September 23, 2014 | 949 users online

Hair - Moroccanoil - Moroccan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2009 6:49:00 PM More reviews by katlovesmakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I can never live again without this product. It tames the frizzy and keeps my hair from tangling beyond return. My hair is shiny and the scent is wonderful. It is expensive but worth it. The packaging is not so hot but it will not stop me from purchasing. I color at home and per my hairdresser 's suggestion, add 1 capful to the color and developer to make a treat for your head. This helps the color to stay richer longer also. Thank you Rachel, (my hairdresser) for talking me into trying!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2009 6:18:00 PM More reviews by jmfc592

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have very thick, dry, super course highlighted hair, and this makes it feel like silk. I use the oil after every shampoo and now use the new spray after drying and styling that is just great. I do think you should have very dry hair to use this product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2009 10:19:00 PM More reviews by ilasik

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I feel like I am in that story "Emperor in new clothes" where everyone pretends that the emperor's outfit is gorgeous but he is really just naked.
Am I the only one who sees nothing from this oil???
At least I found a small bottle for $9.95 rather than investing $30 or so. It does nothing - use a little and there is no difference, use some more and get grease. I have pretty normal straight hair which has become somewhat dry through coloring and getting some grays.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2009 8:33:00 PM More reviews by FracturedBroken

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have to say this stuff is amazing. Over the past few years I've fried my naturally black, curly, and extremely frizzy hair by dying it blond. No matter what product I used it wouldn't go straight at all. My stylist would get it straight, but then with the Louisiana humidity would cause it to frizz. So this product was my last effort to get it to be straight at least some of the time. It is a little on the expensive side, but then again I've spent a lot of money already on products. It smells very earthy and doesn't feel very oily at all. I have very thick hair so I have to use about 2 quarter size amounts on my hair. I use it with the leave in moisturizing cream and then let it dry over night. It's much smoother if I don't blow dry. It also works well when I wear my hair curly. When I use it I don't have to use so much product that my hair is stiff. This stuff is a miracle in bottle and just might be my HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2009 2:01:00 PM More reviews by tjones86

I read the reviews and wanted to get this product for awhile. I found it on amazon for something crazy like 70% off so I got a 4oz bottle for $15. After I found that, I felt as if I had to have it. With shipping prices it came to about 30 dollars, not bad considering I read some people paid 50 dollars for it. The product came in about 2/3 days so I couldn't complain too much, but WOW. It does smell amazing like eastern incense. Musky, indian type smell but it is very light. The oil is unlike any other I have tried for hair because it will soak into your hands even and I did not have to wash my hands. There was no oily, sticky feeling. It will absorb better than hand lotion (it did for me anyway). I mean, amazing I even started using it on my hands because it absorbs that fast. I have thick, curly, straight, half soft, half frizzy Italian hair and it doesn't do anything but smooth and soften for these dry winter months. My ends are no longer frizzy, I have no fly aways, no "dry feeling" and it doesnt make your hair heavy/sticky, just use a small amount at first and more if you feel your hair can handle. I do not use a lot because it is so precious I want to keep it for as long as possible.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2009 1:20:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

PIC added to profile (can also be viewed as one of the product photos).

This is one of those products I've had to use for several weeks before reviewing. For reference, I have long (bra-length), naturally wavy, brown black hair. It's not the kind of hair type that can be left to airdry, with or without product - it's definitely the type you have to tame. It gets oily at the roots very fast, which makes me the wash-every-day type; I've been told again and again that I simply have to train my hair not to get oily by stopping those daily washings, but trust me, my hair does not listen to that logic. It rebels by stinking.

My daily routine includes using a great detangling conditioner, and then a small amount of Frederic Fekkai's glossing cream. I always blow dry, and then either wear it in loose waves or straighten with a Chi iron. Considering the amount of abuse my hair takes, it's very healthy, with not a single split end. For weekly (okay, sometimes monthly - I'm lazy!) treatments, I use coconut oil.

