Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser

3.7

Water Purified, Glycerin, Lauryl Glucoside, Decyl Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide DEA, Glycereth 7, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Cocoyl Sarcosinate, Glycol Stearate, PEG 120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Citric Acid, Fragrance

I have never had a blackhead in my life. I used this prouct, and voila, blackeads everywhere, even on my cheeks! It smells EXACTLY like dishwashing liquid. YUCK! The only thing I liked about it was the very convenient packaging and that it really does remove all traces of makeup easily (dishwashing liquid will do that). The packaging will look very cute in my garbage can.

on 8/28/2003 3:59:00 AM

I love this stuff for taking off makeup and leaving my skin soft and clean. Works great!

on 8/11/2003 2:28:00 AM

this product sounded perfect to me... and it did live up to its claims of even taking off waterproof eyemakeup... but i found that it left a goey film on my face.
I improvised a bit, and used my normal cleanser on my face, and used fresh foaming cleanser as an eyemakeup remover. as early as the next day i noticed tiny whiteheads on my browbone and around my eyes where i NEVER break out. I stopped using the product, and the blemishes disappeared. Thus, i am throwing this product out. Im sure it works for some people, but not me.

on 8/7/2003 11:58:00 AM

I liked this at first since it was so convenient; took off waterproof eye makeup so I didn't have to use an extra remover. However, it became really drying even for my ultra oily skin, and made me break out in tiny zits. I think the detergents and fragrance in the cleanser are irritating. I just use it to wash my makeup brushes now. I definitely wouldn't recommend this.

I've been using this product at night everyday for about 2 years now. It thoroughly removes all my eye makeup w/o having to scrub better than any other cleanser I;ve tried and never leaves my skin too dry or feeling not cleansed well. Definitely recommend as an effective makeup remover wash - but I do not use it in the a.m. on basically clean skin, instead I use a mild soap.

on 8/6/2003 9:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I usually like Neutrogena products, but this cleanser did not do anything for me. It didn't clean my face completely... just left a slimy residue. And I don't know if I got a defective bottle, but it smells awful (like a wet towel that's been left out in the heat). I asked my husband to try it to double-check and he agreed with me. I do not recommend this product.

on 8/5/2003 2:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Well,I didn't like this product i liked the foam airy type cloud but it didnt get rid of any of the oil on my crisco looking face and seemed to leave an even shinyier film on it and it didnt clean completetly i still found traces of dirt on a cotton bacll when using my astringent and it didnt really seam to clear my breakouts

on 8/2/2003 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I did not like this product much. I used it a while and gave it a chance. However, it seemed to really dry out my skin and cause more breakouts. My face also did not feel very clean afterwards. I don't have another face cleanser in my bathroom right now so I'm debating whether to just use it a little bit longer or just use a regular bath bar to clean my face. I don't recommend this product.

on 7/27/2003 5:36:00 PM

Personally, I didn't really like that Fresh Foaming Neutrogena cleanser...I felt though it was a waste of my money because it didn't make a difference on my face, I don't really get pimples but I noticed that I started to get zits from it for some reason. I like the way it smells and the way it feels after I wash my face with it though..it has that whole "fresh feel" but it's not worth it's price. I've used so many different cleansers and all of them seemed to work except this one and that Clinique bar soap for the face.

UPDATED: June 2011. Cleans super well and leaves no makeup or film behind....a little too harsh and leaves my skin dry and flaky, itchy. Will not purchase again. For a drugstore product, i prefer Aveeno daily face wash to this.
_____________________________
Great product! Make-up remover and cleanser all in one! Cute little blue bottle with convenient pump. Good price (around $10 CDN) and overall does a great job - a little goes a long way. Only drawback (minor) - leaves a filmy/residue feeling. But it's easily removed with towel blotting afterwards.

Comparable to Shiseido Pureness Foaming cleanser. Although the Shiseido PFC is a little gentler, I'm ok with this Neutrogena product which costs a fraction of the price! Will buy again, and recommend highly.