April 18, 2014 | 2028 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder ] [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2010 5:47:00 PM More reviews by boise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This powder is great!! I am a Medium 1-2 in Maybelline products, but I also got the Dark 1 for conturing my face. It has a nice finish, long lasting and I love that slide mirror :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2010 2:40:00 PM More reviews by XxPRINCESSAxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Other

I used this powder with the dream matte mousse foundation and it sets it perfectly and gives you an airbrushed, healthy skin look. Not too matte/powdery/fake looking like Studio Fix. If you are looking for a good amount of coverage but less expensive, more natural looking and less expensive than Studio Fix, this is for you. I use this powder after doing spot coverage with Superstay 24hr foundation and concealer around my eyes. The powder on its own doesn't really provide any coverage, but gives a nice finish on bare skin or over foundation. Although I must admit for summer this doesn't work well on its own to control oil for me. For the price of this you can't go wrong. Trust me, try smoothing a bit of dream matte mousse foundation on with a foundation brush, then buffing this powder over it with a kabuki brush -- it is perfection.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2010 10:55:00 AM More reviews by littlejay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i cannot express how much im loving this ! its a perfect match colour wise, not too chalky, gives your skin a nice finish, and is just simply amazing! :) the only set back i find is its around 15 dollars, which isnt bad but i think it's a little much for a powder, overall i would purchase again!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/10/2010 2:07:00 PM More reviews by mountaingem

So I bought this because I was having a hard time finding my HG powder, Maybelline Shine Free in Ivory. Very, very few DS powders work on my NW 15 ppp skin. This seemed to be the next lightest choice, but was I wrong! This powder might work for ladies and gents that only use powder, but don't even think about using it over foundation! In the lovely humid 80+ weather here in Los Angeles it immediately oxidized to that wonderful fake bake orange color on me, and with my oily slick skin it caked terribly. SO gross-I had to go home, wash it off and start over. The hunt for decent drug store powder continues....

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2010 1:55:00 PM More reviews by skinobsessed1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am sooo neutral on this product. Yes, it does a decent job getting rid of any shine, but any basic powder does that. It's no 'softer' or 'smoother' than any other drugstore powder. I guess it's okay, has minimal coverage. It depends on what you're looking for I guess. I just feel like it's pretty average, not bad necessarily. Just save your receipt, it depends on what you look for in a powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2010 12:59:00 PM More reviews by nsnhearts13

I like this powder, it isn't the most amazing one out there, but I really do like it. Alot of drugstore powders break me out or dry out my skin, but this powder actually doesn't. It gives a nice matte finish without looking unnatural. My only issue is I wish it gave a little more coverage. Still, it is good and I recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2010 11:03:00 AM More reviews by kittenmitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This powder is terrible for setting makeup but that's fine because I use this to blot the oil of my face throughout the day. I can use this all day and still not look cakey. I believe that this is its only purpose because it has no pigmentation. Will repurchase forever and ever.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2010 10:28:00 AM More reviews by DragonRhia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I only use 2 or 3 drug store items in my make up stash...everything else is high end only because I've done so much research on my skin and the high end products really do a better job for me. This is one of my drug store brand items that I absolutely love. I've been using it almost 2 years now. I love the finish it provides on my skin and the coverage is minimal, which is what I want...my foundation or TM will do the job of evening out my skin tone, I don't like my powder to do that (it looks too chalky and fake to me when I wear powder make up). I don't like a 'dewy' look on my skin either, and this matte finish blots away all of the dewy look, doesn't cake in any fine lines, doesn't make my skin look chalky and wears for most of the day (one touch up is all I need). I love it over my under eye concealer too.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2010 4:52:00 PM More reviews by purplechickx3

I love this powder with all my heart ! It matify's my face leaving it flawless and the powder is not heavy at all, it legit feels like i have nothing on my face. Doesn't give the best coverage but for now, its amazing.
    best thing about it , it controls oil VERY VERY well !
    also, this powder does not make me look cakey at all !
    Love love love , this product . !
    and i have combination skin :)
    Oh and it comes with a nice mirror and sponge ! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2010 3:16:00 PM More reviews by Asianblondie

I love this pressed powder! I've tried many others from drugstore to brand names. I'd have to say this is my favorite. the powder itself is very fine textured, and goes on matte looking but still very natural. I have this in Medium 3-4 Honey and it looks great in the summer to give my fair skin tone some extra color. I highly recommend this to everyone and will be repurchase once Im done ( but it might be awhile since this last forever).