DuWop Lip Venom

2.9

Polyisobutene, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Flavors/Aroma, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea Leaf) Extract, D&C Red #7 Lake (CI 15850).

on 3/15/2005 7:27:00 PM

Did not like this product at all. I don't think it necessarily "burns", but it is very tingly and you just can't forget it's on your lips. And I noticed no plumping of my lips at all. The only reason it got 2 lippies is because it did give my lips a nice glossy look---but that's IT. Would not buy.

on 3/14/2005 2:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

It really DOES NOT BURN THAT BADLY!!!! Man, I've been reading all of these reviews and rolling my eyes. Here's a thought...don't use it on chapped winter lips! I think it feels great! While I haven't noticed a significant plumping effect, it definately brings out the natural color of my lips. My lips are naturally plump though...I think it's great! However, a bit too expensive for the amount of product...

on 3/12/2005 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this because I heard about this so much and it was a best seller according to Sephora. It went on with a little brush and was a THICK, clear gloss. It burned my lips like crazy (I think it was loaded with cinnamon and/or pepper) so of course they would appear to be a little bigger and pinker. Honestly, the way they felt was like they were huge...but visually, they weren't. I'd rather use a lipstick to make them look full. I ended up giving this to a friend..who ended up not liking it either.

on 3/12/2005 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

Wow. I don't know what's worse: the $16 I paid for a teeny, weeny vial of this or the massive burning sensation I have going on.

I can't see any difference in how my lips look, but the sparkles (I bought the silver flash Lip Venom) are pretty. Problem is, the gloss wears off almost instantly. Wish I could say that about the burn.

Paid $16 at Sephora. I wouldn't waste my money on this again.

on 3/7/2005 1:26:00 PM

I like how it feels and it gives my lips a nice shine. I didn't notice any plumping effect tho. I don't like the way it is packaged either, as it is in a glass vial with a brush.

on 3/6/2005 3:29:00 PM

Maybe it's all in my head, but this makes my lips look sexy! It doesn't last too long, though...
I like the brush applicator a lot. It does sting, but it's not unbearable, and I kind of like it! The gloss that it gives is nice and pretty, but not long-lasting at all.

I thought that the testers in Sephora were a special "tester size," but it turned out that the actual product is very small.For the $16 that I paid for it, I expect either more product or longer-lasting effects.

on 3/6/2005 2:38:00 AM

The only drawback is that this product is tiny - for what you pay. Besides the price and size, I *LOVE* this product! The size doesn't bother me, as I can fit it into any bag or my pocket. However, it should be a few dollars less, considering how small it is.

on 3/4/2005 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Love this! I'm on my third tube already and own 5 venom glosses and venom flash in gold and silver.

Makes my lips red and plump and full and gorgeous! The original and still the best out there! Absolutely amazing cult favorite <3

on 2/28/2005 10:04:00 PM

definitely does not do what its supposed to. I have full lips to begin with so maybe its a subtle diff. and i wouldnt have noticed, but i dont think it gives that "pout" i was thinking it would. As a gloss, its fine, but much to pricey for a regular gloss, IMO.

on 2/28/2005 8:10:00 PM

Venom gave me absolutely no extra fullness, but it does color my lips quite a bit, as they're ghastly pale.

I love the smell (doesn't taste like much), but it's pretty expensive...a little goes a long way, but it wears off fast.

Want the effect for way cheaper? Rub a cinnamon Altoid on your lips and throw on some MAC Lip Glass.

Regards to all...