Clinique Almost Lipstick - Black Honey

4.1

castor seed oil, cetyl ricinoleate, glyceryl triacetyl ricinoleate, candelila wax, carnauba wax, polyethylene, tocopheryl acetate [ yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), red 33 lake (ci 17200), red 28 lake (ci 45410), red 6 lake (ci 15850), blue 1 (ci 42090), iron oxides (ci 77491, 77492, 77499), red 7 lake (ci 15850), mica, bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), red 30 lake (ci 73360), carmine (ci 75470), manganese violet (ci 77742), red 22 lake (ci 45380), titanium dioxide (ci 77891), red 21 lake (ci 45380), yellow 6 lake (ci 15850), red 27 lake (ci 45410), orange 5 (ci 45370), red 36 (ci 12085)]

I can't wear this by itself. It's just way too dark on me so I don't reach for it often. Mostly when I want a more business-like look. But it looks sensational either under a lighter gloss, or over a lip balm. Great for the office.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Easily my favorite lip color EVER. Looked forever for a red shade that wouldn't look orange - or just bad...You can layer it for more intense color. If you do, it takes on more of a black raspberry feel. I haven't found it drying... If I had any complaint, it would just be that I wish it lasted longer...

I like the sheer colour and the slim shape applicator. However I found on first application that it dried my lips. Will be using a lip balm with this one. I like the colour, very complimentary, sheer, smooth and glossy - makes my teeth look white and compliments my skin tone. UPDATE: Nope never could get this to look good. The product isn't dense enough to give smooth opaque application for such a dark goth-like colour - came out blotchy all the time and quickly ran into any little lines. Sloppy and weird looking results. Finally threw it away after ages of trying it in different situations.

This was ok.. a little expensive but an overall great product!

An amazing color, give a natural healthy look to your lips. Not heavy or sticky. I will always have this in my makeup bag.

Very pretty! The color looks a bit like my lips have been stained by eating berries. This isn't completely opaque, it's more of a wash of color. It lasts a couple of hours before I really need to reapply it. IMO, this is a red that will flatter most skin tones. It isn't too harsh, bright, dark or light. Don't be afraid of the color in the tube, it looks nothing like that once applied.

When I first started using Clinique products, the SAs had literally huge containers of this lipstick, and in this particular shade, to give away. I am not sure if this was when this range first came out, or because they always give away the most ridiculous colours. This is sort of like a translucent gel like lipstick, and the colour goes on sheer. I have naturally dark pigmented lips and olive/yellow undertones, so this shade does not suit me.

Legions of chic women everywhere keep a tube of Black Honey in their makeup bag. It's the 'go to' for non-mirror application. Leaves lips with a raisinette, slightly shiny finish. This can be drying, however, so I recommend a lip balm. Of course, I always recommend a lip balm.

This is a woman's version of a lip gloss. Light, not sticky, sheer. Good shine, moist. Gives you a stained look - like you got raspberry or blackberry juice on your lips. One recommendation, use a lip liner, lip primer or foundation/powder if you have lost your defined lip line, tends to feather and look messy then you start looking a pinch blowzy (anyone over 40 knows what I mean). Otherwise, love it!

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This has been a staple in my makeup bag since high school. The color in the tube is pretty scary but don't be put off! It'll look like a wonderful transparent glossy reddish/brownish color on your lips that is flattering to a large array of skin tones. My skin is very fair and usually anything with brown in it makes me look like I'm sick. Black Honey, however is perfect. Definitely worth a try!

Recommended for Medium Skin