November 24, 2014 | 1888 users online

Styling Products - TRESemme - Instant Heat Tamer Spray

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2009 4:38:00 PM More reviews by misspris26

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is one of those products that you can live without and never miss it if you stopped using it BUT it is fun and nice to use. This is mainly because the bottle is phenomenal - a super fine mist comes out - I have never seen anything so fine. It smells wonderful but I can honestly say there is no difference whatsoever in my hair. The first ingredient is water, it's non greasy so you can really go nuts spraying it on with no consequence. For $4 I will repurchase, because what the heck! But unlike BTZ GetnCreamed, this is NOT life changing.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2009 4:14:00 PM More reviews by TinkPink808

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for about a lil' more than 3 years. It became a daily habit to use before blowdrying and flatironing my hair. A couple of times when I'm away from home and I forget to bring it, I feel lost and cringe at the fact that I have to flatiron and fry my hair w/o first putting on the heat tamer. I minused a lippie because it does not make my hair soft when I flat iron my hair after putting it on, it doesn't make my hair dry but it doesn't make it silky soft either. Although it ain't a miracle worker, because I believe that over time with continuous use of heatstyling ur hair will become damaged no matter what product you use to protect it, this product will just slow the process of damage versus having no protection at all. The only difference is how it makes ur hair feel. I've used other high end products which made my hair feel like straw. It felt so dry liked I just sprayed hairspray on or left mouse on my hair, I didn't feel like straightening my hair anymore. Thats why I like and prefer TREsemme heat tamer. It does not give me that feeling. YES, there might be other products out there that is just like it, if not better but, until I come across THAT product, I'm happy and content with this one!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2009 9:32:00 PM More reviews by oxjarymanexo

i'm really mixed about this product. i do a lot of blow drying and flat ironing with my hair, so i needed a product that would prevent my hair from damage and i decided to give this a try. i've been using it for months now and it has worked fine when i first started using it. but lately, it hasn't been great. for the past month now i've been only using this product when i blow dry or flat iron my hair. usually i would also use the john frieda thermal protection serum with this product, but i wanted to see if using the heat tamer alone would prevent damage because the serum is pretty expensive and would save me a lot of money if i only had to buy the heat tamer. anyways, so that's what i've done for the past month now and i feel like my hair is really damaged. its rough, i have lots of split ends, and im not able to run my fingers through my hair. it doesn't have that nice shiny finish after flat ironing. so im not really sure if this product is good with the thermal serum or if its the thermal serum that's doing all the work, so im going to have to experiment again only using the thermal serum. the product isn't bad. i like the way its smells and the convenience of the spray bottle. i guess i would buy it again if the two products work well together, but if not i probably wouldn't.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2009 11:55:00 PM More reviews by Limeburst

This product i used just because i thought it actually helped my hair without actually having proof. It was super cheap, thats why i bought it in the first place. I have since moved on to other heat protectants, but i still have a half filled bottle that i may go back to just for old times sake.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2009 8:27:00 PM More reviews by EbiRamen

Hair is our crowning glory; it is the swirl at the top of the ice cream! It is the perch for our tiaras! I'm fond of TRESemme shampoo and conditioners but this product left me unsatisfied! My hair felt heavy and kinda sticky! I couldn't run my fingers through my hair and neither could my love! Hmpf, I will not be repurchasing! I guess it protected my hair from my blow dryer..2 lippies.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2009 8:20:00 PM More reviews by OutOfLine

Great stuff... works on all hair types because most of my friends use this product and they all have differnt hair types/lengths/ethnicitys.
___________________________________________________________
My hair dusnt fry because of the high quality hair stylers I use... they actually soften my hair.
BUT what this does... is makes my hairstyle last longer.
I spray it on before I blow dry and use stylers to style my har apply a shine serum and finishing cream with some hairsray and voila!
___________________________________________________________
The only reason why I bought it was because it was cheap and to me all the heat sprays are the same... so i will re purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2009 7:47:00 PM More reviews by msguna1

I LOVE this product!! I dry my hair everyday and have long hair, and this definitely helps from avoiding split ends!! My hair stylist noticed a difference in the ends of my hairs before I used this and after I decided to use a heat protection spray.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2009 7:43:00 PM More reviews by Princesa7

A pretty decent heat protecter imo.......I spray this on my hair when its damp before I blow dry or let it dry naturally and when after I run my straightener thru my hair my hair feels silky soft and I can tell after a yr of using this the heat damage hasn't been too bad on my hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2008 10:24:00 PM More reviews by pugi826

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my favorite Heat spray.
There is no definete way to tell if it really does protect my hair.
but im pretty sure it does, because my hair is not noticably damaged.
i love the bottle.
and the price is great [$3.00]
it smells WONDERFUL
and leaves my hair feeling super soft.
unlike my other straigtening sprays, this does not leave my hair greasy looking, and feeling.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/19/2008 9:34:00 PM More reviews by Chocoaff

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Although it smells great, this product did little for my hair. I have thick, loose curls, and it actually made straightening them more difficult by adding moisture to my hair that lengthened my styling time. My hair feels soft, but not much more than when I didn't use it. Ultimately, this product seems to only be good for those with fine or already straight hair. Otherwise, try something else.