiehl's balm, cocoa butter, Body shop's Vit E..basically everything and nothing works.

Aquaphor looks exactly like vaseline/#1 balm. The texture is almost the same too, maybe slightly thicker. No color/ no scent. After two days of using it....it totally healed the area around my lips and my lips is super soft now. This is my HG lip treatment!! Thank goodness for Aquaphor.

I loved this stuff, used it overnight for years. Slathered thickly on my lips at night, I wiped it off in the morning and ended up with gloriously moisturized lips every day. Then one day I realized something brilliant and profound: Aquaphor is just overpriced Vaseline :P

I found this to be a nice vaseline type product that I tried on my driest body areas, and also used as a lip treatment. I used vaseline for years for dry spots and while it works ok, I finally stopped buying it as it always left a greasy film. This seems to do the same and works no better than the vaseline for me. In fact- this product seems to clog pores and cause acne around my mouth which never happened with vaseline. Once I stopped using it, the problem resolved. My mother however, loves this product for her feet. A decent product, but nothing I will repurchasee after having tried it.

Best stuff ever for my lips. I also use it on my feet and elbows if they are especially dry. I have repurchased and will continue to do so.

I like this stuff. It's seems to not be so oily like Vaseline. I use this to sooth cracks on my lips, face, heels, etc. During cold season this stuff is my savior and heals the cracks from blowing my nose all day. Even during winter when my face is dried out, I'd apply a thin layer to my face as a mask and wear to sleep. No break outs, doesn't clog pores. Just moisturizes and heals everything I need to keep skin hydrated and smooth. It does miracles for my feet too! I like this a lot, like I said, it doesn't clog pores. And for cheap, you can get this at drugstores.