April 21, 2014 | 1227 users online

Lipstick - Clinique - Almost Lipstick - Black Honey

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2006 7:13:00 PM More reviews by kristenmc1218

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like the texture and sheerness of this lipstick, but it is too brown for my cool nw20 complexion. It looks, well, dirty...I wish the brown were better balanced by the berry, so I'll stick with Paula Dorf's Spunky, which has a similar texture but better color for me. I can see that this would be great for those with neutral or warm tones, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2006 2:35:00 PM More reviews by Loisl

This is a "go-to" product for me...good for work...summer or winter. Good neutral color...despite what it looks like in the tube. The metal cap gets loose after a while; I mean loose enough to slip off and create a problem in your purse.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2006 10:31:00 AM More reviews by kbb2008

I love this color and can't imagine living without it. It's one of the few makeup products I've consistently repurchased over my last five years of makeup obsession, which says a lot because there are only maybe five or ten others in this category. I'll keep doing so, too, because the color is amazing. It's just so natural, flattering and gorgeous- like my lips with a slight reddish flush.

The wear time, though, is absurdly short, which is why this is my only staple product that I refuse to give five stars to. With a normal lipstick (let's use MAC Lustres as an example of one with good but not fantastic wear time), I have to apply about 5-7 times a day. With this, it's over 10 applications just to keep the color on. This isn't helped by one fact no one has mentioned yet: You actually don't get very much of this product in that little silver tube. Clinique only gives you 1.9g of their Almost Lipstick for your $14, as opposed to MAC where you get 3g of lipstick for the same price. I probably wouldn't notice this if I didn't have to reapply so damned often, but since it only stays on for about 45 minutes, it's really easy to use these up quite quickly. After about two weeks of using nothing but this, you could easy be half done with the tube.

Conclusion: it's a HG item for me and I would never want to be without it, but it's so high maintenance I don't wear it as often as I would otherwise. If this lasted a decent amount of time, I probably really never would wear anything else.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2006 8:01:00 PM More reviews by indioglessia

This jest really didn,t come out of the tube how I had hoped. The texture fragrance, and staying power was ok. The main downfall was the colour, way too dark, I have full quite pigmented lips and it makes me look clownish. Why did it not look like this in the shop before I purchased.....*sigh*

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2006 7:36:00 PM More reviews by Shadow_Witch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have full and not-very pigmented lips. I hate the 'slim' packaging and the product goes on streaky and uneven and looks horrid as it dries. Not to mention that the actual shade is muddy and not only really unflattering making the life drain out of my cool with pink undertones complexion, it makes my lips appear thin. Unless they've changed the formula since it was first launched, I can't imagine why it gets the reviews it does.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2006 6:38:00 PM More reviews by lawdiva

This is a scary color in the tube but a pretty berry color on lips. I liked the lipstick's texture and glossy look, but it caused a few pimples around my lips, so I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2006 6:33:00 PM More reviews by sopr2

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use this all the time, love it's subtle color and smooth feel. I keep one in my purse and one in my desk at work. Very easy to apply without a mirror.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2006 12:26:00 PM More reviews by ErinElizabeth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the first piece of makeup that I was allowed to wear and I still love it. It's a very pretty sheer red color, and it isn't messy like most reds. Supposedly, it looks fabulous on just about any coloring. I especially love it to play up an otherwise very neutral makeup application.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2006 11:12:00 PM More reviews by graikat

I recently "rediscovered" how lovely this looks on my lips. It was my first lipstick purchase back as a teenager. I clearly remember everyone lemming it back in 96 or so. Now, it's back in my purse again. This is the only thing I'll wear daily that isn't a gloss, (though it might as well be) Then again, if you put it on once, it's soo sheer, but the color can be built nicely. The black honey liner gives it a peachier (?) or bronze look. (more like very dark honey!) I have sort of neutral coloring, blue eyes and brown hair, rosy hued.. but yellow undertones too. This color looks spectacular on me, like someone has amplified the natural lip color. Sometimes it seems warm hued, sometimes cool berry. *shrugs*

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2006 12:45:00 AM More reviews by triciat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It looks vampy black in the stick, but shows up a berry color on my lips. Nice and glossy, without being sticky and thick like many lip glosses are. Very natural looking. A great one for a casual summer day.