November 28, 2014 | 2005 users online

Lipstick - Clinique - Almost Lipstick - Black Honey

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2006 2:01:00 PM More reviews by JennBard

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this for the first time right out of high school in 1994, way before it became all the rage, you know, when dark colors just looked too scarey to try lol! Anyway, I've always had one on hand but I've realized that I haven't even reached for mine in nearly 2 years. It's just sitting there in my train case. Love the tube and sheer coverage but the shade just turns a reddish brown/berry on me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2006 10:03:00 PM More reviews by fireflyglow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hate to say it, but I really wasn't fond of this. From best to worst: The packaging is *perfect*. It comes in a thin silver tube that stashes away easily even in a small purse. The texture was so-so; if I didn't put balm underneath, it just sort of sat upon my lips and made them look wrinkly (and I'm 22!). The worst part was the color. Maybe it was my warm skin tone, but it looked bright purple-berry-- *totally* unnatural! I'll stick with Clinique's Different Lipstick in Guava Stain (my HG).

rated 2 of 5 on 6/19/2006 4:34:00 PM More reviews by ccaudill

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Nice shade but it only lasts for like 2 seconds! Yes, it's a gloss and you don't expect glosses to last but for the money I prefer Shiseido's Honey Tea or even Lipsmacker's Dr. Pepper. A great shade for going to the beach, but doesn't layer well.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2006 6:38:00 PM More reviews by islandgirl_001

Love, love, love this lip color! I've been using this for about 10 years. I'm a lipstick/lipgloss fanatic but keep this in my collection as a staple. Very flattering on almost all skintones.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2006 12:16:00 PM More reviews by lanae87

I had Black Honey in the gloss, but I find it goes "bad" quickly (thick, goopey, hard to spread) so someone on the MU board recommended I try the Almost Lipstick formula. I like this much better - creamy and silky and staying power is good. Same great classic berry stain I have loved for years. Will buy this instead of the gloss from now on.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2006 11:50:00 PM More reviews by LuLuitchka

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

if this product is ever discontinued, i will take to the streets. it's YLBB. i've tried other lippies and return to black honey without fail. i've been using this for *years*. definitely a staple. i buy two whenever my local clinique counter has the GWP.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2006 8:31:00 PM More reviews by tweetiebird

I first tried this color as a teen, and it still doesn't work for me. For reference, I'm asian with NC35/C4 coloring/Chanel med beige 4 with dark hair and eyes.
The color itself is pretty, a sheer purply berry color - the tone just looked off on my coloring. It never looks quite right, no matter what lighting I'm in. The texture and staying power is good, but I prefer the denser lipglosses for a higher impact shine. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2006 3:03:00 PM More reviews by autoxchica

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this color...it's a reddish gloss that looks great with my pale but rosy skin. A good choice if you want a gloss that actually looks red on your lips, not just in the package.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2006 11:25:00 AM More reviews by timtum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this as a gift from my sister. I love this color. It is very pretty. I like it a lot. I mixed this with a little bit of gold gloss with it once in awhile and it looked beautiful.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2006 4:50:00 PM More reviews by neverseenblue

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This gives a nice enough berry stain to my lips. The problem is that berries don't look very flattering on me. The colour is just too... purple, or something. I think I was expecting the colour to be a bit more neutral, which I don't think it is, and a bit more sheer. It definitely comes out too dark on me. It's a nice enough colour, but nothing special, in my opinion. It also just plain doesn't suit me.

EDIT: I'm coming around to this colour. I just have to wear very little other makeup and it looks okay.