Eucerin Aquaphor Healing Ointment

4.7

Active Ingredients: Petrolatum (41%) (Skin Protectant [Ointment]) Inactive Ingredients: Mineral Oil, Ceresin, Lanolin Alcohol, Panthenol, Glycerin, Bisabolol

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

use to love carmex or smith's rosebud salve but now im an aquaphor convert! makes my lips super soft..i use this as a base b4 applying lippies

on 12/29/2007 9:00:00 PM

I am a chapstick-aholic. I am constantly in need of some sort of lip balm and almost panic if I'm out without any and find myself with dry lips. While looking at reviews I kept reading that this was the best stuff for lips. I could not agree more. This is FABULOUS! I can put it on once in the morning and once at night and be content the rest of the day. During the winter I may apply one more time, but I don't need to apply even half as often as with other things. I will never use any other lip balm. This is the greatest!!

I bought this, of course, because of MUA, and I use it quite often as a lip balm. It is not too gooey but feels great on dry, peeling lips. It has no scent, which is in its favor. A little goes a long way.

I also bought this in the larger size for putting on my heels at night. I have extremely dry heels, and am desperately searching for something that will make them softer with the least amount of work. Aquafor helps somewhat, but I didn't find it extraordinary. It is not a smoothly applying product but works okay when it's on the nightstand.

on 12/25/2007 10:46:00 PM

This works well on cracked skin and lips. I like to use this on my hands when they are cracked, and on my cracked heels. The ingredients help in healing the skin, so it is different from the 'original ointment' you get in the big tub. It is a bit thicker than regular Vaseline so it isn't very pleasant to use, but the results are worth the trouble. I recommend this for everyone with dry and cracked skin, and also for use on babies.

on 12/25/2007 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Aquaphor is a pretty good product, and it's definitely moisturizing. However, it doesn't strike me as any better than A&D ointment (though it doesn't have the smell, which is a plus), and coconut oil works better on my face if it's exceedingly dry (and has many other uses as well). It's good, but I probably won't repurchase it when less expensive products serve me just as well.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Okay, so I broke down and decided to try this "use for everything" product. I do have to say that it really does work. I really didn't want to use this because of the ever dreaded mineral oil that is it's top ingredient, but I guess that moderation, like everything else, is the key. Anyway, I've used this on my hands, on my feet, on my lips, and (gasp!) under my eyes! My skin is super dry this time of year and despite my awesome skin products, I needed a little extra so I bought Aquaphor. Needless to say, it's now one of my staples.

on 12/23/2007 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

There are not too many products that I buy over and over again except for Aquaphor. It is not glorified Vaseline!!! My plastic surgeon uses it on burn victims, dermabrasion and laser patients. They also use it on healing sutures and scars to keep them from drying out.

I had a chemical burn from a sunscreen that I was highly allergic to. I had almost a burn like mark underneath both eyes with peeling and scaling. I tried A& D ointment, vitamin e oil. Emu oil and straight vaseline. None worked. Then my PS suggested Aquaphor. Overnight my skin looked 90% healed. within 3 days it was healed completely. I use this stuff nightly on my dry patches, elbows, feet and hands. It makes my skin soft and supple. I suffer from breakouts too and this does not make me breakout at all. It's a pure form of pharmaceutical grade petroleum mixed with lanolin and other moisturizing and healing ingredients. Vaseline may be cheap but it's not the same thing. I have to give this stuff HG status. I do not go without. It may seem expensive initially, but I buy the large tub and it lasts forever. I keep small tubes in my purse and desk too. My mom suffered from cracked dry heals and nothing was working until she used aquaphor and now she is hooked.

Update: Found another fabulous use for this ointment. Tattoo aftercare. It really helps heal the tattoo nicely. I have several tattoos and my last one kept all it's color intact and still looks fresh.

on 12/23/2007 12:05:00 PM

I bought this a year ago based off of the great reviews on MUA, and they were not wrong! This has become a staple in my nightstand, and I plan to buy some purse-sized tubes. I use this nightly on my lips, and wake up with them perfectly soft and flake-free. I've also used this on my feet overnight with socks, and awoke to much softer feet and heels. Another way I use Aquaphor is on cuts and scrapes that are healing! I think it definitely helps the skin to repair more quickly than without anything on it. This is a great product, and I now see why it's been around for so long!

on 12/21/2007 2:33:00 PM

I love this stuff! it saved my dry hands and it moisturizes my lips. it is great for the cold, windy san francisco weather. sometimes if i'm especially dry i will use this stuff out of the tub after i shower and then i go to bed. i wake up with super-soft skin.

on 12/17/2007 2:51:00 PM

a few questions....how does petroleum jelly qualify as an 'active ingredient'? why is aquaphor so expensive when its ingredients are fairly common moisturizers (Mineral Oil, Ceresin, Lanolin Alcohol, Panthenol, Glycerin, Bisabolol) found in lots of other products? yes, i tried straight vaseline and realized now why eucerin still makes aquaphor - it's MUCH than just petroleum jelly and clearly it's their trade secret since no one else has figured out why. i've tried tons of expensive eye creams - la mer, laura mercier, and shiseido - and none of them can compare to just plain old aquaphor. in my younger (acne-prone) years i shied away from anything that was remotely heavy. i can alternate my la mer face cream with aquaphor every night and not only am i blemish-free, my skin looks fresh and glowing! because i have pretty dry skin, this ointment doesn't give me milia or any other odd growths - just baby-soft, fresh looking skin.