April 23, 2014 | 1939 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Fit Me Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2012 4:50:00 PM More reviews by gooliax

I actually quite like this foundation. The price point is incredible (between 6-8$ at walmart)! Of course, at such a price one shouldn't expect this to be a miracle foundation. It gets the job done providing medium coverage, a nice subtle glow and comes in pretty good shades. It does however get oily quite quickly. This I think is its major downfall. Because of that, this is a good foundation for a few hours but definitely not for the whole day/night.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2012 5:36:00 PM More reviews by AuNatural716

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

UGH. Where to even start. I had high hopes that this would be able to replace the ending of my dear Maybelline Mineral Power Natural Perfect Liquid Foundation, which was unfortunately discontinued. Actually, Maybelline marketed this to be the replacement for it! Ha, what a joke. This crap has such a strong scented fragrance that I couldn't even bear to keep it on my face immediately after putting some of it on. The scent immediately gave me a horrible headache and my face was even reacting instantly to this too because of that I think! I am so disappointed and do yourself and save your 5 bucks because you'll just be that person returning it just like I will soon. So sad because this sure fooled me with its neat packaging, affordable price, and seemingly good colors.

UPDATE: Ugh. I tried this again b/c I had better hopes after my friend told me I needed to use it longer, and all I got were deep breakouts on my face! Sad though b/c it works great for her and so I thought it would be fine with, but nope. This stuff is garbage for my skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2012 1:44:00 PM More reviews by Muddymakeup

This is the first foundation I've ever bought. It mathes my skin tone perfectly and hides blemishes well. It doesn't exactly "stay on" and seems to wear off after a few hours, but I don't wear anything under/over and have somewhat oily skin which may be the reason.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2012 5:24:00 PM More reviews by MakeupSami

I found a $1 off coupon for this product in my Lucky Magazine and bought this in the shade 220. I feel like this product lasts all day (I like to apply some bronzer over it, which may or may not add to its staying power). I have found it to be transferable, and need to be careful, say... If I rub my face against something, putting on a white t-shirt, etc. or else make-up will end up where you DON'T want it. This product is better for those with dry (rather than oily) skin, and I am unsure whether or not this has been a partial cause for my breakouts, but it does do a good job covering them, considering the price and all. I probably would repurchase this product. I definitely would recommend you try it out for yourself, though.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2012 11:24:00 AM More reviews by irisaurus

As i bought this on special for $10AUSD (RRP$18) i gave it for a shot to see what this foundation had to offer from drugstores. the colour in 210 matched my NC20 perfectly... especially in photos, it did not give a ghosty look in flash photos. it lasted quite a while, say 7 hours from application which is expected and standard from any foundation. I am not a fan of unnatural foundation ever since this tho... it made my combo skin a bit muggy/sticky feeling (say end of work day), and because of this i felt an urge to scratch my skin as it was becoming a little itchy (i guess it was my body's natural response wanting to rip it right off) ill admit that i feel this way with other liquid foundations out there, but this one MORE so.. more itch. so, I've now switched to organic/natural stuff and use this as my spare. Now i only use this for going out nights, hanging with friends when i know photos will be taken at night (it works well w flash). as for my normal day at uni or work which requires the make up to stay put and comfortable on my skin for long hours i now choose to use natural make up (Inika which is 100% natural certified organic liquid mineral- i try not to use this for photos at night, bcos it shows this white colour on my face). packaging- classy, but messy! lid becomes filled with WASTED foundation, i can control the amount i pour out now as i have learnt from getting used to it. REALLY wish there was a pump! I think it is ideal for dry/normal skin types, as it made my skin itch a little. I didn't notice any oxidation that other reviewers have claimed to darken on the face, i thought the colour range was good for me as i found a match for my asian skin! however I've noticed, maybeline didnt think for the black girls out there :( which the line promotes 'FIT ME'.. hmm..

