MAC #187 Duo Fiber Face Brush (Stippling, Skunk Brush)

4.5

HAIRZ

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is definitely an investment brush to have. It is probably my second fave after the 217 because it is very versatile. It works great with foundation and blush. I love this brush and would buy it again without a doubt.

Love this brush! By boyfriend bought it for me for Valentines day. It was on my wishlist for so long. I don't know how I lived without it! I use it for powder. It really gives me a flawless finish. Would purchase again. No need to though if you take care of it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this brush!
It's great for powder, liquid foundation, and blush! I will buy this brush forever.

I bought the hello kitty brush collection which contained this brush, & though it isnt as high quality as the other one, it's still impressive.
I use it for foundation & love it :)
My skin looks flawless, which is saying something considering I have really bad acne (moderate to severe).
Will buy again even though it's hecka expensive.
($43)

Not miraculous but very very good nevertheless. In short, will produce beautiful, glowing, smooth and airbrushed results - PROVIDED you have clean, smooth, dry, exfoliated and unzitty skin. If you're covered in pimples, flakes or a cakey layer of dry skin then no matter how perfect your brush or fancy your foundation, you won't get decent results. When I use this with my MAC Face and Body foundation on calm, happy, freshly exfoliated skin I get beautiful results. When I used it on cleansed-and-moisturised only, haven't exfoliated for a week, spotty, dry or otherwise dull/cakey skin then the foundation catches, doesn't blend and makes me look orange.

So I would say yes, fantastic brush most definitely worth the hype, as long as your skin isn't bad. If it is, get it under control first before you splurge on any face makeup or brushes. But as far as brushes go, this one can't be beaten as far I'm concerned. It does shed a bit to begin with but this is to be expected and doesn't continue long in my experience. Cleans easily too - a few swirls in a palmful of water and gentle shampoo and the light part of the bristles go from cakey beige right back to brilliant white. It's so satisfying.

Expensive but worth it.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

My number one brush. I use this for EVERYTHING. Foundation, powder, blush, bronzer.

It gives a light and soft application that gives a natural airbrushed kind of quality to any product you apply with it.

Especially great for heavier texture foundations like creams

A MUST for everyone!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

HG HG HG!!! I LOVE THIS BRUSH!

I don't use it for foundation but instead use it for applying MSFs and pigmented blushes.

I bought a few VERY pigmented blushes from MAC (Love thing) and could not apply them without looking like a clown...even with a light hand. Before completely getting rid of them, I decided to give the infamous 187 brush a whirl.

Initially I couldn't figure out how to use this damn thing; I kept on 'swirling' like I would with a tradtional domed brush. After viewing some youtube tutorials, I learned that stippling was the key to using this brush successfully.

After mastering that technique, I am in LOVE!!!! This deposits just the right amount of pigmentation (also the 'shimmer' in MSFs) so I get a glow without looking like a clown or a disco ball. I've rediscovered all my neglected blushes because of this!!!

Yes, it's pricey ($42.00) but worth it. Very versitile, great investment! :)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I am totally in love with this brush! I now know what all the raving is all about. Before this I bought the Coastal Scents pink stippling brush and the Philosophy airbrush brush. The CS brush works great for powders..I actually trimmed the white bristles on this brush a tiny bit and it was giving me an airbrushed look with liquid foundation....but with the Mac 187 you hardly need to make any effort...just stipple and swirl with a light hand and the foundation kinda melts into the skin...almost like butter...lol! The philosophy brush gives you more coverage but can give you streaks if you use a heavy hand. The Mac; no matter how you use it, the look is not too heavy...almost like your own skin..only more flawless! So, I like this brush the most!

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

ohhh the skunk brush... for such a funky name, the results are absolutely amazing. i used to put my foundation with one of those typical brushes which would streak (also mac), with my fingers which is asking for a breakout, or with a makeup sponge which sucks half of my product into it. i am a firm believer in everyone has different products that work for them, but this is the ONE brush i believe can work on anyone. it's also multipurpose...go on youtube to see what else to use it for. this is my favorite brush and i can't imagine life without it. love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS BRUSH! My friend kept insisting i purchase this brush if i was in need of a multi purpose brush that applies beautifully. It puts makeup on light or it can build it to a full coverage. From liquids to powders, blushes to highlighters it does the job very well. A must have brush.

Popular Makeup Brushes