October 25, 2014 | 1880 users online

Lotions/ Creams - EXTRA VIRGIN Coconut Oil (All brands)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2009 1:40:00 PM More reviews by sephoraqueen

Coconut oil is the ONLY thing that will keep my skin pimple free. I haven't been using coconut oil for about a 4 months now, and my face is a testament. I'm going to go buy some today, that way I can have my beautiful crystal clear complexion back. Also, it works wonders for hair, nails and skin too. Plus, you smell SO good.
Also, its one of the best oils you can consume as well. This stuff is amazing!! Way better than olive oil.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2009 12:47:00 PM More reviews by babygirl218

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

(02/16/09)

i love love loveee extra virgin coconut oil. i get mine from the philippines, it's made the original way from fresh coconuts and have been hand made:) thanks to some of my family members that actually know how to that. this stuff is awesome.

for all you people that use hair masks once a week you should try this, it helps prevent split ends, trust me i've tried it and my hair is weak which means it's prone to split ends and breaking and my hair is also fine/thin. seriously this will make your hair shiny, soft, and stronger:) this is said to help dandruff, helps regrowth of dry and damaged hair, helps take away lice and lice eggs(friggin awesome right!) lol. what i do is before washing my hair i put coconut oil into my hair and scalp and leave it in there for as long as a want ranging form 15 in to 8 hours and then i wash it out with shampoo and conditioner. my hair was SOOOOOOOOO SOFT after this and it felt SOOO MUCH STRONGER. seriously try this.

i've also tried it as a skin moisterizer recently. okay my skin is sensitive and i have a light blush on my cheeks, my skin also changes with the weather so if it's winter my skin pretty much as dry as the sahara desert and when it's summer my skin is suuuupperr oily. but anyways, i had a pimple on my face yesterday right on the forhead after i washed my face i wasn't thinking about putting coconut oil on my face but alot of people from the philipines do and my gosh their face is sooo clear and they barly get pimples, so i put coconut oil instead of my regular moisterizer, using the coconut oil it actually took away that pimple in one day, it help my dry patches form winter wind and took that pimple right off! i'm loving this so far:)

Coconut oil is excellent massage oil for the skin as well. It acts as an effective moisturizer on all types of skins including dry skin. The benefit of coconut oil on the skin is comparable to that of mineral oil. Further, unlike mineral oil, there is no chance of having any adverse side effects on the skin with the application of coconut oil. Coconut oil therefore is a safe solution for preventing dryness and flaking of skin. It also delays wrinkles(yay!:)), and sagging of skin which normally become prominent with age. Coconut oil also helps in treating various skin problems including psoriasis, dermatitis, eczema and other skin infections. Therefore coconut oil forms the basic ingredient of various body care products such as soaps, lotions, creams, etc., used for skin care.

once i run out of it though i will be askin my family to send me more but since shipping takes FOREVER i will be buying this at my local vitamin shoppe:)

i will start doing for my skin everyday and for hair once a week and i'll post an update in about a few weeks:)

(2/26/09)
wow i've been using this stuff for more then two weeks.. omg i have DEFiNETLY seen a difference in my face:) it's much clearer, i still get pimples though which is okay because this stuff is suppose to do that (it works deep in your skin to get the pimples out so they don't come back again) seriously though, this thing made my face sooooo SOFT:) before trying this i had REALLy REALLy dry skin due to this acne medication my doctor prescribe me with (bad bad choice) it chemicaly dried out my skin and i had like rough patches that you couldn't see but can DEFiNETLY feel it was just gross:(

coconut oil helped alot:) what i do is, i wash my face in the morning with neutrogena fresh foaming cleanser(omg this stuff is soo good i love it) then i put some coconut oil and just let it sink into my skin. yesss this does sink in so you don't look like you have an oily face the whole day. i love it and will continue on using it..

if you guys have any Q's feel free to send me a msg i'll be happy to answer any question you might have.

UPDATE 02.06.10
Wow it's been a year since i've tried this?? damn. well i'm BACK! and
the dry patches are DiFNETLY gone! but i stopped using this idk know why tho. anyways i used it today on my hair and my gosh.. SO SOFT. i don't even know why i stopped...well i think i'm going to start applying this on my skin again. I'm trying to get some whiteheads out so i shall be updating in a month or a week depends if i like it or not or if it works.. i might even post some pix on the progess.

