NARS Laguna

4.3

Ingredients: talc, polymethyl methacrylate, nylon-66, ptfe, zea mays, polyethylene, dimethicone, silica, neopentyl glycol diethylhexanoate, zinc stearate, disodium edta, tocopherol, ascorbyl palmitate, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben. May contain: mica, ci 77891, ci 77491 ci 77492 ci 77499, ci 77288, ci 77289, ci 77007, ci 77163. 7/18/09

on 2/26/2009 8:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

NARS has 2 bronzers: Casino and Laguna. When you go to NARS or Sephora, they will tell you that Laguna is for lighter skin tones while Casino is for darker ones. But THIS IS NOT TRUE!!!! Both bronzers look quite similar when placed side-by-side. But in fact, Laguna is a true bronze color which means it has green undertones while Casino has rosy undertones. Both are very pretty and natural, BUT if you have any ruddniess or redness to your skin, Casino is going to make it worse because you are adding more rosy red to your skin. Whereas Laguna would neutralize the red tones (green neutralizes red, like with concealer and primer) and make your face look less ruddy. If you do not have any red in your skin, Casino will look gorgeous no matter if your skin is light or dark (lighter skin, lighter hand). If you do, stick to Laguna, even if you have darker skin (and just layer it). The reason people think a bronzer looks dirty is because they have chosen one with the wrong undertone. If you want to test my conclusion, swipe both bronzers with your finger and rub them side by side on the inner part of your wrist (or any other area that is the most pale) and you will instantly see what I mean. So in summary, a gorgeous bronzer, but make sure the color is for you. For a comparison, go to: http://just-makeup.net/images/nars/2989472192_317ca3e1b7.jpg. REVIEW: I have Laguna because I have red tones in my skin. This could very well be the most perfect bronzer ever made. First, the color is perfect for my skin. Second, it can be layered and layered without looking dirty. Third, it has a very subtle shimmer that does not make my skin look greasy (I have oily skin) but instead gives it a gorgeous glow - and the shimmer does not sit in my pores or accentuate them. And finally, the best part about this bronzer is that it makes me look like I have a real tan!!!! This stuff is so amazing, it is my HHHHHHHHHG!!!!

on 2/24/2009 10:37:00 AM

I LOVE this bronzer!! I have just repurchased it for the 5th time, and will probably use it forever. I am a NW40 and light/med skin that does not tan easily. I'm very vigilant about wrinkles, sunscreen, and staying OUT of the sun, especially my face, even though I have to be somewhat "tan" everyday to feel my prettiest! I first bought this years ago, and fell in love right away. I love makeup, and have probably tried every bronzer on the market, from drugstore to designer. This one is simply the best for me. It is brown, not at all orange or red, and there is just enough shimmer to give a healthy sheen to the skin. The packaging is faulty, though. My last 2 have shattered about halfway through. I read here on MUA recently that if you take the broken compact back they will replace it with a new one. Last weekend when I went to Sephora, I asked the SA about this, and she said they do replace them, so I happily bought my 5th one. These last forever, too. I use it every day, and I usually only have to buy 2 per year. This product is worth every penny...to feel amazing after doing my makeup is priceless to me! This is the best bronzer out there. Nars has beautiful shades and pigments...love Nars!!

on 2/17/2009 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is one of those products that I've been wanting to buy for SO long, but am not quite sure why I haven't!

Well, I jumped on the bandwagon and got this miracle bronzer that everyone seems to rave about. For reference I have olive-y color skin, that tans very easily. So, I have been using this for two weeks now and I am fairly disappointed. It is an ok product, but nothing special. It lt seems to make me look muddy after a few hours, even though I've put barely any on!! I also think it's breaking me out of my cheeks so I'm not very happy :(. I really wanted this stuff to work for me.

UPDATE: I can no longer use this stuff at all - it is the product that is definitely making me break out. Taken another lippy off.

on 2/14/2009 7:23:00 PM

This has to be the greatest investment I ever made for a bronzing powder. I don't really use it for bronzing but as a contour, its magical in slimming down your face! The MA tried it on 1 side of my face (she brushed it on my temples, a little bit on my forehead and under my invisible cheekbones, a litte on the jaw) It looked really natural on my NC20 asian skin, it has no orange and just the right amount of tanned brown. I'm glad I got this before attempting to try another drugstore bronzer, I bought one of Rimmels in sundance, horrible! So instead of taking another unnecessary risk, just try this one. I recommend you try it on at the counter first just to see how it looks on you.

on 2/12/2009 10:49:00 PM

I, too, really wanted to like this. The texture is great, it doesn't look too powdery. But like some others on here, I just found it too muddy. I'm going to go back to the Nars counter and try some other colours - like I say, the texture is great. I also have to say the Laguna/Orgasm combo didn't work for me either - Orgasm looks ok on me on a "pale" day, but with the bronzer I just looked like a clown. And yes, I did use a light hand and I did blend well! But the Laguna colour's just wrong on me. I gave the packaging a good score because although it broke on me, I had dropped it on a wooden floor! And I appreciated having a compact with a good sized mirror.

on 2/10/2009 12:36:00 AM

i got this as a swap, i was not willing to buy one because it's expensive and i didn't know whether i would like a bronzer. i'm an nc30 and i thought bronzers were for pale people who don't tan easily. i tan very easily so i thought i wouldn't need a bronzer since i have a light tan complexion. but i was very curious about the hype of this product and when i tried it i am deeply in love with this. the powder is soft with shimmer but not over the top shimmer. i'm light tan and this gives me a glow like nars luster blush but luster has a tint of apricot, this is true bronze. it gives that sunny warm glow to my face and because of that, i think the product is worth the price.

on 2/7/2009 5:51:00 PM

I love this bronzer. I use it every day with Sephora's bronzer brush which i love as well.. This bronzer isn't too light for my MAC NC 35 skin. Its perfect. Not orange or muddy at all. Gives me a nice warm look. Not fake looking at all. I love it and wear it everyday! Go get it!

on 2/4/2009 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this only about a week ago after trying out so many others. This was the only bronzer that did not give me that 'dirty' look on my face. It blended beautifully onto my skin. I am a NW20 for reference and Laguna gives me a healthy glow. My husband says he cant see it, but then he says that it does give me a glow. In my book, that is the sort of product that I want, not obvious but does make a difference.

The packaging is fine. You get a good amount of bronzer and a relatively flat compact that does not take up a lot of space in your m/up bag.

I will defenitely buy again.

I love how its a nice subtle bronze. It does have shimmer but doesn't look like a disco ball when its applied.

on 2/1/2009 9:39:00 AM

It is too much color for my NW20 skin, already using MAC #187 and with a very light hand. It doesn't look natural bronzing on my face, muddy and messy rather, and absolutely not workable on my forehead etc. I thought about using it only as contouring, but it's the same. I recently purchased Luster, and let's see if it's a better one for the light bronzing effect.

Popular Bronzers