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2012 9:47:00 AM More reviews by hflynn

You get what you pay for with this product. I didn't have high expectations for a $5 foundation and I was not impressed at all. It did look good on my skin but it felt very greasy and sticky and caused breakouts which I have never had happen with a foundation. I don't have oily skin so that wasn't the issue, I would not recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2012 7:59:00 PM More reviews by ShimmerSands78

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got this because it had a wide range of colors, and it had pale colors with yellow undertones as opposed to pink/ orange as most other drugstore foundation have. It doesn't turn me into a oil slick as other reviewers have mentioned, and it gives a nice, natural and dewy coverage, so if you have oily skin you may turn greasy fast. It is lightly scented. Its a very affordable every day foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2012 3:28:00 AM More reviews by TangyExplosives

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I actually really liked this product. It's great for light, comfortable coverage and it's not too heavy on the skin. It stays on pretty well with 1 to no touch ups per day as long as I have primer underneath and it works great with the concealer and powder from this line.It's not too bad for the light to moderate acne on my chin area either. I also like the fact that it kind of gives a dewy look to the skin, and the blending is excellent. I've had no problems matching a shade to my skin colour and I love it for warmer weather or an everyday look. The packaging is okay, I just put my finger over top to plug it and do one quick upside down motion to cover the pad of my finger and that covers a little more than half my face. It usually costs around $7.00 from Walmart where I buy it and you get a pretty good amount in the bottle. The only downside is that sometimes it can be difficult to find the shade I use. I'm very pale and being the lightest of the line (110), some stores don't carry it. Other than that it's a very good product, the coverage feels sheer but great on my skin, the packaging is actually okay and I would definitely recommend this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2012 7:41:00 PM More reviews by countrygyrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Not to sure about this one yet. I wanted to try it before I bought it because with coupons I can get this for about $4.00 which is only a dollar more than my NYC and it may be worth it. My daughter has this in shade 120, even though shes lighter than me this shade seems to work perfect on me because this foundation tends to darken after a few minutes( which I guess is why she complains that maybelline turns her orange).
Now while I love the shade this foundation is very watery and thin. It gives sheer/light coverage which can be built up to almost medium. It wont cover alot so you need to have fairly decent skin or alot of concealer or be prepared to layer it. I have oily skin and I have to put a decent layer of milk of magensia under this as my primer. Then I powder the hell out of my face (which I do regardless) with Coty Airspun in naturally neutral mixed with baby powder to lighten it up since Im still winter pale. It looks beautiful and natural and after a few hours I start to look a bit dewy, but no real oil breakthrough yet. Its been 3-4 hours with no touch ups and it doesn't seem to be fading away as many have claimed. Don't know if this willl hold up for 10+ hours and am concerned about performance in summer heat. Plus it has a scent and it burns like hell if you get it in your eye.(I was in a hurry.)

EDIT 4/14/12 I really adore the way this looks, but when it comes to foundation what I really need is long lasting, I hate to have to touch up every few hours and with my life style I need fix it and forget it. No matter how beautiful my skin looks if it doesn't hold up more than a few hours what's the point? This would never ever hold up to an afternoon on the Harley

EDIT- 9/8/12 Am using this again with no primer and straight baby powder to set. I really do love the way it looks but I do have to layer it, give it a bit more time to set up and still need to blot more than with colorstay. For 5 bucks this may be a keeper

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2012 3:59:00 PM More reviews by essp

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

For years I always used the orginal covergirl makeup/coverup whatever you want to call it.
I then saw this product advertised recentely and I figured since I was out of my CG I'd try something new.
The postives are the colour options are great (better than CG in my opinion) the lightest colour in CG is usually my tan colour in the summer so I figured the Fit Me would be my new usual makeup based solely on the colour choice.
But I do have oily skin and it did not stay the whole day even with power. I also didn't like the finish. It was obvious to me that I had makeup on, not at all natural.
Also when I get the occasional breakout I would obviously put makeup on to cover it but if anything the Fit Me just made it more evident that I had a pimple.
Not impressed Maybelline