October 30, 2014 | 1590 users online

Styling Products - TRESemme - Instant Heat Tamer Spray

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2009 8:27:00 PM More reviews by EbiRamen

Hair is our crowning glory; it is the swirl at the top of the ice cream! It is the perch for our tiaras! I'm fond of TRESemme shampoo and conditioners but this product left me unsatisfied! My hair felt heavy and kinda sticky! I couldn't run my fingers through my hair and neither could my love! Hmpf, I will not be repurchasing! I guess it protected my hair from my blow dryer..2 lippies.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2009 8:20:00 PM More reviews by OutOfLine

Great stuff... works on all hair types because most of my friends use this product and they all have differnt hair types/lengths/ethnicitys.
___________________________________________________________
My hair dusnt fry because of the high quality hair stylers I use... they actually soften my hair.
BUT what this does... is makes my hairstyle last longer.
I spray it on before I blow dry and use stylers to style my har apply a shine serum and finishing cream with some hairsray and voila!
___________________________________________________________
The only reason why I bought it was because it was cheap and to me all the heat sprays are the same... so i will re purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2009 7:47:00 PM More reviews by msguna1

I LOVE this product!! I dry my hair everyday and have long hair, and this definitely helps from avoiding split ends!! My hair stylist noticed a difference in the ends of my hairs before I used this and after I decided to use a heat protection spray.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2009 7:43:00 PM More reviews by Princesa7

A pretty decent heat protecter imo.......I spray this on my hair when its damp before I blow dry or let it dry naturally and when after I run my straightener thru my hair my hair feels silky soft and I can tell after a yr of using this the heat damage hasn't been too bad on my hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2008 10:24:00 PM More reviews by pugi826

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my favorite Heat spray.
There is no definete way to tell if it really does protect my hair.
but im pretty sure it does, because my hair is not noticably damaged.
i love the bottle.
and the price is great [$3.00]
it smells WONDERFUL
and leaves my hair feeling super soft.
unlike my other straigtening sprays, this does not leave my hair greasy looking, and feeling.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/19/2008 9:34:00 PM More reviews by Chocoaff

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Although it smells great, this product did little for my hair. I have thick, loose curls, and it actually made straightening them more difficult by adding moisture to my hair that lengthened my styling time. My hair feels soft, but not much more than when I didn't use it. Ultimately, this product seems to only be good for those with fine or already straight hair. Otherwise, try something else.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2008 5:00:00 PM More reviews by oliviaxgrace

I like this product. I got it for about $3 at Target.
I have straight hair but I flat iron it to de flat it & make the ends straight because it flips out.
I spray it on & brush it through and before I straighten it. I think it does a really good job. My hair feels super super soft afterwards. I'm almost running out so I'm defintaly going to get more soon. Great product !!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/16/2008 12:55:00 PM More reviews by BrittJ

Bleh product. Here's what it did for me: Protected my hair from heat damage? Maybe, but no way to tell for certain. Softenened and 'de-poufed' my hair? Somewhat. Protected against flyaways? Nope. Added glossiness and shine? NOT AT ALL. Used it one time, and it nowhere compared to Paul Mitchel Heat Seal which I've been using for years. After blowdrying, with the PM Heat Seal, plus a bit of KMS Silker serum, I've been used to seeing considerable shine and glossiness, even before flat ironing. The TREsemme Heat Tamer (even with the KMS Silker) left my hair looking quite dull, not nearly as smooth, and with almost no shine before flat ironing. After flat ironing, it did look smoother, but still fairly lacking in shine, and not as glossy to the touch as with the Paul Mitchell Product. Also, what's with the instructions on the Heat Tamer to "Use on dry hair before flat ironing."??? The main (first) ingredient in this product is WATER, and, from what I've learned, you should never use a flat iron on wet or damp hair or it will fry the hair and damage the cuticle. Gave it an extra point for the nice spray nozzle and also the inexpensive price that makes it easier to toss after one use!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2008 10:00:00 PM More reviews by benefit33

I really love this product and use it every single day before I straighten/curl/blowdry or whatever I decide to do to my hair. It smells pretty good and I like how it is a mist. I know that a lot of other hair protectors can be oily or this so I really like this one. I also like how it comes with a kind of "stopper" type thing, which makes this product easy to travel with.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2008 8:43:00 PM More reviews by cosmic007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This spray works well, considering the price. It's great at protecting my hair from the daily damage of the straightening iron, and worked far better than the Matrix Sleek Look product that I paid quadruple for! I brush my hair in the morning and spray on evenly all over. Once it's dry, I use my straightening iron, and my hair looks healthy and sleek. Would buy again!