January 26, 2015 | 1236 users online

Bronzers - NARS - Laguna

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2009 5:48:00 AM More reviews by valentina555

this is my new HG bronzer. it was recommended to me by a friend who is a MA for Dior, she said it works for everyone but i am always cynical as i am pale (super pale in this winter weather!!!) and peachy pink undertone. so although i insist on usingbronzer in my makeup routine, i am aware it usually doesnt look natural on me.
i have to say the Laguna pigmentation is excellent , it is the only bronzer i own that my "bronzer brush" actually picks up (what does this say for the guerlain, dior, chanel, MAC, and some drugstore brands that i own??) . it glides on flawlessly. it is a silky application. it can be a bit too muddy-orange if i over apply, but the look softens.i will not say it fades, i will say it softens ;)
will recommend to anyone!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2009 11:17:00 PM More reviews by berryblusher

one of the better bronzer on the market without too much weight and a beautiful color that buffs on effortlessly as this product is so nicely pigmented! OIier skintype should be cautious in cleaning their bronzer brush often as the oil can settle in the bottom of this product making it EXTREMELY difficult to get any color out of the compact! also sometimes the glue loosens from the compact so be sure to check urs when you buy it!

a great option for someone looking for a bronzer that wont turn orange on them!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2009 12:44:00 AM More reviews by Jadekisses

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Like so many other wonderfuls MUA's this is my HG bronzer. For the longest time i thought it was just a bit too expensive but im so glad that i bit the bullet and got it! Compared to my other bronzers that all have a very red or orange tone to them which means they easily look fake, this has a true brown tone with almost a green undertone which i think really helps make the colour so natural! Also being an oily gal i was a bit worried about the shimmer, but to tell you the truth its more of a fine sheen and you barely notice it, it gives a beautiful natural glow instead! As soon as i am close to running out i will run out and buy another!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2009 11:13:00 PM More reviews by olelala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Most amazing bronzer I have ever found! Everyone who knows me knows I am the biggest make-up junkie. I hardly pledge loyalty to anything. This bronzer, has by far been the ONLY thing I will never reconsider.

No matter what, it never gives you that "dirty, muddy" look that happens all too often with other bronzers. This is the perfect shade and powder to contour your cheekbones and the bridge of your nose, and it photographs BEAUTIFULLY (seriously, it makes you look incredible in photos because it helps your features stand out). It has extremely long staying power, doesn't clog pores, a little goes a long way so it lasts forever and... what I say. This, ladies, is perfection in a little container.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2009 11:39:00 AM More reviews by swtlilqtk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this bronzer! Laguna and Hoola by Benefit are the only two bronzers I have found to be worth my money so far and I think I am liking Laguna a little better right now. I use Laguna pretty much everyday and I feel that the color is just the right shade to perk up my olive skintone without making it look muddy or fake. The color is bronze but doesn't have any orange undertones to it, which I love. The only think I don't like is it is slightly shimmery. That is why I like the Hoola more for daytime because it is matte. I wish the Laguna was more of a matte bronze but it is still getting 5 outta 5 from me because I like it that much. The only qualm I have with NARS is their packaging. It seems to get so dirty and that bugs me, but oh well this is a great product nevertheless!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2009 5:17:00 AM More reviews by batbunney

I'm a newbie to bronzer and I never used them before this product. I thought it would make my pale skin look weird. But this bronzer is perfect for my skin tone, even though at first I thought it was a little dark. But after reading all the great reviews about it, I tried it out and I really like it. It is a little sheer, so you can slowly build the color, which is great for my light skintone. Laguna is expensive though for $29.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2009 10:02:00 PM More reviews by anneh08

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Although i haven't used many bronzers, i could truly say this bronzer is the best you could probably find. It is a beautiful brown color that doesn't make my face look muddy, and it glides on beautifully with no streaks. The color is just perfect for my skin, and it doesn't make me look like I've been in a self tanning mishap..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2009 8:04:00 PM More reviews by pocky

After a couple years of obsessively collecting bronzers, have finally found one that I actually use on a regular basis. Not that my other bronzers are bad--I still stand by my rave reviews of my favorite Physician's Formula bronzers--but seriously, a person only needs one bronzer and Nars Laguna has become my One for many reasons even if it's almost four times more expensive than Physician's Formula. I use the Smashbox Face and Body brush to apply my bronzer and the size of the Nars bronzer is perfect for the brush. I also love the shade, which has just enough brown without being muddy-looking. Most bronzers are too orange for my skin and I end up looking like a self-tanning accident victim. Most bronzers are also much too sparkly and shiny while the few matte bronzers are too flat and end up looking unnatural, but Nars has just enough shimmer and a lovely golden-brown hue that works perfectly for me. I sweep some color onto my temples, cheekbones, bridge of my nose, and a tiny dab on my chin for great color. Nars is ridiculously expensive, but just like with all its other products, the bronzer will last forever. I've been using mine 2-3 times a week for the last 8 months and I haven't even made the tiniest dip in the pan.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2008 10:23:00 PM More reviews by cyncord4

This was my second purchase from NARS and boy was I suprised again. After trying it for the first time, I aboslutely hated it. I thought it made me look dirty. But after watching a tutorial on how to contour and shape the face with this product, I fell in love. No longer will I look for a bronzer that doesn't have shimmer, and that doesn't look dirty or cakey or fake on me. This is the product. and the staying power is unbelievable. NARS, you have won me over once again! Bravo!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2008 12:32:00 PM More reviews by jamaicanmecrazy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

this was $38 CDN. This should be applied with a light hand if you have pale skin like I do. Be careful you can end up looking dirty/orange if you put on too much. this gives me a lovely glow with very subtle shimmer and lasts all day. If my skin is slightly dry or not perfectly smooth, this will accentuate it and go on really blotchy. Will probably repurchase if I can't find something better