Clarisonic Mia

4.2

Plastic

on 4/10/2011 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

Update 8-ish weeks later: Can't imagine not using this product. HG.
---
Update (5 weeks later): I've been using the MIA (with the sensitive brush) twice a day for the last several weeks, and I now can't imagine washing my face without it.

Somewhere between weeks 2-3, I went through the dreaded "purging" phase, where I did break out a bit. But since then, my skin has been smoother and I haven't broken out (knock on wood). It feels so good on my face and leaves my pores cleaner than ever before. My makeup goes on sooo smooth. The only drawback with the MIA is that I do notice dry patches sometimes. Other than that....I seriously love this thing!

---

The Mia is amazing! I've only been using it a couple days, but I can already see a huge difference. My skin is softer, my treatments seem to work better, and my makeup goes on noticeably smoother. It also feels so good to wash my face now that I'm hooked. I can't even imagine not using it now. I will obviously have to wait to see any long term effects but so far, so good!

on 4/10/2011 6:19:00 PM

I love the clarsonic. I have been using it religiously for 3 months now and I can see the improvement in my skin. I use it with the philosophy clarity cleanser, which I would also highly recommend. The first week I started using the clarisonic, my skin did break out a little, but I think that was just because it was cleaning out my pores so well, my skin was not used to it and needed to adjust. I do not see any difference in the amount of oil my skin is producing, but I have dry/combo skin, so this has never been an issue for me. As, for shrinking my pores, I would have to say it has done so in terms of my overall texture of my skin. I think it will continue to slowly shrink my pores. The thing I love most about the clarisonic, is the overall radiance and glow it gives my skin. my skin looks radiant, young and fresh ofter using the clairisonic. I am still in my 20's, I have never had any major skin problems. Since using the clairsonic, I have switched from using a medium coverage foundation to a tinted moisturizer and I have gotten more complements on my skin then ever. Just in case anyone was wondering, the clairsonic is a cleansing device, not exfoliation device, you should continue to exfoliate you skin while using the clarisonic. I would highly recommend this product to anyone.

I have used this for about a month now. I like it but it isn't an amazing product. From the first time I used it, it made my skin super soft and glowy. The vibration function allows me to get a gentle exfoliation unlike manual brushes that will over exfoliate my skin with harsh scrubbing. But this brush hasn't made my pores smaller or made it less oily or reduced my hyper-pigmentation and I still get pimples (I have always had mild acne btw). This brush is expensive but because of the gentle exfoliation it gives me (which you cannot do with a manual brush) and how good it feels when the vibrating brush swaps across my face, I didn't regret my purchase.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I have wanted this little gadget for years, and finally got it almost two weeks ago as a late birthday present. I have been using it for nearly two weeks, morning and night, with the sensitive brush head and I love it! I've been trying it with a few different cleansers because Sephora has been giving away samples like mad lately. With the first use, the tiny blackheads on my nose completely cleared, which is amazing because they have been there for years and years and not even Biore could get them out. I don't see any make-up residue on my towels when I dry my face anymore. It hasn't done anything for my acne scars, but I haven't been using it that long. I can't tell if it's helping with fine lines or wrinkles, because I already have skin like a baby's ass thanks to Olay Regenerist. It does feel really funny when you use it on your nose, but you definitely get used to it. It really does help your skincare products sink in much better. My only complaint is that it doesn't make your facial cleanser lather. I was sort-of expecting it to, but it doesn't at all. But I got over it, and you probably will too. Everyone needs to own one, not just ladies! I can't wait to get the body brush. By the way, they just released a berry coloured Mia. It's more of a hot pink.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Wow. I read reviews about the Mia compared to the full size and decided to try the Mia. My skin is fairly clear with a rare pimple around my monthly cycle. The only thing I have a problem with is dry patches at random and uneven skin tone/dullness. The day I purchased my Mia I had oddly broken out on my left cheek with a red cyst that I left alone, and two or three other pimples underneath. What caused this I have no idea. After two uses of the Mia and the cleanser that came with it my face is literally spotless! Granted I did sit around with a freezing bottle of vodka on my cheek to bring the swelling and redness down, but I feel like the Mia was able to really get into my pores and clean all that junk out and let my moisturizer work it's magic after. My skin looks radiant and glowy already. I'm so glad I made this purchase. The only small thing I don't love is how it tickles the heck out of my nose area! But I guess that's just something you get used to lol.

