Eucerin Aquaphor Healing Ointment

4.7

Active Ingredients: Petrolatum (41%) (Skin Protectant [Ointment]) Inactive Ingredients: Mineral Oil, Ceresin, Lanolin Alcohol, Panthenol, Glycerin, Bisabolol

on 1/18/2008 9:37:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I'm pretty sure Aquaphor can do anything. It has saved my nose, my lips, elbows, knees, feet - everything. I like that it does not have a smell, and that it keeps whatever I have applied it to moisturized for a long time - everything else I've tried either has an overpowering scent or requires constant reapplication. I have a mini tube in my purse, a tub on my nightstand, and a big tube at work. Now if only I could find a way for it to help me figure out my taxes . . .

on 1/13/2008 9:25:00 PM

This stuff works wonders on your lips! I used it for years on my kids in the winter and it occurred to me one day to slap some on my dry lips, and I was instantly hooked. I put it on multiple times a day alone or under my lip color. My lips are always soft and smooth. LOVE IT!!

on 1/13/2008 12:42:00 AM

GREAT product. Cheap, $5 for a tube that will last me the rest of my life, I apply at night and wake up with silky lips. I knocked off one lippie for two reasons--1, it isn't a multipurpose lip balm, at least for me, it's too thick and greasy in texture for daytime use; 2, the packaging is awkward to carry in a purse even if it did work better for me for daytime; I'd be afraid the soft tube would explode. However, these should not prevent you from picking this up! If you have chapped lips it is an absolute godsend.

on 1/11/2008 4:40:00 PM

I used the generic CVS version of this, and I LOVEEEEEE it. I bought in time for my nasty sinus infection to kick in - I used it multiple times a day on my lips and the area between my nose and upper lip - and no breakouts! It's a bit too greasy to use as hand lotion, but I use it on my feet and any dry patches on my body. My new HG.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love Aquaphor! I can not say enough about this product! I have cracked, dry lips always and everyday, until I started using Aquaphor. It is my go to for my lips, hands, and any oter area that is dry and in need of love. It doesn't irritate my sensitive skin, nor does it smell or taste bad. I think that everyone can benefit from this miracle worker! I just got some small sample tubes from my mother which I keep in my purse. You can find these at Target! kinda of pricey for two small tubes, but they make it easier to carry with you. I keep a tube in my desk and one in my medicine cabinet. The price point is fair and reasonable. To be honest, I would pay anything for this. I hope you love it as much as I do. Btw, I do not use it on my face or as a moisturizer b/c I am oily and think this would make my skin break out badly. I do use this on cuts and anything else in need of healing. Enjoy!!!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Count me in as another lip balm addict who has seen the light and converted to an Aquaphor fan. This stuff isn't very glamorous, but it works just as well as my beloved Kiehl's #1, is 1/3 of the price, and is a slightly thicker consistency, so it makes an excellent base for lipstick and stays on my lips longer. I will probably always have a tub of Kiehl's around for sentimental reasons, but Aquaphor will be replacing everything else!

This is a great drugstore standby, and like Johnsonís & Johnsonís Baby Oil itís a great multi-tasker for all ages. In the winter my skin is extremely dry (think constant redness, itching and peeling) but also extremely sensitive. None of the ďsuperĒ nighttime moisturizers by cosmetic companies work. So for me, I like to put a drop of Aura Caciaís Sweet Almond Oil, let it sink in, then layer Aquaphor over it to seal in the hydration. I have the pot, which isnít the most sanitary, but they do have it in tubes. So I usually dip two fingers in the pot and then rub between my fingers to emulsify it, and then gently pat it onto my skin. I try to do this an hour before I get in bed so that it absorbs. I also have the travel tubes in my purse and use it as lip balm, to soothe irritated skin on my body, tame unruly eyebrows, moisturize my cuticles Ö

my body is used to humidity...and i moved down south where it rains like five times a year... for like ten minutes.. so my skin is parched
so during winter when the heat is on.. my skin gets so itchy from the dryness... i use manoi oil, baby oil and then shea butter on my body now
i used to use cream on my face estee''s daywear.. and it's was fine...just not for the cold dry weather... i've been here two years.. and every winter i had that problem for a couple months..then ,my face would peel and when it got hot again.. it'd be back to normal..
well, my face started itching for three days when i had enough and wouldn't go through the burn and peeling feeling again....so i went to get some aquaphor... (i've been using bio-oil for a while.. skin seems even where new acne scars don't cover...i'm almost done with the bottle...but that's another review)
i used it
first day directly over my itchy skin, i couldn't sleep before the aquafor coz it felt like burning... but less then a week later.. my skin is back to normal.. and well moisturized...
in the morning , i mix in less than a half a pea size amount into a little bit of kiel's ultra facial moisturiser or cetaphil dail facial moisturizer, under my makeup...my mom is a moisture freak...and she definitely noiticed dewy skin.. instead of alligator skin

i had rashes, redness, dry spots, burning skin one day.. and less then a week later.. it's like it never happened
my HG of everything..it's really healing!!

on 1/6/2008 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Thanks to prescription acne meds such as duac gel (benzoyl peroxide) and retin-A, the skin around my mouth and on my chin and nose flakes and peels like nobody's business.

Aquaphor is the ONLY moisturizer to ever have taken care of this flaking issue for me. I have tried countless moisturizers, and this is it. I only use it at night since it is much more like a heavy balm than something lighter that more readily sinks into the skin, but it is worth it.

I've had an unfortunate allergy to any lip products with pigment, and most lip balms (I know, it's awful!) and the very worst of times, when my lips were yucky and peeling, this is what saved them. It's incredibly good stuff.