July 24, 2014 | 976 users online

Bronzers - NARS - Laguna

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2008 10:49:00 AM More reviews by lovelie02

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this stuff! I normally don't ever wear bronzers, but I came across this ones review and decided to try it. I love anything by NARS, so I felt pretty safe in spending the $30 dollars on just the bronzer, not the duo. I have tried orgasm before and don't really care for it, and doesn't show up very well on skin. This on the other hand, is universally flattering, and does not look dirty or ruddy like some bronzers tend to appear on people (one of the reasons I never used them). Another bonus, is that it has not irritated my oh so sensitive skin. Definitely, a keeper.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/10/2008 12:25:00 AM More reviews by h0cusp0cus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is good but I notice I have to have a light hand or else I come out looking way too dark.

Also I feel like on my skin it gets darker as time goes by in the day. But it's not orange at all it's a real brown just got to be easy on application

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2008 6:42:00 PM More reviews by badkitty82

NARS Laguna is my HG bronzing powder!
I bought this as part of the duo with Orgasm blush and have used the Laguna bronzer so much I had to buy a separate one, The package is matte black with large white letters spelling out NARS and there's a mirror inside - which is great!
The laguna bronzer is a dirty brownish color with very little shimmer or sheen. It's quite matte, and that's what makes it so brilliant. It looks so natural! I use this bronzing powder everyday and I'm hooked.. I use it to define med cheeks and to give my pastry face a little color. I'm totally addicted and I am definitely going to buy Laguna again!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2008 2:02:00 PM More reviews by walk6860

WOW! What a GREAT product...

About 5 years ago I recieved a sample of a Clinique bronzer that i absolutely LOVED...unfortunately when I got around to buying the full-size it was discontinued. Since then I have been struggling to find that sun kissed look that is sooo hard to find (either too orange or too muddy). This is perfect! Highly recommended. Sleek packaging, of course, never hurts anyone either :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2008 2:06:00 AM More reviews by nverno

I am really light and don't tan easily. My skin tone makes it difficult to find a good, believable bronzer... This is one of the few for peeps like me!. It's a natural-looking, warm brown with the slightest shimmer added to it for softness. The shimmer in it does not show up much on your face at all, but just adds a bit of radiance rather than having a flat, matte bronze color, which can sometimes look dull alone. I can wear this alone and it looks good, but sometimes I apply a bit of a soft pink blush to top it off. It lasts on my combo-oily skin all day when I apply over my foundation and HD powder.

I think that Laguna is good on most fairer and lighter skin tones to make you appear a little tan or to give your face some shape and contour without looking like you went overboard on bronzer. If you're medium or tanner skin tone it just might blend in with your natural coloring to give you a pretty, glowy look... if you want to look more tan or do contouring, I think Nars Casino bronzer would be better for that (or Tarte Hotel Heiress (deep bronze shimmer).

*Edit: I took off one lippie, only because I wish the powder was a little softer so that it would blend better and so that I don't have to dig hard with my makeup brush in it to get some color. I still love the color, but after trying the Laura Mercier Golden Bronze Pressed Powder Bronzer, I realize that even though I love the color of Laguna, it could be a creamier consistency powder like L.M.'s (for me to justify the steep price).

Also, I find that Faux Tan loose powder bronzer by Bare Escentuals comes out really similar on me, is easier to blend and is cheaper... Plus you get way more product. I still love Laguna because the color is great. I would have repurchased because it is a nice option to have if not for the fact that I found something just as good in color and quality, but for a lot cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2008 8:59:00 PM More reviews by hollywoodvixen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Amaaaazing... I just started learning how to countour (I have a soft, young-looking face and wanted a little edgy definition.) and this has worked perfectly! When I pair this with NARS Orgasm blush, the results are everything I could ask for. I feel as if my makeup routine has been extremely improved ever since buying this. Soft texture, a little goes a long ways, great packaging. I'm so excited to have found this. (For reference, I've previously used bronzers from Clinique, MAC, Lancome, and Estee Lauder.)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2008 11:38:00 AM More reviews by jennifermus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love the color of this bronzer. It makes my skin look like I have some color I pile on sunscreen everyday and avoid sun exposure so I need to have a nice self tanner and bronzer so I don't look ghostlike. Best of all, it doesn't irritate my acne-prone skin. I highly recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2008 12:45:00 PM More reviews by maccosmetics123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this bronzerr is a godsent LOVE IT

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2008 11:26:00 AM More reviews by rosemerry56

This bronzer has changed my life! For one thing, I always stayed away from bronzer in general never really understanding its purpose and just assuming that it made people orange. After reading the reviews on MUA, I ran up to Sephora at lunchtime and tried it; I couldn't stop looking at myself in the mirror! It looked like I had the perfect sunkissed tan. At home I use with my MAC kabuki brush; I've tried others, but I like the amount of coverage that brush gives me the best. I love the rubbery black packaging and the big pan and mirror; I leave mine at home and as a result it doesn't get too mussed up.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2008 4:11:00 AM More reviews by margrosek

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is definitely the best bronzer I have ever used. It's not super-sparkly like Mac's Gold Deposit Mineralized skin finish. I sometimes use Mac's medium dark mineralized skin finish, which is not sparkly/glittery either, but I find I have to use a lot more product whereas with Nar's Laguna Bronzer, I don't have to use nearly as much product for it to give me a naturally tanned, bronzed look. Edit: I now use the Too Faced Chocolate Soleil bronzer in med/deep (not the milk chocolate one) and I much prefer it to Laguna because 1) it doesn't contain any sparkles/glitter 2) it doesn't leave an orangey tinge of color on your faceI I had to take 2 lippies off of my Laguna review.