Desert Essence Jojoba Oil - 100 pure

4.3

Not tested on animals

Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil.

on 1/9/2008 4:34:00 PM

I like this to use at night only. I use Retin-A micro every other day and love love love what it has done for my skin... except for the insane peeling. Its weird peeling too, like it doesnt really seem that dry or anything, it just peels.
The problem with this is it leads me to scrub and exfoiliate the sh*t out of my face, which DOES leave it red and dry and sore. And normally Cliniques dramatically diff moist GEL is an uber HG for me, but now at night I want bit more moisture. I would have never thought of this oil if not for this site, but am glad to have found it because it does really really moisturize me just like I need and Im so happy that it doesnt interfer with the retin-A at all and doesnt break me out- however I dont recommend it under makeup b/c I found it lead to many clogged pores for whatever reason. But thats ok, I love my clinique DDMGel for the day under makeup and this is just awesome for a night treatment. And talk about cheap! A bottle last forever. Just dampin fingers and massage into skin. Yay. Thanks makeupalley! :)

on 1/9/2008 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I LOVE THIS stuff. I use it for so many different things...

-As a scalp treatment in the winter (I get really bad flakes and I hate them smell of Dandruff shampoos). Just add a decent amount to dry hair and massage in to the scalp (for a extra bonus put a shower cap on and use your blow dryer for 5 minutes to get it really warm).

- As a night treatment for my face. I have sensitive breakout prone skin, so I need the hydration but not the pore clogging stuff. Use three- to four drops of Jojoba oil and one drop of Tea Tree Oil, massage into makeup free skin and sleep with it on.

Definitely great stuff and you can find it everywhere.

on 1/8/2008 9:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Got this as a night moisturizer and I love it! I have normal/combo acne prone, slightly sensitive skin and this is working as a dream for me. I use like I read on hear, apply on a wet face with wet hands using soft patting motions. So far it works great! I use three drops of this mixed with one drop of tea tree oil and in the morning my face is radiant, my acne is cleared up and I'm just left happy. Wouldn't use this in the day but its a fab night treatment and I would highly recommend this to anyone with any skin type since its simple and just good for your skin. One thing I hate.....the packaging! Highly recommend buying a dropper to apply this.

on 1/3/2008 11:45:00 AM

Talking about being pissed off with a product... My story: Finally, after a few years of having problematic skin (oily but dry, sensitive and blotchy) things were going fine again and my skin was looking very great and flawless. Stupid, STUPID me wanted to add a very little extra bit of moisture to my face, so I applied some jojoba oil before going to bed. I wondered this oil could never be irritating or anything, because it's supposed to be so natural and skin-sebum-alike... How WRONG was I!!! The next morning my face looked very angry, irritated and blotchy, with many red bumps on my chin-area mainly. I hoped, prayed and begged this was just an off-day and it would all disappear quickly, but not a chance. Two days later, skin still looks irritated and some bumps became whiteheads and worse.. I hate what this did to my poor face, and it won't be a surprise I'm NOT recommending it! But, based on the majority of the other reviews here, for many people it IS worth to give it a try... Just don't get your hopes too high.

on 12/31/2007 11:59:00 PM

I love Jojoba Oil and I have used Desert Essence, but have found a much cheaper version form HobaCare :)

on 12/30/2007 8:57:00 PM

I love this product. It is my HG moisturizer. I always apply a few drops
on damp skin after I wash my face. The only downside is the packaging.
It's very difficult to control how much product comes out. I always transfer
mine to a glass bottle with a dropper.

on 12/30/2007 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I've been using jojoba oil on and off for nearly 7 years now. Its a staple in my house.....fabulous moisturizer, use it for face and body. Sometimes I use it as a carrier for tea tree or lavender oils when I have extra breakout problems, or I use a drop in moisturizer when I am extra dry. This stuff has NEVER caused a breakout...and I am as acne prone as it gets. Will keep on repurchasing for the forseeable future.

on 12/28/2007 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Best moisturizer for my sensative, acne-prone, combo skin! A great multi-purpose product for make-up removal, eye cream, and moisturizer. I use one drop for my eye area, and an additional two for my entire face. I swear the fine lines around my eyes are disappearing! Absorbs right in and leaves no greasy residue.

on 12/27/2007 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I've been using this for a couple years now. Started when I was using Retin-A and Obagi and it really helped. I stopped while I was prego and only recently started back to using it.

I started again because after my son. my skin started to be really tight and dry (which before I had oily/combo skin) and no matter how much moisturizer I put on- it still wasn't good enough. My skin was still tight and flakey.

I now put this on at night after my shower. I only use 2-3 drops and allow at least 30 minutes for it to absorb into my face.
I am acne-prone and this has never caused me to breakout. I agree that the packaging is lacking, but it works and is inexpensive so I'm happy with it!

on 12/24/2007 5:02:00 PM

Packaging: Pretty awful - whenever I try to get a few drops out, oil leaks from the top and drips down, making the entire bottle greasy and slippery. Since I use the DHC cleansing oil, I just filled a used bottle with jojoba oil, which is a lot more convenient.

Usages: I use this for my skin and hair - for my skin, I'll use about two to three drops and a bit of aloe vera gel and massage it into my skin. When I first started using this oil on my skin, I got strange bumps (clogged pores, I guess) around my jawline and on my right temple (on the right side of my forehead). They didn't go away for about two months, but after prolonged use of jojoba oil, they cleared up. I used to have pretty acne-prone skin - particularly around my cheeks and chin, and now I rarely get pimples at all. For my hair, I use jojoba oil, honey, and conditioner in a hair mask around three to four times a week - it makes my hair incredibly soft, shiny, and manageable.

Popular Moisturizers