NARS Laguna

4.3

Ingredients: talc, polymethyl methacrylate, nylon-66, ptfe, zea mays, polyethylene, dimethicone, silica, neopentyl glycol diethylhexanoate, zinc stearate, disodium edta, tocopherol, ascorbyl palmitate, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben. May contain: mica, ci 77891, ci 77491 ci 77492 ci 77499, ci 77288, ci 77289, ci 77007, ci 77163. 7/18/09

This bronzer is "the" go to bronzer in the department store. Especially if you have very fair skin like me, it does not look too dark or unnatural. And best of all you wont look like a f*ckin orange oompa loompa like most self tanners or powdered bronzers make fair skin look. The only thing I would say needs improvement is the damn Nars packaging that gets disgustingly dingy at the slightest bit of dust or makeup. Its a little pricey for me personally, but buying one in the spring should last you all summer unless your one of "those girls" who desperately try to look like they they have been toasted in the oven for hours. The product itself however gets 4 stars from me.

on 4/1/2009 12:38:00 PM

I've been eyeing this for such a long time, I didnt think my bronzer collection would be complete without it after reading all the raving reviews. That being said, it is not a disappointment, it lives up to the performance of some of my favourite bronzers - a bit of shimmer, and a lovely bronze shade that easily looks authentic, soft, finely milled powder that is easy to pick up with a brush and really nice packaging. I love NARS rubbery compact, with a mirror and easy to open and just really a pleasure to use (as it should be for its price!). I will definitely be buying another of these when I run out, but I wouldnt necessarily grant it HG status, as it is superb but not necessarily the most superior bronzer I've used. I would suggest Cargo's bronzer (or various sibling shades), or Tarte's mineral bronzer as being equal in quality to this one for a little bit less $.

on 3/31/2009 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I loveeee loveeee!!!!!! this bronzer! I am fairy pale and almost look super dull without blush or bronzer. This bronzer is not too muddy, not too dark, or shimmery, but perfect! It gives a natural/tan look. I have purchased Nars blushes ( which are also great) , but never bronzer. overall, I am super happy that i did. It does not make me oily or muddy. Very nice. Will repurchased. The price is okay $30 not too expensive. I've seen more expensive stuff n it doesn't work as good as this one! <3

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I can find no fault in this product. I will say if you are any darker than me, FFF, don't bother with this shade and try casino instead. I like a very natural looking shade of bronzer so for me this is perfect. It wears well, goes on super smooth and looks so natural on. In the pan it looks like it has very fine shimmer so I was kind of worried at first. Like I said, I like a natural looking bronzer, and shimmer on my combo skin just looks like shimmer. Not like a pretty, healthy glow. On the skin there is no trace of the shimmer, thank goodness. The price is really good at $30.00 if you think about how huge the pan is compared to NARS blushes and it is only $5.00 more. I probably will never use up the huge pan but if I do, I will repurchase.

on 3/27/2009 4:17:00 PM

Why did I wait so long to buy this? I was convinced that it wouldn't be any different to any other bronzers i'd tried. WRONG. I'd been using Cliniques bronzer previously - next to this, my Clinique looks pure orange!! Not a good look! This bronzer is perfect for me, it gives a gorgeous bronzed look without looking orange or dirty! It's my HG - can't rave enough about this!! It's expensive, but its so pigmented, i only need to lightly tap my MAC 134 and my face is evenly bronzed and gorgeous :-)

on 3/23/2009 7:25:00 PM

Afters months and months of lemming Laguna, I finally purchased it today! The price was a little steep, but after going through 4 subpar bronzers, I figured I might as well splurge a little on something I know I'll love and be able to use for a long time. My review is the same as the majority of everyone else's-- Great bronzer, no orangeyness, super pigmented, no disco ball effect, and use with light hand. The pictures don't do it justice, it's much much prettier in person! It comes with a flat white sponge. I'm not sure if you're supposed to use it to apply the bronzer, but it comes in handy when you want to wipe fallout from the mirror! Will definitely repurchase if I ever run out.

EDIT **

I've been using Laguna almost everyday since I bought it now, and I'm finally coming to the realization that I'm not totally in love with it. I don't know if anyone else has had the same experience as me, but the color tends to be different on each of my cheeks. I don't know if it's because one side is lighter than the other, but my left cheek always turns out a tad bit orangey while my right cheek is perfect! I just purchased Luster and I love it, but I still have hope for Laguna so I'm going to hang onto it for a little while longer.

on 3/22/2009 4:55:00 AM

Best bronzer ever. Very natural colour on pale skin, however I do have to apply with a light hand. It was my first NARS purchase and started a terribly expensive obsession for me.
Will definitely buy again, but it lasts for years (already had it for 1.5 years and not even half way) so the second purchase wont be for a while!

on 3/19/2009 8:59:00 AM

This bronzer is amazing. Provides a sun kissed flush. Perfect to wear daily. I love it. Yes, it's expensive but it lasts forever.

on 3/15/2009 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

my number one bronzer, Suits when pale and can be built up when tanned. I cannot live without this bronzer. Gives a beautiful healthy glow without being too shimmery or false looking. Apply with a big brush as mentioned before for a good application. Packaging is sleek, classy and practical. I have recommended to friends who also love. I always buy again when i finsh.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my HG bronzer. I love it. Its a gorgeous sunkissed shade, with a very very small amount of shimmer. It's a very natural bronze colour, doesn't show up orange at all and I'm pale enough.. nc20. Would definitely recommend it to anyone with around the same skintone as me.

Top Rated NARS Products