September 18, 2014 | 1373 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2011 8:31:00 PM More reviews by MollieRT

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I bought the Mia because of it's smaller size for travel. I'd been researching the full sized Clarisonic for some time but hesitant because it was a little expensive. Not to mention the fact I have rosacea and would rather not cause a flare-up on my own accord.

I go through 2 cleansing cycles using the regular cleansing head with a circular motion- avoiding my delicate eye area. If my rosacea is acting up I only do 1 cycle with the delicate cleaning head. Then I apply my night time serums; I mix equal amounts of Josie Maran Argan Oil & Estee Lauder Synchronized Night Repair Serum along with it's matching Eye cream.

I only use the Mia once daily, and that's at night. I have noticed a large reduction in the number of blackheads on my nose, flaking skin on my cheeks, and the occasional pesky white millia bumps near my eyes. My skin feels much more smooth and looks more radiant. I've noticed an overall reduction in the frequency of my rosacea flares also. My night serums absorb more quickly when I use the Mia as opposed to the nights I just wash my face by hand.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2011 3:58:00 PM More reviews by boezoe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using the Mia since mid November...so for about 2 months. I have used it every single day since I got it; mostly twice per day. I have noticed significant improvement in the texture of my skin since using; 90% less flakiness (specifically around my nose & between brows), less congestion which means less breakouts & smoother overall appearance. I use the normal brush head & just ordered the buy 2 for $40 deal on Sephora.com. Usually they are $25 each so you can save by buying the two pack. I clean it a couple times per week using antibacterial hand soap & rinsing well. It keeps a charge for about a week before needing a recharge. Two thumbs up...5 stars....whatever... it has made it possible for me to just throw on some Origins VitaZing & leave the house. Enough said...I don't leave the house without makeup on so that says A LOT! It is my favorite beauty product by far & I can't imagine going back to cleaning my face without it.
I have dry skin, easily congested especially on my chin. I use The Body Shop Vitamin E cream cleanser morning & evening. Sometimes if I have a blemish coming on, I'll use my St Ive's Green Tea cleanser.
I don't push it into my skin, I just hold it to my face & let the technology do it's thing. Don't press it into your skin as that's what may be causing people to get irritated or get the broken capillaries. If you have the Sonicare toothbrush (which I do & it is equally phenomenal) then you should know it's the same concept.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2011 3:09:00 PM More reviews by aline26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Wow. After reading all the client reviews written here by users that have similar skin issues as myself, I decided to give the Mia a try. I was always curious about the regular Clarisonic brush, but was apprehensive to try it because of the hefty price tag. For those of you out there that feel the same way, the Mia is a great place to start. I have fairly dry skin and would be prone to monthly breakouts on my forehead, cheeks and chin whenever I approach my cycle. Sometimes those breakouts would be pretty bad. I also had blackheads on my nose that not even those Biore strips could take care of and slightly enlarged pores on my cheeks. I had survived my adolescence and a large part of my twenties (I'm 28) with very few breakouts to speak of, but the last couple of years my skin went absolutely berserk. Well, after using the Mia twice daily for about a month with my Neutrogena Visibly Even cleanser (HG!), all of those problems are a thing of the past. It almost completely eliminated the blackheads on my nose, shrunk my pores, evened out my complexion and prevented any breakouts I would have had as a result of my monthly cycle. My skin absolutely GLOWS. It's important to note that I remove my makeup and completely cleanse my face before I use the Mia. As another reviewer mentioned, I prefer to use it during a hot shower when my pores have opened up for a really deep clean.

This brush is absolutely worth every single penny. With twice daily use the charge lasts me about a week. I might even want to try the regular brush with the different interchangeable heads in the future. Clarisonic has a fan for life.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2011 9:39:00 AM More reviews by coucoune

