BeneFit Cosmetics High Beam

4.1

I really wanted a product to give me a natural glow without looking oily or overdone, and this totally did the job! I use it everyday in my makeup routine and since I've been using it, many people have told me that I look like I'm glowing. The packaging is fun and the application is unique, but totally works. This is a must have in your collection!!!

THIS. was so worth the wait. SO worth the price. AMAZING.

on 12/24/2009 4:40:00 PM

Love this product. HOWEVER, do not get this from the SF downtown Macy's Benefit store. The sales person who was reluctant to help me had a horrible atttitude. Then she grabbed a high beam from the shelf which was farther away from where the rest of high beam's were placed. She directly gave it to the cashier without having me looked at it (which I thought was normal). So I didn't think too much about it until I got back home and I saw small specks in the bottle!! I went back to the store the next day and the person there was trying to deny it at first, but when I compare it with the other ones on the shelf, it's SO obvious that the one I got was a bad product!! This story just teaches me to check my purchase before leaving the store every freaking time.

on 12/22/2009 2:20:00 AM

a very good highlighter! i don't use foundation or any base makeup because it gives me rash. i use high beam then benetint and looks good to me. i also apply it with no other makeup and my face looks newly washed. my friends bought high beam too and they match it with their blushes. it's a bit expensive but it's a wonderful product so i'll buy it again.

on 12/22/2009 2:15:00 AM

I like this product a lot. It gives your face a nice glow and it blends well with make-up or blush. Can be used under your eyes and mixed with your concealer. Will buy again.

The Benefit High Beam is a great highlighter. The texture is super smooth and refined. The nail polish style bottle adds the perfect touch and really seems to make applying the product super easy. What I really love is that it's actually a pretty inexpensive product since there is so much liquid highlighter in the bottle.

on 12/19/2009 9:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This product is a nice highlighter because it dosent have glitter and gives a nice subtle sheen, although its not a good highlighter by itself it needs a powder highlighter dusted over it to make it pop and set or else it will melt of your face.. packaging is cute but not practical and it has raised in price by 2 pounds not alot but dude we're in a recession... defintley other better ones out there e.g. no.7 highlighter twice the amount of product and brush applicator ;)

on 12/18/2009 7:58:00 PM

I bought into the hype for this product as I was hoping for dewy glowing skin. I just don't think that look is possible for me as this just didn't do much-it didn't show up at all on my pale skin. It's totally overpriced for what you get but does seem to last a while. I'm sure there's something cheaper out there that will work better for me. Will not repurchase.

on 12/18/2009 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

This product is a great highlighter and gives my skin a lovely understated glow .
I only need to apply a little, a couple of dots on the cheekbone will do and also on my cupids bow and the centre of my lips.
However, it is quite expensive yet does last for a long time, but you can get many cheaper alternatives which are similar such as MEMEME beat the blues highlighter for under a fiver.

on 12/15/2009 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I LOVE this. I dot it onto my cheekbones and up towards my temples in a "C" shape, and then pat gently to blend. It gives me a nice shimmery glow that doesn't look over the top. I also sometimes put it on my browbone, although I generally don't bother. The consistency is like that of goopy nail polish, and blends easily.

I think this helps make me look more awake and gives me a bit of a glow in the early morning when I need it! This is quickly becoming a staple in my makeup routine.

ETA: This rubs off easily and I don't know if there's something I can do to set it, so I have to be careful to remember not to touch/rub my face or it will transfer onto my fingers and the rest of my face. I've also noticed that since I tap the brush against the edge of the bottle to get rid of excess product before applying, some product ends up staying on the edge of the rim and drying up, and potentially wastes product.

That said, I still wear this regularly and am very pleased with it. I'm removing one lippie because of the drawbacks, but I still would recommend this product.

Video Reviews & Tutorials