September 20, 2014 | 1776 users online

Lip Gloss - DuWop - Lip Venom

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2005 12:02:00 AM More reviews by birdmadgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow. I don't know what's worse: the $16 I paid for a teeny, weeny vial of this or the massive burning sensation I have going on.

I can't see any difference in how my lips look, but the sparkles (I bought the silver flash Lip Venom) are pretty. Problem is, the gloss wears off almost instantly. Wish I could say that about the burn.

Paid $16 at Sephora. I wouldn't waste my money on this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2005 1:26:00 PM More reviews by BlackIris

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like how it feels and it gives my lips a nice shine. I didn't notice any plumping effect tho. I don't like the way it is packaged either, as it is in a glass vial with a brush.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2005 3:29:00 PM More reviews by allison125

Maybe it's all in my head, but this makes my lips look sexy! It doesn't last too long, though...
I like the brush applicator a lot. It does sting, but it's not unbearable, and I kind of like it! The gloss that it gives is nice and pretty, but not long-lasting at all.

I thought that the testers in Sephora were a special "tester size," but it turned out that the actual product is very small.For the $16 that I paid for it, I expect either more product or longer-lasting effects.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2005 2:38:00 AM More reviews by PinkLily

The only drawback is that this product is tiny - for what you pay. Besides the price and size, I *LOVE* this product! The size doesn't bother me, as I can fit it into any bag or my pocket. However, it should be a few dollars less, considering how small it is.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2005 10:30:00 AM More reviews by mixprints

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this! I'm on my third tube already and own 5 venom glosses and venom flash in gold and silver.

Makes my lips red and plump and full and gorgeous! The original and still the best out there! Absolutely amazing cult favorite <3

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2005 10:04:00 PM More reviews by kboston72

definitely does not do what its supposed to. I have full lips to begin with so maybe its a subtle diff. and i wouldnt have noticed, but i dont think it gives that "pout" i was thinking it would. As a gloss, its fine, but much to pricey for a regular gloss, IMO.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2005 8:10:00 PM More reviews by AlliACT

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Venom gave me absolutely no extra fullness, but it does color my lips quite a bit, as they're ghastly pale.

I love the smell (doesn't taste like much), but it's pretty expensive...a little goes a long way, but it wears off fast.

Want the effect for way cheaper? Rub a cinnamon Altoid on your lips and throw on some MAC Lip Glass.

Regards to all...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2005 12:50:00 AM More reviews by greenolive

i happen to like this product. it made my lips much pinker, andgave them a pouty, glossy appearance. however, i do not feel that they are any bigger.

i love the tingle. i don't find it burns at all. and the cinnaminty taste is great!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/27/2005 9:08:00 PM More reviews by jekki012

This stuff just burns and does NOT plump lips at all! I swear its all psychological! I tried this at Sephora to see what all the rage was about, and though it did make my lips slightly pinker, it did not make them any plumper (even my sister said so... and she is brutally honest with me!) I would never recommend this to anyone!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2005 12:59:00 PM More reviews by bartsgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My friend let me try this a few times. I didn't think it hurt alot at all, but I've had my lip pierced so I'm not sure about my threshold for pain hehe. I do want this because I noticed that they did seem plumper, redder, and all that. The gloss was glossy not sticky.