October 26, 2014 | 1022 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2011 4:33:00 AM More reviews by anaelleee

I had such high hopes for this product, and unfortunately it didnt meet my standards, but it wasnt a complete fail.

It promises to be smudge sproof....yeahhh...no. When I first bought it (in blackest black), I loved the packaging, looked great, and the colour was nice, creamy, rich and pigmented, but it faded and smudge quite a bit and I don't have oily lids at all. I tried with primer, and it lasted a bit longer, but honestly, I can already barely wake up every morning for school, so I cant afford to spend alol my time on makeup.

The brush it comes with is okay, but it isnt really precise..I prefer my bobbi brown eyeliner brush. I paid $12+tax for this at shoppers, and I seriously dont think it was worth it. If it was cheaper, I may have bought more just because Im curious of whether or not the other colours smudge this much, but I find I still prefer the physician's formula one and the loreal one (:

rated 2 of 5 on 9/6/2011 12:12:00 PM More reviews by hcle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

thank goodness for trials. tried this on a tlocal priceline and it looked lovely. dramatic line, acheivable with brush given.
looked indistinguishable from MAC.
however throughtou the course of the day i wiped this of about 5x times. so
NOOOOOOOOOOOO. i hated it, wish i didnt have it on at all, woke up the next day with panda eyes.

so Mac > maybelline unfortunately the serach for a cheaper long lasting gel eyeliner goes on.
this was about $15AU.. i can get MAC for the same price on ebay. i might as well wait a few days to get the mac..

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2011 11:16:00 AM More reviews by liteenie

On the way to dinner, I noticed some of my eyeliner had smudged off so I stopped at a Walgreens to pick up an eyeliner. I wanted the pencil eyeliner by Maybelline but they were out of black so I picked up this gel eyeliner.
Pros: pigmented, creamy, GREAT brush
Cons: smudges under my eyes

I use Inglots gel liner if I need 100% budge-proof eyeliner but I see myself turning to this for normal day-to-day wear. I find it more pigmented than MAC Fluidline and it stays a little better than Stila Smudgepot. The brush is comparable to Bobbi Brown's eyeliner brush, which I really like for gel liner.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2011 4:05:00 PM More reviews by Kaaatttiiiiee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great eyeliner, i have been using pencil eyeliners for ages and finally tried gel eyeliner as i cannot use liquid ones. Only downside to it is that i do find it smudges underneath my eye after a few hours of wearing (but i am a contact lense wearer and sometimes my eyes water so don't actually know if its the eyeliner itself). I don't use the brush that is provided as i have found a better alternative, but if you don't have another brush to use it is a decent brush, but creates quite a thick line

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2011 1:22:00 PM More reviews by d61rlz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

amazing inexpensive gel liner!

PROs :
-the black is so intense
-dry quick on the eye (idk if this is a pros or cons.. for me is a pros :)
-heavy texture so u don't need to re-apply
-long lasting
-doesn't fade easily
-easy to remove
-affordable price of course
-the packaging made from glass or something,so if it's dry u could sink into hot water :)
-have a good quality
-safe for sensitive eyes :)

CONs :
-dry really fast if u open the lid everytime u use it but you could use point 8 above ;p
-the packaging not too attractive i guess

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2011 8:06:00 AM More reviews by seana

This product is AMAZING :) It is by far the best Gel i've used. The brush is brilliant, it is so easy to apply. I used it for a college photo shoot and it stayed perfect didn't smudge and suited the diffrent models I used.
I will be buying this little beaut again for sure :) I want to try the other colours as I could only get my hands on black for now....

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2011 12:16:00 PM More reviews by erasgem

I got tired of using liquid eyeliner because it dries too fast, and then pencil doesn't quite work for me either. So I decided to give this a try when it came out. I have to say, It's very very nice! It has never smudged for the past...years that I have used it. I like how they give you a brush ( I kind of ruined it =(...) It's easy to put on, smooth and pigmented.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2011 10:09:00 PM More reviews by ChristyLuu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love it. I'm glad I switched to this. The HIP cream liner always dried up and clumped. This goes on smooth and gives a fine line. I didn't use the brush that it came with though. I used a different kind of brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2011 8:40:00 AM More reviews by ik18101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

WOW.... Now im the WORST Person when it comes to any kind of liner. Now everyones been on about how easy GEL LINER is so i thought if give it a shot. So instead of buying an overally expensive one, i decided to go cheap and buy a cheaper one instead just to give it a try. I bought the maybelline one and was surprised by the posh packaging which was a grey long thin carton shaped package with the gel-liner and applicator inside. I was pleased with that. So, my first attempt at the eyeliner and i failed.. miserably. I then removed it with a makeup wipe and tried again.. this time i did quite well and managed to create a perfectly straight line... i even added a decent flick!! This is really easy to use and creates PERFECT flicks!! I Would highly reccomend it as it easy to use, cheap, last agesss, and the packagings great!! ...Just remember... Practice makes perfect! x

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2011 2:38:00 AM More reviews by IamAleks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my first gel eyeliner and absolutely like it! It's very easy to apply although i don't have much experiense of using gel eyeliner.

Colour: I have this eyeliner in 01 black. It looks on the eyes just like it looks in the package -true black.

How I use it: goes well both ways: as thin line for neutral day-time make up and as thick bridget bardo-style cat eye make up))). Usually I apple it with MAC angled brush (263 - bigger one or 208 - smaller one, haven't use brush that goes with this liner just because for me it's comfortabler to use MAC brushes - I'm used to them) And any black eyeshadow above - just to fix it a bit better.I think it's important to mention that I use primer. After all of this it stays forever!!... well, at least - one night out)))

Package: pretty nice, doesn' get broken in my big and heavy bag.

So, for now, after using it about a month - absolutely love it. Very possible will buy again