November 27, 2014 | 977 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2011 11:56:00 AM More reviews by kamunq

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

First off, I absolutely love these lip butters! They are the best drugstore lipsticks I have ever tried. I live in Canada and I purchased these lip butters at my local Walmart for $7.97 each. These lip butters apparently come in 20 different shades, except a lot of the colors were sold out and my selection was limited. I originally wanted to get Peach Parfait because I heard it's a lot of people's favourite and a really good everyday color. Unfortunately this color was unavailable, so I purchased these 3 other colors instead. The 3 colors I purchased were Cherry Tart, Pink truffle, and Berry Smoothie.
I have extremely dry lips, especially in the winter months. Many of the lipsticks I own essentuate the dryness and flakiness of my lips. These lip butters on the other hand glide on smoothly and do not settle in the lip lines or dry out my lips. Though Revlon has claimed these lip butters are like lip balms I wouldn't say they are as moisturizing as lip balms, because my lips are still dry at the end of the day. The color of the lip butters are a little sheer upon application, but is very buildable to be a more opaque color.

Here is a description of each of the colors I own:
Cherry Tart - A red with a little bit of shimmer. I was hesitant of puchasing this because I never wear reds. It is a good starter red as I can build it up to my liking.
Pink truffle - Just like the name, it is a brownish pink. When applied on my lips, it shows up more as a pink. This is definitely a MLBB color. A really good everyday color.
Berry Smoothie - A berry pink with a little bit of shimmer. Also a very beautiful color that can be worn everyday because it isn't too bright.

Overall the product itself is great. The only complaint is the lids are a little difficult to open and one of them even started to crack. Not a huge problem considering the product itself is wonderful. Definitely planning on buying more of these in different colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2011 4:34:00 AM More reviews by darkskinsexylips

Finally! The Butters are available in Toronto! I bought Red Velvet which is a brownish red shade. Wow, this lipstick really is going to give high-end lipsticks a lot of competition. These are really great. The pigmentation in this shade is fabulous for a lipstick-balm. I have pigmented lips and the colour is quite bold even with just one swipe. I was expecting a very sheer colour with a lot of slip, but I was wrong. This lipstick is creamy and is not heavy at all. It has a satin-like finish and after a little bit of time, leaves a stained look. It is definitely moisturizing. I love it. I have a few Clinique Buttershines and I prefer this so much more. I will definitely buy one more shade, but I will wait until they go on sale. I rarely buy drugstore cosmetics at regular price, but I got so excited when I saw this that I felt compelled to get it right away! So glad I did!

Addition: I bought 4 more shades as there is currently a bogo sale happening. I only paid $4.75cdn each for these lipsticks. This lipstick
is it for me. I love the shades and I love texture. I also like how I can build up the colour. For fun, I purchased Sweet Tart which is a medium bubble gum pink. I am DDD and I thought it would be good to try something bright, cheery, and pink! Well, this does not disappoint. It is sheer enough that I can wear one or two coats of this shade without looking barbie-ish. I love it, it's bright, cute, and sexy. I also bought: Pink Truffle, Brown Sugar, and Raspberry Pie. Again, since the price is so reasonable, I will get a couple more before the sale is over.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2011 7:34:00 PM More reviews by tramt0huynh

I have Pink Truffle, Tutti Frutti, Fig Jam and Candy Apple and I love all four! Pink Truffle is actually pretty sheer even though it looks pretty dark in the tube. It's a light sheer pink with a little bit of brown in it. Tutti Frutti is gorgeousss! I cant wait to wear it during the spring/summer. It's a warm, sheer, and shimmery orange. Fig Jam worried me because it looks soo incredibly dark in the tube. I was looking for a Red brown for the winter but the Red Velvet was out, so I bought this one anyway, thinking I was going to go return it. Turns out, it's my FAVORITE. It's uber sheer and swatches on the nude side. LOVE IT. Candy Apple is almost like your basic red, on the cool side. I prefer warm tone reds, but because the product is AH-MAZING, I love it anyways!

