September 30, 2014 | 1690 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2004 10:58:00 PM More reviews by Mica

Interesting... I've used Dove on my face in emergencies, and I just used it to clean my face tonight. I noticed that the blotchy look I usually get after washing my face has not happened. My face is really soft and smooth looking. I think I'm going to try this as a facial cleanser, and update in a couple of weeks. But for me, the fact that doesn't sting and cause redness immediately is a good sign to start with.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/26/2004 3:24:00 AM More reviews by Short_and_sweet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Completely MURDERED my skin.

Interestingly, my skin was so moisturized from using Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula lotion with the Dove Nutrium bar (thanks to MUA reviews), until I tried this for one day. After just one use my skin was tight and dry, especially my back: when I bent over it felt like I had a drying clay mask on it. And the worst was my hands: they were itchy and tight the next day! I tried a variety of products to stop the itching, but only palmer's did the trick again.

THIS PRODUCT SEEMS TO BE BAD FOR SENSITIVE, DRY SKIN. PURCHASE WITH CAUTION. I WILL NEVER USE THIS PRODUCT AGAIN.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2004 7:54:00 PM More reviews by MerylStreek

I use the sensitive skin version for AM cleansing (I've tried all the forms of this bar and that's my favourite). It leaves skin soft, smooth, slightly taut, and even. It leaves my skin feeling so nice most days I can even skip a moisturiser! Great stuff.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/15/2004 9:17:00 PM More reviews by tannedyes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Well this soap is a mystery to me. It says " Wont dry your skin like soap can". This is true as the active ingredient is a detergent, one that is very cheap to make and if you do a google search on it, sodium Coccoyl Isethionate the research shows it has some not-so nice-effects. The rest of the bar is stearic acid to balance the PH, salt from beef's fat ( sodium tallowate), water, colors and fillers.

I first got interested in reading the actual ingredients after i started using my current fresh milk based soap, Moogoo, and my dry skin was fixed straight away. I have friends who's eczema has cleared up with change to this milk soap. Now i am quite angry that i had to put up with dry skin for so long thanks to the detergents they put in soap because it is cheap for them.
So dove - good packaging, nice smell. Never ever buy detergent soap again.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2004 12:19:00 PM More reviews by shortie16

I love dove it leaves you feeling clean and soft!!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/15/2004 9:34:00 AM More reviews by sarabear

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't understand this product, and I must admit until recently I had not looked at the ingredients closely.

It says that it "Wont dry your skin like soap can". But the active ingredient is a DETERGENT so this would be worse. And when i looked it up on google, its not an especially nice one.

I am no chemist, but the Australian version says that it contains 1/4 moisturizing cream, can anyone tell me which of the active ingredients this is because all i can see is detergent, acid ( to make neutral PH)., beef fat salt, water, fragrance and color.

Can someone go into bat for this product. Firstly let us know where the moisturizer is, and why they use detergent. No wonder i had dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2004 1:36:00 AM More reviews by XxTwinklexX

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best soap! I use it for my face. My skin feels soft and clean, never tight or dry. I always end up coming back to this. It also keeps my skin clear :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2004 11:12:00 PM More reviews by hamwalk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using this as a face cleanser once a day for about a year. I have tried other brands, like Neutrogena, and this is really the only one that keeps my skin clear without drying it out. I do break out occassonally, but those breakouts are usually makeup or homone related. Anyway, the Dove Beauty Bar (I prefer the unscented version) is very inexpensive and soothing to use. It really works.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2004 4:12:00 PM More reviews by tabbiecatt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have to admit, I have become a total Dove girl! After years of battling my finicky skin, I have found a cleanser that works beautifully for me. I have tried everything high end and low- but dove keeps my skin clear and balanced. I use it on both my body and my face. I prefer the sensitive skin version.
Edit: I do have a problem with Unilever still doing animal testing.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2004 12:15:00 AM More reviews by trixkiddo

Another rave for Dove from me. I got the beauty bar free with my bottle of Dove conditioner and I was a little curious after having such great experiences with Dove. The soap itself is pretty simple, a moisturizing soap that gently cleans. It left me feeling clean and smelling great. However, with Summer here, I need a stronger soap to clean up with after a long day at work, like Irish Spring. So, once winter comes around, this is going in the shower with me.