DuWop Lip Venom

2.9

Polyisobutene, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Flavors/Aroma, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea Leaf) Extract, D&C Red #7 Lake (CI 15850).

When this arrived in the mail my best friend and I both had to try it right away. As we stared into the bathroom mirror, I developed noticeably fuller, pouty, sexy lips, while she saw no effect at all beyond the shiny gloss, so it clearly gives mixed results, which would account for the mixed reviews. My personal rating is high because it does work on me. I really love the clear high shine gloss too, and mixed with lipstick, wow, I'm all kinds of sexy. Unfortunately, the effect is temporary, so although it would be cool to wear to have my picture taken, or to make a sexy first impression, it's not something I'm going to wear regularly. Like the others, I think it should come in a bigger tube. It doesn't seem that overpriced, considering that it costs about the same as a Lancome Juicy Tube and does a whole heck of a lot more, but it just feels like a rip off when you open the big container it comes in and see that teeny little gloss in there. If I wasn't experiencing a serious lip gloss glut I'd be buying the venom gloss and venom flash, and I definitely expect to replace this when necessary. Oh, and about the burning--after reading the reviews I was a bit scared, but c'mon! If you can eat spicy food, you can handle this. The sensation is actually not altogether unpleasant.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

YES, it got a lot of press. YES, people rushed to buy it. i was one of them. NO, it's not worth all the hype. i had to ask my brother to buy me a tube and he was shocked at how much it costs for such a tiny tube. anyway, i was expecting too much i suppose. it felt tingly. tastes spicy-sweet, even. but no, it doesn't plump your lips. gives a nice gloss though but that's about it. with that effect, i could use petroleum jelly and it would be similar i think. not worth it.

Really like this gloss has a minty flavour..even though it stings its tolderable and after a while u get use to it...While its on, it really does plump up the lips

Did not like this product at all. I don't think it necessarily "burns", but it is very tingly and you just can't forget it's on your lips. And I noticed no plumping of my lips at all. The only reason it got 2 lippies is because it did give my lips a nice glossy look---but that's IT. Would not buy.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

It really DOES NOT BURN THAT BADLY!!!! Man, I've been reading all of these reviews and rolling my eyes. Here's a thought...don't use it on chapped winter lips! I think it feels great! While I haven't noticed a significant plumping effect, it definately brings out the natural color of my lips. My lips are naturally plump though...I think it's great! However, a bit too expensive for the amount of product...

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this because I heard about this so much and it was a best seller according to Sephora. It went on with a little brush and was a THICK, clear gloss. It burned my lips like crazy (I think it was loaded with cinnamon and/or pepper) so of course they would appear to be a little bigger and pinker. Honestly, the way they felt was like they were huge...but visually, they weren't. I'd rather use a lipstick to make them look full. I ended up giving this to a friend..who ended up not liking it either.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

Wow. I don't know what's worse: the $16 I paid for a teeny, weeny vial of this or the massive burning sensation I have going on.

I can't see any difference in how my lips look, but the sparkles (I bought the silver flash Lip Venom) are pretty. Problem is, the gloss wears off almost instantly. Wish I could say that about the burn.

Paid $16 at Sephora. I wouldn't waste my money on this again.

I like how it feels and it gives my lips a nice shine. I didn't notice any plumping effect tho. I don't like the way it is packaged either, as it is in a glass vial with a brush.

Maybe it's all in my head, but this makes my lips look sexy! It doesn't last too long, though...
I like the brush applicator a lot. It does sting, but it's not unbearable, and I kind of like it! The gloss that it gives is nice and pretty, but not long-lasting at all.

I thought that the testers in Sephora were a special "tester size," but it turned out that the actual product is very small.For the $16 that I paid for it, I expect either more product or longer-lasting effects.

The only drawback is that this product is tiny - for what you pay. Besides the price and size, I *LOVE* this product! The size doesn't bother me, as I can fit it into any bag or my pocket. However, it should be a few dollars less, considering how small it is.

Recommended for Medium Skin