December 21, 2014 | 1821 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Neutrogena - Oil Free eye makeup remover

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2009 3:57:00 PM More reviews by obsessed12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a very nice quality eye make up remover.
I havent tried many make up removers, so there might be better ones for other people, but to me, this is an awesome product!
I can always trust and rely on neutrogena for anything that goes on my face!
This product just glides on your skin! NOT in like a gross, oily way, but like a smooth way! It removes it as soon as you wipe it off. It works great on water proof make up as well.
I gave a low score for packaging quality, but like who cares about packaging? This is just a make up remover! I'm big on like appearance, but this is seriously the last thing I care about on a product that works!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2009 3:04:00 AM More reviews by Aniger86

I decided to give this a go for two reasons:

1) I needed an oil free makeup remover that actually removes waterproof sunscreen! I have tried many oil free ones that claim to remove waterproof makeup but they never work so I decided to give this a go.

2) There was a discount on it.

Does this product works as advertised?
I have used this to remove waterproof sunscreen and I don't think it completely takes them off. I use it for the eye area for removing concealer and it works good, it removes eye makeup easily enough, but we must remember the concealer I use around my eyes are not waterproof.

Product Formulation:
I am very curious what the oil like liquid that is floating on the second half of the bottle is. This product is suppose to be oil free, but the liquid on the top half looks suspicuoiuly like oil, so I am realy curious what ingrediants go into making that oil like substance.

Comparisons with Lancome's & Clinique's makeup removers:
I didn't quite like the one from Lancome (I can't remember its exact name), but this product is no competition for Clinique's Take The Day off.

Overall satisfaction:
In the end, I did purchase another bottle after I was finished with the first one, but only did so because it was on sale. The first bottle I purchased was on 20% off, and the second one was on a bigger sale where what I paid for a bottle could buy 2 and 1/2 bottles. I might repurchase if I can get this item at a good sale price, otherwise, I think I probably would give it a pass.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2009 3:04:00 PM More reviews by kbogusz112

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my HG eye makeup remover. I've tried a couple of other ones, and they either ripped out a couple lashes when I tried to remove my makeup, or didn't remove it completely. This is really gentle, and manages to get all of my makeup off without irritating my eyes or contact lenses. I also never lose lashes when I use this. It does leave an oily film on the eyes after you remove your makeup, but all you have to do is splash a bit of water on it and it's gone. I will continue to repurchase, because it's the best eye makeup remover I've found.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2009 12:26:00 PM More reviews by minou

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is gentle for my sensitive eyes and good enough to remove any eye makeup. My HG.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2009 12:02:00 PM More reviews by g33kygirl

It's good makeup remover, but it leaves an oily residue that you have to wash off later. It didn't burn my eyes or anything but I just didn't like it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/23/2009 12:08:00 PM More reviews by elemere

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

While I usually love Neutrogena products, this one did not impress. Although it is gentle, and did remove foundation thoroughly, it did nothing to budge my mascara and eye makeup. After washing my entire face with One Step gentle cleanser, I looked in the mirror to see that I needed to wash again, and then finally put some of the cleanser on a washcloth and rub and rub and RUB. If you are indeed looking for one step makeup removal, in my experience, this might be TOO gentle to do any real makeup removal.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2009 11:53:00 AM More reviews by mrsfnulnu

This product does a good job removing my eye makeup, although as other people have observed it leaves an oily residue. The biggest problem for me, however, has been that every time I have used it I wake up the next morning to red, gunky eyes, almost like I have an eye infection. I must be allergic to something in it. I used it about three times, thinking it must have been a coincidence that my eyes were getting like that every time I used it, but sure enough there was a clear correlation. I have stopped using it altogether. Also, the packaging is not user-friendly. It should have a pump dispenser or something so you don't dump the whole bottle out on your cotton ball by accident. Will not buy again due to my obvious reaction to the ingredients.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2009 10:57:00 PM More reviews by 1enigma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've used 2 bottles already!
This is a great eye makeup remover. Good price. $8. Removes all the dirt very quickly without having to use a lot of the solution. Packaging is similar to those of other removers. I took one lippie off as it tends to get a bit greasy if you use a lot of the product. When that happens, I usually just wipe the excess off with a wet towel. Would def. buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/22/2009 10:14:00 PM More reviews by hayley842

My eyes are stinging, and I was sure to be gentle with the cotton ball. I'm not allergic to anything else, but somehow this product kills my eyes. It's also very oily and turns my eye area into a greasy, smudgy mess.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2009 11:25:00 AM More reviews by miki08

This eye make up remover is just as good as the much pricier ones like Clinique or Lancome. It takes eye make up -eye shadow, mascara, eye liner- fast. Looks oily, but doesn't feel that way. It's gentle and safe for contacts wearer like me. This is my HG for eye make up remover.