14 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2009 9:03:00 AM More reviews by SugarAz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Fabulous! It's everything you need in one jar!
I like to melt it by setting it next to my heater while im filling up the bath, slop a whole load on my hair and let the steam from the bath do the work while I relax! Then just wash out for lovely shiny soft hair. (swear it makes it grow faster too).
Fantastic for dry skin also, soaks in really quickly.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2009 3:00:00 AM More reviews by klyde

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using this before swimming to protect my hair. I lean my head upside down, put handfuls of this semi-solid oil on, twist up my hair, and put a cap on. It's been working great and is not hard to wash out. Great stuff! I thought my hair was wrecked, like chemically changed, before I tried this. Now my hair feels and looks great again. (Love the packaging because glass is easy to recycle or breaks down if thrown away.) Also started using Aubrey's Swimmer's shampoo and conditioner and they are gentle yet wash this oil out and leave my hair soft.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2009 10:13:00 AM More reviews by efrey14

AMAZING hair conditioner. It comes in solid form so you have to leave it out in your cupboard and warm it in hands to make it into it's oil form. I leave mine in overnight for deep conditioning and sometimes only put it in 10 minutes before my shower. LOVE how much it conditions without chemicals. I have easy-to-break hair and this has pretty much transformed my hair into soft and shiny locks. Don't waste money on Bumble and Bumble coconut mask (very expensive) when you can buy a HUGE tub of this on vitacost for around $5 plus shipping. Will always have on hand. No more conditioners (except maybe In-Depth from Sally's by Wella) for me!

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2009 7:48:00 PM More reviews by OutOfLine

Amazing! I bought mine in the Dominican Republic from a local when visiting a beautiful island. I've had it for a year and a half and still have some left! Because your relly do need just a little.
I use this as a body moisturizer after I get out of the shower.... or an hour before i take a shower i put it into my hair and then wash it out.
It happens to smel amazing!
Super cheap alternative to body moisturizers/cream.... its also great because you know its good for your skin considering its all pure and from mother nature herself =]]
Before I get into the shower I fill up my sink with hot water and let the bottle sit in it..... so it can melt.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2009 9:34:00 AM More reviews by makeba

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

coconut oil is one of the best natural oil products out there. i have been using the oil cleansing method to cleanse off my makeup and its been a pretty good method for my combination skin type. the only thing i do afterwards is rinse off using African Black soap to make sure i have all the oil off and out of my pores!! Natures products are awesome. i have found grapeseed oil to be a GOD send also!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2009 11:29:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have oily skin so I would never use this on my face, but on my hair it's great. I bought a vat of it at Walmart for $9.98 which is not expensive considering the money I've blown on other hair treatments. Plus I can use this for cooking. I have butt-length hair that gets dry and frizzy, and this stuff is a god-send. I slather it into my hair and clamp it up for a while then take a shower and wash it out. Et voila: dream hair! Or sometime I just dab a little in my hands an run it through to leave in. Never would have tried it if it wasn't for MUA.

EDIT: I WOULD use this on my face, and I have, as a cleanser. I take a dallop and massage it into my skin for a couple of minutes, then take dry wash cloth and rub it off. You would not believe all the dirt it take out of your skin, disolving blackheads, etc. After I wipe it off, I wash the oily residue with my regular cleanser. AWESOME. And cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2009 10:40:00 PM More reviews by bjspa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow, I never realized there were so many other coconut oil fans out there! I got onto it after using the Pure Fiji range (they use coconut oil in many of their products) when I was honeymooning in Fiji. So I thought, "Forget all the cosmetic hoopla, why not go to the source?!"

I am a HUGE fan of this oil for moisturizing my body. In the past I would slather on a lotion and then look at my legs a few hours later only to find they looked dry. This isn't the case with coconut oil. My skin is smooth and supple all day long.

I live in Sydney, Australia and it's summer now and humid at times. I tend to use the oil after a morning shower and then put on shorts and a t-shirt, but if I'm going straight out and getting dressed 'properly' I have to hold off on the oil as it's a little slick when it's so hot. But then I just put it on at night.

I also buy the organic extra virgin version, it's about $12 for a 500g tub, which is much cheaper that other moisturizers that don't such a great job.

Plus, someone once said to me, "Imagine your skin is a thousand little mouths, would you eat the creams you put on your body?" Coconut oil makes me feel better about not putting toxic products on me.

I noticed under the sugar post that some people mix sugar with coconut oil and it makes a great face and body scrub - that's my next experiment.

I've now started to use it in my hair after reading other posts and I might give the teeth whitening a go also. Thanks to all for contributing and expanding my coconut oil obsession!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2009 2:36:00 AM More reviews by andrearachell

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Fantastic skin moisturizer.
i use the organic virgin oil (easy to find in health food stores)
makes skin soft and not greasy.