August 22, 2014 | 1623 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2010 9:20:00 PM More reviews by devabrooks

This was a good powder because it matched my very pale skin well, didnt turn orange or clog my pores, didn't cost much and was widely available. the one con about this is that it seemed to settle under my eyes a bit, making it look like i had lines under my eyes. Overall this stayed matte all day and i didn't get oily so i will repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2010 2:21:00 PM More reviews by hanhnee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I decided to try this b/c it was on sale for half price. I bought the darkest shade, Honey, for my summer tanned skin (NC40, maybe even 45 now). First I tried it over my MUFE HD liquid foundation to set it. At first it looked powdery, but after a few minutes, it warmed into my skin and created a soft matte finish that wasn't powdery looking at all. It stayed matte for most of the day, so overall a great buy for the price! I don't mind the swivel container, just keep your puff faced UP so it doesn't dirty up the mirror. I replaced the powder puff it came with (which isn't bad) with a MAC select sheer powder puff (which is too big but squeezed it in anyways). The coverage is medium. The next day I tried the powder on its own. Its not enough to cover blemishes or under eye circles so you still have to use concealer, but the medium coverage evens out skin tone and gives a pretty even finish to your complexion! I went back the next day and bought 4 more compacts while it was still on sale!! 2 in Beige for the winter, 2 in Honey for the summer :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2010 2:20:00 PM More reviews by UrbanxGoddess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have several shades in this and have repurchased twice already. I have VERY oily skin and this seems to really keep it under control without getting all cakey. I always have one of these in my bag for mid day touch ups. For the price I have not found any pressed powders I like better, Until the next best thing comes along this one will be in my stash. It is definitely worth a try.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2010 11:15:00 AM More reviews by mia91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

When I first tried this out, I was impressed because I was shine-free almost all day. I even came back from the gym at 9:30 pm and my face looked better than it usually does 3-4 hours after a shower when I don't use the powder (if that makes sense). Then I noticed that my skin started to get bumpy with those little under the skin whiteheads. They weren't red pimples, but you could definitely see them in a certain light. I also felt that as I continued to use it, I had to apply more powder to achieve the same shine-free look as when I first started using it. Even though I try to apply it as lightly as possible, I feel as though the oil soaks into the powder and leaves my face feeling like I have a powdery, cakey layer over my face. It just didn't feel natural. I have some left so maybe I will try it again, but I'll admit I'm kind of scared to because my skin is just recovering from the bumpiness. I know I make it sound scary, but this is just my experience. I have oily, acne prone skin that develops bumps easily. Go read other reviews, buy it on sale, and try it out for yourself!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/13/2010 9:22:00 PM More reviews by mzpkay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this product! I have extremely acne and clog prone skin and this does not break me out or clog pores at all. The coverage is sheer but I typically layer concealer and this over and the finish is wonderful<3
This never goes on looking cakey no matter how many layers you put on and the color match is good as well. I'm a NC20 and I wear this in the shade Sand medium. I don't mind the packaging being a little bulky; I actually like it, strangely enough. But the swiveling-out mirror is a bit weird. It's okay though because I don't use the mirror on this. Definitely going to buy this again.

Edit// 7.24.10
I think the talc (or maybe the mica that it "may contain") is irritating my skin. I'm getting tiny little bumps/clogged pores. sigh. It seems there are precious few products that don't irritate my highly sensitive and clog-prone skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2010 8:50:00 PM More reviews by PattyLovesMakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Hazel

This really controls shine and sets makeup. I will repruchase

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2010 5:47:00 PM More reviews by boise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This powder is great!! I am a Medium 1-2 in Maybelline products, but I also got the Dark 1 for conturing my face. It has a nice finish, long lasting and I love that slide mirror :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2010 2:40:00 PM More reviews by XxPRINCESSAxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Other

I used this powder with the dream matte mousse foundation and it sets it perfectly and gives you an airbrushed, healthy skin look. Not too matte/powdery/fake looking like Studio Fix. If you are looking for a good amount of coverage but less expensive, more natural looking and less expensive than Studio Fix, this is for you. I use this powder after doing spot coverage with Superstay 24hr foundation and concealer around my eyes. The powder on its own doesn't really provide any coverage, but gives a nice finish on bare skin or over foundation. Although I must admit for summer this doesn't work well on its own to control oil for me. For the price of this you can't go wrong. Trust me, try smoothing a bit of dream matte mousse foundation on with a foundation brush, then buffing this powder over it with a kabuki brush -- it is perfection.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2010 10:55:00 AM More reviews by littlejay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i cannot express how much im loving this ! its a perfect match colour wise, not too chalky, gives your skin a nice finish, and is just simply amazing! :) the only set back i find is its around 15 dollars, which isnt bad but i think it's a little much for a powder, overall i would purchase again!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/10/2010 2:07:00 PM More reviews by mountaingem

So I bought this because I was having a hard time finding my HG powder, Maybelline Shine Free in Ivory. Very, very few DS powders work on my NW 15 ppp skin. This seemed to be the next lightest choice, but was I wrong! This powder might work for ladies and gents that only use powder, but don't even think about using it over foundation! In the lovely humid 80+ weather here in Los Angeles it immediately oxidized to that wonderful fake bake orange color on me, and with my oily slick skin it caked terribly. SO gross-I had to go home, wash it off and start over. The hunt for decent drug store powder continues....