April 17, 2014 | 931 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2011 12:27:00 PM More reviews by Crivera313

This stuff doesn't stay on my eyelids for longer than 5 hours. It isn't as dark as I would like it to be either. The brush that comes with it isn't bad though. The wet and wild cream liner is much better compared to this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2011 11:49:00 AM More reviews by KiwiPi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I was skeptical about this eyeliner at first--not a big Maybelline fan. Turns out, though, that it works great. I wear quite a bit of eyeliner most days, either a cat-eye or a smokey eye, and this works great for both. I use it more often for a smokey eye, because it's blendable and looks great when I smudge it up with eyeshadow. Generally, doesn't budge, but does bleed a little bit toward the inner eye corner (sometimes I fill in the more moist eye areas w/Jemma Kidd i-tech liquid liner in Sculpt, because that stuff NEVER budges until you tell it to). This gel liner is actually better than others I have tried, including Pixi's. The best part: THE BRUSH ROCKS!!!! I use it for all of my gel liners, and just clean it after I'm done. Looking forward to trying the eggplant color, because I haven't found a good eyeliner in that color yet and love to pair it w/my eyecolor (green).

UPDATE (7/21/11 EDIT): I did pick this up in Eggplant, yesterday, and tried it this morning. I do have to say I'm a little disappointed. I was hoping it would be an intense, dark purple, but it really isn't. It didn't apply all that well, either - got a little clumpy and flaky. I used it to make a purple smokey eye, layering NP Set eyeshadow from the Amsterdam trio, but in the end it still could have been darker. Will continue to experiment. Still a big fan of the black.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/18/2011 3:21:00 AM More reviews by christinaa45

I've used this eyeliner for six months now (got two as a gift) and at first I loved it! Great color, consistency, and price. However, I've noticed that the longer you have it, the more it dries out (even though I kept the cap on mine) and it also goes from pitch black to almost like a dark grey, which I hate. I like my eyeliner pitch pitch black. Because it dries out, you can't do thin lines anymore because it tugs on your eyelid! Plus, the dark grey is just a huge no. One good thing is that it really does stay ALL DAY and doesn't budge. No smudging, no nothing.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2011 3:28:00 PM More reviews by amberterry

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The packaging made me believe i was getting a little more in the jar than i actually got, but i love the product. it goes on very smoothly and lasts all day for me. i would love to be able to find a wider range of colors... like a purple/plum color.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2011 2:33:00 PM More reviews by RBBJ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had heard from different reviews that this would be a topdollar product. So I decided to give it a try. Luckely it was on sale, I didn't even know untill the cashier told me the reduced price. Love it when that happens! :)

Getting of track here... The product is amazing! I ride my bike to work, and it (as almost the only thing) stays put! If I fall a sleep with this on, it doesn't budge. It's amazing!

When I run out I'll definately need to replace it!

The consistency is nice, comparable to any high street gel liner.

The design is luxurious!

All in all, you will regret not buying this product. It saves you money and time!

Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2011 11:21:00 AM More reviews by b_jones

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this eyeliner! For years I wore liquid eyeliner and they discontinued one of my favs. I tried this on a whim and to my surprise it is awesome. I thought that the pot was a bit small but it seems to last a long time. The applicator is even awesome...... I must admit I have a great love for high end make-up but this is my new fav. I keep catching buy one get one 50% off sales so I have been stck piling them cause I am scared ..... because my favorites always seem to be discontinued.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/15/2011 1:02:00 PM More reviews by karimill8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to love this eyeliner, after all the reviews, unfortunately that is not the case. The first day I used this it seemed I had found my HG eyeliner. Was easy to use, highly pigmented and had staying power. Then day 2 and 3 it went downhill. It dried out, almost cakey, was difficult to apply. HUGE disappointment. I read in another review that someone put water in there because theirs dried out too. Not a fan at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2011 3:31:00 PM More reviews by alex193

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

**UPDATE** Unfortunately, I have to downgrade this product to a 3. It dries out too quickly in the pot, and I now know that it irritates my eye skin. I gets dry on the eye skin, which is noce for longevity (doesn't flake or anything), but makes it so difficult to remove. I"ll still use it for the occasional dramatic cat eye, but I can't wear it on a daily basis anymore. Plus, I think it's too expensive.

I LOVE this stuff. I wear a fair amount of eyeliner on a daily basis and have for years and years - sometimes I like the cat-eye, sometimes a modern smudged, sometimes a really dark heavy smoked eye, but the common denominator is BLACK BLACK eyeliner! I have tried many many liners and this is by far my favorite. Most pencils are either too skinny or too smudgy, or the auto-sharpening ones break off, so for a long time I was using a concoction of black eyeshadow mixed with eyelid primer which was working well. I was so happy to see a drug-store brand doing gel eyeliner - I couldn't be more happy with it. It stays on , it's super black, the brush that comes with it kicks ass, and I have gone through a whole jar without it drying up. I compared it with the E.L.F. cream eyeliner, and the E.L.F. was not as dark and it smudged more easily.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff. It's an HG product for me. I'm sure there are higher-end brands that are just as great or even better, but I'm a drug-store makeup gal and this stuff just rocks.

TIP: For smokey with this eyeliner, I do a thick line, then go over it with a small fluffy brush loaded with black eyeshadow, concentrating more on the ends. It blurs the line and looks great. If I want it even blacker, I will go over that again with the eyeliner.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2011 8:07:00 AM More reviews by troglodyte

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Excellent eyeliner, very black, easy to apply, doesn't move around once applied and easy to take off. The jar looks small but it lasts a long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2011 3:16:00 AM More reviews by misscal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

At first it seems like $8.00 is a lot for this tiny little jar, but it definitely lasts. I wear eyeliner almost daily, so for me to say that it lasts means that moderate users will find this product valuable.

One of the nice things is that it automatically comes with the applicator. In stores like Sephora the applicator is sold separately and the cheapest ones (last time I checked) were $13.00! Mind you that is NOT including the eye liner gel itself.

I like the way the get rolls on. It takes time to learn to do it swiftly, but I think that's fair to say with any make up product. Once in a while I have to touch it up during the day, but it's not a terrible bother.

Over all it's good quality and a fair price. The only improvement that could be made is the brush bristle. Over time the tip sort of molds and so it can be difficult to clean it.