Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat (Radiant Touch)

3.7

AQUA (WATER) . CYCLOMETHICONE . GLYCERIN . TALC . PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM (MINERAL OIL) . PEG/ PPG-18/18 DIMETHICONE . MAGNESIUM SULFATE . TRIDECETH-3 . METHICONE . METHYLPARABEN . SQUALANE . [ /- MAY CONTAIN : CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE) . CI 77019 (MICA) . CI 77492 (IRON OXIDE) . CI 77491 (IRON OXIDE) . CI 77499 (IRON OXIDE) . CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES) . CI 77510 (FERRIC FERROCYANIDE) . CI 77742 (MANGANESE VIOLET) . CI 75470 (CARMINE) . “NF8897” .

on 1/20/2004 3:15:00 PM

Ok I know its a heavty price tag (£21) but once you try it you will be hooked. I have tried other variations like the body shop and even No 7( which is actually pretty good for £7 - i use it at work as its not as thick as a regular concealor which i hate) but this is the creme de la creme. I do use this not just around the eyes but under the nose where I get red from blowing my nose due to the air con at work (nice look - not!) and on some of my blemish scars, but its mainly for the eye area. It goes on like a dream and it looks great in your make up bag. This is one product I wouldn't mind getting out of my bag to use in public!

I love this stuff! I use it on my nose-to-mouth creases, at the corners of my eyes and above my eyebrows. Can really see a difference in office (yuk!) lighting. Just wish it wasn't so expensive but will try to get on Ebay next time.

Update: I now prefer Dior Skinflash over this product. Dior is more pigmented, has a thicker consistency and I can use less.

on 1/15/2004 2:52:00 PM

I do not get the big deal with this stuff. Seems very much like the Revlon Illumination Wand in white to me which is far less money then this product. My product turned moldy and the packaging is annoying to say the least.

on 1/14/2004 5:36:00 AM

ok, Really annoying packaging, you click it...nothing...then too much! Grr.
the product itself is great for me, it lifts the eye area out of the dark and doesn't dry out the skin round my eyes.

on 1/12/2004 11:25:00 PM

I finally decided to buy this product after reading so many reviews abt how you guys rave about this (and its constantly featured on mags), i thought i wuld give it a try.

i was quite disappointed when i first used it. it seemed to dry out my under eye area (i have hereditary dark eye circles). So i left it at the corner of my make up drawer and switched back to using my Shiseido concealer which was creamy and did not dry my eye area. being bored, i took some touch eclat and dotted it over my shiseido concealer, then blended. and the result? IT WAS GREAT. it looked fresh and lasted all day!

i would contemplate buying this again, just for use over my shiseido concealer.

on 1/12/2004 10:42:00 AM

I thought for SURE this would be one of those all-hype unsatisfying products, but I decided to break down and try it anyhow once I saw #3, a nice peach shade.

It's definitely not a concealer and truthfully, when I put it on at my vanity, I can't see that it's done anything. But in other lighting (day, office, etc.) my eyes somehow look wider and more awake and the skin around them looks absolutely radiant and smooth. As a thirty-six-year-old insomniac writer, my eyes need it! I dot and brush it on the darkest part of the undereye circle, and on the inner corners of the lid as well... voila... beautiful eyes!

This is especially nice for people who hate eyeshadow (like me) but like something there to smooth out the eyelid color. The #3 shade is also perfect for people who (like me) can't wear pastel pink or glittery colors, which is what most highlighters come in.

on 1/11/2004 1:38:00 PM

This just wasn't that good - at least for me. I bought it and like someone already said got the lightest shade (i have really pale skin) and it was just blah. I noticed hardly any difference and after a while, it started to smell really soily even though I kept it totally shut. Revlon make a similar but much better product and Mac does the best range of concealers for me anyhoo!
Actually, I now swear by Dior skinlight which is THE best ever!

I have dark eye rngs and have always been searching for the perfect concealer to cover up.

Guess what? I purchased my 1st tube a couple of days, have used it twice and am pretty pleased with the results. it doesn't cake if you prim yr undereyes with eye creme prior usage, and does radiance it a fair bit. :)

on 1/5/2004 9:27:00 AM

It's ok, but certainly doesn't live up to the hype. Basically a light concealer/highlighter that in an automatic pen/brush. You click the pen to bring the lotion to the brush. Not an effective under-eye concealer for me, and a bit streaky as a highlighter. Doesn't last well, fades fairly quickly. Don't know what are the raves are for. Still looking for an HG concealer/highlighter. This is not it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Cool

I don't wear much makeup except a little eyeshadow here and there. So I'm not an expert on whats the best makeup brands out there but I've heard a lot of YSL Touche Eclate and I had to try it out. I think it's great! It doesn't feel heavy, very smooth finish. Covers my blemishes well, not perfect but still well. I have VERY dark circles under my eye, doesn't cover those as much as I want, but good enough. But overall, thumbs up on this product.