April 18, 2014 | 1972 users online

Hair - Moroccanoil - Moroccan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2009 1:20:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

PIC added to profile (can also be viewed as one of the product photos).

This is one of those products I've had to use for several weeks before reviewing. For reference, I have long (bra-length), naturally wavy, brown black hair. It's not the kind of hair type that can be left to airdry, with or without product - it's definitely the type you have to tame. It gets oily at the roots very fast, which makes me the wash-every-day type; I've been told again and again that I simply have to train my hair not to get oily by stopping those daily washings, but trust me, my hair does not listen to that logic. It rebels by stinking.

My daily routine includes using a great detangling conditioner, and then a small amount of Frederic Fekkai's glossing cream. I always blow dry, and then either wear it in loose waves or straighten with a Chi iron. Considering the amount of abuse my hair takes, it's very healthy, with not a single split end. For weekly (okay, sometimes monthly - I'm lazy!) treatments, I use coconut oil.

My hairdresser introduced me to this, and I've been using it faithfully for weeks. Did my hair look and feel healthier, shinier, glossier? No more than usual. But it was when I wore it straight for the first time that I noticed a huge, discernible difference. First of all, it was ridiculously easy to straighten - there was no effort by the iron to glide down my hair. Next, it stayed straight, even with a healthy amount of snow falling on it as I walked from the parking lot to my office. Third, it was the glossiest I'd seen it since I got a colorless glaze treatment years ago.

Expensive? Sure. Worth the cash? Absolutely. My only complaint is the bottle (it still astounds me that oil companies will package their contents in glass). Not only is it an accident waiting to happen, it's not easy getting the exact amount you want out, which for me is about the size of two dimes. I put my palm over the opening, turn over the bottle and dispense it that way. I then distribute it to the best of my ability over the ends of my hair, and then blowdry.

Really fantastic stuff. I'm curious about the MoroccanOil styling cream - wonder if it works just as well.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2009 1:08:00 PM More reviews by ex0ticbarbie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have never actually owned this product but I have had stylists use it on me. I know some people who are beauty students so when I go to the beauty school to get my hair done, I talk to the teacher and students about what products are good for my hair. The teacher used MoroccanOil on my hair two different days when I use it and I can really feel that it makes a difference on my hair. My hair is naturally extremely thick, curly, long and frizz-prone. It also takes a very long time to comb it out and blow dry it, as well as straighten. When I wash my hair no matter how much conditioner I use my hair still feels coarse before I use products (and its not damaged. It is just the way it is). MoroccanOil makes it very soft, silky and manageable. It always speeds up the blowdrying process by a lot. The only thing that would stop me from buying this product is the price. It is ridiculously expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2009 9:10:00 PM More reviews by ksater

My hair is highlighted +++ & dry & curly. My stylist put some of this oil on my hair before she (partially) blow-dried it. I loved it! I now bought a bottle & the mask as well. For a long time i used John Frieda Frizz Ease but it seems that the fragrance began to be stronger or for some reason i became more sensitive to it. The Morrocan Oil fragrance is gentle. Love it!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2009 1:35:00 PM More reviews by LeslieCZ

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

MoroccanOil is a (new to my salon) styling product that came highly recommended by my hairdresser. I have thin, bleached, dry, frizzy hair. This product can be used on wet or dry hair or both (which is what I am doing). My stylist is right, this stuff is AWESOME! It's fairly expensive, but a little drop goes a long, long way. The packaging is rather boring, just a plain brown bottle with a wide opening so I am using a dropper to get a tiny bit of product out and not over pour. Following is a list of claims of "what it does" and I am happy to report it does what it says and it does it well:
-Softens unmanageable, frizzy, bleached hair
-Restores shine and softness to dull lifeless hair
-Strengthens brittle hair
-Promotes healing and provides nourishment to hair damaged by coloring or heat styling
-Creates an optimal balance for the hair and scalp
-Nourishes the scalp (alleviates itchy, dry scalp)
-Protects against UV damage and other environmental factors
-Reduces drying time and speeds up styling
-Does not weigh down thin or fine hair

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2009 9:56:00 PM More reviews by Santino19

I've been using moroccan hair oil (which by the way, is NOT a pure oil - look below for ingredients) now for 3 weeks, and while it isn't the be-all-and-end-all of all products, its definitely a good one ! I tend to use a little more product than most of the reviewers here (about a quarter-size worth) on damp hair and it definitely made my hair more managable & thicker in texture (I have fine curly 3a type hair for reference). It didn't weigh my hair down or make it feel greasy but at the same time, it didn't really give it shine either.

