Clarisonic Mia

4.2

Plastic

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

AWESOME!!!!!

I have suffered from bad skin for what seems like my entire life. I've tried every OTC medication and natural remedy I could but nothing could control it. It got to the point where my self-esteem suffered serious damage and I went to dermatologists to undergo laser treatment and tried various prescriptions. I haven't had to go back to the dermatologist in a while but I still had scars, hyperpigmentation, rough patches, and monthly- and stress-related breakouts I tried to cover up with makeup. Because my skin was so uneven, though, the makeup applied unevenly and made me look worse and often made me break out even more.

So last year I began to take more of an interest in makeup and skin and discovered Clarisonic. After reading the reviews on the Clarisonic and other similar products, I decided to take the plunge despite the $100+ price tag and it's seriously great. It's worth EVERY CENT, no joke. My skin tone has evened out, blackheads and bumps have decreased, scars are less visible, makeup applies evenly, and my skin feels completely clean. I even recently bought one for my skeptic boyfriend who has acne-prone skin, and he admitted that his skin has improved! :)

The only downside I can think of is the high price of the replacement brushes but as a long sufferer of bad skin, I can live with it.

on 4/27/2011 1:21:00 AM

At first, I really didn't like this product. I found it didn't do anything at all, even though I was using it as instructed; I really don't know what I was doing wrong. I stopped using it for a month or two, but one day I decided to start using it again and it's been around a month. I can't say the it has fixed the unevenness of my skin, but it has definitely helped the texture. My skin is much smoother now and the pores around my nose and around are much smaller. This also helps my acne scars heal faster, maybe because it's cleaning my skin much more thoroughly. Overall, I would say this is a good investment and I've seen an improvement in my skin.

on 4/27/2011 1:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I bought my Clarisonic Mia from eBay for about 119.00. I needed something to help me get rid of my acne and this was it! I'm deployed to Afghanistan so its really hard for me to keep my face from getting dirt all over it during the day. Though I thought the Clarisonic was expensive I decided to go for it anyway, the first week I broke out a bit, probably just because it was cleaning out all the pores and blackheads. If i had to go back and decide to buy it again i definitely would!

on 4/26/2011 12:56:00 PM

I've had this for 5 months now. I just bought the deep pore brush and I've found that the results are NO different than with my sensitive brush. Overall, I think this is an excellent exfoliation tool. It's not as harsh as acids, it cleans thoroughly, and makes skin baby soft. However, that's where it ends. My nose is still plugged with sebum, my acne is still present (at best it has diminished slightly), and my skin is still blotchy. I also know that there is a danger in using this too often in the summer when the sun is strong - your exposing freshly exfoliated skin to the sun everyday, so make sure to where a high SPF. It's overpriced for what it does, but with all of that said I'm glad I bought it b/c I can take all the help I can get!

on 4/26/2011 7:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

All hail the Clarisonic Mia!!!!! I am so in love with this little device. I had never heard of it before until a Philosophy rep at Sephora told me about it. I told her I would research it because I never heard of it. Little did I know what a gem I would stumble upon. My skin is so much better as a result of this. softer, smoother, cleaner, more radiant....and ever firmer. I saw results immediately and my skin felt tighter after just a few days. I love my Mia and if (heaven forbid) it should ever break I will purchase another one for sure.

on 4/25/2011 11:34:00 AM

I love my Mia! I debated for a long time about whether I wanted to buy one or not. I previously owned the iSkin from Sally Beauty, which is similar to the Mia but doesn't use a sonic system. After being unsatisfied with the iSkin brush head (it was too harsh for my combination skin), I decided to buy the Mia. It is expensive, but I'm glad I bought it. It reduced the number of blackheads and clogged pores on my nose and smoothed the rough patches on my chin, cheeks, and around my nose. I use it every night.

I do not use it to remove my makeup--since I normally wear a long-lasting foundation like MAC Pro Longwear, I remove my foundation first with cold cream and makeup remover wipes. Then, I apply Cetaphil to my Mia to remove any residue left by the cold cream. This ensures that I don't stain my brush head with the foundation, and it also removes every trace of my makeup.