These colors are buildable, so you can definitely layer it on, but I've been looking for a lippie I can use day or night and these are PERFECT. Definitely planning on buying more of these. On the hunt for Red Velvet, Creme Brulee, Berry Smoothie and Peach Parfait. Hell, there are 20 different shades, I think I'll just get them all.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2011 7:24:00 PM More reviews by adeglass

I just had to write a review about this product. You see--I have a problem. A lip product addiction. Anything balm, gloss, stick, shine, matte, whatever. I have well over a hundred in my collection. I also have tonnes of dior, chanel and all that and today I got sucked in and bought this butter in "cheery tart". I was amazed at this product! First of all, IMO this lasted waaaaaay longer than Dior addict lippie and was shinier! I don't know how they did it but this just seems to shine for a long period of time, and doesn't bleed into fine lines AT ALL ( unlike Clinique butter shine). With the color I bought, it seemed to leave behind a subtle berry stain --which I have no problem with as I have NO pigment in my lips. I just think that for the product description--this just hits it right on the head. Plus--it has more pigment which I love. ( i love pigment--if you don't want that--then why don't you just wear some vaseline on your lips). I am going back and getting more for sure.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2011 10:01:00 AM More reviews by 9Chickweed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I can't describe just how happy I am that this product worked out for me. I generally am allergic to a lot of lipsticks out there and it unfortunately leaves me few options, mainly high end! Though moisturizing, it doesn't make my lips itchy and bumpy. Color payoff is wonderful. Definitely not lip balm color payoff at all. My favorite color so far is Pink Truffle, which on my Asian NC35 skin is a MLBB, though in my insanity, I plan to get all of the colors ;-) My main issues with this product is that though it starts off moisturizing, ironically, it dries my lips out after a while. This may be why it doesn't make my lips itch, actually. However, the big issue for me is the packaging. These things are nearly impossible to open if my hands are even remotely slippery from dryness or from lotion. Revlon needs to bevel the bottom out or something to resolve this issue and this would be the perfect product for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2011 1:25:00 AM More reviews by lanih2003

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm a lip product junkie. Mostly gloss, but I need more moisturizing with the dry weather and all. These are great! I have Peach Parfait, and its very subltle color, with shimmer. I wanted something that I could throw on the go...and this is it. It feels great, too. Will be getting more!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2011 10:37:00 PM More reviews by xomaddiii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Soooooooooooo happy I got my hands on them :)

My parents went to the states recently so I asked my mom to pick up a couple of these for me considering they don't come out in Canada until January (I believe).
Anyways I got candy apple and berry smoothie.
Candy apple is my fav, such a gorgeous pigmented warm-toned red and it doesnt have the heaviness of a lipstick

Love them!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2011 7:04:00 PM More reviews by faireyfantom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Good product especially for cold weather. Nice colors. I have a drawer full of lippies so no need to buy more until I go through what I have. Standard packaging. I never understand why anyone gives a crap about how "cute" packaging is or mulls over the minutia like how many sides have quilting. I keep my makeup in a drawer or makeup bag, not around my neck or on my xmas tree.

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2011 6:37:00 PM More reviews by teashadlynch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am in LOVE with these Lip Butters!! I think that they are great. I cant believe that I see so many people that dont Love them the way I do.

The Lip Butters are what they say they are Butter for your lips, They leave your lip soft, silky, and moisterized. They come in so many colors that you can build the pigmentation to your liking. I have about 13 of these I just brought most of them Black Friday but I was using Cotton Candy way before then and I had also gotten Creme Brulee. I love both of them. The Cream Burlee is a very wearable nude and nudes dont look great on me. I love the cotton candy pink it is very cute. The downside is that the packaging is hard to open the first few times. Besides that I love these they are my new go to lip product!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2011 10:43:00 AM More reviews by megsieb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Bought Berrie Smoothie and Peach Parfait last nite. Packaging not so good but the product rocks! Finally, a comparable replacement for my long-lost Bonne Bell Grapevine Whine LipLix (Berrie Smoothe). I plan to stock up & hoard this before it gets discontinued.