November 26, 2014 | 1443 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2011 8:41:00 PM More reviews by Jenls27

I've had a history with this. I first bought it late last summer. Tried it and liked it until it broke me out. I took it back to Sephora.

2nd story: I started on Differin, a prescription retinoid, and I had these dry flakies all over and rough patches of dry skin. It was ridiculous. After doing some research I bought Cerave which seriously calmed down my irritated, burning skin, and the second thing I did was buy the Mia. I had read that it really helped to exfoliate the flakies and dry patches. BOY does it ever! I use it in the shower before putting on makeup and my skin is free and clear of any flakies and looks incredibly healthy and young thanks to the retenoid. I'm 38 and my skin looks like its 10 years younger again.

The only reason why it doesn't have 5 lippes is that it's such a ridiculous price!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2011 2:03:00 PM More reviews by cpridd

I love, love, love my Clarisonic Mia. My skin looks and feels so much smoother since I started using it. I do agree that even the sensitive brush can be a little harsh on the skin, especially in the winter, so I started using the delicate brush heads, and they work great.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2011 1:55:00 PM More reviews by pstrat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't own, nor have ever used, the "regular" Clarisonic, only the Mia. Have been using it for about 7-8 weeks. I really like it! Much better than having to use washcloths and does a more thorough job. I only use it once per day, at night. Tried using it 2x's per day but that seemed to be too drying here in the winter. My skin is acne prone and the sensitive brush head that it came with does the job. When I need a replacement brush I think I may try the normal brush. Love that it's waterproof and that the recharger is small. I faithfully wash the brush in antibacterial soap 1x per week and recharge. Overall very happy.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2011 11:05:00 AM More reviews by grenod

I LOVE the Mia. My face feels smooth and clean. I use it with Cetaphil cleanser, and my skin is so clear. One drawback is that in the winter, my skin is very sensitive, and I can only use the Mia every second night, as I sometimes feel the brush is a bit harsh on my cheeks (even with the sensitive brush).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2011 12:46:00 AM More reviews by curlycuesue

I was sooooo hopeful, optimistic, and excited to try the Clarisonic in hopes it would eliminate my breakouts, even out my skin tone, and just give a polished, refined look to my face. Unfortunately, it made my skin so utterly broken out and horrible that I don't even want to go out of the house. =( I heard some people purge when initially using this, so I attributed my breakouts to purging, but when it kept getting worse and worse, and b/c they were huge, red, throbbing cysts all over my face, I knew it wasn't just purging. I ultimately decreased usage to a few times a week using a gentle cleanser, but alas, my pores kept erupting and my somewhat okay skin now literally looks like pepperoni pizza. I reeeeally wanted this to be my HG and be as fabulous as everyone else thinks it is, but it just wasn't for me. =(

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2011 7:26:00 PM More reviews by szhan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Upon returning from a long trip in warm parts of Asia earlier this month, my skin went haywire in the cold, dry, bitterness of New England winter. My skin went from oily/combination to extra extra dry. It felt like I was touching raw hide! So I finally caved a last week and purchased this item...and it was THE BEST $150 I've ever spent. Not only did it buffer off the raw, dry layer, but it gave me a new layer of skin that has never looked so good!

The best example on my face would be my chin. It has been a persistent oily spot with weird bumps..like those "acne bombs" that's waiting to come out one day? But after just 2 days of using the Mia, my chin is soooo soft upon touch and the visibility of those bumps decreased dramatically.

I never wanted to believe that this brush was life changing or what not. Still, I think it is a luxury and not a necessity. If ppl were careful and timely with their exfoliations, they can achieve similar results. Mia has just made this step so much easier.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2011 5:04:00 PM More reviews by 5mores

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I have been using this product for two weeks now, and have noticed a difference. I have acne scars and bigger pores on my cheeks, but I noticed that both the pores and scars have started to fade. Also, it's been giving me smoother complexion, and it totally removes all my makeup after a cleanse. I love my Mia and I don't feel right if I miss a day without this!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2011 4:36:00 AM More reviews by vit_c

I put yes but actually you dont need to buy it again but just replacement brushes every 3 months recommended.

I waited for 1 week before i made my review - diligently using it 2 times daily.

Skin's drier abit - reportedly this is an initial problem - I broke out too - but i suspect its from creams that were already too rich for me & with the great cleansing effects of the MIA - the absorption of the cream increased & caused it.

Now the pimples have settled somewhat, Pores are cleaner & reduced in size - clean pores are smaller looking pores.

The oil bumps on my chin from long ago are starting to reduce in size. My frownies are still there ya. So we shall see - tempted not to renew my facial package as well!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2011 11:16:00 PM More reviews by Ravywedding

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product! I felt like I wasted so much money on cleansers that never worked, but the Mia works great! I can feel the change in my skin tone and my pores look smaller. Literally, my scars seem to fade even! It only takes a few minutes and feels so great afterwards.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2011 12:25:00 PM More reviews by sillychicken

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I received this as a Christmas gift so I've been using it for 1 month. The best way I can describe how it makes my skin look is that now with nothing on my face, my skin looks like it would if I had applied Guerlain Les Meteorites balls powder on. It is like a healthy glow that even when I put powder makeup on my skin still glows through it. The thing I'm not so impressed with is that it doesn't take all my blackheads/whiteheads away like I though it would based on reading reviews here. If I want to remove them I have to get a little washcloth and rub them to make them come out. I'm afraid to irritate my skin by pushing too hard so I use it pressing lightly so maybe that's why they don't come out. I only use it once a day because I have sensitive skin. This doesn't exfoliate my skin or keep me from needing to use a scrub 1-2 times a week. But it definately leaves it less flaky than it used to get when it got dry. Luckilly I didn't go through a "purge" stage like many do, it just made my face feel and look really dry for 2 days so I used more lotion than usual. It's only been a month and my skin is improved so I'm hoping it keeps improving and I'll update in the future.