Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser

3.7

Water Purified, Glycerin, Lauryl Glucoside, Decyl Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide DEA, Glycereth 7, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Cocoyl Sarcosinate, Glycol Stearate, PEG 120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Citric Acid, Fragrance

on 7/27/2003 5:36:00 PM

Personally, I didn't really like that Fresh Foaming Neutrogena cleanser...I felt though it was a waste of my money because it didn't make a difference on my face, I don't really get pimples but I noticed that I started to get zits from it for some reason. I like the way it smells and the way it feels after I wash my face with it though..it has that whole "fresh feel" but it's not worth it's price. I've used so many different cleansers and all of them seemed to work except this one and that Clinique bar soap for the face.

UPDATED: June 2011. Cleans super well and leaves no makeup or film behind....a little too harsh and leaves my skin dry and flaky, itchy. Will not purchase again. For a drugstore product, i prefer Aveeno daily face wash to this.
_____________________________
Great product! Make-up remover and cleanser all in one! Cute little blue bottle with convenient pump. Good price (around $10 CDN) and overall does a great job - a little goes a long way. Only drawback (minor) - leaves a filmy/residue feeling. But it's easily removed with towel blotting afterwards.

Comparable to Shiseido Pureness Foaming cleanser. Although the Shiseido PFC is a little gentler, I'm ok with this Neutrogena product which costs a fraction of the price! Will buy again, and recommend highly.

on 7/18/2003 2:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This cleanser removes makeup great, including all traces of eye makeup - which I found amazing! Use this one and you won't need an additional eye makeup remover. The downside is it has a bit too much detergent in it for my super sensitive skin, and it tends to be a bit drying. It's so convenient having the eyemakeup remover there - that I've come back to this product again and again. I will probably buy it again at some point, unless I find a more gentle cleanser w/ eyemakeup remover included.

on 7/12/2003 5:18:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

at first i really did like this cleanser, it took all of my make up but it would dry out my face a little, but no worries right cuz my moisturizer can fix that. what really made me stop using this was the smell its not really frangranced but it smelled sooooooo chemically, everytime i washed my face i either wanted to gag or hold my breath,it would also leave the scent on my face, it was gross, if u dun mind the smell it's an okay cleanser

Great for taking off makeup!! All my eye make-up (liquid eyeliner, eyeshadow, mascara) came off in a breeze. The only downfall, I could only use it at night, since it contains a make-up remover.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

i thought this was a nice basic cleanser. it removes makeup really well, even mascara. also, it doesn't leave your skin feeling tight.

on 6/17/2003 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is a good very basic cleanser. I like it that it takes off my makeup, and leaves my face very clean. Nothing fancy here, but a very good basic cleanser.

on 6/16/2003 8:44:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I was really disappointed with this cleanser. It was expensive (compared to other drugtore brands) and left me with enlarged pores and blackheads around my nose. I gave it 2 lipsticks b/c it didn't cause any serious reactions and b/c the pump bottle is pretty.

on 6/15/2003 1:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i received a generous sample of this as part of my new Retin-A Micro prescription starter kit, and unfortunately, i'm with misspris26 on this one. i'm super oily and clogged pore-prone (with some acne), and yet this stuff completely parches my skin! so dry it hurts! tried it with cold and warm water on separate occasions to see if that would help, but no. oh well, too bad. it seemed like i could have been good...

on 5/28/2003 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

A basic non-medicated cleanser. It's like a foaming and less emollient version of Cetaphil. Gentle enough to use on and around the eye area - excellent at dissolving makeup. Many good points, but I stopped using this cleanser because of the scent - it reminded me of hair spray...had an underlying aerosol chemical smell. I haven't gone back to using this in a while, so I don't know if the scent is still the same - I hope not!