April 16, 2014 | 1498 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2010 3:40:00 AM More reviews by tiffhua

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm MAC NC35 and my color for this product is Stromboli. I never really dabbled with liquid foundation before because I was scared it'd be too thick and troublesome but really this product is amazing. It's very light on the skin and gives a good amount of coverage. My skin still shows through so it looks good and natural, not cakey at all. With that said, it does not cover all flaws, so if you have very bad acne or any other major problems, this probably wouldn't work for you. I have super oily skin and I was scared that this foundation would worsen the oiliness but it didn't! (But maybe it's because of the primer I used underneath...?) It gives a nice natural glow to the face, not matte or shinny, just a nice satin type of finish. Only downside is the $42 price and you have to buy the pump separate which is another $6.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2010 3:11:00 AM More reviews by AmyyN

I love this product it has a nice range of shades, the one that I have matches my skin tone perfectly. I do not break out from this product and it feels very light on my skin, but it also gives me enough coverage. The only thing I can find cons about this product is the packaging. I wish it came with a pump, the counter where I buy this does not sell a pump either. I apply four dots on my face and I use either a sponge wedge or a duo fiber brush to even it out, sometimes I use my fingers
(clean) which works fine as well. Also, it retails for 55.00 plus tax and lasts about three months (I wear it almost every day)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2010 5:27:00 PM More reviews by ssherices

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok, so I finally broke down and bought this. I just applied it with my fingers on one side and a brush on the other. I actually prefer my fingers for this one. (as well as my dior nude, but thats just me). As far as coverage this builds with so little and very easily. The finished product with a little mineral powder dusted over it is very ethereal. I love it. I bought this in fiji and it does have a yellow undertone to it...i havent looked at it in daylight but so far in my other lights its perfect. I am hoping daylight works as well because i love the finished result. It does blur lines and pores imo. I think this foundation is worth the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2010 8:25:00 AM More reviews by MargaritaLo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just purchased this foundi recently and was very excited to use it. I heard so much good reviews about it so i purchased the color barcelona. the color was too peachy for me.. There is nothing special about this foundation. I still need to find a way on whats a good way to apply this.
EDIT : I am loving this foundi now! I apply this with my barehands and voila!...its perfect!!! A little goes a long way.. so i only put a little amount on my cheeks, chin, nose and forehead then blend.
I wouldnt buy this product since i still have lots of it.. im planning on getting Chanel foundi.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2010 12:10:00 AM More reviews by aprlgrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have finally found the foundation which matches my complexion. I am olive skin with some yellow undertone. Its hard to find something which looked natural. I have tried Laura mercier, make up forever, mac, gorgio armani and so many other products. I love this profuct. Its just amazing.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2010 4:34:00 PM More reviews by Venia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I wanted to like this, but it just came off looking too thick and fake for me. It dried to a powdery texture and I don't really care for that monochromatic matte look. The color Ceylan was great, just not the texture. I like Estee Lauder Double Wear LIGHT much better and it is way less money.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/1/2010 9:32:00 PM More reviews by lovebug415

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm on a search for the ultimate foundation (who isn't)! I went to Nordstrom and went to a few counters for samples of foundations to try. I heard great things about this foundation so I couldn't wait to try it today, especially since i'm a huge Nars junkie! However this just didn't do it for me. It felt great on my skin, but the coverage was just ok and by the end of the day I could have used a touch up.. I guess my search continues.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2010 9:54:00 AM More reviews by Inca78

Ive tried many foundations to suit my break out and dehydrated skin and Im in love with this one.
Although its called 'sheer' (which it is) it has a buildable coverage which is good for me as I cant be bothered applying concealers and colour correctors. It feels really light and never 'gunky' or thick. I dont grease up, even after a long day and it doesnt aggrovate my acne. It doesnt last well if youre having a long day or night out which sucks, but the good far outweighs the bad for me. The colour range is great and they have soooo many shades on offer so Im guessing nearly anyone could find a colour that was perfect.
The packaging is not good imo. They really need to put a pump on the bottle to make it more user friendly.
But overall, this is my staple foundation and I wont be parting with it anytime soon.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2010 11:16:00 PM More reviews by yoonjungifer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This used to be my HG foundation before I started breaking out. I used to have pretty clear skin and I never really broke out... and if I did, they would be small tiny pimples. Now, I'm starting to break out with cystic acne. Not sure what's causing it but anyway, onto my review:

I have pretty dry, flaky skin. But it's kinda weird because I tend to get oily when I used certain foundations. This was certainly the case when I used the sheer glow. It goes on beautifully and looks amazing when first applied. I suggest using a brush and then blending it out with a kabuki or flat top brush. It looked great in pictures too. My skin looked flawless in pictures, actually.

But remember, this is when I had great skin. Now that I started breaking out, I noticed that it just doesn't provide enough coverage. :/

The thing that I liked most about the sheer glow foundation is that it doesn't get look "cakey" as most foundations do. It's very creamy and easy to apply. Finding your color match is pretty easy. And it doesn't turn "orange" hours later like most MAC foundations do.

But the lasting power is horrible. It does tend to get oily after a few hours. And I didn't particularly like the packing. I would much rather have preferred a bottle with a pump.

I think that if you have pretty normal, clear skin this is the perfect foundation for you if you're looking for light to medium coverage.

I loved it and will definitely repurchase once my skin starts looking normal again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2010 11:52:00 AM More reviews by sgr2008

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Yes I will buy again because I did already...
BUT I am still looking for the HG foundation, this is the closest I can get.
Not perfect but really really good.
I have tried lots of others, I am lucky enough that I am sometimes given some samples to try in the shops. And sometimes I even think I found better but no, not yet...
Until I find my HG, I will carry on using Nars.
I must say that for the first time I can use a foundation without my skin looking covered with dry patches after 3 hours, but then I don't think it is there anymore....
I am trying Chanel Vitalumiere at this moment, I will see and edit this review to compare, but anyway I have ordered another Nars because even if I find a better one, I know I will use the Nars one and even reorder again :)
I am never satisfied :P
I managed to order a pump for the bottle, what a relief !
but it should be easier to get hold of that pump !
For reference I am NC20-25 and have very dry skin and I use Santa Fe.