I'm also acne-prone, and I haven't seen any blemishes caused by this product - even though the first three ingredients are silicones (ha!). The price is a bit outrageous ($40 Can) and the screw cap is annoying - but on a positive note the bottle (3.4oz/100ml) should last me a year - so I can't complain there. Btw, the fragrance of the oil is to die for !

Here are the ingredients:Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Butylphenyl Methyl Propional, Argania Spinoza Kernal Oil (Aragan Oil), Linseed (Linum Usitatissimum) Extract, Fragrance supplement, D&C Yellow 11, D&C Red-17, Coumarin, Benzyl Benzoate, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2009 1:00:00 PM More reviews by angel27

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Awesome stuff. This is the first product that has actually penetrated my hair and helped make it stronger rather than just coating it.

I will be buying this for life!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2009 12:35:00 AM More reviews by Bowker2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm blown away! After reading the reviews i decided to get the 3.4 oz bottle off ebay ($27) I was so excited to try it out as soon as possible. I have tons of long, platinum blonde hair that is dry and frizzy without lots of attention. I usually use about 3 products in it every time i wash my hair. This one product alone has made my hair smoother and softer than it has been in years! Glossy, bouncy and just so SMOOTH! After towel drying my hair well i pour a nickel sized blob into my palm and rub my hands together, distribute evenly through my hair concentrating on the ends and then blow dry. It makes hair dry faster and the softness is instant. Also, this keeps my hair smooth until i wash it again! Usually my hair is rough and tangley by the next morning and looks dull. With this it stayed swingy and glowy so long i had to make myself wash my hair! The best thing about this product so far however is the compliments on how my hair smells! In two days i got five different comments! Pretty much every hug i got ended in 'mmmm your hair smells so good!' friends, boyfriend, even one of my hair stylist friends asked what shampoo i was using. I was so surprised especially because straight out of the bottle the smell seemed like nothing special. I really reccomend this, i have shelves and shelves of hair products and NONE of them hold a candle to morrocanoil! Definitely worth the price tag!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2009 1:00:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually have the hair mask. It smells gorgeous, sinks in like a dream, and made my hair very glossy. It was a bit expensive but I consider it a worthy investment. My next goal is to buy the hair oil. Argan oil is very expensive to get, so that also justifies the price. I found mine at a Pure Beauty supply store. It comes in a turquoise and brown jar. There is a silicone (dimethicone), but nothing a good clarifying shampoo can't remove. edit: Well, I bought the oil. It is by no means a miracle product for me, but it softens and tames frizz lightly. I notice a bigger difference when i'm flat-ironing my hair. It is shinier and stays smoother without feeling greasy. I also love the smell.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2009 1:31:00 PM More reviews by KamiSue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Using Moroccan Oil has become a beauty ritual for me. I bought this product five months ago from my hair salon and itís become a lovely part of the boring task of drying my hair. I carefully pour a teensy tiny amount of oil from the dark brown, glass bottle (I like its old-school, apothecary-style) into my palm until it spreads into a thin, dime-sized blob and massage it into the ends of my hair. It absorbs easily into my hair and I adore the smell, which I would say is Oriental. My hair is very low maintenance as I have short, straight, Chinese hair that is currently not coloured. I like my hair to look super healthy and shiny, with no flyaways. Iím not a hair product addict (I might treat myself to a Bumble & Bumble product at my salon once in a blue moon) and I have to admit I balked when I heard the price (CDN $40 incl. taxes!), but Iím happy with this purchase. This product didnít revolutionize my hair, but it did make it shinier, softer and delicious smelling. As only need a tiny amount is required for use, I can rationalize the price as this bottle will last me two years. Interesting fact: Moroccan Oil is made in Israel.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2009 10:12:00 PM More reviews by rachaelp

I have the best hair stylist in the world, and he gave me a full size bottle of this for free. I was so pumped because I wanted it anyway, and was about to spend $42 on it.
I pictured myself with long, flowing, glossy Blake Lively-esque hair after this...and am still waiting for that result. The pros: It smells great, applies to hair easily, and adds shine.
The cons: It's super expensive, the twist off cap is a nightmare, and it did nothing for my frizz. I guess I expected too much...