Clinique Almost Lipstick - Black Honey

4.1

castor seed oil, cetyl ricinoleate, glyceryl triacetyl ricinoleate, candelila wax, carnauba wax, polyethylene, tocopheryl acetate [ yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), red 33 lake (ci 17200), red 28 lake (ci 45410), red 6 lake (ci 15850), blue 1 (ci 42090), iron oxides (ci 77491, 77492, 77499), red 7 lake (ci 15850), mica, bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), red 30 lake (ci 73360), carmine (ci 75470), manganese violet (ci 77742), red 22 lake (ci 45380), titanium dioxide (ci 77891), red 21 lake (ci 45380), yellow 6 lake (ci 15850), red 27 lake (ci 45410), orange 5 (ci 45370), red 36 (ci 12085)]

on 10/3/2006 10:32:00 PM

When I first started using Clinique products, the SAs had literally huge containers of this lipstick, and in this particular shade, to give away. I am not sure if this was when this range first came out, or because they always give away the most ridiculous colours. This is sort of like a translucent gel like lipstick, and the colour goes on sheer. I have naturally dark pigmented lips and olive/yellow undertones, so this shade does not suit me.

on 9/29/2006 4:00:00 PM

Legions of chic women everywhere keep a tube of Black Honey in their makeup bag. It's the 'go to' for non-mirror application. Leaves lips with a raisinette, slightly shiny finish. This can be drying, however, so I recommend a lip balm. Of course, I always recommend a lip balm.

on 9/20/2006 5:04:00 PM

This is a woman's version of a lip gloss. Light, not sticky, sheer. Good shine, moist. Gives you a stained look - like you got raspberry or blackberry juice on your lips. One recommendation, use a lip liner, lip primer or foundation/powder if you have lost your defined lip line, tends to feather and look messy then you start looking a pinch blowzy (anyone over 40 knows what I mean). Otherwise, love it!

on 9/11/2006 1:01:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This has been a staple in my makeup bag since high school. The color in the tube is pretty scary but don't be put off! It'll look like a wonderful transparent glossy reddish/brownish color on your lips that is flattering to a large array of skin tones. My skin is very fair and usually anything with brown in it makes me look like I'm sick. Black Honey, however is perfect. Definitely worth a try!

on 9/11/2006 12:04:00 PM

This is one of my favorite Clinique lip colors. I have used this one off and on for years. It looks very dark but on it is a very sheer raspberry. I think that this color would look good on almost any skin coloring. I highly recommend this shade.

on 9/10/2006 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Bought today, used to use the black honey they priginally made in a pot. This is a great gloss since now you can't have anything "wet" in your carry on. Gives good shine, moist, and for me - a great lucious stained blackberry/raspberry "just bitten" color. Works with my skin tone (asian, med, slightly tanned) and I love the slender tube. Will be great for Fall and Winter day "natural" yet kinda stained lip look.

on 9/9/2006 5:45:00 PM

Definite HG material. Black Honey looks almost black in the slim silver tube, but it goes on a deep raspberry. Beautiful. I think it look great with my summer tan or naturally fair skin. I wish it lasted longer. It has the staying power of a lipgloss but it's not sticky like one. I love it.

on 9/8/2006 11:13:00 PM

Nice colour and texture but a little dark on me. Not the versatile MLBB colour I expected.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a beautiful lipstick. I only wear this on special occasions because it is somewhat dark. This can complement any complexion. For better intensity, wear gloss on top.

on 8/31/2006 5:56:00 PM

This is my HG for lipsticks, I can't believe anyone would give this a negative review. It has the perfect balance of shine and color, I just love it. The Black Honey color looks great on my cool-toned skin, I'm not sure how it would look on warmer tones though. Every time I wear it, I get at least one compliment!

Recommended for Medium Skin