November 26, 2014 | 1754 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2008 1:14:00 PM More reviews by helloxtina

Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream is my HG Moisturizer!
First off, I used it on my face, it gives such great feeling on my face!
I thought it was a bit too greasy but it absorbs very well, if you pat your face after applying it.
My face is really smooth and flake-free now! I had some acnes and due to BP, my skin was very flaky and dry, but after using this product my face remarkably improved its texture.
and I began to apply it on my body and it's great! It gives such a smooth skin all over...
I used to spend 2-3 times more on face moisturizer and body cream before I found this product but Cetaphil does work for me at very affordable price! and it's really easy to find! in fact, it's everywhere.... like big drug stores...
The only con is the packaging! if you tend to use it on your body only then I guess the jar packaging is okay...

TIP: If you go to Wal-mart, they had a little tube packaging along w/ this big jar too! I have both of the jar & tube type; jar for my body and tube for my face :D

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2008 9:32:00 PM More reviews by elice1280

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I can't live without the Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream. This cream might feel oily/greasy at first, but once your skin gets used to it, it will do wonders. I use it morning and night and leaves my face hydrated all day! When I have dry red patches on my skin, I use this product twice a day, and it goes away fairly quickly. I have used more high-end brands (SKII & La Mer), but nothing works better on my skin than Cetaphil. I highly recommend this product! Cannot beat the price!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2008 12:56:00 AM More reviews by candyv

Originally I bought this to be used for my flaky face. After getting a semi face peel, my face seemed to be going nowhere. I tried it once at night and after that night, I decided this did not go on your face!!

If you read the ingredients, it has petroleum in it. Petroleum is great for underneath your eyes (to moisturize the most sensible parts of your face) but never on your cheeks. The day after, my face had gotten 2 new whiteheads, one on my upper lip and one on my left cheek.

I went and bought the Moisturizing LOTION instead, which does not include petroleum in it. BUT!! Let me tell you, I put this all over my body and I fell in love. It really gets in your skin, it feels so silky and smooth, I have never felt my legs feel so nice before. They don't even itch. I haven't tried it after shaving because I do get very irritated, but I will update with the results. SO far, this is the GREATEST body lotion I have ever found. Will definetely buy again, this time not for my face =)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2008 12:05:00 AM More reviews by reverie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Another great, non-gimmicky product from Cetaphil that does what it claims to do. It moisturises, and it does a great job without irritating my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2008 5:01:00 PM More reviews by chelleeebelly

i bought this as my cheap alternative to my fave body moisturizer (kiehls). at first i wasn't blown away by it. it didn't feel extremely moisturizing and it doesn't leave your skin silky smooth like kiehls.

i kept using it though because its scentless (which i love), and it was cheap for a huge amount of product.

after a few consecutive days though, i began to notice that my skin felt deliciously soft and smooth. and my legs weren't itchy and dry anymore! this shook my world! no other moisturizer besides kiehls gets rid of the itchy flakes on my legs. even my bf commented on how smooth my skin felt!!

overall, i will def keep buying! its priced reasonably, easy to buy, and does what it says! the only cons that i can see are : packaging and the fact that it is a HEAVY cream. i don't know how this will fare in warmer climate (will it get sticky?) but its definitely a good choice if you need heavy duty stuff!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2008 3:05:00 PM More reviews by BRANDI7013

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My dermatologist recommends this. In fact, I think every dermatologist recommends this. But, I bought the pump one and quit using it because I think it is 'too simple.' Wierd, but thats just how I feel about this product. It doesn't do anything over the top like lock in moisture for more than 8 hours. And, on top of that, its kind of sticky. But, I rate it nicely because my hubby uses it and he gets ashy. So, he likes it because it works for him!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2008 10:08:00 PM More reviews by Steph84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a great moisturizer for someone with sensitive skin. I use this every night on my face and use it on my body as well. It never stings and it does not have any fragrance. I like it a LOT better than the lotion--the lotion is a lot more oily than the cream. I have the big tub of it and I scoop out some and store in a smaller container for use on my face. It's not that sanitary so sometimes I wipe off the top of the cream. Germs aside, I highly recommend this to anyone with sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2008 12:08:00 PM More reviews by camilla8

This is a great, all purpose cream for dry skin, or if you have excema. I use it on my son, and with daily use it completely cleared up his excema. I use it on any of my dry spots. I love that it is sorta a heavy cream (I for one like heavy creams on my body because I think the heavy creams seem to sink in and really stay on your skin). I have used it sparingly and lightly on my face with no issues. Just don't slather it on, could clog pores. My only big gripe is that I think it's a tad expensive. And I'm not too keen on the large tub. But it's alright, and it's still a great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2008 11:54:00 PM More reviews by leah732

I really like this stuff for my super-dry skin on my body, but i never thought to use this on my face. I am now using this as a night cream, but not long enough to write about it. But I would love to update review if i see any changes. I don't know why i never thought to use this on my face since it is non-comodegenic. But overall, this is a staple in bathroom cabinet. If ur not a dry skin type, then this may be a little greasy for you.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2008 10:33:00 PM More reviews by Rapunzelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My dermatologist recommended this to me years ago when I was a kid with bad excema. Turns out it wasn't effected by the products I used but was stress related so since then I've been able to use other products. This is a very good cream. Moisturizing and effective and not too expensive. It's fragrance free, though it does have a slight scent. I don't usually like lotions with petroleum products in them because they tend to leave a film on my skin or make my skin feel like it's suffocating, but this doesn't have that effect. I still prefer to use lotions without petroleum however. A tub will last you forever. I like it enough to buy it again, but there are so many other wonderful lotions and creams on the market sans petroleum products (with lovely scents that I like) that I'm not sure I will. If you need something for sensitive skin then this is your product. It is So much better than Eucerin (I hate that stuff...it feels like plastic on my skin).