BeneFit Cosmetics High Beam

on 1/1/2010 1:18:00 PM

this is good for the "dewy" look, especially when trying to look naturally pretty and like you arent wearing a lot of make up. I like to mix it with benetint and use as my blusher. You do have to be careful not to use too much though and i appreciate it is expensive. It does last a long time though.

I do love this product but I have a bone to pick about it. It's a beautiful pearl y barely pink highlighter that has a really thin formulation so that it blends in well. It's great to mix into foundations for a dewy glow. However, it's ridiculously overpriced. I think that when I run out of my mini High Beam, I'll use Boots High Lights Illuminating Lotion instead- it's very similar and a heck of a lot cheaper.

on 12/30/2009 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Was a little too subtle and glittery for me. Returned it to Sephora.

on 12/30/2009 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This highlighter is amazing! I really like it, it gives your skin a really pretty glow and it looks so pretty on!! I love it! the only thing I do not like very much is the packaging, because the container is glass, but other than that it is awesome!!!!

on 12/27/2009 8:40:00 AM

This product is very good as it gives you a good highlight especially on the brow boone and cheek bones as it gives you a natural looking glow. It looks very natural and doesn't look like your noticably wearing make up which is always good if it looks natural i also gives a shimmer effect...brilliant!!

on 12/26/2009 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Interesting product. I tried using this on my cheeks and under my eyes and it gives me a slight glow. Today I used it on my eyelids over my existing eyeshaodw (inner corner) and then did the smokey eye on the outer corner, and this created a beautiful sultry look.

I really wanted a product to give me a natural glow without looking oily or overdone, and this totally did the job! I use it everyday in my makeup routine and since I've been using it, many people have told me that I look like I'm glowing. The packaging is fun and the application is unique, but totally works. This is a must have in your collection!!!

THIS. was so worth the wait. SO worth the price. AMAZING.

on 12/24/2009 4:40:00 PM

Love this product. HOWEVER, do not get this from the SF downtown Macy's Benefit store. The sales person who was reluctant to help me had a horrible atttitude. Then she grabbed a high beam from the shelf which was farther away from where the rest of high beam's were placed. She directly gave it to the cashier without having me looked at it (which I thought was normal). So I didn't think too much about it until I got back home and I saw small specks in the bottle!! I went back to the store the next day and the person there was trying to deny it at first, but when I compare it with the other ones on the shelf, it's SO obvious that the one I got was a bad product!! This story just teaches me to check my purchase before leaving the store every freaking time.

on 12/22/2009 2:20:00 AM

a very good highlighter! i don't use foundation or any base makeup because it gives me rash. i use high beam then benetint and looks good to me. i also apply it with no other makeup and my face looks newly washed. my friends bought high beam too and they match it with their blushes. it's a bit expensive but it's a wonderful product so i'll buy it again.

Video Reviews & Tutorials