October 21, 2014 | 1579 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2008 1:09:00 AM More reviews by paridaryayi13

I just started using Cetaphil product after realizing and accepting the fact that i do have sensitive skin :) few weeks ago i bought this face wash and my face reacted BADLY to it so i switched to Cetaphils face wash and things started looking better, but it was not enough. For the first time in my life my skin was supper dry my face was flaking off i could not believe my eyes, i went ahead and got this cream. As soon as i opened it i noticed the smell but it did not bother me so i applied it, and right away my face looked better. After only one day and one night my dry skin is soft and beautiful. Now i am used to the smell, and i don't even notice it :) I love this stuff i will use it night times only after my skin is completely healed :)

UPDATE- I have replaced this cream with a all natural facial cream...but i will never forget this saved my skin when i had no hope :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2008 2:04:00 PM More reviews by jaqi16

Bought the tube and love it! A little goes a really long way. I use it on my face and it doesn't make my skin greasy at all (I use a tiny amount, like the size of a eraser on a pencil). It absorbs right in. I will definately continue to buy this!!

UPDATE: I still love this product, but it may be a little much for daytime use. I tried the Cetaphil lotion and like that better for daytime. I will use this as a night cream and hand cream.

UPDATE: 4/14/08~ My face now has so many clogged pores and acne... what is going on? The only thing I have changed is using Cetaphil products. I don't know if it's just the cream, but I think it may be one of the culprits. I never get whiteheads (the acne I get is little bumps under the skin) and my face has errupted. I am embarrassed to leave the house without all my makeup on. I tried this because the other creams I use are more expensive, but lession learned. I would still use this as a body moisturizer, but not on my face. Once it's used up I will not repurchase since I like the Ultra Hydrating one for my body better.

UPDATE AGAIN: 8/11/09: I use this as a hand cream and love it for that. It feels like Shea Butter (tub version) and really moisturizes well for that. For this I am giving it 5 lippies, NOT for a face cream for that it gets a ZERO!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2008 2:43:00 AM More reviews by SiouxCat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't notice any difference with the new packaging. The smell was never anything great when it came to Cetaphil lotions & creams...I always thought that was the trade-off for it being gentle.

I overall love this stuff as a body lotion. It keeps my skin soft & adds just a bit of shine so that my legs & arms look nice when wearing a skirt or going sleeveless.

I only use this on my face at night when my skin is on the dry side, as my skin is normally very oily. It moisturizes well & does not break me out, but it leaves my face waaay too shiny.

I will continue to buy this as my body moisturizer. I do find it a bit pricey though...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2008 5:13:00 PM More reviews by hisgirldee

I usually have combination skin, and just recently i suffered an extreme allergic reaction to MAC's studio fix fluid. After I took the appropriate amount of Benadryl the allergy went away but left my face totally messed up. It was dryer than it has ever been, and peeling basically everywhere. I have a few cleansers and moisturizers but everything made the itchiness worse.

I was looking for a cleanser and moisturizer to use while my face got back on track that wouldn't further drying my face out and would moisturize accordingly. And that's exactly what I found with Cetaphil Mousturizing Cream (For Dry, Sensitive Skin). I don't know what it was but my face just sucked it in, and it's slowly recovering. I definitely recommend it for the dry season during the year... (:

I'm not really into packaging and such so those types of things don't sway me from re-purchasing a product.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/22/2008 1:37:00 AM More reviews by thecreativelogic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Okay - for all of you who have experienced the HORRIBLE musty smell of the new packaging, especially of the cream in the tube, this is for you.

My mom has always used and love the cetaphil cream. But this new packaging smells awful, a "mildewy" smell. I smelled it too - it's horrible!! Anyway, she was so mad that she wrote an email to Galderma (spelling?) labs and they wrote back asking her more about why she didn't like it, they were really interested in the problem and wanted to know more to correct it, and sent her a letter and (I think) prepaid envelope to send back the bad stuff and they would reimburse her.

In the meantime, we were looking for a) a replacement, and b) checking out other stores' supplies of Cetaphil to see if they were all bad (they are.) BUT what we found out today and what I wanted to share is that the Cetaphil Cream that comes in the JAR, not the tube, actually smells and seems totally normal, like the old stuff. So, there is an answer! It just doesn't come in a tube, but I see no reason you couldn't put it in a travel tube or something if that was more convenient for you.

Letting you all know this is important to me because my mom has eczema and it's hard for her to find creams that don't irritate it, as I'm sure many of you have similar issues. She says this cream makes her skin "normal." I really hope this helps!

