August 28, 2014 | 1710 users online

Moisturizers - Desert Essence - Jojoba Oil - 100% pure

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2007 2:49:00 AM More reviews by MoMo25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I like using this stuff when I am taking acne medication because my skin can be so dry and flaky. This helps eliminate that and much more. It makes my skin glow and the tone in my skin looks so much better. I use this at night after I get out of the shower because that is when my skin is still moist. After a few minutes it sinks into my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2007 2:38:00 PM More reviews by Lutskis1

I'm slowly but surely figuring this stuff out. I have been trying to figure out the right amount to apply to my face...I think that due to the packaging I'll have to buy a dropper of some sort so that I only use a bit at a time. Lately I've been wasting too much of it trying to just get it out of the bottle. Regardless, I think I really like this. I'm still tweaking my technique and how much I use, but I've been using it religiously at night (along with my Desert Essence Daily Essentials Moisturizer) and love the combination. My skin is moisturized and really does appear clearer and with more of a glow. I haven't used this during the day yet, as I seem to always be quite shiny after it's appplication; however, I'm thinking once I get this down pat I'll be able to use it anytime. It's been fantastic for me as the temperatures have been dropping in NYC, not mention I can find it at the health food store close to me and it's less than $10! For reference, I have somewhat sensitive, combination skin with a tendency toward hormonal blemishes.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2007 9:27:00 PM More reviews by kims3142

An amazing find... I have very oily very cystic acne prone skin, but I also flake like crazy with all the BP and exfoliating I do - also living in New England doesn't help! But this little bottle has smoothe me out. I am just getting over a huge breakout and was peeling like mad - I couldn't even put on concealer, the skin would just flake off when I brushed some powder over it. I put a few drops of this on damp face with damp fingers and voila! A bit shiny, but it absorbed so well and my flakes were not noticeable at all. So affordable and simple, I cannot recommend this product enough for those with oily yet flaky skin. It is not an oil, it is a plant wax-see wikipedia-and does not make you break out or get oilier. Moderation is key and don't strip your skin, it makes things worse.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2007 3:52:00 PM More reviews by SephoraMonster

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

See.....THIS is what i'm talking about. pure, simple, jojoba oil. why can't we just be happy with something this simple and inexpensive? why. why, why, WHY. instead, i live in an extremely dry climate and break out into rashes and end up needing to spend $$$$$$ on some fancy thick facial cream that has paraben preservative irritant CRAP in it. this is a losing battle. i feel dejected.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2007 9:54:00 AM More reviews by palegirlsrule

Wow-my skin looks so much better after only a week of using this. I mixed up a little concoction of 3 parts jojoba oil and 1 part Desert Essence Tea Tree/Lavender Oil and use it at night after washing my face. It soaks in and in the morning I wake up with glowy, clear skin. I'm just amazed that something so simple can be so great.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2007 3:53:00 PM More reviews by 011705

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

And 6 months later, I'm still loving this, just as much as I did that first day! :) It makes my skin glowwww! I'am so amazed by this little oil. I agree with the reviewer below... apply to damp/wet face with damp/wet hands! My boyfriend, who also started using this when I did (&suffersfrom cysts.. his skin has never been clearer), still uses this and it's the only thing he uses. I hate the freaking packaging though. I transfer it to a different one.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/22/2007 1:36:00 PM More reviews by dreamsome

i can't say i would buy this again... i have so much left and haven't touched it in months. when my skin was really dry i would mix a few drops with moisturizer and it would make my skin look awesome. but by the end of the day it was actually quite dry as it lessened oil production. i didn't care much for it on my body either and i would never let it touch my hair! i have incredibly soft hair (which is nice to the touch- but also thin and annoying) on its own without having to add moisture.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2007 8:21:00 PM More reviews by gabiinchicago

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really love this oil. Since I do have to use benzoyl peroxide every day and glycolic acid to keep my pores clean, I absolutely have to moisturize, and this oil is the only thing I can use. Just need a drop or two on clean, moist skin. It really fools my skin into thinking that it has enough oil, so I don't produce much oil now.

From wikipedia: "Unlike common vegetable oils, jojoba oil is chemically very similar to human sebum."

There will be a sheen for a few minutes, but it goes away. If you're battling acne, you should use the following routine, and it will go away with continued use!

1. Cleanse with mild, non-soap product
2. While the skin is moist, with wet hands, rub 2 drops of the oil between your fingers and gently rub on the face.
3. Apply 2.5% benzoyl peroxide all over the affected areas. This percentage is proven to be as effective as 5% or 10% but without all the irritation
4. Use a 5-10% AHA product daily to keep pores clear - this is a must. I personally like glycolic acid. You should start with 5% and use an entire bottle so that your skin can adjust to it.

Don't use this on your feet if you plan to wear flipflops or sandals because it makes the color from my shoes bleed onto my feet - sad but true; but it's probably true of any oil.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2007 11:04:00 AM More reviews by tinerda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i love this, i use it on my face and it makes it so dewy and nice, i used to have dry skin now it is great, also i dunno why everyone complains about packaging, i think it is fine.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2007 10:07:00 PM More reviews by doombloom

I really, really wish this had worked for me- I had kind of gotten my hopes up for this product. I don't normally break out, but I do get the occasional pimple and I do have some blackheads on my nose. My skin also gets pretty dry in the winter. So, anyways, I bought a bottle of jojoba oil at Trader Joe's and used it as a moisturizer on my face. It didn't really get rid of my dry skin, but I will say that it did loosen up a few blackheads and it got rid of some small bumps on my forehead.

However, after using this for a couple of days, I broke out pretty badly. Since the jojoba oil didn't seem to help with my dry skin, it made it really hard to cover up the blemishes. I tried mixing it with my regular lotion, but it didn't help. Nevertheless, I figured I was already halfway through and there wasn't much of a point in stopping- until, that is, I saw a large, painful cyst develop. Pretty much ew. I do know that cysts are caused by your skin producing too much oil, so, in my very un-expert opinion, I'm pretty certain the jojoba oil was the oily culprit. (You have to understand that I rarely break out and that I have NEVER gotten a cyst before in my life, so I freaked out.) Cysts can scar, so I stopped using the jojoba oil immediately and began treating the cyst and the blemishes with BHA. That seemed to do the trick for them, and the cyst didn't scar, although for a few days there was an angry red mark on my forehead. There are also lots of bumps on my forehead with gunk in them- gross, I know!

Again, I really wish this had worked for me. I tend to break out if I get sweaty/oily (if you tend to get blackheads or white bumps that get inflamed if you pick at them you probably have the same issue), and I have sensitive skin, too, so if you have either you might want to try something else.