October 24, 2014 | 1910 users online

Highlighters - BeneFit Cosmetics - High Beam [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2009 8:47:00 AM More reviews by firework_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'd forgotten about my little bottle of High Beam until recently. I dug it out again & have been using it more than my MAC msf collection.
    It's easy to apply & blending is a dream. Takes me less than a minute to do both cheeks. I also like to use it on the inner corners of my eyes, gives me a wide awake look & it stays on far better than using a shimmery powder.
    While it is quite a vivid highlight, it can look quite natural for day-time wear. I just use smaller dots than I would for a night out.
    Looks far more natural than powdery highlighters & there's no huge glitter flecks to deal with.
    Will definitely repurchase & am looking at getting Moon Beam to try out too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2009 9:51:00 PM More reviews by wiseowl

Great product. Looks pretty natural on me and no bad reactions. Have family members w/health problems. So there are days, weeks, months where I may be practically living in a hospital room shuttling fresh books and mags to sick family and no time to put on makeup. So, on days like that, this stuff is great. I put a small dot on each of my cheeks, quickly rub, and I don't look so fatigued. For people who like the natural pinkiness, but want less irridescence, I'd suggest Benefit That Gal. That Gal is only so-so for me as a primer, but a little applied to cheeks is like a pared down version of High Beam. But with High Beam, I really like it because being fair means loads of blushers look too dark or unnatural on me, but I still want a little life in my cheeks. Great w/a little blusher, but using w/out is great for a minimalist approach to cheeks. Update: decided to take one lippie off, not because I've experienced any problems w/it, but I could see how a person first using this could accidentally use too much and be ridiculously irrid. in the day time. It's still a personal five for me, but I want to indicate to first timers w/this product that you should apply conservatively--it's like salt, you can always add more, but much harder to subtract when too much has been added.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2009 4:59:00 PM More reviews by petmyskurvette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros:
    - Great staying power
    - Lovely, natural, dewy finish
    - Natural, beautiful color
    - No breakouts

Cons:
    - My bottle is slightly old and has been beat up in my bag- this has caused the lettering on the bottle to flake off, which gets on my fingers, which gets on my face and is hard to remove without some scotch tape

Conclusion: I adore this highlighter. I generally insist on natural or organic makeup without parabens, but, I cannot resist purchasing this even if it isn't natural or organic. No other highlighter is as amazing! I always feel very pretty when I am wearing it. I dab it on my cheek bones and brow bones and feel like I instantly have amazing skin. Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2009 7:03:00 PM More reviews by kizkad

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this is such a gorgeous highlighter, gives a lovely soft glow to cheekbones and temples and i also apply to my nose, very soft and subtle ideal to wear over makeup but i try not to rub it in rather just stipple it as if i rub it in too hard it completely takes my blush and foundation off with i. overall a beautiful radiant highlight pinky colour will def repurchase in the future

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2009 10:25:00 AM More reviews by nelson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

WILL I EVER RUN OUT OF THIS STUFF?!!!! I have had the same bottle for about, ooooh lets say six to seven years and i've still got a third of the bottle left! I don't use it every day, only when i can be bothered or when i want to look especially nice. I put it on just under my brow and on the top part of my cheekbones to try and fake a kate moss-like angular beauty, haa haa as if a bottle of this stuff is gonna do that!
    I am a bit worried that it is starting to smell a bit and i'm sure it's because the brush comes in contact with either your finger or directly on to your face and then it goes back in the bottle. Maybe a tiny pump pack style would be the answer (although i'm sure makeup artists are absolutely apalled at the thought of not tossing out a product after a year or so anyway!)
    Soooo, i'm thinking i might have to get rid of it and start again or experiment with another similar product (though i think i'll end up waisting my money which always happens when i stray from a product i love!!)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2009 12:53:00 PM More reviews by echurch662

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i like this highlighter its a liquid which comes in a 13ml bottle its like a nail polish it has a nail polish brush as the applicator cant say i like the applicator brush makes it hard to apply it can get everywhere it takes practice, the highlighter itself has a really light pink undertone which is really nice and natural on the face it does give you a 'glow' i use it with the benefit coralista and i complements it very well overall a good product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2009 7:44:00 PM More reviews by pocky

There are many excellent reviews for High Beam. I really have nothing more to add, only that I'm taking off lippies for price and packaging. I can't, for the life of me, understand why Benefit is so expensive. High Beam is not even a full half ounce and yet is so expensive. I just can't get over that. I'm also not crazy about the applicator brush, as other reviewers have mentioned. However, since dotting highlighter onto the face is really the best application technique, I snipped off the brush and use a clean eyeliner brush to apply every time. That should cut down on contamination, which will hopefully save my skin. I haven't experienced any breakouts with High Beam.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2009 1:03:00 PM More reviews by hollyannie2001

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been a devoted HB user for upwards of 10 years now (having bought probably only 2 bottles in that time -- a bottle lasts FOREVER). I must disagree with the users who feel this is not good for fair skin. On the contrary, I feel this works perfectly on my very light skin. I am careful with the shimmers and highlighters I apply, as anything too dark is liable to appear dirty or muddy on me. HB is the perfect natural fair glow that simply makes my skin look like it is glowing from within. I don't use it every day (another reason the bottles last me a long time) but I tend to use it (a) as part of my evening/going out routine or (b) on days when I feel my skin is looking a little dull, tired or flat.

Here is how I typically apply it:

1. Get one tiny drop (about the size of the round head of a pin) on my finger tip. This is almost enough for a full application.
    2. Out of this drop, touch three small dots onto the tops of each cheekbone.
    3. Out of the same drop, touch one tiny dot directly onto the arch of each brow. (The highest point of the arch, below the lowest row of hairs.)
    4. (Occasionally I need to just touch the tip of the brush to get enough highlighter for this final step) Touch one small dot on each temple.
    5. Blend the dots across the top of each cheekbone, then, using the same fingers I blended with, blend upward toward the temple in a "C" shape (outside the outer corner of the eye) on each side until I reach the dot on each temple. Blend the temple dots down along the same "C" shape I just traced on the way up from the cheekbones.

That's it! It takes about 45 seconds and my skin instantly has a natural glow.

Based on a tip from a magazine, I am currently experimenting with a new application where I use a tiny drop of HB on my undereye circles before applying concealer (Lancome Effacernes in Clair). According to the MU artist quoted in the magazine, this brings light to the undereye area and causes the shadows to recede further than concealer alone can make them do. I've only done this two or three times so far. Overall I am OK with it but I don't have significant undereye circles so I am not sure how this would work for someone who had very deep/dark ones.

17 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2009 10:08:00 AM More reviews by CocoMinx

I love this highlighter! it blends so well into your own makeup that it looks like your face is naturally luminous!! Can't get much better than that, can you? I only use this in a diagonal sweep across each cheek in an attempt to capture the 'high cheek bone' look for myself.

It is fabulous, and a total must-have in my make up bag. I just wish they would stop putting talc in their products...not everyone reacts well to it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2009 2:37:00 PM More reviews by almost40

RIS BN and its lovely.It looks very pretty and natural on my fair skin and Im so pleased I've finally got to try this.I said I wouldnt buy again because I didnt buy it in the first place and I also think it'll last ages.It is expensive for the amount you get tho and they're are some great dupes out there (mememe)