21 out of 27 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2008 8:32:00 PM More reviews by gvgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Well I bought this today because of all the good reviews and honestly I don't see why everyone thinks this is sooo amazing. It is a pretty standard cream to me. It's not bad, just nothing special. Oh and there must have been a lot of oil concentrated on the top of my tub because the first couple times I tried it, it looked like an oil slick on my skin and would not absorb at all. It seems to be fine now though...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2008 2:01:00 AM More reviews by ldybach

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

(sorry for the length)
This Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream is absolutely wonderful. I use it year round.

Do not confuse this with the lotion - especially the dreadful spf lotion by Cetaphil. Maybe they've changed it, but the spf lotion was a bad experience for me. The non spf lotion is fine, but I prefer the heavier cream moisturizer.

I have very dry skin in general and eczema around my eyes. My face gets extremely dry in the winter and this is one of the few things I can use regularly without any irritation or burning. Even around my eyes. It's not meant as a face cream really, but most people use it there as well.

I've read that some people react to it - I think most attribute that to the Propylene Glycol, so if you are sensitive to that you may want to skip it.

Try a smaller tube first.

Also, many that hated the product and claimed it burned or made them break out also commented that it smelled bad. I think it's possible they had a bad tub or old tub - but maybe not. Nothing will agree with everyone.

The scent reminds me of a clean baby. The scent does get odd when it's old and should be tossed.

I would recommend it as a cheap night cream for some. It goes pretty far since it's so rich. A large tub lasts me quite a long time - many months.

I have another night cream I prefer, because I get fairly dramatic results the next day, but when my skin is being fussy and irritable I always turn to this. Also, in the winter my night cream isn't always up to snuff as an overnight moisturizer so I use it as a day cream and Cetaphil as a night cream.

It feels so water based (hard to explain) when you dig your hand into a fresh tub - I love a new tub. I almost want to ditch my old one when I'm part way through just to experience a new tub - that's dumb, I know. Instead I move the half used tub to my bedside to use just on my body and get a fresh tub for my face - that's probably more hygienic too. Maybe I should just break down and switch to the tubes for my face. For some reason I just prefer the tubs.

Oh - and I really slather it on my face at night some times (my house is so dry in the winter, it's a an old log home and sucks up the moisture even with humidifiers going round the clock). It does not make me break out - and I can be prone to break outs if I get lazy.

This does come in tubes that others find more convenient - and I have mini ones to keep in my purses etc.

My sister has used this on my niece since she was born for her severe eczema - they love it. My niece is now five and loves the little tiny tubes I share with her.

A very, very light, natural seeming fragrance - not perfumy - just clean. Nice for a baby.

Some may think it's greasy - but if you do I think it's probably just too rich for your needs. Try the lotion. I do think the lotion is also very good, just not rich enough for my needs.

But again - I did NOT like the spf lotion which is completely different. I have to try the newer DailyAdvanceTM Ultra Hydrating Lotion. Maybe I'll pick that up tomorrow.

A little goes a long way.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2008 9:24:00 PM More reviews by more_spraygel_please

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I have very oily acne prone skin. My skin has become very dry this winter and red from using retin-A. I wanted a "no-frills" moisturizer to use occasionally to offset the dryness from the acne treatments. I love this, if I see the flakies on my forehead I use this for one night and my skin looks amazing in the morning. It does not cause break outs for me. I wouldn't use this as my daily moisturizer, it would be a too greasy. I use this on my hands too before bed, it has really helped through this New England winter. I can even see using this in the summer especially after a day at the beach! :-) PS I didn't notice a a strong smell at all, if anything it smelled a little bit like the plastic tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2008 9:35:00 AM More reviews by Ladyblackwulf

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My Dr recommed this to me years ago when I was a young teen due to extrmly dry skin. I bought one bottle and used it, my skin reacted to something in it, so badly, that I had to shower it off my skin and quickly. I quickly tossed the bottle in the trash and never tried it again.

Now years later it seems, they changed the formula. It's still "thick" but not as greasy as it was all those years ago, my skin seems to drink it in with out any reaction ie breaking out or burning sensation, my pores don't feel clogged. This will come to great use since it's really unscented (I hate scented lotions that will clash with my perfume) and great for very cold days when it will be needed the most.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2008 2:44:00 PM More reviews by fluffylamb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

My holy grail of drugstore body lotions! This was recommended to me by my dermatologist and I've been using it ever since. It has a light creamy texture, but goes on smooth like a lotion. It's not sticky at all like certain other creams (e.g, Eucerin or Keri). It goes on your skin with a cool feeling, so it feels really good.

I also love how it has no scent on it at all. I mainly use this as a body and hand lotion, but occasionally use it on my face too with no problems.

Comes in a no frills tub. You can find this in a bigger tub at Costco at a cheaper price than normal drugstores.

Make sure to buy the cream in the tub, not the lotion in the bottle. The cream is much much better.

Other lotions I like to use are the Aveeno body lotion & AmLactin. I keep buying these 3 products again and again because it works.