December 21, 2014 | 1923 users online

Lipstick - Clinique - Almost Lipstick - Black Honey

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2006 9:52:00 PM More reviews by iceprncss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great color for everyone. A sheer natural berry. At first it looks too dark, but it is so sheer - almost like a balm - that it flatters all skin tones without looking like you're wearing a ton of make-up. The only problem is that the color does not last as long as I'd like, but I guess you can't always have everything. Clinique's Almost lipsticks are also very nice for teens starting out wearing make-up.....although that was many years ago for me. Keep one in your desk and in your purse...you won't b sorry.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2006 2:34:00 AM More reviews by flipthecoin888

I bought this since a lot of friends claim this is fool-proof. And I do agree that this is a YLBB shade. Works well on my PPP NC15 tone. I'm happy about the price too, one of the cheapest among the department store brands. Took a lippie off because I reapply every hour or so. I think this will work better for dark(er) haired women. Universally flattering though. NC15 PPP for reference.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2006 10:07:00 PM More reviews by tiddleywinks

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I jumped on the bandwagon, and found this on Ebay. There seems to be quite a bit of competition for this, so the price tends to be between $15-20. While pretty, it is essentially a lip balm with a bit of shine, with minimal lasting power. It is a pretty shade, a nice warm berry/plum on my NC20/25 complexion. If you are looking for this product at a better price, it is identical to the L'oreal Colour Juice Sticks that are available at drugstores and discount giants. Personally, I would not bother purchasing it again (For goodness sake, I saw a couple of listings for the Almost Lipstick in Ruby Melt for $45.00. Yikes. For lip balm!).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2006 10:16:00 PM More reviews by swimchick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love Love Love IT! The perfect sheer berry lip stick. I'm on my second tube. Very glossy and such a great color - especially for fall! This gives lips a just bitten and in from the cold look! Perfect! I also love how the tube looks like a mirror! A great product! This is also the lippie that was used on Liv Tyler in The Lord of the Rings - always a plus!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2006 5:22:00 PM More reviews by jamejame

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

One of my favorites. I'm very fair, so I thought it wouldn't look good, but it's wonderful. Last year I convinced 7 of my fellow nurses to try it and they all loved it and it looks great on everyone, although we all have very different skin tones and hair color. It really is universally flattering.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2006 2:01:00 PM More reviews by JennBard

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this for the first time right out of high school in 1994, way before it became all the rage, you know, when dark colors just looked too scarey to try lol! Anyway, I've always had one on hand but I've realized that I haven't even reached for mine in nearly 2 years. It's just sitting there in my train case. Love the tube and sheer coverage but the shade just turns a reddish brown/berry on me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2006 10:03:00 PM More reviews by fireflyglow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hate to say it, but I really wasn't fond of this. From best to worst: The packaging is *perfect*. It comes in a thin silver tube that stashes away easily even in a small purse. The texture was so-so; if I didn't put balm underneath, it just sort of sat upon my lips and made them look wrinkly (and I'm 22!). The worst part was the color. Maybe it was my warm skin tone, but it looked bright purple-berry-- *totally* unnatural! I'll stick with Clinique's Different Lipstick in Guava Stain (my HG).

rated 2 of 5 on 6/19/2006 4:34:00 PM More reviews by ccaudill

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Nice shade but it only lasts for like 2 seconds! Yes, it's a gloss and you don't expect glosses to last but for the money I prefer Shiseido's Honey Tea or even Lipsmacker's Dr. Pepper. A great shade for going to the beach, but doesn't layer well.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2006 6:38:00 PM More reviews by islandgirl_001

Love, love, love this lip color! I've been using this for about 10 years. I'm a lipstick/lipgloss fanatic but keep this in my collection as a staple. Very flattering on almost all skintones.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2006 12:16:00 PM More reviews by lanae87

I had Black Honey in the gloss, but I find it goes "bad" quickly (thick, goopey, hard to spread) so someone on the MU board recommended I try the Almost Lipstick formula. I like this much better - creamy and silky and staying power is good. Same great classic berry stain I have loved for years. Will buy this instead of the gloss from now on.