September 22, 2014 | 1253 users online

Styling Products - TRESemme - Instant Heat Tamer Spray

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2008 7:48:00 PM More reviews by Definitelygorgeous

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

First thing first, this product is definitely not made for those have thick, curly hair.

My friend has a lovely mob of thick curly locks, and she used some of this product in her hair prior straightening. And trust me, the rests are scary!! It just killed her hair and it was sizzling like mad. (And it really didn't help much in protecting nor starightening)

However, I have thin, straight hair and when I used this in my hair before I used a curling iron, it made my hair so soft! I could really tell that this product was protecting my hair from the heat!

I'd definitely buy this again! But I will only recommend this product to people with thin, straight hair!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2008 9:43:00 PM More reviews by heathernicole27

I picked this up on a whim. I was looking for a good heat protecting spray and this was pretty cheap so I grabbed it. I blowed out my hair and used my flat iron and I was very impressed with the results! Usually my hair looks puffy even after flat ironing it, but it was smooth and shiny and soft! I will definitely keep on using this!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/14/2008 8:39:00 PM More reviews by chippergal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

My first experience with this brand and it was not a good one. Used this one time on my already straight hair to protect it from the flat iron that I use to "polish" my look and give some curl to the ends. My hair became totally limp and straw like and my ends would not "take" to the flat-iron, they wouldn't curl under, nor completely straighten out. It was like my hair was immune to the heat of the flat-iron, but not in a good "it's protected way" but in a "there's no chance in hell my hair is going to cooperate with any styling tool I use" way. Tossed after one use (and I hold on to stuff forever, even stuff that I hardly use).

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2008 1:05:00 AM More reviews by emily0628

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really liked this product as it made my hair smooth and shiny. I use it on my wet hair and it cuts my flat ironing time in half. i would highly recomend this if youre looking for something cheap and that totally works! And the smell is awesome.

I stopped using this for awhile and brought it back out and oh my goodness, what a difference i saw my hair was so smooth and soft and it looked healthy. I even went out and bought a new one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2008 4:15:00 PM More reviews by mylychee

Can't really tell if this helps with the heat protecting or not. But it does not smell bad nor make my hair gross and nasty. It actually feels light and clean. Then again, I don't use half the bottle everytime. I give it a light mist all over and blow dry. It seems ok but can't tell if it really works or not.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2008 1:55:00 PM More reviews by nance8979

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product left my freshly washed hair feeling dirty and gross. I'm not sure if it did it's job of protecting my hair from heat damage because my hair felt so gross. Would NOT buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2008 6:20:00 PM More reviews by ajax5455

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I used this for the first time today on my fine, straigh hair. I usually let it air-dry for a while, then use the hair dryer to style it. While better for my hair, air-drying does let it frizz up a bit, even after finishing it up with the hair dryer. With the Instant Heat Tamer Spray, my hair came out silky, smooth and healthy-looking. There is nothing that works for everyone, but this product is a keeper for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2008 6:01:00 PM More reviews by ben228

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I keep stopping using this and then coming back to it. It does protect my hair. I liberally spray on towel dried hair before blowdrying and then spray very lightly on dry hair before flat ironing. It does make my hair look smooth BUT it tends to make it a tad bit stiff and sticky and makes my ends feel really coarse (even today after getting a good half inch trim they still feel coarse after using this). But it is okay. what can you expect for like 4 bucks?

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2008 9:11:00 AM More reviews by Popcornshrimp

It makes hair pretty soft but nothing spectacular. The scent is really nice too. It says to apply when hair is damp before blow drying, and then before straightening. It takes too long to dry on dry hair though, so I've been just using it before I blow dry. It seems that it makes my hair more oily throughout the day (which I have kinda dry hair), so definitely don't apply near the roots. I do feel that it helps a bit with using so many heating products. My hair looks less fried, but not the miracle that I've been searching for.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2008 3:50:00 PM More reviews by calikitten118

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

truly impressed with this spray. i went looking for the Alberto Vo5 heat spray but couldn't find it anywhere so i picked this up instead. I blow dry my hair 3 times a week and straighten in every day so my ends were getting destroyed. i felt the need to use more and more of my John Frieda Sheer Blonde dream cream every time just to stop the ends from looking frizzy. I used this spray this morning and my hair feels soft and silky, with no frizzy ends, and i haven't even used my beloved dream cream yet! Even my boyfriend noticed it felt super soft. It's not a miracle product, but it's doing a great job so far! the spray is a bit awkward (not the mist, i love the mist, just the shape of the spray in my hand) but it was super cheap, smells good, and makes my hair feel super soft and protected. it says you can spray it on dry hair before you straighten it, and i haven't tried that yet... i'm a little nervous to, i don't want it to look greasy or fry my hair from straightening it when it's damp from product. i'm sure i'll try it eventually. highly recommended!