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Ok, so I finally caved in and bought this little device at a hefty price tag ($189 at Sephora Canada). I'm still on the fence about this gadget, I'm going to give it a couple more weeks before deciding it's not worth the money. I've had it for almost two weeks and I use it day and night with the sensitive brush head. It does make my skin really soft and smooth but then again, I could achieve the same results with an exfoliant. It doesn't irritate skin and although my pores have not disappeared, they do appear smaller. I'm not sure it's really helping clear out my skin though - it seemed to have smoothed out some of the bumps but also creating new breakouts. I'm not sure at this point whether my skin is purging and will eventually get better so I am going to give it some more time.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2011 8:44:00 PM More reviews by jennuscfan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This product is expensive but very well worth it. Im not sure how I went so long without it. I have somewhat sensitive skin and this does not bother it. It takes all of my makeup off without making my face too dry. I honestly beleive that it does help products absorb better after using it. I havent had as many break outs since I began using it and dont have to use a scrub or anything, this mia does the job! I highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2011 6:32:00 PM More reviews by trishcat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using my Mia for a month. I LOVE IT!

I almost choked on the price, even with 20% off from Ulta. I have very sensitive skin and the Mia cleans it without irritating it. I have dermatitis, so the skin around my nose and brows likes to peel. The Mia gets all the dead skin off without hurting my skin.

Like most people here, I don't use the cleanser included. I use my CeraVe cleanser instead. My skin is so much brighter and I have not gotten a zit since I used this! I still get blackheads now and then, but they are much less with the Mia. With the cold weather, I haven't been able to use a lot of makeup on my face. Luckily I can go without foundation with the Mia. My skin was OK before the Mia, now it's awesome.

The Mia is a bit less $ than the regular Clairsonic, but I promise it is not a step down. It's just right and gets the job done, and no bulky charger takes up space in the bathroom.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2011 11:29:00 AM More reviews by bstorm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Clarisonic Mia. It totally lives up to all the hype. It was expensive, but I got it for Christmas. Still, for a product you use every day, it makes the cost worth it. My skin feels smoother and cleaner than ever. It removes all my makeup, is safe to take in the shower, stays charged all week (using twice a day), is easy to clean (I lather the brush with Dove soap once a day), and has helped my skin look its most radiant. I use Dove soap as my cleanser. I get compliments on my skin since I started using this. If you can do a splurge, this is what you should get. Your skin is worth the investment.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2011 7:06:00 PM More reviews by DitaVee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I absolutely adore this product though Iíve only been using this for a week. Already Iíve noticed that my complexion seems more even, my skin feels softer and seems more Ďclearí (or maybe glowing, Iím not sure how to describe it actually). I will update as usual once I've been using it for around a month.

I did a lot of research on this before I bought it as I have sensitive skin and rosacea and while I wanted something that would thoroughly exfoliate my skin, I didn't want anything which would cause irritation. I found a lot of helpful advice which helped me figure out how use this the best way for me. Here's an overview:

1) If you have sensitive skin, don't use the cleanser which comes with it.
2) Don't change the skincare products that you use at the same time as starting this, you won't be able to tell what you're reacting to if you do.
3) Stop using any other exfoliant. You donít need it and over exfoliating will damage the acid mantle of your skin.
4) Don't use at the same time as strong treatments (e.g. benzoyl peroxide) as this really does increase absorbtion.
5) Only use it for the prescribed timings - it might feel like it's not doing a lot while youíre using it, but it really is as youíll feel afterwards.

Here's my routine (remember, sensitive, rosacea skin), itís important to note I use it only once a day and have shifted all non moisturising treatments to the morning so I'm not applying them after this (e.g. emc2 with is a benzoyl peroxide treatment):

1) Dampen skin with wet hands
2) Spread Dr. Hauschka Cleansing milk over face
3) Follow the directions recommended with the Clarisonic (20 secs forehead, 20 secs nose and chin, 10 secs each cheek)
4) Compress off cleanser with warm water and lavender bath compress (normal dr. H routine)
5) Rise with remaining water then splash with cold water(normal dr. H routine)
6) Apply estee lauder advanced night repair synchronised serum and eye gel
7) Wait 5 mins, apply Oilatum natural face repair

I only wish that a body brush was available for this like with the pro version. I donít mind at all purchasing things separately, just the option would be nice :)

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2011 5:58:00 PM More reviews by nartime

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I only have one thing to say, I almost NEVER write reviews....GET ONE!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2011 8:27:00 AM More reviews by Lia135

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely adore this! I've been using it for about a month and I can't believe how clean this makes my skin feel, it's great. It's a bit expensive but definitely a good investment.