Clinique Almost Lipstick - Black Honey

4.1

castor seed oil, cetyl ricinoleate, glyceryl triacetyl ricinoleate, candelila wax, carnauba wax, polyethylene, tocopheryl acetate [ yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), red 33 lake (ci 17200), red 28 lake (ci 45410), red 6 lake (ci 15850), blue 1 (ci 42090), iron oxides (ci 77491, 77492, 77499), red 7 lake (ci 15850), mica, bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), red 30 lake (ci 73360), carmine (ci 75470), manganese violet (ci 77742), red 22 lake (ci 45380), titanium dioxide (ci 77891), red 21 lake (ci 45380), yellow 6 lake (ci 15850), red 27 lake (ci 45410), orange 5 (ci 45370), red 36 (ci 12085)]

on 9/10/2006 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Bought today, used to use the black honey they priginally made in a pot. This is a great gloss since now you can't have anything "wet" in your carry on. Gives good shine, moist, and for me - a great lucious stained blackberry/raspberry "just bitten" color. Works with my skin tone (asian, med, slightly tanned) and I love the slender tube. Will be great for Fall and Winter day "natural" yet kinda stained lip look.

on 9/9/2006 5:45:00 PM

Definite HG material. Black Honey looks almost black in the slim silver tube, but it goes on a deep raspberry. Beautiful. I think it look great with my summer tan or naturally fair skin. I wish it lasted longer. It has the staying power of a lipgloss but it's not sticky like one. I love it.

on 9/8/2006 11:13:00 PM

Nice colour and texture but a little dark on me. Not the versatile MLBB colour I expected.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a beautiful lipstick. I only wear this on special occasions because it is somewhat dark. This can complement any complexion. For better intensity, wear gloss on top.

on 8/31/2006 5:56:00 PM

This is my HG for lipsticks, I can't believe anyone would give this a negative review. It has the perfect balance of shine and color, I just love it. The Black Honey color looks great on my cool-toned skin, I'm not sure how it would look on warmer tones though. Every time I wear it, I get at least one compliment!

on 8/23/2006 9:38:00 AM

This would be a nice color in a gloss, but it goes on very jammy and smudges easily. Also does not stay on for long.

on 8/21/2006 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Stunning glossy brown/red colour which brings out my dark eyes against my fair skin. I adore this as a glaze over other lip colours. Moisturizing formula. A classic.

on 8/21/2006 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have tried this on and off for close to 30 years and it always goes too orange on me which is unusual for the Clinque lipsticks/glosses of all types. Ah, well... NW 20, brown hair, green eyes.

on 8/21/2006 7:07:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

This is a universally flattering shade that looks scary deep purple in the tube but actually just comes on glossy with a hint of color very similar to natural lip color. You can build the color up to a deeper shade. The formula is smooth and moisturizing. You cannot go wrong with this one.

on 8/21/2006 7:03:00 AM

My all-time favourite lip colour! Sheer, buildable colour that you can layer on for a stronger look. Moisturising but non-greasy and SPF15. Even my boyfriend, who hates makeup, likes this on me!

Popular Lipsticks