Clinique Almost Lipstick - Black Honey

4.1

castor seed oil, cetyl ricinoleate, glyceryl triacetyl ricinoleate, candelila wax, carnauba wax, polyethylene, tocopheryl acetate [ yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), red 33 lake (ci 17200), red 28 lake (ci 45410), red 6 lake (ci 15850), blue 1 (ci 42090), iron oxides (ci 77491, 77492, 77499), red 7 lake (ci 15850), mica, bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), red 30 lake (ci 73360), carmine (ci 75470), manganese violet (ci 77742), red 22 lake (ci 45380), titanium dioxide (ci 77891), red 21 lake (ci 45380), yellow 6 lake (ci 15850), red 27 lake (ci 45410), orange 5 (ci 45370), red 36 (ci 12085)]

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a beautiful lipstick. I only wear this on special occasions because it is somewhat dark. This can complement any complexion. For better intensity, wear gloss on top.

on 8/31/2006 5:56:00 PM

This is my HG for lipsticks, I can't believe anyone would give this a negative review. It has the perfect balance of shine and color, I just love it. The Black Honey color looks great on my cool-toned skin, I'm not sure how it would look on warmer tones though. Every time I wear it, I get at least one compliment!

on 8/23/2006 9:38:00 AM

This would be a nice color in a gloss, but it goes on very jammy and smudges easily. Also does not stay on for long.

on 8/21/2006 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Stunning glossy brown/red colour which brings out my dark eyes against my fair skin. I adore this as a glaze over other lip colours. Moisturizing formula. A classic.

on 8/21/2006 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have tried this on and off for close to 30 years and it always goes too orange on me which is unusual for the Clinque lipsticks/glosses of all types. Ah, well... NW 20, brown hair, green eyes.

on 8/21/2006 7:07:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

This is a universally flattering shade that looks scary deep purple in the tube but actually just comes on glossy with a hint of color very similar to natural lip color. You can build the color up to a deeper shade. The formula is smooth and moisturizing. You cannot go wrong with this one.

on 8/21/2006 7:03:00 AM

My all-time favourite lip colour! Sheer, buildable colour that you can layer on for a stronger look. Moisturising but non-greasy and SPF15. Even my boyfriend, who hates makeup, likes this on me!

on 8/17/2006 10:49:00 AM

I stopped by the Clinique counter last night and said I wanted to try this "black honey" shade everybody raves about. The MA obliged me, and I have to say that I really, really like this product. It looks really scary in the tube (super dark), but like everyone here has said, it goes on sheer. This is the most comfortable lipstick I've ever worn - feels a lot like a balm. It didn't dry my lips out, and it lasted a pretty long time for me. I love the slim silver case, too - very pretty. I'm a PPP and I think this is a nice color for me.

on 8/16/2006 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a great color for everyone. A sheer natural berry. At first it looks too dark, but it is so sheer - almost like a balm - that it flatters all skin tones without looking like you're wearing a ton of make-up. The only problem is that the color does not last as long as I'd like, but I guess you can't always have everything. Clinique's Almost lipsticks are also very nice for teens starting out wearing make-up.....although that was many years ago for me. Keep one in your desk and in your purse...you won't b sorry.

I bought this since a lot of friends claim this is fool-proof. And I do agree that this is a YLBB shade. Works well on my PPP NC15 tone. I'm happy about the price too, one of the cheapest among the department store brands. Took a lippie off because I reapply every hour or so. I think this will work better for dark(er) haired women. Universally flattering though. NC15 PPP for reference.

Popular Lipsticks