I LOVE IT. It really makes a big different on my skin, however I do need to consider my skincare product and my vitamin as well, I have no blemish now, which is very amazing. It's truely is amazing. It's very expensive, but it's worth every penny. Every girl needs this.
I do use it day and night, however I think who uses strong acne treatment should only use it once a day

on 4/2/2011 4:54:00 PM

I have oily, acne-prone and eczema-prone skin. Trust me, it's a pretty unpleasant combination. I've been using the Clarisonic at night (morning and night is too much) followed with Vitamin E oil for about a month. My skin has really transformed. I have no more flakes, no bumps, no pimples, and my pores don't looked clogged anymore. I can finally use the richer moisturizers without breaking out. It really is quite amazing. I highly recommend.

on 3/31/2011 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I love how this made my skin feel. However, after 3 wks my skin had tiny bumps all over the surface. I am not sure what caused this but i had really good skin until i started using this. I bought this for the reason that i wanted to exfoliate well, spa-style. The brush itself is cool, i love the handle and i love that it's h2oproof but unfortunately it's just not for me.

on 3/31/2011 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have wanted a Mia for some time now, and I have not had it one week, and I cannot tell you the difference it has made to my skin. My breakouts have cleared, my skin is much softer and refreshed looking. Anyone who is on the fence about this product, it is worth every penny!!!

on 3/29/2011 4:42:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Lets just say I was one of the biggest skeptics of this product. I don't go along with all the hype I hear just because everyone is talking about it. Many products don't deserve the good reputation they have so I decided to purchase the Mia in Dec 2010 and give it a go and decide for myself. I have never owned one of their toothbrushes either. I had originally planned on purchasing this item and using it religiously for 2x a day for 3 weeks and see if I got good results. The packaging and reciept were huddled up in my closet and ready for a march back to Sephora if it didn't work out for me when the deadline was up. The lady at Sephora said, "we haven't had any returns or problems that I know of." I thought to myself "yeah I'll probably be the first." Well let me cut to the chase: I have had it now for 3 months and I absolutely LOVE MY MIA!! Every day for the first week, my skin was tight, my forehead was shiny and tight...almost like having a chemical peel or microdermabrasion. After the first week, I did think to myself "well this is very expensive product just to get clean skin, I may take this back." By the second week, my acne was completely gone and I think I went the longest I've ever gone without getting a pimple. I noticed how I could clean my face with a washcloth and then use the Mia afterwards, and I would still get makeup residue from foundation still coming off on the bristles. I began to think that maybe it was product still in my pores giving me the pimples the entire time. I get cystic acne and I have been using 65% lactic acid (makeupartistschoice.com) for about 2 yrs now which has completely helped my acne but I needed something that would help inbetween treatments. I was a bit afraid to see how my skin would act with the lactic and the Mia at the same time, so by the 3rd week, I was brave enough to try both but I didn't leave the acid on as long as I normally do. Not only does the Mia help with acne in between acid treatments but also with the dry flaky skin I get from time to time from using the acid. My face didn't purge much and I wasn't sure what to expect because I had already had a good skin care regime. I did get just a few TINY regular pimples just for the first week that went away quickly. My MIA is like a miracle to me, I truly have translucent, glowing skin for the first time since I was a kid. I do not take giving good reviews lightly, this product is a sizable investment and I'm not sure I would have sprung for it had I not had a 100 dollar gift card from Sephora but I sure am glad that I did!!

Lets be honest, not every product does everything it claims to and everyone's skin is different. For me the cons: 1) I can't say that its helped with any fine lines or sun spots/freckles. 2) Also, the charger, I mean come on....my cell phone can charge my drained battery a hundred times before my Mia gets one full charge. It takes over 12 hrs to charge and I have never even let it get completely drained yet. I'd rather have some standard charger that charges fast versus a cutesy charger that is unique like this one. 3) I have tiny blackheads on my nose and in my chin fold that no one could see but me and it has not fixed them at all but I think my pores are tighter in those areas so its hard for it to get to, so thats just my experience. 4) Your investment isn't over once you buy the MIA, you have to pay for a replacement head every few months.

Is it worth the cons? I believe...most definitely!! Make your own call though, these are my honest opinions. Email me if you want any other information and good luck!!

Video Reviews & Tutorials