November 20, 2014 | 1648 users online

Eyeliner - Urban Decay - 24-7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Zero

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2010 7:42:00 PM More reviews by sallylinuslucy

I don't know why the rating on here isn't that high-- this is my HG eyeliner. I've tried about a thousand eyeliners, and this is the only one that lasts all day and beyond. It's true that I run the pencil a few times instead of just once, but it's just ten seconds and then all day I never have to reapply. This really is the best I've tried, and I've been using it for over a year now. Plus, it's super dark, which is what I want. Other liners are grey compared to it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2010 8:56:00 AM More reviews by kdimp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i really like this. i thought this product wasnt going to be as good as everyone was saying but i was pleasantly surprised. its very creamy but not so much where its unbearable to work with. its very black, and it actually does what it says, it stays on all day. its the first pencil liner i have ever used that doesnt need to be touched up. amazing. i hate the pricetag on this, but nevertheless i will still repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2010 4:32:00 PM More reviews by Staleygrl402

I love this pencil!! There's alot of pencil here which is good considering it's $17. It's a "soft" product when you apply it, you can either just let it set after applying or smudge slightly which is how I use it. Once you put it on, it doesn't move. The only pencil thus far I have used that truly doesn't run in the outer corner of my eyes after a couple of hours. Good quality & I will purchase again. I also have the bronze color and will be getting the eggplant color my next trip to sephora.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/10/2010 12:05:00 AM More reviews by gosh_grace

wow this is such a huge disappointment. i really wanted to like this product, especially for the price. this goes on really creamy, yet it isn't super pigmented, i had to go over it a few times to get the color payoff i wanted. this smudged sooooo horribly i can't even describe it with words. i have tried everything, new mascara, setting it with eyeshadow, powder. nothing works! utter disappointment. booooooooooo.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2010 9:50:00 AM More reviews by lusciouslash

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't have a place that sells UD products in my area, and so I decided to order a couple of UD gift sets that came out at Christmas from Sephora. Also, I live in Canada, and to get free shipping, you have to spend $120.
The only negative thing that I have to say about the 24/7 liner is that is it not more accessible to me!

REVIEW:
I'm a huge fan of this pencil. I also have it in Flipsyde, 1999, and an exclusive mossy-green colour that was in the gift pack that I'd purchased.
I wore the black it all day long, and the colour STAYED ON, and did not smudge to make me look like I had black all under my eyes.
For a pencil that does not say "waterproof" on it, I am extremely impressed. I always use black liner, and finding one that stays vibrant, does not smudge, and does not blacken the area under my eyes is very important to me.This pencil does all three. The 1999 pencil, however, was not as vibrant as the Zero, but that's okay, since I usually use black anyway.

COMPARISONS:
For comparison sake, I'll compare Zero to the Makeup Forever Aqua Eyes liner.

The MUFE liner pencil is waterproof, and it was all the rage for a while. So I bought it to try. I honestly like the Urban Decay Zero pencil better. It's more vibrant black, and the staying power is the exact same. The MUFE doesn't give a dark enough line for me, and you have to constantly sharpen it, which isn't the case for the Urban Decay liner.

I have also used MAC black liner, and it caused tonnes of black to fall under my eyes. The UD one is much, much better.

If you live in Canada, you may have seen the brand "Annabelle" at drug stores. They have a waterproof black liner that I used for years. I had always thought it was great, but somehow never made the connection that the black fallout under my eyes was from the liner. I had just figured that all makeup smudges by the end of the day. I no longer have to worry about this with UD.

The only other black eyeliner that I will now use is the Smashbox Jet Set Waterproof. It's a gel liner, so it will apply differently than the UD pencil, but it is my Holy Grail black gel liner. I wouldn't call the UD one Holy Grail just yet, but it is my favourite so far.

PROS:
--> does not fall under eyes and make under-eyes dark
--> stays on all day
--> vibrant black colour
--> easy and smooth application
--> creamy formula that can either be smudged or left alone

CONS:
--> hard to find if there is no Sephora in the area you live (for me)
--> more expensive than drugstore liners (but worth it!)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2010 1:52:00 AM More reviews by flauntit

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

For the price I was expecting a good eyeliner from Urban Decay, and it really did deliver.

People do complain about smudging, but I honestly don't see the harm if you was to use smudging for a smokey eye. But honestly I use this more for my bottom lashes and waterline. The color is incredibly dark, which is exactly what I want. I want the darkest black to line my eyes, always. Also when I use it on my bottom lashes, the color doesn't trail south and make me look like I'm tired or I was punched. Applying it is very easy, no tugging needed. The design is modern and nice, and for the price you get a large eye pencil that will last you a long time. I've used it a couple times and I haven't had to sharpen it yet.
Oh and the best part! It lasts for hours! Sure the dark color may not be as vibrant a couple hours later, but the color still remains. With most other eyeliners after a few hours my eyeliner has already disappeared from my waterline. With 24/7, I don't have to reapply it constantly.

I only have good things to say about this, I can't wait to try different colors. Only thing that bothers me is I don't want to spend $17 on an eye pencil, but when it's good quality I'll ignore the price.

Overall:
+ Great quality, lasts for hours
+ Great dark color
+ Stays in place, doesn't travel
+ Good size
+ Applies very easy
+ Nice package design
- Price is a little high

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2010 10:03:00 PM More reviews by emwo12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my go to black pencil liner. I typically use a gel liner on my upper lids only, with a white/pink/beige in my waterline. When i do go for a super dramatic look, I use Zero on my waterline, set it with the delux shadow (also in zero) and have had no problems whatsoever with it smugding (which is why I haven't given in and tried feline yet, although i'm tempted). Also, on days when i'm in a hurry (aka 8am class days) i use this on my upper lids instead of a gel liner, DON'T set it with a powder shadow, and haven't had any problems with it smudging. The only con I can think of (and its a small one) is that the cap doesn't stay on the other end of the pencil (not the tip with the product, but the other one, which is where i like to stick the cap while i'm using the pencil, much like how you would store the cap of a pen). It kind of bothers me that it pops off, but whatever, its not a big deal and doesn't affect the performance of the product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2010 5:23:00 PM More reviews by remmy

This eyeliner is one of my favorites! It's very creamy and glides on so smoothly. It lasts all day with minimal smudging when used with a primer. it also doesn't dry out my eyes when I put it on my waterline. That's a huge plus for me! The pencil is pretty soft though so you may want to buy the UD sharpener too since the tip breaks off easily when you use a normal sharpener.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2010 1:32:00 PM More reviews by milly1984

love this pencil, in fact the whole range - they glide on so easily i can do them one handed on the bus! they smudge, but only if you are messing about with your eyes! Not perfect for precision as they tend to be a bit too creamy for that, but for ease of application and intensity of colour i dont think they can be beaten

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2010 5:48:00 AM More reviews by Highskies

Its really good as it really does just glide on- so you don't need to worry about tugging on your lids and making wrinkles. However, it smudges quite easily. I found that I need to keep reapplying every few hours and the colour faded away on its own. Stays on better with a primer though. I would recommend this and repurchase again!