Elizabeth Arden Britney Spears - Curious

3.3

on 10/3/2004 3:05:00 PM

So I'm wandering around the local mall after getting my sons haircut and I spy Macy's which I rarely enter, however since I am at a mall that only boasts JCPenney as the other department store I venture in to sniff a few scents.
And see the Gorgeous (those tacky charm things are removable by the by) bottle for Curious, which after reading the reviews on here I am prepared to dislike, but hey, since I've never been one to hope on the bandwagon I figured I'd give it a spritz, if only to add my tone to the boos.
And darn it, it doesnt stink.
So,I actually got reckless and spritzed it right on me! wandered around the mall for another hour or so, ran some errands..blah blah blah it is now three hours and a half dozen compliments later, and it's still wafting lightly around...and my 8 year old son says I smell delicious. I'm still unwilling to commit to a purchase, will require at least one more spritzing. But I have to begrudgingly admit its better than I had thought it would be and my "curiousity" appeased, I must encourage others to at least give this one a try, it may be a body chemistry thing.
At the very LEAST it is WORLDS better than JLo's Glow, which just stinks cheap. IMO
I'll update again soon thou!

on 10/2/2004 10:42:00 PM

I was very excited to smell this scent when I went shopping tonight. I had read the reviews a few days ago and they didn't seem too bad, so I thought it would at least be pleasant (or, I feared something I might actually LIKE coming from Britney). I must say that I was completely disappointed. It smelled very strong and musky...like a grandmother. This is not something that I can imagine teenage girls wearing or whoever it's targeted towards. We can only hope that this scent doesn't catch on because to be in a confined place with someone wearing Curious, would be torture. The bottle is cute, but NO WHERE cute enough to make up for this stench.

Well, I see this product has bad reviews.. which is what I expected. I think it's really silly to post a negative review because you don't like the spokesperson. I REALLY like this scent, I like the bottle, I like it all. It doesn't last super long but there is NOTHING wrong with the product and it doesn't smell like toilets etc. This is a very nice perfume, don't be immature and overlook it just because you have a beef with britney.

on 10/2/2004 8:00:00 PM

Only sampled this one. It smells cheap, like drugstore musk. Definately not something I would ever wear. *shudder* But I do think the packaging is cute.

on 10/2/2004 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

All I can say is wow. I'm 17 and I think this is a perfect fragrance for a girl my age. It's everything I want in a scent. It's so sexy, but such a fresh, clean scent. It's not too musky or heavy. I definetly think its a younger scent. When I first put it on, its very florally. After it's on for a little while it takeson a clean, fresh scent. The bottle is so pretty too!! A definite buy again!!

on 10/2/2004 12:23:00 AM

I tried this on today at the store (very discreetly, albeit...) b/c I was...omigod! CURIOUS!-- what a mistake. This smells like gum, fruit, cotton candy...really sweet and nauseating. I agree with the previous reviews that say this smells CHEAP. This definitely doesn't say "regal, glamourous and classy" but then again, that was never really Brit's bag, was it?

*Update: Entertainment Weekly said that this perfume smelled like 15 junior high school girls after walking away from a department store fragrance counter. LMAO!!!

on 10/1/2004 10:11:00 PM

Maybe I didn't give a long enough chance, cause I definitely went into smelling it with a bias after seeing all these negative reviews, but BLECH! Upon smelling it, I was even prompted to say something outloud like, "OH, no, gross." First thought: CHEAP!!! Like a frickin' Designer Imposter from 4th grade. No thanks, sorry Brit. Seems like this perfume is gonna fit right into her brand new image: trash.

on 10/1/2004 1:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I was very curious to try this perfume cuz of the beautiful ad and packaging it came in... but was left very disappointed... smells sooo cheap... blech... sorry Britney... but I couldn't wait to wash it off my arm!!! :( Personally... I'd walk far far away from this one...

I went and finally got to try her fragrance,I think it's a nice scent but IMO I think it smells exactly like Prince Matchebelli's New Musk which you can buy at the drugstore for $3. I would recommend trying the New Musk before spending a fortune on her perfume. Although I will probably ask for it for x-mas just for the bottle lol

on 9/27/2004 8:47:00 PM

love my britney! and her perfume. it`s so pretty.. and mysterious =) the bottle is beautiful.. FiVE PiNK LiPPiES FOR MY BRiTNEY!! <333

Popular Fragrances