December 21, 2014 | 1689 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2011 1:06:00 PM More reviews by summerrain1994

Like many others, I debated for a long time on if I should get the Mia or not. I looked for deals on ebay, but ended up ordering from the Clarisonic website.

Boy, I am glad that I bought this little baby! I think it's definitely worth the price, especially for someone like me that has been struggling with acne for a few years.
No products (face washes, creams, spot treatments, even prescriptions) were working to clear up my acne and I figured I had nothing to lose as you can return this for a full refund.

Within a week my skin was clearly up significantly. At first it did seem to irritate my current pimples, they would turn red, but after using a gentle toner that went away. Now, only about a month later, my skin is almost completely clear and SO smooth. I use the sensitive brush head twice a day (it doesn't bother me) and then I use the regular brush head on my body because its too harsh for my face. At night I remove most of my makeup with cleansing cloths and then use the Clarisonic. In the morning I use it just with my Kiss My Face cream cleanser. Both work wonders on clearing my skin, making my creams and lotions sink in quicker, and making my skin smoother in general.

Would suggest to anyone who is fighting with their skin and can't seem to find anything that works!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2011 9:14:00 PM More reviews by misslauren0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

works wonders for my skin! definitely helps control my acne. I use it with cleanser after I removed my makeup so it really deep cleans my skin. A little pricy, but for me it was worth it. It also helps you can travel with it! I started using it twice a day and felt it was to much to fast so I did it once every night. As my skin cleared up I used it more and haven't had a problem with huge breakouts. One of m must haves.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2011 10:57:00 AM More reviews by SueCoccaro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got my Clarisonic Mia from e-bay about six months ago. I live in Brasil and we don't have other option to buy a Clarisonic other than online. Overall I think it's a great product and have been constantly using it. The results are wonderful, my skin never felt better or brighter, at first it felt a little harsh on the skin (using the white brush) when I switched to the blue brush it was way softer but with the same cleaning results - I use it once a day for two minutes with non foaming cleanser. In those six months that have passed since I started using it my sking changed a lot, I don't think the improvements can be credited only to the Clarisonic but to hormonal changes and constant exercise, also I don't pick on the blackheads as much as I did. The great thing about the Clarisonic is that is cleanses the skin like nothing I ever tried before, on my skin it removes those nasty flakes of old skin and all superficial dirt that accumulates on the pores. The reviews here on Make up alley said that it helps the absorption of products and yes, it totally did! The only bad thing that I have to say is that it seems that the battery charge lasts less than it did before and the bristles of the heads got all spikey very fast. Definitely would buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2011 2:38:00 PM More reviews by bennodalove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

I cannot live without this! At first I just considered it a luxury item but now it's a staple in my regime. I've been using it for about a month and a half so this review may be a little premature. For reference I have normal/combo sensitive skin.

My skin texture has improved significantly since using it. My skin used to feel very rough and bumpy to the touch...terrible, considering I am only 19 years old! Since using the mia my skin feels soft and smooth, no rough or bumpy texture at all. I occasionally suffer with dry patches on certain areas of my face (forehead mainly, occasionally the cheeks) but since using this I have not had a dry flakey patch of skin at all! My makeup applies wonderfully now as opposed to before, glides on like butter.

Secondly, I really like how clean my skin feels after using. One night I slept over at a friends house and didn't bring my mia with me so just had to use cleanser the normal way...oh man, my skin didn't feel clean at all! I can no longer just use my hands to apply my cleanser otherwise my skin feels dirty. With the mia it's like having a mini facial every day. I have the sensitive brush head and it's perfect for me. I have very sensitive skin and it does not irritate me at all. Gentle yet effective. My pores are minimised and my skin looks brighter because of the gentle exfoliating effect the mia provides.

However, I can only use it once a day. I was previously using it twice a day and suffered from pretty bad breakouts. I cut down to just once a day and the breakouts went. Anyway, in regards to breakouts, I now get less than I used to before I used the mia...I used to get cystic pimples so often and now I rarely do. Don't get me wrong - my skin is not gorgeously clear - but I've had such a reducement in breakouts since using it. I now only breakout when I'm on my period or have worn the wrong type of makeup as opposed to breaking out every day like I used to.

Although the mia is expensive, I really like how it's changed my skin texture and leaves my skin feeling really clean without feeling stripped. I think it's a worthwhile investment.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2011 2:28:00 AM More reviews by AudB

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I hesitated to buy the Mia because it is so pricey for a face brush, but I'm glad I finally did. After one month, my skin looks better than it ever has. I only use it at night because I have sensitive skin. I didn't like the cleanser that came with it, but I didn't count that against the Mia in my rating.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2011 10:57:00 PM More reviews by ladyofshalott

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this for $189 at Sephora (Canada). It was SO much, but I really wanted to try this. I have been using it for about a month, and honestly I didn't like it during the first three weeks. I have acne prone skin, but I didn't have any breakouts when I started using this product... but then all of a sudden I started breaking out on my cheeks, my forehead, chin, etc. I felt like the Clarisonic was making my skin worse. SO, instead of using it morning and night, I only used it at night time. My skin is flawless now. It looks beautiful and I couldn't be happier. I think the Clarisonic is a great buy, but I think that if you have acne prone skin like me you should only use it once a day.

