October 2, 2014 | 961 users online

Lipstick - Clinique - Almost Lipstick - Black Honey

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2006 6:38:00 PM More reviews by islandgirl_001

Love, love, love this lip color! I've been using this for about 10 years. I'm a lipstick/lipgloss fanatic but keep this in my collection as a staple. Very flattering on almost all skintones.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2006 12:16:00 PM More reviews by lanae87

I had Black Honey in the gloss, but I find it goes "bad" quickly (thick, goopey, hard to spread) so someone on the MU board recommended I try the Almost Lipstick formula. I like this much better - creamy and silky and staying power is good. Same great classic berry stain I have loved for years. Will buy this instead of the gloss from now on.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2006 11:50:00 PM More reviews by LuLuitchka

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

if this product is ever discontinued, i will take to the streets. it's YLBB. i've tried other lippies and return to black honey without fail. i've been using this for *years*. definitely a staple. i buy two whenever my local clinique counter has the GWP.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2006 8:31:00 PM More reviews by tweetiebird

I first tried this color as a teen, and it still doesn't work for me. For reference, I'm asian with NC35/C4 coloring/Chanel med beige 4 with dark hair and eyes.
The color itself is pretty, a sheer purply berry color - the tone just looked off on my coloring. It never looks quite right, no matter what lighting I'm in. The texture and staying power is good, but I prefer the denser lipglosses for a higher impact shine. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2006 3:03:00 PM More reviews by autoxchica

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this color...it's a reddish gloss that looks great with my pale but rosy skin. A good choice if you want a gloss that actually looks red on your lips, not just in the package.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2006 11:25:00 AM More reviews by timtum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this as a gift from my sister. I love this color. It is very pretty. I like it a lot. I mixed this with a little bit of gold gloss with it once in awhile and it looked beautiful.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2006 4:50:00 PM More reviews by neverseenblue

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This gives a nice enough berry stain to my lips. The problem is that berries don't look very flattering on me. The colour is just too... purple, or something. I think I was expecting the colour to be a bit more neutral, which I don't think it is, and a bit more sheer. It definitely comes out too dark on me. It's a nice enough colour, but nothing special, in my opinion. It also just plain doesn't suit me.

EDIT: I'm coming around to this colour. I just have to wear very little other makeup and it looks okay.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2006 9:15:00 PM More reviews by jowork

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my new HG lipstick/lipgloss. I love the texture -- almost like a dryer lipbalm. Love the color -- it gives my lips natural looking color, not like I'm really wearing lipstick. The other day, after foundationing and powdering my face, some of the powder remained on my lips. I tried Almost Lipstick over my powdered lips and it looked fantastic -- the color was more muted and more natural. I pray that Clinique never discontinues this lipstick -- I don't think I will need to buy another lipstick/gloss again. For reference, I am a CCC, MAC NC43.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2006 7:48:00 PM More reviews by AZsugarpie

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2006 3:00:00 AM More reviews by ahoffert

This is the best lipstick (if you want to call it that) around. It looks super dark like a vixeny maroon color, but it's super sheer when you put it on. It feels just like a lip balm - very smooth and moisturizing but not sticky or slippery. It comes in a nice slim, silver tube and for less than $20 it's a great deal. I've been buying this shade for over 5 years.