I use the "delicate" brush head and immediately wash it with Dr. Bronner's soap afterward. Once a week, I soak the brush head (bristles down) in alcohol. I replace my brush head every three months or so. I charge my Mia once a month.

on 4/23/2011 7:24:00 PM

This product has transformed my skin! It is so smooth now.

on 4/22/2011 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I am pretty disappointed with my clarisonic. It doesn't do anything miraculous for my skin. Breakouts are still pretty normal and pore size still looks the same even with consistent use of my new deep pore brush. I think if you have sensitive skin the clarisonic can actually be too harsh for your skin. I think it is good for exfoliation even though that isn't what it is marketed as and good for makeup removal but that is all.

on 4/20/2011 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I like this product so much! I have it already for a week, a friend brought it from US and now I cannot imagine myself removing daily makeup without it! It leaves the skin so clean and soft, like a baby; it's also so easy to use, 1 min only and you have a fresh skin. I know this is not a cheap product, but it's a long-term investment for me and my skin :)

on 4/19/2011 3:07:00 PM

Let me paint a picture for you:
My skin, being oily AND flaky, used to feel like I had really dry, bumpy irritated skin wrapped in cellophane with Vaseline on it. (you are very welcome for that.) I was at my friendly neighborhood Sephora one day doing my usual "trial and error miracle acne treatment+exfoliator+pore shrinker+anti-ager+hydrater all in one" impulse shopping extravaganza, when I saw the cute little Mia. Granted, the floor model was filthy and slightly off-putting, but didn't matter. I knew that wasn't going to be MY Mia. After some lengthy Q&A's, I bought it of course, like I do with every product I set my sights on. And I felt the same way I do every time; discouraged.
When I brought home my darling little Mia, I plugged her in, and let her rest for a bit. That same night, I un-magnetized her (awesome magnetic charger!) and away we went. It was love at first wash! I felt like she broke my skin's "ugly" layer, and devoured it, never to be heard or seen from again. This device, is hands down, the secret weapon to a daily routine. I was not in the least bit disappointed, and my skin has never felt better. Not just felt physically, but it FELT clean. it wasn't stripped down to a dry patchy surface, it was a very gentle and penetrating clean. I felt like every pore was just being pulsed clean, and could definitely SEE my makeup just melting away. That's something my washcloth or any microfiber cloth has ever done. I didn't even know I WORE that much makeup.
:Time for the Breakdown, and why I'm keeping my Mia:
Now I do get cystic acne breakouts on my chin, jawline, and forehead. (awesome) I also have stubborn blackheads on my nose and chin. (awesome) I used my little Mia religiously for 3 months straight 2x's daily, and I had reduced my breakouts to maybe one during my special time o' the month. For some reason, I decided that my acne was "cured" and never coming back, so I stopped using her for about 2 1/2 months. WHOA. I can't even look at myself in the mirror right now because of the condition of my skin. It's back to where I started pre-Mia. I used it again this morning, and instantly wanted to kick myself (HARD) for not sticking with it! My lotion goes on and absorbs better, my skin looks more hydrated, my makeup goes on a nice fresh smooth pallet, and it just plain FEELS CLEANER!

For those of you who want to try this but are skeptical, I have one more reason why you should:
Do you shop around for the cleanser that leaves you feeling soft and supple but not stripped and shiny? Do you put on 8 pumps of moisturizer wondering "Why is it not absorbing?" or "Why do I still have dry skin AND oily skin after 8 pumps of moisturizer?"
There will be no need for a makeup remover. I use it with Neutrogena Naturals Pore Scrub at night and with the original acne wash during the day and it also helps the salicylic acid penetrate deeper, which I am sure is why my breakouts stopped with using it. The only recurring charge with the Mia will be replacing the heads every three months or so, which I still haven't done. (whoops.) I love my baby Mia, and now I love my skin :)

Popular Misc Beauty Tools