April 21, 2014 | 1064 users online

Bronzers - NARS - Laguna

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2008 3:19:00 PM More reviews by texas01

I use this everyday it is really natural and the price is great.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2008 10:37:00 AM More reviews by llyangel

I love this bronzer a definate HG product!!. I am very fair skinned (NC15) and this works perfectly for me, I was sceptical as to whether i could get away with this or not - I can!!. It applies and blend in so well. This doesn't show up as a shimmery obvious bronzer on my face, It is not at all orange. This just give me a gorgeous tanned look and doesn't wear unevenly or patchy throughout the day. I have to say I love Nars packaging - very sleek, I love the rubber feeling case that won't crack or break if I drop it and the huge mirror is fantastic. I will definately repurchase this again and again. I think the price is justified as there is quite a lot of product and mine is holding up well despite daily use. In my top 5 must have make up products ever - Highly Recommended!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2008 7:22:00 PM More reviews by smurfkitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Laguna is the only bronzer I own. Im not much of a bronzer girl.. but I have to admit that I like Laguna. I have very fair, cool-toned skin and I like being fair. Im not a fan of the tanned look on myself, and every bronzer that I had tried on at stores made me look too orangey/unnaturally tan. Whenever a MA would insist on putting bronzer on me during a make-over, Id always give a big internal sigh because I knew I probably wouldnt like it. That being said, Im so glad a NARS MA tried Laguna on me, without asking first haha, because I would have never glanced twice at it if I was left to my own devices. Laguna has a lot of shimmer.. which could be a good or bad thing depending on the look you want. I like the shimmer, because it adds more of a glow than a full-on tan. The colour doesnt look orange, dirty, or fake at all on me.. I think it looks pretty similar to the shade that I would tan naturally (back when I would actually allow my face to tan). When used with the NARS bronzer brush (definitely use Laguna with a bronzer brush, not a powder brush or the little sponge the compact comes with), application is a snap.. easily blended and buffed in my skin to perfection.. no tell-tale lines or splotches. I use this to contour.. cheekbones, temples, nose, jaw line, and then blend blend blend!! As for the rubbery packaging I love it. Ive dropped so many compacts, and not one of my NARS compacts has suffered greatly. No smashed mirrors, broken hinges, chipped powders, etc. *fingers crossed* Anyways Im growing quite fond of Laguna and I can see myself wearing it often this summer. Id definitely recommend this to other fair ladies with a fear of orange bronzers who are going for a naturally sun-kissed look.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2008 4:45:00 PM More reviews by lnd12347

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've tried about 4-5 other bronzers recently, including Mac and Bobbi Brown, and this is the best. I am pale (NW15-20) with yellow undertones and love this bronzer. It doesn't turn orangey, I don't find it to be sparkly at all. It does a great job of evening out my skin tone and making me look like I got a little sun.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2008 9:55:00 AM More reviews by AlmaStarr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

UPDATE: Well, I have to eat my words on this one. After I ran out I went through a plentitude of other bronzers. High-end and low-end (the drugstore bronzers are absolute garbage IMO, never found one that looked even remotely good), and at the end of my journey I have returned to NARS Laguna. I was obviously spoiled and I repent. Everyone goes through phases, and I was going through a phase where I was convinced I could look better. I think I was just bored with my appearance. I repurchased and upped the lippies in fairness...

***********
Well, I think I'm finally ready to review this product. After using a full large pan of this product I can safely say that I will not be repurchasing. I tried to love it. I used a multitude of brushes to apply and different techniques. It's just not the best shade for me. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't look awful - it just has the tendency to be a little gritty, make my face look a little dirty (especially if it catches on some moisturizer) and a little orange if I don't apply with a light enough hand. I tried Tarte's Park Avenue Princess (even though I was scared of how gold it looked on sight) and it made me so much more subtly, glowy and prettily tanned and it mimicked my natural tan color better, so I think I'm going to buy that next. I'm glad I tried Nars because I have seen this on other people and was amazed at how nice it looked; just wasn't great for my complexion. Oh, and the powder cracked and made it impossible for me to keep the compact closed and it kept falling out everywhere - annoying.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/2/2008 5:24:00 PM More reviews by Sarem

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is an average product it is not that good as people review it (this is my view). It is a bit difficult to find the right hand. If you are new to bronzers own another. Since it is not easy to apply it on face, şt doesnt glide easily. I wont repurchase it

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2008 4:28:00 AM More reviews by ImSoVCG

"L-O, L-O, L-O, L-O-V-E" this bronzer it's amazing it makes my skin look amazing like i just went to the beach for the wked to tan!(as far as oregon beaches go for tanning destinations haha) my only gripe is that the powder always seems to crack on me! ugh but besides that i converted my sister as well as my mother to this lovely product!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2008 9:06:00 AM More reviews by Angeldoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This made me look dirty and had a little too much shimmer for me ( larger pores in t-zone area and cheeks). The color didnt look like my natural tan , which is a more peachier, this was just a dark brown and made my skin muddy and ashy, will not repurchase as I''m having much more luck with my physicians formula bronzer at half the price :)
Also this gave me a few pimples. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2008 1:41:00 AM More reviews by claudiaee

I really like this bronzer... I've tried different brands and I find that this is the easiest to not screw up. It really allows you to build up the color so you decide how dark it gets.

My HG bronzer

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2008 7:49:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm not too keen on using bronzers. Having baked in the sun in my younger days, I've come to appreciate my light skin. However, this is the only bronzer I ever tried that I would use, and do, occasionally. It's not at all orangey - not on me, at least - and to those who tell me that for women over 40 "the rule" is to avoid glimmery/pearly/glittery makeup, I tell them "I make my OWN rules, thank you." I LOVE glimmer. I must have been a disco ball in my other life. Anyway, this bronzer has only enough glimmer to give you a glowing effect, not a glittery one. The other day, we had to wear bronzers at work, to promote summer, or some such idea. I was complimented on my 'natural' tan. Says it all. I also use it to "darken" my winter foundations. I just dust it on ever so lightly and it takes the pallor away. Good stuff.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No