My hairdresser introduced me to this, and I've been using it faithfully for weeks. Did my hair look and feel healthier, shinier, glossier? No more than usual. But it was when I wore it straight for the first time that I noticed a huge, discernible difference. First of all, it was ridiculously easy to straighten - there was no effort by the iron to glide down my hair. Next, it stayed straight, even with a healthy amount of snow falling on it as I walked from the parking lot to my office. Third, it was the glossiest I'd seen it since I got a colorless glaze treatment years ago.

Expensive? Sure. Worth the cash? Absolutely. My only complaint is the bottle (it still astounds me that oil companies will package their contents in glass). Not only is it an accident waiting to happen, it's not easy getting the exact amount you want out, which for me is about the size of two dimes. I put my palm over the opening, turn over the bottle and dispense it that way. I then distribute it to the best of my ability over the ends of my hair, and then blowdry.

Really fantastic stuff. I'm curious about the MoroccanOil styling cream - wonder if it works just as well.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2009 1:08:00 PM More reviews by ex0ticbarbie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have never actually owned this product but I have had stylists use it on me. I know some people who are beauty students so when I go to the beauty school to get my hair done, I talk to the teacher and students about what products are good for my hair. The teacher used MoroccanOil on my hair two different days when I use it and I can really feel that it makes a difference on my hair. My hair is naturally extremely thick, curly, long and frizz-prone. It also takes a very long time to comb it out and blow dry it, as well as straighten. When I wash my hair no matter how much conditioner I use my hair still feels coarse before I use products (and its not damaged. It is just the way it is). MoroccanOil makes it very soft, silky and manageable. It always speeds up the blowdrying process by a lot. The only thing that would stop me from buying this product is the price. It is ridiculously expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2009 9:10:00 PM More reviews by ksater

My hair is highlighted +++ & dry & curly. My stylist put some of this oil on my hair before she (partially) blow-dried it. I loved it! I now bought a bottle & the mask as well. For a long time i used John Frieda Frizz Ease but it seems that the fragrance began to be stronger or for some reason i became more sensitive to it. The Morrocan Oil fragrance is gentle. Love it!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2009 1:35:00 PM More reviews by LeslieCZ

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

MoroccanOil is a (new to my salon) styling product that came highly recommended by my hairdresser. I have thin, bleached, dry, frizzy hair. This product can be used on wet or dry hair or both (which is what I am doing). My stylist is right, this stuff is AWESOME! It's fairly expensive, but a little drop goes a long, long way. The packaging is rather boring, just a plain brown bottle with a wide opening so I am using a dropper to get a tiny bit of product out and not over pour. Following is a list of claims of "what it does" and I am happy to report it does what it says and it does it well:
-Softens unmanageable, frizzy, bleached hair
-Restores shine and softness to dull lifeless hair
-Strengthens brittle hair
-Promotes healing and provides nourishment to hair damaged by coloring or heat styling
-Creates an optimal balance for the hair and scalp
-Nourishes the scalp (alleviates itchy, dry scalp)
-Protects against UV damage and other environmental factors
-Reduces drying time and speeds up styling
-Does not weigh down thin or fine hair

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2009 9:56:00 PM More reviews by Santino19

I've been using moroccan hair oil (which by the way, is NOT a pure oil - look below for ingredients) now for 3 weeks, and while it isn't the be-all-and-end-all of all products, its definitely a good one ! I tend to use a little more product than most of the reviewers here (about a quarter-size worth) on damp hair and it definitely made my hair more managable & thicker in texture (I have fine curly 3a type hair for reference). It didn't weigh my hair down or make it feel greasy but at the same time, it didn't really give it shine either.

I'm also acne-prone, and I haven't seen any blemishes caused by this product - even though the first three ingredients are silicones (ha!). The price is a bit outrageous ($40 Can) and the screw cap is annoying - but on a positive note the bottle (3.4oz/100ml) should last me a year - so I can't complain there. Btw, the fragrance of the oil is to die for !

Here are the ingredients:Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Butylphenyl Methyl Propional, Argania Spinoza Kernal Oil (Aragan Oil), Linseed (Linum Usitatissimum) Extract, Fragrance supplement, D&C Yellow 11, D&C Red-17, Coumarin, Benzyl Benzoate, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone