Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat (Radiant Touch)

3.7

AQUA (WATER) . CYCLOMETHICONE . GLYCERIN . TALC . PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM (MINERAL OIL) . PEG/ PPG-18/18 DIMETHICONE . MAGNESIUM SULFATE . TRIDECETH-3 . METHICONE . METHYLPARABEN . SQUALANE . [ /- MAY CONTAIN : CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE) . CI 77019 (MICA) . CI 77492 (IRON OXIDE) . CI 77491 (IRON OXIDE) . CI 77499 (IRON OXIDE) . CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES) . CI 77510 (FERRIC FERROCYANIDE) . CI 77742 (MANGANESE VIOLET) . CI 75470 (CARMINE) . “NF8897” .

on 1/12/2004 10:42:00 AM

I thought for SURE this would be one of those all-hype unsatisfying products, but I decided to break down and try it anyhow once I saw #3, a nice peach shade.

It's definitely not a concealer and truthfully, when I put it on at my vanity, I can't see that it's done anything. But in other lighting (day, office, etc.) my eyes somehow look wider and more awake and the skin around them looks absolutely radiant and smooth. As a thirty-six-year-old insomniac writer, my eyes need it! I dot and brush it on the darkest part of the undereye circle, and on the inner corners of the lid as well... voila... beautiful eyes!

This is especially nice for people who hate eyeshadow (like me) but like something there to smooth out the eyelid color. The #3 shade is also perfect for people who (like me) can't wear pastel pink or glittery colors, which is what most highlighters come in.

on 1/11/2004 1:38:00 PM

This just wasn't that good - at least for me. I bought it and like someone already said got the lightest shade (i have really pale skin) and it was just blah. I noticed hardly any difference and after a while, it started to smell really soily even though I kept it totally shut. Revlon make a similar but much better product and Mac does the best range of concealers for me anyhoo!
Actually, I now swear by Dior skinlight which is THE best ever!

I have dark eye rngs and have always been searching for the perfect concealer to cover up.

Guess what? I purchased my 1st tube a couple of days, have used it twice and am pretty pleased with the results. it doesn't cake if you prim yr undereyes with eye creme prior usage, and does radiance it a fair bit. :)

on 1/5/2004 9:27:00 AM

It's ok, but certainly doesn't live up to the hype. Basically a light concealer/highlighter that in an automatic pen/brush. You click the pen to bring the lotion to the brush. Not an effective under-eye concealer for me, and a bit streaky as a highlighter. Doesn't last well, fades fairly quickly. Don't know what are the raves are for. Still looking for an HG concealer/highlighter. This is not it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Cool

I don't wear much makeup except a little eyeshadow here and there. So I'm not an expert on whats the best makeup brands out there but I've heard a lot of YSL Touche Eclate and I had to try it out. I think it's great! It doesn't feel heavy, very smooth finish. Covers my blemishes well, not perfect but still well. I have VERY dark circles under my eye, doesn't cover those as much as I want, but good enough. But overall, thumbs up on this product.

on 1/2/2004 4:48:00 PM

Ok, I don't really understand what everyone's raving about. It works no better than all the other ones I've tried, sure it looks great but my fave is still Lancomes.

on 12/12/2003 1:51:00 AM

A-maz-ing! I'v been using Touche Eclat for about 7 years now, i can't live without it! for everyone out there it is NOT a concealor! It's too sheer to "cover" imperfections, It simply deflects the light away from areas of your face. I use this under my eyes OVER concealor and it makes a hugee difference! it brightens up my whole face and looks great. It's reallly expensive but i use this every single day and one pen will last me for about 5 months! The only complain i do have about it, you have no idea when your running low on it, so that kinda sucks. It's definatly my HG!!

on 12/6/2003 7:39:00 PM

If you're over 30, just bite the bullet and start buying this as an inevitable and natural part of being a 'grown-up'. Yes, it's pathetic at covering up scrofulous pustules on your face (but then remember this product is light-reflecting - do you really want to beam all available light from the monthly carbuncle on your chin?), and yes, I agree with previous reviewers, you do get a niggardly amount that runs out without the slightest warning, BUT and it's a huge BUT, this is the only product that conceals those under-ocular dark ovoids that are the by-poduct of having an interesting life. Of course, you could economise and simply avoid under-eye shadows by going to bed early and eschewing the finer things in life, but you're going to die one day anyway, so you might as well live a little, and this is the product that will allow you to do so and remain looking half-decent. Like tampons, contact lenses, the pill and underwires - one of the great inventions of the 20th century.

on 12/3/2003 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

although it is VERY expensive, this is MAGIC, its not thick or gloppy, and diffuses light over imperfections, and looks wonderful under my eyes and covers my horribly dark undereye circles! the pen packaging is also very cute too, love it!

on 11/29/2003 2:26:00 AM

I've been using this on and off for a few years and am in the middle of my 2nd tube. My 1st tube was the wrong color. Previously I bought #1, which was too pink and light for my NC30 skin. The sheer coverage means that u might not really see much of an effect in the mirror, but I went on vaction, developed the pics and almost died. I looked like I'd stuck headlights under my eyes. Now I use regular concealer for regular days, and whip Touche Eclat (#3, which is better for medium or yellow skintones) out when there might be a photo-op. It makes all the difference in the world and covers the dark corners of the eyes that regular concealer might not be able to hide on film. I know it's also meant to be a concealer, but for me, just about every other basic product and brand works as well or better in that regard, so I'll take a point off. It's 2nd-to-none on camera, but I have to live in real-life too.

Popular Primer/ Correctors