Neutrogena Oil Free eye makeup remover

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Benzyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride, Dipropylene Glycol, Poloxamer 182, Allantoin, Tripotassium EDTA, Benzalkonium Chloride, Glycerin, Cucumber Fruit Extract (Cucumis Sativus), Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate.

This makeup remover is comparable to Clinique's. I wear a fair amount of eye makeup (eye shadow, mascara, and eyeliner) and it removes every bit of it. My eyelids are already naturally oily, so all I buy is oil-free. This doesn't aggravate my contact lenses either, which is amazing. I pour a small amount on a cotton pad and pull it across my eye. When it gets to the area around my eye, I wipe it off completely. Everything comes off, and a small bottle lasts me for about 5 months.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Very gentle. Doesn't sting my eyes, and it removes waterproof mascara without a lot of hassle. I usually hold it to my eyes for 5-10 seconds before wiping and the remover would do the rest.

on 4/12/2009 3:21:00 AM

If you like Lancome's Bifacil then you will like this. It removes my mascara just as well. I hold the soaked cotton ball on my eyelashes for 5 seconds or so before wiping. The one drawback is it doesn't remove waterproof mascara at all.

Target has their own brand of this which is exactly the same and even cheaper at $4. Either one will do the trick.

I don't understand why they say oil free. Half of it is really oily but it does such a great job I don't mind. I just splash some water to remove it.

on 4/11/2009 5:12:00 PM

Compared to Lancome's Bi-Facil Double-Action Eye Makeup Remover, this works almost as well at removing makeup but is more gentle. Just soak some into a cotton ball and it wipes off eyeshadow and mascara (even waterproof) easily. Make sure you rinse afterward with water so there is no residue. It contains aloe barbadensis leaf juice, which soothes your skin, as well as cucumber fruit extract. It is also fragrance-free, which the Lancome version is not. And it is cheaper (about C$12.50 compared to C$34.00). I will definitely repurchase.

on 4/9/2009 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

This is a cheaper alternative to Lancome Bificils at $8 (cheaper at Wal Mart). It's not a s good as the Pond's Bare & Repair (discontinued) but I was between makeup removers. It's not too oily but I don't find that it removes all traces of mascara or eyeliner.

on 4/9/2009 11:18:00 PM

UPDATE: I have to change my rating from 4 to 2 after developing this sensitivity to it. My eyes are now itchy and dry after using this. I didn't want to believe it at first because this is such an affordable and otherwise effective remover, but it is true. After reading another reviewer's experience with irritation and thinking through what has changed in my routine, I am convinced that it's this. It's not a burning sensation, but a palpable dry/itchiness and warm sensation... Like the other reviewer, my eyes developed this reaction after a few months of use.

Before trying this, I thought the Mary Kay makeup remover was the best one I have tried. While that one is still one of my favourites, I feel that this Neutrogena one performs just as good. In fact, they are very similar both in terms of texture as well as performance. Yes it is a bit oily (just like the Mary Kay one) but I usually follow up with a face wash, and everything comes off, with no oily film left on my eyelids or eyeballs. Considering that I can get this from my local drug store, for almost half the price that I have to pay for a May Kay one on ebay, this one is preferable.

Not really a five lippie item as I am still in search for "THE" makeup remover. I wear a gel liner and waterproof mascara most days, and so far no eye makeup remover has managed to remove it all with no residue. The Andrea EyeQ pads came pretty close, but I just couldn't stand the oily film it would leave on my eyeballs (not to think of what it did to the surrounding skin). While I'm searching for my personal HG, this is a pretty good one to tide me over.

on 4/9/2009 11:17:00 PM

This is my regular choice for eyemakeup remover. it is non drying to the eye area which is important for me. It takes off my waterproof mascara and eyemakeup easily.

on 4/9/2009 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I was looking for a replacement to Lancome's Bifacil and this is IT !!! I love it ! Not oily and removes all my eye makeup in a flash. Will definitely be buying again!

on 4/9/2009 11:03:00 PM

It's really oily, even if it's supposed to be oil-free, and it doesn't really remove my mascara. I tried to remove several brands of mascara with this, thinking that maybe some are too resistant to it, but it didn't remove any of them. I don't even wear waterproof makeup...

on 4/9/2009 11:19:00 AM

I bought this because I was in a pinch for some remover and forgot mine usual while travelling. I found this to be extremely oily even though i only used it once with a Q-tip. It left a very oily residue on my skin that I was not pleased with. However, it did do the trick which is why I rated a "2" but overall not happy with it because of how oily it left me when only using a Q-Tip