November 26, 2014 | 1627 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2011 12:46:00 AM More reviews by shipcaptain

I really wanted to like this product, but it didn't happen. I've had it about 2 weeks and I've been using it almost every day. The first time I used it it was a mess. It accentuated every dry patch on my face, pooled in my pores, and it wore off in patches after only about 3 hours of wear. Not to mention, it looked very chalky on my skin and not whatsoever "glowy". The next time I wore it I moisturized my skin beforehand and it seemed to work as promised and I got very excited. After that I've always moisturized but I do not get the same results, but the results are similar to the first time I used it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2011 11:15:00 AM More reviews by aer0057

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Formula was okay but not enough coverage. Color selection is terrible! Hope I can still return it. Packaging: What a mess!?!?!? And for the price why is there no pump????? Grrrrrrr!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2011 6:33:00 AM More reviews by yokki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I would give this 10 lippies if I could. This foundation is amazing. Holy Grail. The best foundation that has ever touched my face. I don't know if there is a better one.

I am a foundation junkie. ( The foundations I have tried so far : Laura Mercier - Silk Creme , DiorSkin - Nude, Lancome - Photogenic, Chanel - Pro Lumiere, Clinique - Perfectly Real Make up, Mac - Face And Body, Mac- Studio Sculpt.) Nars Sheer Glow beats all of them. The most amazingly beautiful finish it gives me.
The staying power is great. I don't have oily skin sheer glow stays on my skin with a primer for like 9 hours.
The glow of this product is so natural and beautiful.
Moisturizing abilities of this one is great also. It really improves my skin texture.

I have light skin with yellow undertones. Dior Nude 021, Mac NC 20 and Deauville is the perfect match.

Highly recommended. For me it's a miracle product.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2011 11:07:00 PM More reviews by xhanabi

When I first bought this foundation, I was really disappointed. It got rave reviews from youtubers and beauty blogs but I just didn't like it at all. I didn't see why it got such good reviews. I barely touched it for the first few months after I purchased this. My skin at the time, was not in great condition. I had dry flakes, and occasionally cystic acne. This foundation had accentuated all the flakes, pores, and lumps I had on my face. I would wear it to work just to "use it up".

However, after finally finding the right products to clear up my skin, this foundation is pretty good on a smoother canvas because it has good coverage. You don't need a lot of product at all since a little bit goes a long way with this foundation. I can go without concealer as well if I was short on time since it's medium coverage. I am now left with uneven skin tone (from the scarring of my pimples) and this does a great job in evening out my skin. It's become really easy for me to apply in the mornings before work since I actually prefer applying this foundation with my fingers. Either that or a dense flat top brush (to give more coverage). Lasting power for this foundation is decent, but not the best. It would be better if it was set with a powder, but if it's not set, it does transfer quite easily and I do get oily with this foundation so blotting is a must!

Overall, this is a good foundation for those who have relatively smooth skin, and just need to even out their skin tone. Probably best for those with normal skin type.

As for the packaging, it would lose big points if I didn't have a pump. I asked the MUA that sold this to me if she could give me a sample pump and she snuck me one :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2011 7:21:00 PM More reviews by fevers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love this! So it's not particularly sheer, but it IS glowy to an extent! I read a lot of reviews saying it was pretty matte but I suppose it depends how you apply it and how much you put on.

At first I used the ELF powder brush to stipple it on, putting a little of the SG onto a piece of clear plastic cut out from some sort of box for packaging, and then using the ELF to stipple (I used to do it on my hand but didn't like having foundation left on my hand and also found that it sank into my hand too fast).

I now use my fingers which apparently warms the product up... but to be honest I see no real difference - if anything I might go back to the stippling because I can control how much coverage I get from that. I find it works best when I work the foundation thin enough on the plastic "palette" so that the brush has barely any foundation on, and then stippling onto my face, leaving me with a very lightweight finish.

Sure it would be nice if it came with a pump, but my previous foundation (EL DW) didn't, so I guess I already got over it...

I use Fiji and match to Desert Beige in EL DW so I suppose that puts me at NW25.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/21/2011 2:08:00 AM More reviews by crazytlccool

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really liked this product to begin, but then I noticed that it didn't like to stay on my face! It likes to melt off throughout the day from natural oils. I also had some embarrassing rub-off onto my fingers that would transfer onto white papers I held. I used MAC Mineralize powder, and never had issues with setting other foundations. The foundation is too thin to cover up any flaws. It is so thin that it is streaky. I always used a stippling brush, but even with that it never went on as well as I wanted it to. I liked this makeup to begin with, but over time I realized it was more of a pain than it was beneficial. It was a relief to go back to my MAC Studio Fix Liquid!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2011 11:37:00 PM More reviews by soso2118

Ive been using Vitalumiere (chanel) for the past year amd a half but everytime I applied it I would find myself hating it, yet at the end of each bottle I d get a new one. I guess i was too lazy to go on the looong HG foundation chase Lol. Last month amd when almost finished vitalumiere i decided that it i had to find a good foundation, After a disapointing purchase of clinique s ridiculous pink toned foundations I stopped to think for a second Wait am i missing something, what about about the brand that never disapointed me? The brand that my cheeks life lol ?? N...N ...Nars !! Yes !! Although i know i spent way too much money on makeup this month my feet were literally dragging me to the nars counter, i get there, asked for help and first match was a perfection!! Stromboli was it. I found it my HG !!!
Pros :
Unbelievable blending it literally becomes like your skin.
Yellow toned (perfect for olive skins)
Makes your skin glow ( not shiny or oily like luminous silk ) more like it unifies the skin and makes look naturally glowy .
Cons:
Doesnt come with a pump
Heavy price tag
Doesnt cover ( but its supposed to be sheer so not sure its a con)
Overall for now i can say i found my hg foundation i love it and i would definitly re purchase !!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2011 10:18:00 PM More reviews by Fascinate

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

For an oily skin girl, I actually love this foundation! I was so afraid of looking like an oil slick but when I actually saw myself in the mirror, it seemed like I had a nice natural glow. I apply this foundation with a stippling brush and it goes on beautifully. The downside is that there's no pump but I went ahead and bought the pump on the NARS website for $5, the foundation is already $42 to begin with so it should come with a pump!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/20/2011 3:54:00 AM More reviews by britt151

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Worst product ive ever tried period!! it didnt do anything but ruin my skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2011 7:59:00 AM More reviews by Nemea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I quite like this foundation on my dryish, neutral skin (Dior 020, Kanebo 202/203, NC 20 is OK, but too yellow), but I think the name is a misnomer. It's not really sheer, rather medium buildable coverage, and where is the glow supposed to come from? To my eye, this foundation is quite matte, but not overly so. I find that if I apply it very lightly with my fingertips, the result is your skin, but better, so I'm quite happy with the results. But there are a few cons to it as well: The first one concerns the packaging without a pump. Why, oh why? Also, the cap is a bit weird as it doesn't shut tight in itself, but is rather designed in the same way as that of the nailpolish bottles from Dior or Chanel. Another con concerns the colour selection. The colours seem to run very yellow, and Deauville, which I chose, and which is supposed to be neutral, is still quite yellow. I suppose Mont Blanc is less yellow, but that is probably too light for me. But would I repurchase? I guess so, but then again, there are few foundations that I have actually repurchased, one exception being Dior Skin Nude, which is also not flawless (it oxidises and is a bit drying), but which is among the better ones out there.