July 31, 2014 | 986 users online

Lipstick - Clinique - Almost Lipstick - Black Honey

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2006 4:50:00 PM More reviews by neverseenblue

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This gives a nice enough berry stain to my lips. The problem is that berries don't look very flattering on me. The colour is just too... purple, or something. I think I was expecting the colour to be a bit more neutral, which I don't think it is, and a bit more sheer. It definitely comes out too dark on me. It's a nice enough colour, but nothing special, in my opinion. It also just plain doesn't suit me.

EDIT: I'm coming around to this colour. I just have to wear very little other makeup and it looks okay.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2006 9:15:00 PM More reviews by jowork

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my new HG lipstick/lipgloss. I love the texture -- almost like a dryer lipbalm. Love the color -- it gives my lips natural looking color, not like I'm really wearing lipstick. The other day, after foundationing and powdering my face, some of the powder remained on my lips. I tried Almost Lipstick over my powdered lips and it looked fantastic -- the color was more muted and more natural. I pray that Clinique never discontinues this lipstick -- I don't think I will need to buy another lipstick/gloss again. For reference, I am a CCC, MAC NC43.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2006 7:48:00 PM More reviews by AZsugarpie

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2006 3:00:00 AM More reviews by ahoffert

This is the best lipstick (if you want to call it that) around. It looks super dark like a vixeny maroon color, but it's super sheer when you put it on. It feels just like a lip balm - very smooth and moisturizing but not sticky or slippery. It comes in a nice slim, silver tube and for less than $20 it's a great deal. I've been buying this shade for over 5 years.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/26/2006 3:38:00 AM More reviews by LadyInsane

Most comfortable lipstick in existance; it may as well be a lipbalm for the colour it provides.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2006 2:50:00 PM More reviews by kcalabrese

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the texture of this lipstick, it feels nothing lipstick! I just wish there was a better selection of colors, the only other one I would've bought was discontinued!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2006 8:47:00 AM More reviews by Journey03

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very pretty reddish brown SHEER color. Looks very intimidating in the tube, but very pretty on. I am so glad I got this. Will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2006 4:45:00 PM More reviews by Canuck317

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this lipstick more than any of my MAC lipsticks. And I'm a MAC junkie, but I wear Black Honey 95% of the time. A beautiful sheer color, a great shine, no shimmer....which is rare because everything these days seems to be shimmer-overload. It's perfect for "just mascara and a baseball cap running out to the grocery store", or for full-makeup days. Definitely my HG of lipsticks.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2006 5:38:00 PM More reviews by sunhoney

i alternate between mac lipsticks and this awesome clinique lipstick. i love most versatile lipstick shades and this is one of them. it looks really dark in the long thin silver tube it comes in and while it does certainly give a noticable soft brown color it is not at all goth dark hence the name 'almost lipstick'. i love it and best of all it does not dry my lips, was one of their best sellers according to the SA when i started wearing it about 5 years ago, don't know about now.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2006 7:13:00 PM More reviews by kristenmc1218

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like the texture and sheerness of this lipstick, but it is too brown for my cool nw20 complexion. It looks, well, dirty...I wish the brown were better balanced by the berry, so I'll stick with Paula Dorf's Spunky, which has a similar texture but better color for me. I can see that this would be great for those with neutral or warm tones, though.