Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

cyclopentasiloxane, propylsilsesquioxane, ceresin, isodecane, cyclohexasiloxane, caprylyl methicone, synthetic fluorphlogopite, silica silyate, disteardimonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, propylene carbonate, candelilla wax, caprylyl glycol, aluminum hydroxide, calcium sodium borosilicate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica, tin oxide. [ ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499/iron oxides, mica, ci 77491/titanium dioxide, ci 77007/ultramarines, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci 77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/manganese violet, ci 42090/blue 1 lake, ci 19140/yellow 5 lake, ci 77510/ferric ammonium ferrocyanide]

on 10/22/2011 2:22:00 PM

I'm slowly being disappointed with this liner :/... It's definitely waterproof but BY GEORGE DOES IT SMEAR!! i wear it to school and by the end of the day i have raccoon eyes... when i apply it to the top of my eyes it fades by the end of the day and the bottom could win a i just got punched contest....definitely not to be use under the eyes :/... i'm also lazy with cleaning my brushes so i think i'm going to be switching over to liquid liners now... This just isn't the liner for me...

on 10/19/2011 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I would have given this a higher rating had it not been for how irritated this made my eyes.

I think this is a comparable product to the MAC gel liner, quite a nice texture, easy to apply, and I didn't mind the brush that came with it either. Made a great dramatic winged eye.

The only problem is, I wear contact lenses and this stuff seemed to kind of flake into my eyes and then get stuck on my contact lenses and it was quite hard to clean off my lenses - I had to rub hard! It also felt like I had clumps of dirt in my eyes which was quite irritating and hard to deal with when I work in front of a computer all day and had red streaming eyes!

I only wish that this had of worked out for me because otherwise it was quite promising and so cheap! Would be a great product for someone less prone to irritation :o(

on 10/19/2011 2:27:00 AM

this is one of those products i got just because of all the amazing reviews it has here on MUA. and again i thank you all.
i never would have guesed that maybeline could have such a great item.
pros:
super black
goes on really smoothly
last for a really long time
doesn't hurt my super sensitive eyes
cheap
great brush
cons:
none what so ever

*update* after using it for a few months I realized that I was trying hard to love it but it just kept failing me over and over again (during summer!)
sticking to liquid liners!

on 10/19/2011 1:50:00 AM

I bought this because of all the rave reviews. I love the brush; it makes it easy to apply. It's definitely waterproof, but not smudge proof. I wear this to school and by third block, I have raccoon eyes. Definitely not buying this again.

on 10/16/2011 5:24:00 PM

I have the brown, charcoal, & eggplant and I just purchased the LE shades in Forest & Sapphire. I love the forest. It's a deep vibrant forest green shade. The sapphire is a little darker than I had hoped. I was hoping for a more vibrant indigo or cobalt color like the color of a real sapphire but this is so dark it's almost black. For me anyway. I still like it though. I prefer Maybelline's gel eyeliner over Coastal Scents or other d/s brands. Eyeliner (like mascara) isn't something I'll spend big bucks on for name brand. I really like the quality of this product. I've had the brown & charcoal for several years (I bought it when they first came out) and I don't have any drying issues.

I know 10 bucks seems a lot for eyeliner for some but I was able to buy the Sapphire & Forest for BOGO1/2. You can always find these sales at your local drugstore so you really don't need to pay full price for it. It seems like I read all the time where someone is complaining how high drugstore prices are now. Well, I've been wearing makeup since the mid 80's and I can tell you that drugstore makeup is such a higher quality than it used to be. You are paying for what you get. Just because you buy high-priced items at the department store doesn't necessarily mean you are getting a much better quality item. I can afford the high priced items but I go for quality, not a price tag. Many times, this takes me to drugstore items. continued >>

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Coarse

Very creamy and moist, yet doesn't budge once it's applied. I've had mine for quite a while now and it hasn't even started to dry out like my Wet 'N Wild one did after a couple of months. My only beef with it is that it's a little pricey for a drugstore product (what is up with these drugstore products undergoing serious price explosions making them comparable to what you'd pay at Sephora?).

Bottom line: great product, lasts a long time (both on your eye and in its packaging), and the brush it comes with is better than most free brushes.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is my first gel liner purchase and I'm liking it so far.I've spent a great deal of time debating on which to get I've considered Mac,Bobbi brown and the Inglot one but this is much cheaper than those so I chose it as well as having read many reviews that claim it's just as good as them and the fact that everywhere I go it's sold out in my country so it must be good right.The eyeliner is very creamy and goes on smoothly,it makes perfecting the cat eye much more simpler.It has good pigmentation and staying power.I use the brush that is supplied with it to put on the liner on my lid while for the wing I use a thin angled brush.Will surely repurchase once it runs out.

on 10/14/2011 7:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

before i tell you how much i love this eyeliner, i have to say, after trying it out once at home, i went out to buy two more for my mum and sister, it is absolutely great!!!
the application brush is splendid and is thin enough for me to make my dramatic cat eyes or subtle eyes. it stays all day, you dnt need to coat it over and over again, once does d trick and it isnt shiny,it is black as night and beautiful, and dries almost immediately. i havent found an eyeliner i love since sleek's liquid liner but i love this even more. no downside 4 me. great product!

on 10/12/2011 6:16:00 AM

The gel dried up easily which sometimes makes it hard to get it on the brush. so, i applied a few drops of facial olive oil to make it slightly easier to apply. it works. The eyeliner isnt 100% smudge proof tho. but it last throught the day. overall, i wouldnt buy it again.

on 10/12/2011 1:57:00 AM

I first bought the loreal hip creme liner but returned it because it smudged on my crease throughout the day. Hoped that the maybe line eye studio would be better but it's unfortunately much worse! The loreal at least stayed on all day, but the maybe line creme liner comes off so easily, that it actually disappears throughout the day. Completely. And it smudges... Not sure how this is possible since it's supposed to be waterproof :( the brush that comes with it is actually pretty decent though (loreal brush sucked). In conclusion, I regret buying it and would not buy it again since it comes off for me.

Video Reviews & Tutorials