October 21, 2014 | 872 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - One by One Volum' Express [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2011 3:51:00 PM More reviews by MadelineSally

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I absolutely loved this mascara, when I first bought it made my stubby eyelashes very long and dark. It doesn't clump and does a good job of getting all of your eyelashes. But what made me REALLY mad was that it flakes so much that in a few hours your mascara is almost gone! Ugh.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2011 11:38:00 PM More reviews by mkv91

I loved this mascara for a couple of weeks, but mine has already dried up and began to flake off of my lashes!

Disappointed, but it was nice while it lasted. I've switched to Revlon GrowLucious.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2011 4:52:00 PM More reviews by sallysellsseashells

I was so drawn by the packaging - hot as hell coral and blue! But, I kept on walking by because Maybelline mascaras do nothing for me and I've tried about a dozen of them. Right off the bat, I hate the smell of this. The scent is the same w/ Lash Stiletto which is a strong rose. The scent doesn't go away until you wash it off. However, this mascara does promise what it preaches. I got beautiful separated "one by one" lashes. I also love that this layers very nicely without clumping. But, it lacks the right amount of volume for me. However, two coats of this gave me slightly better volume than two coats of CG Lash Blast. Even though the volume isn't spectatcular, I do love how it gives me length. Overall, this mascara has some really good positive points like layering ability, no smudging, no clumps, decent length and superior separation. I will use up this tube but I don't think I will rebuy due to lacking adequate volume and by the end of the day, it tends to flake off leaving you w/ bare lashes :O

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2011 8:04:00 PM More reviews by LawgirlMiri

I just bought this today.I got it in Blackest Black. I wasn't a big fan of the Maybelline Falsies, so I was hesitant to try this mascara. BUT I am so glad I gave it a try. The bristles convinced me to give it a try. The brush reminded me of Lashblast, just a bit smaller, and like that curvy Rimmel mascara (which I never tried), but I thought that a combination of the Lashblast and Rimmel brush would be worth trying...

The mascara adds great volume to my lashes, and there is no clumping or flaking, and I love the brush. I like that its a bit smaller than Lashblasts. I am able to reach each lash with this brush easily.

Will definitely buy again

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2011 6:13:00 PM More reviews by Bascom

This is a fantastic mascara! it coats each lash entirely, making it clump free and voluminous. I love Maybelline's mascara. This and full and soft are my HG mascaras :) also the coral and teal tube is very retro and appealing, i like it....! The bristles are like covergirls(the rubbery type, dont know what it's called) but it grabs each lash and defines them while still being full. get it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2011 10:17:00 PM More reviews by xsnowwhite

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this mascara! It is definitely my new favorite. My lashes are really short and not that full and normally they look long at first but droop after about an hour. I used this and my lashes were long all day long. I also tried using the falsies first in a zig-zag motion, and while it was drying I used the one by one over top but instead of zig zag motion I blinked slowly into the mascara wand and it looked like I was wearing false lashes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2011 4:37:00 PM More reviews by Tina68

I bought this in waterproof in Blackest Black. I have been pleasantly surprised by this mascara. First, it holds my curl and holds it all day. Second, it gave me clump-free lashes and last, but certainly not least, it did not leave me looking like a raccoon by the end of the day. It has that rubberized brush that seems to be the trend with mascara at the moment. I'm not a fan of these brushes as I don't think they "grab" hold of lashes enough to coat them with enough mascara. I thought this was going to be the case when I frist applied One By One. I was wrong. The first coat left me with a light coating of mascara for a natural, demure look. I, however, prefer a little more oomph with my lashes and applied a few more coats. When I was finished I was left with dark, curled, thicker lashes that had amazing separation. Could the hunt be over that perfect mascara? I hope so.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2011 1:43:00 PM More reviews by hisbabydoll

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Oh how I wanted to love this!! It's just okay...I love Falsies, but this...*sigh.* It didn't seem to grab my lashes like it claims to...it felt like it just ran over them without grabbing them to truly separate them as much as I thought it would. It is the brush, which I really thought I would like. I have long eyelashes but they aren't very thick...this just didn't do much for me. It helps a little, and I use it to separate after I use Falsies, and it does work then, so it has a purpose, just not as a main mascara. I also wouldn't use it on my lower lashes...I use a CoverGirl mascara for that. I said that I wouldn't purchase it again, but there isn't a "maybe" option. I would possibly purchase to use after a different mascara or as a general base before my more dramatic one. I will use it until it is gone. I don't like to waste products.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2011 6:52:00 PM More reviews by violetlite

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

eh. i'm not impressed. this mascara is fine, but there is no reason to settle for fine when there are actual good ones out there in the same price range (ie l'oreal million lashes.)

the brush is cool and it is true that it separates the lashes. one coat gives you decent, natural looking lashes. usually i want big, fluffy lashes, so that's the first problem. once i start to layer this mascara, it gets a little chunky-looking at the tips of the lashes. i have to comb off the chunks, leaving my lashes back at their original length. no fun.
    secondly, it flakes. boo.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2011 2:27:00 PM More reviews by michyg

Hmm.. well i had some high hopes for this because it has been compared to my beloved LashBlast by CG and I'm always up to trying new mascaras so I got on the bandwagon with this one. There are goods and bads. It makes my lashes look OK... like they look nice but not the best I've seen. The brush is easy to use and the tube is beauuutiful. Unfortunately, this flakes like crazy. Its difficult to apply the second coat without clumping as well. I wouldn't buy it again because of the flaking for sure.