TRESemme Instant Heat Tamer Spray

4.1

Water, Amodimethicon , Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, PEG-12 Dimethicone, PVP, Polysorbate 20, Cetylpyridinium Chloride, DMDM Hydantoin, Trideceth-12, Cetrimonium Chloride, Benzophenone-4, Triethanolamine, Disodium EDTA, Hydrolyzed Silk, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Ascorbic Acid, Niacinamide, Biotin

on 1/20/2009 12:12:00 AM

I really like this spray. Whether or not it's protecting my hair I don't know (but God i hope so), it still makes your hair really shiny after straightening or curling it and it makes it softer too.

on 1/14/2009 2:39:00 PM

When I first used this spray I sprayed it all over my hair and then curled sections of it with a flat iron. However, once I got half way through curling, the product had dried and made my hair sticky and stiff, causing the flat iron to get stuck in my hair and refuse to curl. So, basically, now what I do is spray each section of hair right before curling it instead of spraying all of my hair first. I don't know how well it actually protects my hair from heat but it smells nice.

on 1/12/2009 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I love the spray on this thing. It's so convenient & is a very fine mist. It also doesn't make hair greasy or anything, so I use TONS of this to help protect my curls. I only give three lippies 'cause I use it with the gel, so can't really tell if this is doing anything.. but I have a feeling its only supposed to protect your hair, no defrizz or anything, & I'm pretty confident its doing just that, so that's nice. (: Perhaps a 3.5 would be a better rating.

on 1/11/2009 6:07:00 PM

I love this product. After using this product, I don't have as much split ends as I did before using this product. I love that fact its a spray so I wont have to get my hands dirty and It sprays evenly throughout my hair. The smell is also great as well.

on 1/10/2009 11:24:00 AM

THE BEST!!! Sometimes I straighen, sometimes I curl, both using a ceramic curling iron/straightener. This product makes my hair shine and calms the frizz. I have tried soooo many different brands, but this is the best and VERY reasonable priced.

on 1/9/2009 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is one of those products that you can live without and never miss it if you stopped using it BUT it is fun and nice to use. This is mainly because the bottle is phenomenal - a super fine mist comes out - I have never seen anything so fine. It smells wonderful but I can honestly say there is no difference whatsoever in my hair. The first ingredient is water, it's non greasy so you can really go nuts spraying it on with no consequence. For $4 I will repurchase, because what the heck! But unlike BTZ GetnCreamed, this is NOT life changing.

on 1/8/2009 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I have been using this product for about a lil' more than 3 years. It became a daily habit to use before blowdrying and flatironing my hair. A couple of times when I'm away from home and I forget to bring it, I feel lost and cringe at the fact that I have to flatiron and fry my hair w/o first putting on the heat tamer. I minused a lippie because it does not make my hair soft when I flat iron my hair after putting it on, it doesn't make my hair dry but it doesn't make it silky soft either. Although it ain't a miracle worker, because I believe that over time with continuous use of heatstyling ur hair will become damaged no matter what product you use to protect it, this product will just slow the process of damage versus having no protection at all. The only difference is how it makes ur hair feel. I've used other high end products which made my hair feel like straw. It felt so dry liked I just sprayed hairspray on or left mouse on my hair, I didn't feel like straightening my hair anymore. Thats why I like and prefer TREsemme heat tamer. It does not give me that feeling. YES, there might be other products out there that is just like it, if not better but, until I come across THAT product, I'm happy and content with this one!

i'm really mixed about this product. i do a lot of blow drying and flat ironing with my hair, so i needed a product that would prevent my hair from damage and i decided to give this a try. i've been using it for months now and it has worked fine when i first started using it. but lately, it hasn't been great. for the past month now i've been only using this product when i blow dry or flat iron my hair. usually i would also use the john frieda thermal protection serum with this product, but i wanted to see if using the heat tamer alone would prevent damage because the serum is pretty expensive and would save me a lot of money if i only had to buy the heat tamer. anyways, so that's what i've done for the past month now and i feel like my hair is really damaged. its rough, i have lots of split ends, and im not able to run my fingers through my hair. it doesn't have that nice shiny finish after flat ironing. so im not really sure if this product is good with the thermal serum or if its the thermal serum that's doing all the work, so im going to have to experiment again only using the thermal serum. the product isn't bad. i like the way its smells and the convenience of the spray bottle. i guess i would buy it again if the two products work well together, but if not i probably wouldn't.

on 1/2/2009 11:55:00 PM

This product i used just because i thought it actually helped my hair without actually having proof. It was super cheap, thats why i bought it in the first place. I have since moved on to other heat protectants, but i still have a half filled bottle that i may go back to just for old times sake.

on 1/2/2009 8:27:00 PM

Hair is our crowning glory; it is the swirl at the top of the ice cream! It is the perch for our tiaras! I'm fond of TRESemme shampoo and conditioners but this product left me unsatisfied! My hair felt heavy and kinda sticky! I couldn't run my fingers through my hair and neither could my love! Hmpf, I will not be repurchasing! I guess it protected my hair from my blow dryer..2 lippies.

Video Reviews & Tutorials