July 22, 2014 | 2491 users online

Lipstick - Clinique - Almost Lipstick - Black Honey

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2006 7:48:00 PM More reviews by AZsugarpie

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2006 3:00:00 AM More reviews by ahoffert

This is the best lipstick (if you want to call it that) around. It looks super dark like a vixeny maroon color, but it's super sheer when you put it on. It feels just like a lip balm - very smooth and moisturizing but not sticky or slippery. It comes in a nice slim, silver tube and for less than $20 it's a great deal. I've been buying this shade for over 5 years.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/26/2006 3:38:00 AM More reviews by LadyInsane

Most comfortable lipstick in existance; it may as well be a lipbalm for the colour it provides.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2006 2:50:00 PM More reviews by kcalabrese

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the texture of this lipstick, it feels nothing lipstick! I just wish there was a better selection of colors, the only other one I would've bought was discontinued!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2006 8:47:00 AM More reviews by Journey03

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very pretty reddish brown SHEER color. Looks very intimidating in the tube, but very pretty on. I am so glad I got this. Will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2006 4:45:00 PM More reviews by Canuck317

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this lipstick more than any of my MAC lipsticks. And I'm a MAC junkie, but I wear Black Honey 95% of the time. A beautiful sheer color, a great shine, no shimmer....which is rare because everything these days seems to be shimmer-overload. It's perfect for "just mascara and a baseball cap running out to the grocery store", or for full-makeup days. Definitely my HG of lipsticks.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2006 5:38:00 PM More reviews by sunhoney

i alternate between mac lipsticks and this awesome clinique lipstick. i love most versatile lipstick shades and this is one of them. it looks really dark in the long thin silver tube it comes in and while it does certainly give a noticable soft brown color it is not at all goth dark hence the name 'almost lipstick'. i love it and best of all it does not dry my lips, was one of their best sellers according to the SA when i started wearing it about 5 years ago, don't know about now.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2006 7:13:00 PM More reviews by kristenmc1218

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like the texture and sheerness of this lipstick, but it is too brown for my cool nw20 complexion. It looks, well, dirty...I wish the brown were better balanced by the berry, so I'll stick with Paula Dorf's Spunky, which has a similar texture but better color for me. I can see that this would be great for those with neutral or warm tones, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2006 2:35:00 PM More reviews by Loisl

This is a "go-to" product for me...good for work...summer or winter. Good neutral color...despite what it looks like in the tube. The metal cap gets loose after a while; I mean loose enough to slip off and create a problem in your purse.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2006 10:31:00 AM More reviews by kbb2008

I love this color and can't imagine living without it. It's one of the few makeup products I've consistently repurchased over my last five years of makeup obsession, which says a lot because there are only maybe five or ten others in this category. I'll keep doing so, too, because the color is amazing. It's just so natural, flattering and gorgeous- like my lips with a slight reddish flush.

The wear time, though, is absurdly short, which is why this is my only staple product that I refuse to give five stars to. With a normal lipstick (let's use MAC Lustres as an example of one with good but not fantastic wear time), I have to apply about 5-7 times a day. With this, it's over 10 applications just to keep the color on. This isn't helped by one fact no one has mentioned yet: You actually don't get very much of this product in that little silver tube. Clinique only gives you 1.9g of their Almost Lipstick for your $14, as opposed to MAC where you get 3g of lipstick for the same price. I probably wouldn't notice this if I didn't have to reapply so damned often, but since it only stays on for about 45 minutes, it's really easy to use these up quite quickly. After about two weeks of using nothing but this, you could easy be half done with the tube.

Conclusion: it's a HG item for me and I would never want to be without it, but it's so high maintenance I don't wear it as often as I would otherwise. If this lasted a decent amount of time, I probably really never would wear anything else.