April 16, 2014 | 1488 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Fresh Foaming Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2002 9:02:00 PM More reviews by clic

such such SUCH a great cleanser - for me, it gets satisfyingly foamy and really removes every speck of makeup. I use it twice daily, year-round, and have no dryness issues (I have combo skin). *so* recommended. ***ETA: oh noooo, I believe the formula of this cleanser has changed!!! my last two bottles have been much less effective and have left me with some terrible breakouts. I've since switched to Kiehl's Non-detergent Foaming Cleanser, and my skin is much, much happier.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2002 12:16:00 PM More reviews by sally2002

I initially liked how it cleaned my face (even though I always hated the smell), but it started giving me rough patches of dry skin. So into the trash can it goes, and back to good old fashioned Cetaphil as the search continues for my favorite cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2002 10:16:00 AM More reviews by SuzyCutie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

After peeking at a client's skin care stash,I decided to get this-my skin has done a real turn around from dry/slightly combination to major oil slick in the t-zone.I really feel as though my skin is clean after using this,and it doesn't irritate me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2002 2:47:00 PM More reviews by candyland

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this cleanser more than many other expensive ones I've tried. It takes off all my make-up, oil, and dirt without drying out my skin at all. I take one point off since it irritates my eyes a bit. Otherwise, a great buy for those with oily/combination skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/22/2002 9:21:00 PM More reviews by undine24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Bla. I wanted to like this product, since it smelled nice and seemed to have a good combo skin-cleanser consistency (creamy but foamy), but I give up. I break out regularly when I use it, and my skin feels dry and tight unless I apply moisturizer immediately afterwards.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/18/2002 6:29:00 PM More reviews by Kelli

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This did remove my makeup, but it was super-drying! I would not use this again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2002 10:04:00 PM More reviews by abbykariya

actually this product isn't all bad...at first i used it...and my skin dried out...and now i've tried it again it works really well! what is up with that? my skin is soo strange!! but it isn't too bad...i use it to remove my makeup after school...it's not bad

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2002 8:14:00 AM More reviews by Pam1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is one of my all time favorate cleansers. I have been using it for about five years. And no matter what else I try; I always come back to it! I love the scent and the light foamy feel of this cleanser. It easily removes all traces of makeup and leaves my skin feeling clean and fresh. Some reviewers noted that this cleanser was drying for them, and this is not the case for me...but my skin leans toward the oily side of combo. You only need a small amout of this product to wash your face, so a bottle lasts forever!!! I would highly recommend for people with combo-oily skin.
Edited: this is slightly drying to my new routine with Retin-a/avita...but I am sure that it will be just fine for summer months (and I have sucessfully used this while on retin-a in the past)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2002 12:28:00 AM More reviews by AquaEyes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this cleanser. It's gentle, yet it leaves my face make-up free and clean. I'd buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2002 9:56:00 PM More reviews by Danidama

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I seriously think this is the best cleanser i've ever used.
I've tried so many! Using this at night and the N. Extra Gentle cleanser in the mornings has worked perfectly for me. I have combination skin, and after reading these reviews, i think this cleanser must be perfect for combo and oily skin types. I haven't found it to be drying, like some mentioned, but i think that's because i use the alcohol-free toner right after washing, so i balance myself out! lol
Also, i usually have at least one spot going on somewhere on my face, and after using this for a week, i can honestly say that my face is completely clear! I still can't believe it(no jinx please!). All i have are some regular marks from spots a couple weeks ago. :)
One of my favorite things about this face wash is that you only need less than half a pump of the bottle to cleanse your face. It's Great! And so is the price. I highly recommend this and i know i'll be buying it for a long time.