December 21, 2014 | 1659 users online

Scrubs - Dermalogica - Daily Microfoliant

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2003 7:35:00 AM More reviews by Shift

Great product- makes skin very soft and smooth. Results evident after first use. The best exfoliant I have ever used.Price reduced at Foundation cosmetics.com- $20 AUD cheaper than what I paid at my Beautician.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/5/2003 10:59:00 AM More reviews by myyong

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product really did help me get rid of the blackheads on my nose! BUT, it is really too harsh and drying for my skin. If I use it everyday, I get a rash, and even if I use it every other day, my skin goes a bit red for an hour or so. My skin is sensitive/dry/flaky. I think it might be the detergents in the product that dries me up, rather than the exfoliant itself.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2003 11:52:00 AM More reviews by big_eder

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Oh wow. I've been using this for 4 months and I've found my HG morning cleanser. Since it's a very gentle exfoliant (uses rice enzymes), it doesn't really remove makeup or anything, but used every morning, it's gotten rid of 99% of my blackheads! I don't ever (and I mean EVER) have to use a harsher facial scrub anymore, because I never have flakies or dry patches, pretty amazing since my skin is extremely dry and dehydrated! It does take about a minute to rub it in every morning, but that's a minute well-spent IMHO -- the massaging motion really helps with circulation. I use both the circular and patting motions that facialists use. When I rinse it off, my face is absolutely glowing! BTW, my skin is really sensitive, too... all you ladies who are plagued with sensitive skin and find most face scrubs too much for you, you have to try this! One bottle lasts for ages, too, so it's really inexpensive when it breaks down.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2003 6:15:00 AM More reviews by JJH1

Since I swear by Dermalogica's Gentle Cream Exfoliant, I was surprised at this product's results - or rather the lack thereof. I don't see any difference in my skin, and at $45 for the smallest size, I should. Also, I don't like the salt-shaker packaging or the add-water requirement.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2003 9:15:00 PM More reviews by caprichozza

Great polishing exfoliant; it really makes my face soft without harsh abrasives.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2003 3:48:00 PM More reviews by GonnaBeARockStar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This little bottle was about $41.50, but my mom got it for $20. Its still very expensive for a little bottle. I liked the texture of the stuff. It went on my face really smooth. It exfoliates gently, unlike the cheaper scrubs that are rough on my skin. I think that this stuff evened out my skin too. However, this is nothing amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2003 4:14:00 PM More reviews by indulgensplendor

I love this stuff!!!!!! I was a little skeptical when I first used it because the paste was so smooth and there weren't any little granules. But I was pleasantly shocked after I was done using it. My face was so smooth and it looked radiant. This evened out my skintone and just made my skin look fabulous. It is a little pricey but totally worth every penny.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2003 12:44:00 PM More reviews by DeedeeL

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am a big fan of scrub "powders," I've tried Fresh's Rice Face Wash, and the dreaded Komenuka Bijan fall-apart-when-wet packet thingies. This is by far the best. I can't believe I've thrown over my Fresh for this, but I believe it is far more effective on my oily skin esp. in summer. (I may switch back to the Fresh in winter.) Like the Fresh and the KB, this is a powdery cleanser that starts off ever so slightly granular-ish, and melts into you skin as it gets wetter. It is so gentle you can use it daily. You don't get the feeling it is abrading sensitive skin either. It is pricey- only one size available, and it's $41.50. However, you use little so maybe it will last longer than the Fresh (one tin of that lasted maybe 3 months for me, daily use.) It's hard to package this type of product, but Dermalogica has done a decent job placing it in a standard plastic cleanser type container with two small holes at the top which allow you to shake out a small amount. Sadly, if you shake too much out you can't get it back in. Will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2003 12:59:00 PM More reviews by mineren

Like the other positive reviews on this product, I find this product unique in ingredients and the ability to dissolve to your preference. If you like a mild scrub, this one is right up there with PTR's botanical buffing beads. The only drawback is price.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2003 3:20:00 AM More reviews by onlypanties

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

DM IS VERY NON ABRASSIVE SCRUB. I WOULD USE IT EVERYDAY IF I COULD AFFORD IT. THE DOWN SIDE IS THAT IT COMES IN LOOSE POWDER FORM SO YOU HAVE TO MAKE IT INTO A PASTE CONSISTENCY BY ADDING WATER AND THAT COULD TAKE PATIENCE, AND ACCURACY.