April 19, 2014 | 1839 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2011 3:16:00 AM More reviews by misscal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

At first it seems like $8.00 is a lot for this tiny little jar, but it definitely lasts. I wear eyeliner almost daily, so for me to say that it lasts means that moderate users will find this product valuable.

One of the nice things is that it automatically comes with the applicator. In stores like Sephora the applicator is sold separately and the cheapest ones (last time I checked) were $13.00! Mind you that is NOT including the eye liner gel itself.

I like the way the get rolls on. It takes time to learn to do it swiftly, but I think that's fair to say with any make up product. Once in a while I have to touch it up during the day, but it's not a terrible bother.

Over all it's good quality and a fair price. The only improvement that could be made is the brush bristle. Over time the tip sort of molds and so it can be difficult to clean it.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2011 12:17:00 AM More reviews by swirlyloon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this is my first gel eyeliner.. i brought maybelline because it was cheap i brought Blackest black, it was okay at first?! but it messes around with my eyelid and it's so greasy.. I have to say the truth but " NO EYELINERS HAVE EVER SMUDGED, CRACKED, RUIN or anything else!" because as I have literally ' normal skin " it's not dry or oily or sensitive or acne prone or anything else, therefore, no eyeliners actually smudge, or even budge, but this one.. HORRIBLE.
it smudged my lids and it feels so heavy and greasy and further months it even dried out!
pfft thank god it was cheap, and because i don't like wasting stuff i suppose this will just have to spent the rest of it's life in the drawer until i found a better use with this product
guys if you are hesitating to buy this product DONT BUY!
I suggest you to use makeupforever, Jillstuart ( beautiful packaging and lasts) smashbox and the KATE!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2011 10:16:00 PM More reviews by thewomanwarrior

For the price, this Maybelline Eyestudio gel eyeliner is a really good product. It exceeded my expectations. I lost my MAC blacktrack fluidline so I have been using Maybelline's gel eyeliner 24/7. The pointed brush that comes with it is decent but you have to wash it after every use. I actually use the brush to tightline my eyes with the gel eyeliner; however, I do not recommend using it to wing your eyeliner. If you are going for the cat eyeliner look, you are better off using an angled eyeliner brush. I have used Maybelline's Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner for almost a year and it still hasn't dried out! If you are interested in using a drugstore gel eyeliner, I highly recommend Maybelline's gel eyeliner over L'Oreal's Hip cream eyeliner and Wet and Wild's cream eyeliner. L'Oreal and Wet and Wild gel eyeliners dry out too quickly. I rated the Eyestudio gel eyeliner as a 4 because unfortunately, it will not last on the waterline on its own. If you want the gel eyeliner to last longer on the waterline, it's imperative that you prime the lower lash line with a primer such as Urban Decay primer potion or Too Faced Shadow insurance or your preferred primer. After I prime my lower lash line, I line my waterline with Revlon's colorstay pencil eyeliner. I then line my waterline with Maybelline's gel eyeliner. This method helps the product to last a little bit longer on my waterline. Since Maybelline is quite affordable, go ahead and try the eyestudio gel eyeliner. It might work for you! :-)

rated 2 of 5 on 7/8/2011 3:13:00 AM More reviews by ayoitsanna

i bought this product somewhere in January, and it's rarely been used. i really love how this gave me a dramatic look, as it says. but unfortunately, i have raccoon eyes at the end of the day ): i'm not sure if it's just me, or the eyeliner. but it just doesn't last very long on my eyes. i don't think i would buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2011 6:21:00 PM More reviews by mayholic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not the worst liner I've ever tried, but not the best. This was painfully average and unremarkable. After a few hours of wear, it began to flake, and the pigmentation was not very strong even after going over the lines several times. Would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2011 5:36:00 PM More reviews by magdvn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the eyeliner I always end up coming back to. I've tried Bobbi Brown and MAC gel eyeliners and neither have the staying power nor pigmentation that I get with Maybelline. Love love love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2011 4:40:00 PM More reviews by clinicalcolostomy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite eyeliner, I love the dark color it gives me. I use it in "Blackest Black" and it really is black. Unlike most pencils that say they're black, but look grey, this stays true to what it says. It does smudge a bit on my top lid in the inner corner, but not near as bad as pencil, and it doesn't crack off like liquid. Whenever I yawn, my eyes water, and liquid always get wet and wash off, but this stays in place. My watery eyes due to yawning is more than likely the reason why it smudges, but it's not to an unbearable point.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/4/2011 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Helluvalassie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wanted to love it but poor lasting power on my oily lid and after a couple of days I started getting a reaction to it. Horrible, itchy, sore eyes. Another product in the bin!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2011 1:37:00 AM More reviews by kathy427

LOVE IT!
Mine is in brown. I dnt like wearing intense black eyeliners, it makes me look so unnatural. I was never a big fan of eyeliners, until I tried Bobbi Brown's, but the Maybelline one is fantastic considering the price and the quality (smooth, long lasting, beautiful color). I can't tell the difference between Bobbi Brown's and Maybelline's. Too bad the color range is so small. Definitely gonna repurchase the brown one. It's not a matte brown either, you'll see tiny gold glitters in the gel liner (no fall outs).
It came with a decent brush , but i like my angle liner better. So i used the brush as a lip brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2011 2:41:00 AM More reviews by TheReviewLady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I have Maybelline's eyestudio gel eyeliner in "brown" and it looks so natural on my dark brown eyes. It doesn't crease, which is important because I have hooded eyelids, and the brush that comes with the product makes application a breeze. I would buy this eyeliner again and again.