EDIT: I only use this 2-3 times a week now. This helps get my skin really clean. It is also the only thing that seems to get rid of my dry patches. I don't use this on active acne, because I find that it makes it worse. But this does work well on clogged pores, etc. I have super sensitive skin and was worried this might cause some broken capillaries....but so far I haven't noticed any new ones. I tend to get them when I squeeze acne on my nose, but the Mia has not bothered them.

Overall, I recommend this product. It's great for getting your pores really clean. It doesn't clear up all clogged pores, but it does help. I recommend this for people with dry skin (use a soap-free/gentle cleanser for sensitive skin with this). I have used lots of different chemical exfoliants, but none seem to get rid of dry patches like the Mia does. I also recommend not using this for the full minute if you have sensitive skin. I use this for only 30 seconds on my face and it works great. I think this product can potentially work for everyone, but you just have to play around with it a bit to get the best routine for your skin.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2011 6:20:00 PM More reviews by wildcat03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased the Clarisonic at the beginning of this year because I needed to treat myself to something after a year-end bonus and having missed my family's holidays for work. It was one of the better purchases I've made. I bought it on askderm.com and paid $103 after discounts. I used it once a day and have charged it twice so far (plus the initial charge). I usually use it for at least a minute and a half if not two when I'm in the shower. I find that my moisturizer absorbs better and faster with this than it did before. My skin is definitely looking better and has a little bit of a healthy, rosy glow (a friend actually asked if I'd been on vacation...I wish).

I definitely did go through a purging stage. In fact, I was initially using it twice daily, but small whiteheads were popping up pretty quickly so I cut back to slow it down so that I didn't really look broken out at any given time. I usually get one HUGE hormonal (or so I assumed) pimple a month, but that hasn't happened since I started using the Clarisonic. My skin is smoother and has fewer blemishes than it did before. It seems to have made a small difference in a few hyperpigmentation spots I had as well, although they are still there.

One tip: just before you finish washing your face, run the brush over your lips. Best lip exfoliant EVER. When you put on moisturizer, add some lip balm and your lips will look fantastic all day.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2011 1:20:00 PM More reviews by Legra25

I am so happy I purchased the Mia! I agonized over getting it or the larger system, but the Mia is perfect! After seeing my skin improve I doubt more bells and whistles could make this thing better!
I have always had trouble finding skin care regimes that worked for me until I got the Mia. I have sensitive normal/sometimes combo skin an things were always too harsh or didnt do anythhng. My skin would be okay for awhile but I have gone through periods of terrible jawline breakouts that's I had never experienced. Using the Mia at night for two weeks made my skin brand new and soft. I don't have to waste money finding delicate scrubs anymore, this brush is a do it all.
I use Philosophy Purity with it and it removes all makeup. If my skin is dry that night I wash with Lush Aqua Marina first then put the Purity over it and brush away. My skin is soft, clean and not irritated. After the first initial weeks of use I haven't gotten a single breakout, woo!
Highly recommend!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2011 9:31:00 AM More reviews by darkskyequeen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this off of the shopping channel here in Canada for a pretty good price. I first found out about it from the many youtube gurus that recieved one and claimed nice results. So I figured it would be worth a try and if it didn't work out I could always return it. Well I didn't return it and I've been using it for about 2 months and now I don't think I can do without it. Initially for the first 3 weeks I used it twice a day, now it's down to once a day before bedtime because I don't want to over do it. It works wonderfully with my mary kay timewise cleanser btw and a little product spreads like a dream with the help of this device. I will tell you that It has made a HUGE difference in my skin tone and texture. I wasn't expecting it to be honest but after a few weeks I noticed that my blemished face started to look brighter and a similar tone as the rest of my body (not darker like it has been most of my life after strong acne treatments as a teen). I even use it under my neck where it's noticeable masked or hyper pigmented and in the last few days I have noticed a major fading. This to me is a break through. Now I don't know it this product is supposed to help with these things or not but seriously nothing else has changed in my skin care routine. I use mary kay for several years (which I also love), I exfoliate my face and neck weekly without the help of this product and I haven't noticed this change before. Anyways, I'm a firm believer in this product now and If I could buy another one as back up I would. My mom also bought one but hasn't been using it consistently so I'll tell her to save it for me just in case. If I could give this more than 5 lippies I would give it 6 or 7.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2011 8:41:00 PM More reviews by Jenls27

I've had a history with this. I first bought it late last summer. Tried it and liked it until it broke me out. I took it back to Sephora.

2nd story: I started on Differin, a prescription retinoid, and I had these dry flakies all over and rough patches of dry skin. It was ridiculous. After doing some research I bought Cerave which seriously calmed down my irritated, burning skin, and the second thing I did was buy the Mia. I had read that it really helped to exfoliate the flakies and dry patches. BOY does it ever! I use it in the shower before putting on makeup and my skin is free and clear of any flakies and looks incredibly healthy and young thanks to the retenoid. I'm 38 and my skin looks like its 10 years younger again.

The only reason why it doesn't have 5 lippes is that it's such a ridiculous price!