March 1, 2015 | 1137 users online

Lipstick - Clinique - Almost Lipstick - Black Honey

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2006 12:30:00 PM More reviews by paintedtoes

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have tried this on and off for close to 30 years and it always goes too orange on me which is unusual for the Clinque lipsticks/glosses of all types. Ah, well... NW 20, brown hair, green eyes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2006 7:07:00 AM More reviews by lucdiaz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a universally flattering shade that looks scary deep purple in the tube but actually just comes on glossy with a hint of color very similar to natural lip color. You can build the color up to a deeper shade. The formula is smooth and moisturizing. You cannot go wrong with this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2006 7:03:00 AM More reviews by Rebrich

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My all-time favourite lip colour! Sheer, buildable colour that you can layer on for a stronger look. Moisturising but non-greasy and SPF15. Even my boyfriend, who hates makeup, likes this on me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2006 10:49:00 AM More reviews by BunnyRabbit21

I stopped by the Clinique counter last night and said I wanted to try this "black honey" shade everybody raves about. The MA obliged me, and I have to say that I really, really like this product. It looks really scary in the tube (super dark), but like everyone here has said, it goes on sheer. This is the most comfortable lipstick I've ever worn - feels a lot like a balm. It didn't dry my lips out, and it lasted a pretty long time for me. I love the slim silver case, too - very pretty. I'm a PPP and I think this is a nice color for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2006 9:52:00 PM More reviews by iceprncss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great color for everyone. A sheer natural berry. At first it looks too dark, but it is so sheer - almost like a balm - that it flatters all skin tones without looking like you're wearing a ton of make-up. The only problem is that the color does not last as long as I'd like, but I guess you can't always have everything. Clinique's Almost lipsticks are also very nice for teens starting out wearing make-up.....although that was many years ago for me. Keep one in your desk and in your purse...you won't b sorry.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2006 2:34:00 AM More reviews by flipthecoin888

I bought this since a lot of friends claim this is fool-proof. And I do agree that this is a YLBB shade. Works well on my PPP NC15 tone. I'm happy about the price too, one of the cheapest among the department store brands. Took a lippie off because I reapply every hour or so. I think this will work better for dark(er) haired women. Universally flattering though. NC15 PPP for reference.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2006 10:07:00 PM More reviews by tiddleywinks

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I jumped on the bandwagon, and found this on Ebay. There seems to be quite a bit of competition for this, so the price tends to be between $15-20. While pretty, it is essentially a lip balm with a bit of shine, with minimal lasting power. It is a pretty shade, a nice warm berry/plum on my NC20/25 complexion. If you are looking for this product at a better price, it is identical to the L'oreal Colour Juice Sticks that are available at drugstores and discount giants. Personally, I would not bother purchasing it again (For goodness sake, I saw a couple of listings for the Almost Lipstick in Ruby Melt for $45.00. Yikes. For lip balm!).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2006 10:16:00 PM More reviews by swimchick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love Love Love IT! The perfect sheer berry lip stick. I'm on my second tube. Very glossy and such a great color - especially for fall! This gives lips a just bitten and in from the cold look! Perfect! I also love how the tube looks like a mirror! A great product! This is also the lippie that was used on Liv Tyler in The Lord of the Rings - always a plus!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2006 5:22:00 PM More reviews by jamejame

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

One of my favorites. I'm very fair, so I thought it wouldn't look good, but it's wonderful. Last year I convinced 7 of my fellow nurses to try it and they all loved it and it looks great on everyone, although we all have very different skin tones and hair color. It really is universally flattering.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2006 2:01:00 PM More reviews by JennBard

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this for the first time right out of high school in 1994, way before it became all the rage, you know, when dark colors just looked too scarey to try lol! Anyway, I've always had one on hand but I've realized that I haven't even reached for mine in nearly 2 years. It's just sitting there in my train case. Love the tube and sheer coverage but the shade just turns a reddish brown/berry on me.