July 25, 2014 | 1949 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - One by One Volum' Express

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2011 6:13:00 PM More reviews by Bascom

This is a fantastic mascara! it coats each lash entirely, making it clump free and voluminous. I love Maybelline's mascara. This and full and soft are my HG mascaras :) also the coral and teal tube is very retro and appealing, i like it....! The bristles are like covergirls(the rubbery type, dont know what it's called) but it grabs each lash and defines them while still being full. get it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2011 10:17:00 PM More reviews by xsnowwhite

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this mascara! It is definitely my new favorite. My lashes are really short and not that full and normally they look long at first but droop after about an hour. I used this and my lashes were long all day long. I also tried using the falsies first in a zig-zag motion, and while it was drying I used the one by one over top but instead of zig zag motion I blinked slowly into the mascara wand and it looked like I was wearing false lashes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2011 4:37:00 PM More reviews by Tina68

I bought this in waterproof in Blackest Black. I have been pleasantly surprised by this mascara. First, it holds my curl and holds it all day. Second, it gave me clump-free lashes and last, but certainly not least, it did not leave me looking like a raccoon by the end of the day. It has that rubberized brush that seems to be the trend with mascara at the moment. I'm not a fan of these brushes as I don't think they "grab" hold of lashes enough to coat them with enough mascara. I thought this was going to be the case when I frist applied One By One. I was wrong. The first coat left me with a light coating of mascara for a natural, demure look. I, however, prefer a little more oomph with my lashes and applied a few more coats. When I was finished I was left with dark, curled, thicker lashes that had amazing separation. Could the hunt be over that perfect mascara? I hope so.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2011 1:43:00 PM More reviews by hisbabydoll

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Oh how I wanted to love this!! It's just okay...I love Falsies, but this...*sigh.* It didn't seem to grab my lashes like it claims to...it felt like it just ran over them without grabbing them to truly separate them as much as I thought it would. It is the brush, which I really thought I would like. I have long eyelashes but they aren't very thick...this just didn't do much for me. It helps a little, and I use it to separate after I use Falsies, and it does work then, so it has a purpose, just not as a main mascara. I also wouldn't use it on my lower lashes...I use a CoverGirl mascara for that. I said that I wouldn't purchase it again, but there isn't a "maybe" option. I would possibly purchase to use after a different mascara or as a general base before my more dramatic one. I will use it until it is gone. I don't like to waste products.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2011 6:52:00 PM More reviews by violetlite

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

eh. i'm not impressed. this mascara is fine, but there is no reason to settle for fine when there are actual good ones out there in the same price range (ie l'oreal million lashes.)

the brush is cool and it is true that it separates the lashes. one coat gives you decent, natural looking lashes. usually i want big, fluffy lashes, so that's the first problem. once i start to layer this mascara, it gets a little chunky-looking at the tips of the lashes. i have to comb off the chunks, leaving my lashes back at their original length. no fun.
secondly, it flakes. boo.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2011 2:27:00 PM More reviews by michyg

Hmm.. well i had some high hopes for this because it has been compared to my beloved LashBlast by CG and I'm always up to trying new mascaras so I got on the bandwagon with this one. There are goods and bads. It makes my lashes look OK... like they look nice but not the best I've seen. The brush is easy to use and the tube is beauuutiful. Unfortunately, this flakes like crazy. Its difficult to apply the second coat without clumping as well. I wouldn't buy it again because of the flaking for sure.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/18/2011 12:33:00 PM More reviews by miamisparkle

First off I only bought this because I was impressed by the pretty coral tube. It goes on nicely but this mascara flakes off so bad! I've never had this problem before, i notice it under my eyes a couple hrs after i put it on and after 8 hrs of wear omg I look scary. I will never buy this ever again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2011 5:01:00 PM More reviews by Lilymon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I am surprised how much I like this. Usually I'm not impressed with Maybelline mascaras. I agree that it does have a Rose smell, but I actually like it. I like the brush more than Lash Blast, and it does seem to define each lash, one by one! Cute colors on the tube too!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2011 6:34:00 PM More reviews by trevor97

This mascara did not go on my lashes easily - not buildable - another bad Maybelline mascara goingh in the trash!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2011 3:58:00 PM More reviews by echarper

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this mascarra! I have short lashes that need a lot of help! I bought this brand in the water proof (it helps hold the curl of my lashes better) and it truly emphasizes every lash! I have tried probably every mascarra on the market ( I am also a make-up artist) and for the price I was very impressed! I will buy this one again for sure!!