Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser

3.7

Water Purified, Glycerin, Lauryl Glucoside, Decyl Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide DEA, Glycereth 7, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Cocoyl Sarcosinate, Glycol Stearate, PEG 120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Citric Acid, Fragrance

I've been using this product at night everyday for about 2 years now. It thoroughly removes all my eye makeup w/o having to scrub better than any other cleanser I;ve tried and never leaves my skin too dry or feeling not cleansed well. Definitely recommend as an effective makeup remover wash - but I do not use it in the a.m. on basically clean skin, instead I use a mild soap.

on 8/6/2003 9:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I usually like Neutrogena products, but this cleanser did not do anything for me. It didn't clean my face completely... just left a slimy residue. And I don't know if I got a defective bottle, but it smells awful (like a wet towel that's been left out in the heat). I asked my husband to try it to double-check and he agreed with me. I do not recommend this product.

on 8/5/2003 2:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Well,I didn't like this product i liked the foam airy type cloud but it didnt get rid of any of the oil on my crisco looking face and seemed to leave an even shinyier film on it and it didnt clean completetly i still found traces of dirt on a cotton bacll when using my astringent and it didnt really seam to clear my breakouts

on 8/2/2003 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I did not like this product much. I used it a while and gave it a chance. However, it seemed to really dry out my skin and cause more breakouts. My face also did not feel very clean afterwards. I don't have another face cleanser in my bathroom right now so I'm debating whether to just use it a little bit longer or just use a regular bath bar to clean my face. I don't recommend this product.

on 7/27/2003 5:36:00 PM

Personally, I didn't really like that Fresh Foaming Neutrogena cleanser...I felt though it was a waste of my money because it didn't make a difference on my face, I don't really get pimples but I noticed that I started to get zits from it for some reason. I like the way it smells and the way it feels after I wash my face with it though..it has that whole "fresh feel" but it's not worth it's price. I've used so many different cleansers and all of them seemed to work except this one and that Clinique bar soap for the face.

UPDATED: June 2011. Cleans super well and leaves no makeup or film behind....a little too harsh and leaves my skin dry and flaky, itchy. Will not purchase again. For a drugstore product, i prefer Aveeno daily face wash to this.
_____________________________
Great product! Make-up remover and cleanser all in one! Cute little blue bottle with convenient pump. Good price (around $10 CDN) and overall does a great job - a little goes a long way. Only drawback (minor) - leaves a filmy/residue feeling. But it's easily removed with towel blotting afterwards.

Comparable to Shiseido Pureness Foaming cleanser. Although the Shiseido PFC is a little gentler, I'm ok with this Neutrogena product which costs a fraction of the price! Will buy again, and recommend highly.

on 7/18/2003 2:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This cleanser removes makeup great, including all traces of eye makeup - which I found amazing! Use this one and you won't need an additional eye makeup remover. The downside is it has a bit too much detergent in it for my super sensitive skin, and it tends to be a bit drying. It's so convenient having the eyemakeup remover there - that I've come back to this product again and again. I will probably buy it again at some point, unless I find a more gentle cleanser w/ eyemakeup remover included.

on 7/12/2003 5:18:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

at first i really did like this cleanser, it took all of my make up but it would dry out my face a little, but no worries right cuz my moisturizer can fix that. what really made me stop using this was the smell its not really frangranced but it smelled sooooooo chemically, everytime i washed my face i either wanted to gag or hold my breath,it would also leave the scent on my face, it was gross, if u dun mind the smell it's an okay cleanser

Great for taking off makeup!! All my eye make-up (liquid eyeliner, eyeshadow, mascara) came off in a breeze. The only downfall, I could only use it at night, since it contains a make-up remover.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

i thought this was a nice basic cleanser. it removes makeup really well, even mascara. also, it doesn't leave your skin feeling tight.