Dove Beauty Bar

4.4

sodium lauroyl isethionate, stearic acid, sodium tallowate or sodium palmitate, lauric acid, sodium isethionate, water, sodium stearate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium cocoate or sodium palm kernelate, fragrance, sodium chloride, tetrasodium edta, tetrasodium etidronate, titanium dioxide.

Everyone else who wrote a review seemed to love this stuff, but I was not so impressed. Just to specify, I only used this on my body as it would have been way too drying for my face. It seems like fairly generic soap to me, and although it claims to be "1/4 moisturizer" it actually dried out my skin, which is not usually something I ever experience as my skin tends to be fairly oily. I actually felt like I needed a moisturizer right out of the shower, which was a first for me. The smell is the usual wonderful Dove scent but it doesn't linger. If you like Dove products (which I usually do), I would recommend one of the body washes over this.

on 7/20/2005 12:47:00 PM

I've been using liquid Neutrogena for almost a year because it was working. However, I notice that even though I haven't broken out my skin was getting extremely dry. Dry to the point of having scaly patches on my cheeks. In desperation I tried Dove soap on my face yesterday and my skin feels and looks so much better today. I'm going to try this for a while and I will update later as to whether or not this works as a facial cleanser. My skin used to be combo/oily but I think that it has switched to combo/dry. UPDATE: This is terrible as a face soap but lovely as a body soap. After two uses I broke out into red bumps on my face. My mother always said never use soap on your face and I have to agree.

on 7/3/2005 5:08:00 AM

I was skeptical about using a regular bar of soap on my face, but I'm glad I did. It has evened out my skin tone and leaves my face moisturized. Will definitely keep using this product. Super cheap too!

on 5/27/2005 1:01:00 AM

I tried a sample size of this soap that I had gotten in the mail. I was very disappointed because I had heard good things about Dove, but it didn't cut it for me. It just didn't rinse clean, and it left a film. For a bar cleanser, I'll stick w/Ivory!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Simply one of the best all time staples in my bathroom. Smells great is gentle on my skin and a pleasure to use. It does not compete with my fragrances and leaves my skin soft and clean. The price is great too.

on 4/20/2005 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I'm quite apprehensive about using Dove products. Some of them are really good while others are absolutely horrible. For me the beauty bar is one of the bed ones. I used it for a good few months and ended up with little zits and not so little bumps on my face and my back. In my naivety I would never think that Dove gave me these as the bar apparently is hypoallergenic and soap-free. I even switched to the one for sensitive skin - still the same reaction. A few days ago I chucked it out and switched to a different product - Nivea Pampering Shower Oil and my skin is back to its normal healthy self. I still love the antiperspirant, the foam bath and even the body wash from Dove but I would never use any of the body bars again.
UPDATE: I used to like the body washes and was fine with them but now I end up with spots and a rash on my face and back after using them. When mixed with water the washes produce a foam that leaves a slimy film on my skin that take a bit to wash off. I really don't like Dove and will not be using it again.

on 4/10/2005 1:53:00 AM

I use this and Oil of Olay bar soap. I love both, they are my regular soaps. I always go back to these. i have sensitive skin and they never cause dryness or problems. Also LOVE the dove body washes!!! :)

on 4/8/2005 1:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

A nice "lotion" soap. Very moisturizing. But it can easily be dissolved in the water. So one bar won't last as long. continued >>

on 3/23/2005 8:21:00 PM

This is my HG soap, have used it forever and will continue to use this. I love the scent, I love that it lathers easily and isn't drying, it's gentle yet cleanses well. Plus you can't beat the price.

on 3/19/2005 2:24:00 PM

Eyes: Violet

I use it for my body and recently I used it as a face-cleanser, just to take a break of my regular cleansers (Lancaster for example). It's really great! It cleanses perfectly without drying my combo skin. I'm not sure yet, but if my skin keeps reacting like this to this soap, it might become a staple face-cleanser of mine. It's also dearty cheap! As for my body, I'm quite sure it's the best soap on the market(I don't like gels), it doesn't melt too fast and it leaves my skin extra soft.