Maybelline Fit Me Foundation

3.0

(Active Ingredient : Octinoxate 7%), Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Propylparaben, Fragrance, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminium Hydroxide, PEG-9, Ethylparaben, Dipropylene Glycol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone /- (CI 77891/ Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

on 8/21/2012 5:16:00 PM

This foundation gives a nice dewy finish, but with slightly oil skin, it slipped and transferred to anything that touched my face. This also broke me out, and yes I have slightly acne prone skin. No pump and you lose a lot of product from over pouring it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I really do like this foundation, but I see why people have a problem with it. The coverage is light, but it can be build-able to a flawless finish. It looks very natural on the skin, but if you have an oil control problem its probably not the best for you. I have been dealing with oilier skin this summer, but Iv found steps of applying this foundation that has made it one of my all time favourites!
- use a good primer (i use the hourglass mineral veil one that's water resistant)
- use a buffing foundation brush for a more flawless and fuller coverage application ( I use the sephora airbrush foundation brush)
- and set it with a GOOD powder. I use the MUF HD microfinish powder

for the price, its a good foundation, the colour selection is amazing, there is a shade for everyone. It is just not geared toward people with oilier skin, and you need to take extra steps to make sure it stays on.

on 8/19/2012 11:17:00 PM

I have combination skin and always set with powder but after a couple hours my face looked like a covered it in Vaseline.The color was also off i tried 310 and 315 but neither matched ,im nc45 in mac.The undertones were also too pink but i think thats with all maybelline products.
*Update* now that my skin has changed and I am better at picking matches the 310 is a perfect.I have dry skin that up to recently i thought was oily just because i kept breaking out.Now with a new skin care regime of cleansing oil instead of harsh soap my skin is brighter and not breaking out.However i do have left over acne scars that are fading from my cheeks and some on my chin.This foundation is light and does not cake and looks dewy like natural skin.I prime with smashbox tone canceling primer and after foundation set with mac translucent powder. It last while im out at classes then later i might have to apply a little more powder on my nose.Other than that it is a good foundation especially at only 5$ but i do wish it had a pump.It light coverage so i use loreal true match concealer in the w-7-8 shade to cover blemishes although it can be worked to medium coverage.
*I am also nc 40/42 now

I ABSOLUTELY HATED THIS! I had run out of my foundation and desperately needed more, so I ran to my local rite-aid and picked this up for 10$ or so... Oh my goodness. awful. Don't waste your money. This crap has the consistency of water. I hated this. I used it once it was oily, it did not cover AT ALL, (did not even see a minimal difference) and oh my gosh can you spell O I L Y?!?!?! I FELT LIKE A GREASEBALL AND WAS COMPLETELY EMBARASSED TO EVEN LOOK AT PEOPLE. USED IT ONCE AND THROUGH IT RIGHT IN THE TRASH. THUMBS DOWN

on 8/19/2012 12:54:00 PM

this foundation tends to get very oily throughout the day.
light to medium coverage ( fairly buildable )
pros: not expencive at all , very light weight , very camera friendly ! makes skin look almost flawless
cons : get oily during your day
over all i think tis is a pretty good foundation that i will probley buy again because even without concealer it covered my pimples really well and its cheep so i really liked it but watch out for oil !
( best place to buy it is at walmart... about 6-7 $ )

on 8/18/2012 1:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I wasnt able to give this foundation a chance because my bb cream came in from Japan! I bought this because it was the first drugstore liquid foundation I found that closely matched my yellow-golden skin tone. I have it in number 210 and for a reference I use BareMinerals Golden Medium and Nars Sheer Matte Stromboli.

I was able to use it twice so I will give my initial impression. Like the other reviews here and sadly a reason why I am putting it aside is because it does have a shiny/oily finish. I have to blot and apply a setting powder to achieve the matte look I want. I can achieve a light to medium coverage with it. I had it on for 4-5 hours and seems to have good staying power. If I run out of foundation I may use this up for the sake of not wasting it since it is a match. Ill just put up with blotting and setting.

on 8/17/2012 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I thought I reviewed this and gave it a negative review? Guess not but was going edit the review anyway. Hated it when I bought it. I've been using the Chanel and Shiseido all summer and I thought I had gotten rid of all the foundations I wasn't wearing but this one popped up in my stash after my recent move. Initially, I found it dry, cakey, lacking in coverage and not the best staying power. I've worn my Lift Lumiere quite a bit lately...moved to Colorado so my skin is a bit more dry/dehydrated (I'm dehydrated)...with that particular foundation I've been usinng the Base Lumiere, great with foundations lacking in staying power...tried it with the Maybelline Fit Me...fantastic! Lasts all day, coverage is better and less cakey looking when I stipple/pounce with the F80, NOT buff! Then pounce a sponge after that. That improves the coverage for me but going over it with a sponge presses it in to the skin...as you would to apply the Shiseido to make it long wearing and it also removes anything still sitting on the skin... Great coverage, not dry looking at all when I don't buff it in. I've been wearing it everyday for a week and I'm really happy with it. The weather is very different out here so that may help as well as I'm not sweating to death in the heat and humidity like I was back east!

on 8/17/2012 10:57:00 AM

I absolutely hated this foundation!! I had it on for 20 minutes and I washed it off because I hated the way it felt. It feels like putting straight oil on your face. It looked greasy and it smelt awful. It made my face feel dirty and it looked unnatural. ABSOLUTE WASTE OF MONEY.

on 8/17/2012 6:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This foundation looked really cakey on me and it didn't last very long during summer. The consistency of this product is very runny, the packaging didn't help with that fact either since it just came in a bottle and cap. I did find my skin colour which is a good thing. I'd say the coverage of this product is light, it was hard for me to build it where i had acne scarring. This product definitely does not handle sweat well, it will run off of your face. I definitely wouldn't recommend this to someone with oily skin or someone who sweats a lot.

on 8/16/2012 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I really liked this foundation! Here in Sweden we also have it with a pump so that's good.
I think it reminds me about the nars sheer glow in it's finish, only that it lasts for longer! I also find that it does not oxidize without a primer.

My only problem are the shades. I am really cool-toned and nars sheer glow in mont blanc is my all time perfect foundation colours. I find that the 115 is to dark and the 110 is light enough but not pinky enough. I think that I might buy the 115 to mix the two to achive my perfect colour!

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Maybelline FIT ME Foundation & Concealer in 355 [Product Review] by DaintyBrownGirl

FIRST IMPRESSIONS: MAYBELLINE 360 FIT ME FOUNDATION REVIEW (MOCHA MOCHA) by sheisobsessed