September 17, 2014 | 2002 users online

Scrubs - Dermalogica - Daily Microfoliant

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2003 9:55:00 PM More reviews by AnnaMaria

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I'm sad to report that I was very disappointed in this product. I had been lemming it for a while when I ordered it so I was looking forward to using it. First, I don't find the granules to be exfoliating at all no matter how little or how much water I add. Second, something in this product really irritates my skin. Each time I've tried using it, my skin has ended up burning and extremely sensitive (no matter how gently I use it). I didn't want to think the Dermalogica could be the culprit, but I just gave it one final try tonight, and once again my skin is on fire. A lot of people love this product, but unfortunately it does not work for me so I am forsaking it for good.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2003 11:16:00 AM More reviews by AztecAnnie

I received this as an award from a contest and never thought I would look forward to spending $40 for 2.6 oz of a scrub, but 8 months later I still have about a third of the container so therefore I know it is a great value. A little bit goes a long way. I have finnicky skin that is sensitive and acne prone so this scrub is excellent. Since I have been using it I have noticed less breakouts on my cheeks and the ruddiness of my complexion is much more controlable and less noticeable. After using gel or cream based scrubs for years I was so glad to find this gentle and effective facial scrub.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2003 3:19:00 AM More reviews by yunity

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Hmmm, what's the big deal about this? It's supposed to exfoliate and brighten up your face I, but it didn't do either thing that brilliantly for me. I don't really like the extra step of having to make the powder into a paste--I know, I know, it's not a hard task, but still, I found it...slightly inconvenient. Plus it's just too mild to exfoliate anything, I wish it contained grittier granules, and a lot more of them. As for brightening, I didn't notice anything after one session, and that's enough for me to make a decision--Pola's 1/f face wash brightens after one use, so I can't settle for less than that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2003 5:09:00 PM More reviews by Maxie

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wow, an exfoliator I can use! Super gentle product, I'm so happy. This comes in a plastic bottle, with a shaker top (holes in side top of container). You shake out some dry powder onto wet hands, rub a bit, and apply to clean face. Massage on, leave on and your face is left soft, and not at all irritated. Yeah! The shaker top could use improvement--the holes release too much product in one shake. Those with thicker skin might desire a scrub with more omph, but if you are sensitive, a must have.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2003 12:53:00 AM More reviews by ghoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE LOVE this product!!! This leaves my skin soooo incredibly soft and supple and radiant, even more so than the Fresh Rice. I like the packaging a lot more, and how so little goes such a long way. I use this daily, and am sure with how gentle it is, I could use it twice a day if needed. Has been a staple in my routine from day one.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2003 10:37:00 PM More reviews by gapshop

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is great! I have combo, sensitive skin and this product has been great for me for the last year. I has been a great exfoliator for me since most other ones are too harsh.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2003 11:07:00 PM More reviews by face_case

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

GAWD!! I love there stuff, this is so cool, a powder that you mix with water in your hand to exfoliate and brighten the skin, plus it is to be used every day, so no more build up on my face. Really does brightne my complexion and help keep any blemishes at bay

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2003 2:13:00 AM More reviews by VonLeuschner

As my beauty therapist told me, this product really polishes the skin rather than exfoliate. I use it every second night as I find every day use to be too harsh for my sensitive skin. After using it my skin feels clean, it's smooth and it glows! It basically does what it says it does. Who could ask for more?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2003 7:46:00 PM More reviews by sarahlittlecutie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

First of all i knockedthe 1 lipstick off because it is soooo expensive.
On to the review-I really like the fact that thisis very gentle, you hardly need to use any and i use it every other day and i think this will last quite a while if you are careful.
My skin is normal but i have occasional dry-ness around my eyes and nose when its really cold, this has been gently ridding my face of flakies and i now have more of a glow. You have to get used to the consistency and texture of this scrub as its very different to a normal scrub.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2003 6:26:00 PM More reviews by eurydice1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Hmm. Recieved this about a week ago and I definitely have mixed feelings. On one hand, my face feels very very clean after I use it and definitely has a little more glow to it than usual. On the other hand, it's very pricy, potentially messy and the container will probably be used up rather quickly if i do use it daily as the name suggests. I'd recommend getting a sample of this before you buy it - I'm sort of regretting my purchase :(