November 20, 2014 | 2018 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2008 4:50:00 PM More reviews by letsbedazzle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used to have such red and angry skin on my face, I'm going to go ahead and say it was the Proactiv, in my infinite wisdom, haha. I switch to just using Dr. Bronner's Peppermint soap, some diluted Tea Tree Oil a couple times a week, and cetaphil cream. It's fairly heavy, so I usually apply it to wettish/damp skin. My skin has never looked better. I don't think this clogs pores, I'm 16 so I doubt I can completely escape the clenches of little bumpies, and I can go without makeup if I so wish without a qualm. I got a 20 oz jar at costco for something like 10 dollars, and I think in about a year I've gone through half the jar. It's just a great, basic moisturizer for all skin types.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2008 11:59:00 AM More reviews by Alexine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this in the 16 oz jar and it is amazing. During Fall and Winter it is not uncommon for me to go through several creams because my face get sooo extremely dry. I bought this on a whim and I can't believe how highly moisturizing it is. I wish I would've found this months ago, because it not only works for my face and neck, but also for my hands. I use this at night and when I wake up, my skin is soft and moisturized. No roughness or tightness. I'm very pleased and impressed with this cream. The price is unbeatable and the quality superb.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2008 6:50:00 PM More reviews by puffnugget

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

When my face is out of control with dryness and flakes, I turn to Cetaphil Cream. During these episodes, I wear it at night and wake up with a more hydrated face. I apply it before makeup to smooth the dry patches. If I use it more than 2-3 days in a row, I will break out with whiteheads and stuffed pores. The repackaged version brakes me out less than the old one. Despite the acne, I will purchase and repurchase because I have yet to find anything better to tame very dry, flaky skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2008 7:58:00 PM More reviews by sarahandj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This review is for CVS COPARE TO CETHAPHIL MOISTURIZING CREAM. NOT CETHAPHIL. I have loved cethaphil cream for years as a heavy duty cream for body. IMO nothing beats it for extra dry skin. When they reformulated Cethaphil, as everyone as noted, the smell is really weird. CVS has made the knockoff cream and it is still the same and fragrance free completely. Great option for Cethaphil fans. If you do not have cvs, they are on line. It is around 10 dollars for the tube. I prefer natural creams and lotions now, but this is a must have standby. I have found that it takes awhile to sink in and you can speed that up by using powder over it or mixing with aloe vera jelly. (Aloelife is the best) Hope this helps!!! Also, Equate at Walmart may make this too, I haven't tried it though.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/24/2008 8:28:00 PM More reviews by CelesteB

Not that great, in my opinion. It is just okay...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2008 1:09:00 AM More reviews by paridaryayi13

I just started using Cetaphil product after realizing and accepting the fact that i do have sensitive skin :) few weeks ago i bought this face wash and my face reacted BADLY to it so i switched to Cetaphils face wash and things started looking better, but it was not enough. For the first time in my life my skin was supper dry my face was flaking off i could not believe my eyes, i went ahead and got this cream. As soon as i opened it i noticed the smell but it did not bother me so i applied it, and right away my face looked better. After only one day and one night my dry skin is soft and beautiful. Now i am used to the smell, and i don't even notice it :) I love this stuff i will use it night times only after my skin is completely healed :)

UPDATE- I have replaced this cream with a all natural facial cream...but i will never forget this saved my skin when i had no hope :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2008 2:04:00 PM More reviews by jaqi16

Bought the tube and love it! A little goes a really long way. I use it on my face and it doesn't make my skin greasy at all (I use a tiny amount, like the size of a eraser on a pencil). It absorbs right in. I will definately continue to buy this!!

UPDATE: I still love this product, but it may be a little much for daytime use. I tried the Cetaphil lotion and like that better for daytime. I will use this as a night cream and hand cream.

UPDATE: 4/14/08~ My face now has so many clogged pores and acne... what is going on? The only thing I have changed is using Cetaphil products. I don't know if it's just the cream, but I think it may be one of the culprits. I never get whiteheads (the acne I get is little bumps under the skin) and my face has errupted. I am embarrassed to leave the house without all my makeup on. I tried this because the other creams I use are more expensive, but lession learned. I would still use this as a body moisturizer, but not on my face. Once it's used up I will not repurchase since I like the Ultra Hydrating one for my body better.

UPDATE AGAIN: 8/11/09: I use this as a hand cream and love it for that. It feels like Shea Butter (tub version) and really moisturizes well for that. For this I am giving it 5 lippies, NOT for a face cream for that it gets a ZERO!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2008 2:43:00 AM More reviews by SiouxCat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't notice any difference with the new packaging. The smell was never anything great when it came to Cetaphil lotions & creams...I always thought that was the trade-off for it being gentle.

I overall love this stuff as a body lotion. It keeps my skin soft & adds just a bit of shine so that my legs & arms look nice when wearing a skirt or going sleeveless.

I only use this on my face at night when my skin is on the dry side, as my skin is normally very oily. It moisturizes well & does not break me out, but it leaves my face waaay too shiny.

I will continue to buy this as my body moisturizer. I do find it a bit pricey though...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2008 5:13:00 PM More reviews by hisgirldee

I usually have combination skin, and just recently i suffered an extreme allergic reaction to MAC's studio fix fluid. After I took the appropriate amount of Benadryl the allergy went away but left my face totally messed up. It was dryer than it has ever been, and peeling basically everywhere. I have a few cleansers and moisturizers but everything made the itchiness worse.

I was looking for a cleanser and moisturizer to use while my face got back on track that wouldn't further drying my face out and would moisturize accordingly. And that's exactly what I found with Cetaphil Mousturizing Cream (For Dry, Sensitive Skin). I don't know what it was but my face just sucked it in, and it's slowly recovering. I definitely recommend it for the dry season during the year... (:

I'm not really into packaging and such so those types of things don't sway me from re-purchasing a product.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/22/2008 1:37:00 AM More reviews by thecreativelogic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Okay - for all of you who have experienced the HORRIBLE musty smell of the new packaging, especially of the cream in the tube, this is for you.

My mom has always used and love the cetaphil cream. But this new packaging smells awful, a "mildewy" smell. I smelled it too - it's horrible!! Anyway, she was so mad that she wrote an email to Galderma (spelling?) labs and they wrote back asking her more about why she didn't like it, they were really interested in the problem and wanted to know more to correct it, and sent her a letter and (I think) prepaid envelope to send back the bad stuff and they would reimburse her.

In the meantime, we were looking for a) a replacement, and b) checking out other stores' supplies of Cetaphil to see if they were all bad (they are.) BUT what we found out today and what I wanted to share is that the Cetaphil Cream that comes in the JAR, not the tube, actually smells and seems totally normal, like the old stuff. So, there is an answer! It just doesn't come in a tube, but I see no reason you couldn't put it in a travel tube or something if that was more convenient for you.

Letting you all know this is important to me because my mom has eczema and it's hard for her to find creams that don't irritate it, as I'm sure many of you have similar issues. She says this cream makes her skin "normal." I really hope this helps!

21 out of 27 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No