November 23, 2014 | 2121 users online

Styling Products - TRESemme - Instant Heat Tamer Spray

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2008 5:00:00 PM More reviews by oliviaxgrace

I like this product. I got it for about $3 at Target.
I have straight hair but I flat iron it to de flat it & make the ends straight because it flips out.
I spray it on & brush it through and before I straighten it. I think it does a really good job. My hair feels super super soft afterwards. I'm almost running out so I'm defintaly going to get more soon. Great product !!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/16/2008 12:55:00 PM More reviews by BrittJ

Bleh product. Here's what it did for me: Protected my hair from heat damage? Maybe, but no way to tell for certain. Softenened and 'de-poufed' my hair? Somewhat. Protected against flyaways? Nope. Added glossiness and shine? NOT AT ALL. Used it one time, and it nowhere compared to Paul Mitchel Heat Seal which I've been using for years. After blowdrying, with the PM Heat Seal, plus a bit of KMS Silker serum, I've been used to seeing considerable shine and glossiness, even before flat ironing. The TREsemme Heat Tamer (even with the KMS Silker) left my hair looking quite dull, not nearly as smooth, and with almost no shine before flat ironing. After flat ironing, it did look smoother, but still fairly lacking in shine, and not as glossy to the touch as with the Paul Mitchell Product. Also, what's with the instructions on the Heat Tamer to "Use on dry hair before flat ironing."??? The main (first) ingredient in this product is WATER, and, from what I've learned, you should never use a flat iron on wet or damp hair or it will fry the hair and damage the cuticle. Gave it an extra point for the nice spray nozzle and also the inexpensive price that makes it easier to toss after one use!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2008 10:00:00 PM More reviews by benefit33

I really love this product and use it every single day before I straighten/curl/blowdry or whatever I decide to do to my hair. It smells pretty good and I like how it is a mist. I know that a lot of other hair protectors can be oily or this so I really like this one. I also like how it comes with a kind of "stopper" type thing, which makes this product easy to travel with.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2008 8:43:00 PM More reviews by cosmic007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This spray works well, considering the price. It's great at protecting my hair from the daily damage of the straightening iron, and worked far better than the Matrix Sleek Look product that I paid quadruple for! I brush my hair in the morning and spray on evenly all over. Once it's dry, I use my straightening iron, and my hair looks healthy and sleek. Would buy again!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2008 3:09:00 PM More reviews by xjennlee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I like this product. I use it right before I blow-dry my hair and again before I straighten it. I think it does its job pretty well and my hair feels alot more softer than before. What I didn't like is the plastic handle... It's pretty weak, but isn't too much of a problem. It's cheap and works for my hair.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2008 5:57:00 PM More reviews by LilacShine9

I have naturally straight hair, but flat iron ocassionally to give hair more style at the ends. I blow-dryed my medium textured hair as usual and looked great until I used the heat tamer spray. I sprayed a small amount very lightly and it made hair almost damp. My usually bouncy hair was left very flat and some pieces were going a different direction. I'd never had that happen until using this product. It may protect hair from the heat, but it makes your style wrong. So not good. I will try something else.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2008 7:48:00 PM More reviews by Definitelygorgeous

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

First thing first, this product is definitely not made for those have thick, curly hair.

My friend has a lovely mob of thick curly locks, and she used some of this product in her hair prior straightening. And trust me, the rests are scary!! It just killed her hair and it was sizzling like mad. (And it really didn't help much in protecting nor starightening)

However, I have thin, straight hair and when I used this in my hair before I used a curling iron, it made my hair so soft! I could really tell that this product was protecting my hair from the heat!

I'd definitely buy this again! But I will only recommend this product to people with thin, straight hair!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2008 9:43:00 PM More reviews by heathernicole27

I picked this up on a whim. I was looking for a good heat protecting spray and this was pretty cheap so I grabbed it. I blowed out my hair and used my flat iron and I was very impressed with the results! Usually my hair looks puffy even after flat ironing it, but it was smooth and shiny and soft! I will definitely keep on using this!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/14/2008 8:39:00 PM More reviews by chippergal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

My first experience with this brand and it was not a good one. Used this one time on my already straight hair to protect it from the flat iron that I use to "polish" my look and give some curl to the ends. My hair became totally limp and straw like and my ends would not "take" to the flat-iron, they wouldn't curl under, nor completely straighten out. It was like my hair was immune to the heat of the flat-iron, but not in a good "it's protected way" but in a "there's no chance in hell my hair is going to cooperate with any styling tool I use" way. Tossed after one use (and I hold on to stuff forever, even stuff that I hardly use).

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2008 1:05:00 AM More reviews by emily0628

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really liked this product as it made my hair smooth and shiny. I use it on my wet hair and it cuts my flat ironing time in half. i would highly recomend this if youre looking for something cheap and that totally works! And the smell is awesome.

I stopped using this for awhile and brought it back out and oh my goodness, what a difference i saw my hair was so smooth and soft and it looked healthy. I even went out and bought a new one.