Dove Beauty Bar

4.4

sodium lauroyl isethionate, stearic acid, sodium tallowate or sodium palmitate, lauric acid, sodium isethionate, water, sodium stearate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium cocoate or sodium palm kernelate, fragrance, sodium chloride, tetrasodium edta, tetrasodium etidronate, titanium dioxide.

on 3/19/2005 3:41:00 AM

Been using this soap for the past 4 years. My dermatologist recommended it to me. It lathers up great and gently cleanses. I wouldnt switch to any other brand.

this bar is wayyy too drying for me to use on my face. i tried it for a week and my skin got so flaky, so i switched back to my normal cleanser and my skin went back to normal. i decided to use it again this morning and my face is like a desert. all dry, cracked, and lines showing up all over the place -- and i'm a teenager! icky.

i bet this is awesome on the body, but i haven't used it in the shower yet, but definately don't use this on your face!

i have combo, young skin (oily in t zone, dry everywhere else)

on 2/21/2005 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is the best! I have the most sensitive skin in the world and this is perfect. Soothing, cleanses well, makes a rich lather and doesn't dry out my skin. Awesome!

on 2/7/2005 7:25:00 AM

I don't use this on my face as I find it blocks my pores. However on the body it just can't be beaten! Love! HG

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Ah, Dove. It's like a comfy old sweater--not the most glamorous thing in the world, but reliable and useful. Sometimes I get on these skincare tangents and wildly buy all sorts of expensive products (Shiseido, Estee Lauder, Clarins) Which are all fine and dandy, but when I want to save a few bucks, smell clean and fresh, have soft, smooth skin, I always rely on my white Dove beauty bar.

on 2/1/2005 8:21:00 PM

I adore dove soap. I use this for showering, hand soap and daily face cleanser. I have combination skin and this does a good job of cleaning and moisturizing without breaking me out or over drying. What's more it got rid of my bacne, hurray! Does leave skin feeling a little tight, so follow with moisturizer of course.

on 1/31/2005 9:45:00 AM

I always seem to go back to this soap after using other ones. It leavs my skin soft and I don't need to use a bodylotion when I get out of the shower.

on 1/23/2005 1:26:00 AM

The ONLY soap I use. great for sensitive skin.

on 1/21/2005 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I prefer Dove's bodywashes. But, I always have this in my home. This is the only soap my husband and I can use.

2008 update: still love it.. started using it on my face too!

on 1/16/2005 2:41:00 PM

This is the only soap that I can use on my body, All other soaps dry out my skin and makes my hands feel like it has residue of the soap on them. Leaves my skin feeling clean and has a great smell.