Maybelline Dream Fresh 8-in-1 BB Cream

3.2

aqua/water, ethylhexyl palmitate, glycerin, octyldecanol, silica, pentylene glycol, octyldodecyl xyloside, phenoxyethanol, sodium acrylate/sodium acryloyldimethone taurate copolymer, hydrogenated lecithin, isohexadecane, hydroxyethyl, acrylate/ sodium acryloyldimethyl taurate, copolymer, peg - 30, diplohydroxystearate, sodium dehydroacetate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl, hydroxyhydrocinnamate, caprylyl glycol, disodium edta, citirc acid, polysorbate 80, potassium sorbate, propylene glycol, methylisothiazolinone, chamonolla retcuitta extract/matricaria flower extract, aloe barbadensis extract, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, may contain c177891/titanium dioxide, c177491, c177492, c177499/iron oxides

on 2/17/2013 1:00:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I seriously do not get the hype around this product. It is billed as a BB cream (I've seen it recommended as a good drugstore version in several magazines) when it is really just a tinted moisturizer, and not a very good one at that. First of all, the shade range is horrible, I purchased the lightest shade possible and it's a dark orangey color that is two shades too dark for me. Second, the consistency is weirdly greasy and heavy, which is odd because the coverage, while ok for a tinted moisturizer, is not great, especially when compared to other BB creams.
Personally, I much prefer to use L'Oreal's version of a BB cream, it's similar to traditional Asian BB creams and actually does change to meet your skin tone. Maybelline's is really just a crappy tinted moisturizer.

on 2/15/2013 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Wow. This stuff is better than my previous favorite tinted moisturizer with sunscreen from Cover Girl. The tone is perfect, conceals minor unevenness without being cakey or heavy, and does NOT break me out.
If I have a blemish, I can dot a bit of concealer on it, dust everything with my Rimmel oil control powder, and I'm good to go.
I don't notice this settling in fine lines like most heavier foundations I've used.
Have been through three tubes and will continue to buy!

on 2/15/2013 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

This stuff is just okay. I previously had the Missha M Vita BB Cream, but since the Western world has adopted BB creams into their lives, I decided to try a more accessible brand. Compared to my Missha, it has very little coverage, and is much runnier. Really, I think it's a bit of a glorified tinted moisturizer, as I've heard a lot of American BB's are. It does moisturize, which is nice for the winter when my skin is drier, but as I said, it doesn't cover much, and it doesn't do anything in the ways of oil control. I should also note that it somehow exploded in my bag. The cap came off and now the nozzle is all dirty. The packaging seems kind of cheap to me, so that's probably it. All in all, I will finish my tube, because it doesn't suck completely. For the winter, when I don't need as much oil control, it will do fine. But, after it's gone, I will continue my search for a new BB elsewhere.

on 2/15/2013 1:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This BB cream completely separated and settled into my pores within the span of 30 minutes (my skin isn't bad or even that oily). Short and sweet, I think you can find a better alternative with a tinted moisturizer or sunscreen if you've tried a few drugstore BB's without success.

on 2/12/2013 6:01:00 PM

I have used this everyday for almost two months and the packaging is still not empty! I love how easy it is to apply and how it seems to stay on and even look better as the day progresses. The only problem (which is really famous) is oilyness, especially on my T-zone, but I just keep a powder in my bag to fix that. I love how it feels like a lotion or a hydrating cream, I have really dry spots near my nose that tend to get flaky, but with this it won´t show up at all. Coverage is sheer, but it still blurs small imperfections a little bit.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I figured this would be great for me. It was recently mentioned in a magazine article to be good for those with oily skin. This is so bad for oily skin. Within an hour I had very noticeable shine. And to make things worse this made me break out badly. And I didn't even like it! This did not offer any noticeable coverage or benefit. Waste of money.

on 2/12/2013 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i have oily sensitive skin. this product did not seem to irritate my skin, or make me break out any differently. the only difference i noticed in my skin, is it was smoother and softer. i used it either by itself with powder over it, or under my foundation as a primer.

i would say its a good product for beginners. however i would not repurchase.

on 2/12/2013 11:10:00 AM

I don't really like this. I don't have very dry or sensitive skin, but this stings when it's going on and doesn't seem like it's moisturizing all that much. It's also so sheer as to be practically invisible; I still need to put powder foundation over it if I want my skin to look even--and it's pretty even to begin with! I did NOT buy this thinking it was full-coverage, or even medium-coverage, and I'm STILL disappointed. I can't even build it up to be a "sheer" shade; the color just isn't there at all. I'll probably use the rest up in case it magically starts working or something, but I won't buy it again.

UPDATE. After using this product for a month, it's going in the trash. The odd watery consistency and lack of staying power finally doomed it.

I've been using this for about a week, and while it's an Ok primer, it's too sheer for me to wear alone. The color is a little too dark for my Casper white skin.

on 2/10/2013 8:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I initially purchased this because I wanted to take a break from wearing heavier foundations. I tried pairing it with concealer for a more full coverage look but I wasn't satisfied with the results. I may use it as a base if I change my mind.