December 28, 2014 | 1028 users online

Skincare - Face - Dickinson's Witch Hazel

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2005 4:48:00 PM More reviews by mrskish1014

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I finally decided to try this after reading about it. I have used Neutrogena or Clinique toners for years. I find that this witch hazel tones just as well, if not better. It was $2.17 for a huge bottle at WalMart. The smell is nasty, but it is worth it because my face feels smoother and looks better than it has in years. Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2005 4:40:00 PM More reviews by kellirc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I read about witch hazel somewhere and thought I would try it. My mother had a bottle of Dickinson's in her cabinet, so I used it. It worked so well, gets off all makeup and does not dry out or tighten skin. So I asked my mom to pick up another bottle. She bought a store brand. I tried it and it works just as well. The smell is a little bit annoying but I can live with it for good results. I have oily skin and I don't seem to be getting the same amount of breakouts as I used to.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2005 12:39:00 PM More reviews by Jennabee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Why buy toner for 10x the price? I wish I hadn't for so long. This is an inexpensive gem. My sensitive, acne-prone skin burns for at least an hour after any of the chemical-filled toners I've tried. But this stuff? Wow. I use it after washing with DHC cleansing oil (I wish I could find a cheap substitute for THAT :)) and it primes my face gently for my nighttime Retin-A. I used to skip the whole toning step altogether, thinking it would just aggravate things, but I've found my acne meds (Retin-A and Evoclin) seem to be working better with the witch hazel prep. Go, witch hazel! Perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2005 11:00:00 AM More reviews by urmite

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just discovered this product and have found it to be so gentle on my very sensitive, acne-prone skin. I use this following Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash, and my skin is really clean, but not at all dried out, even using prescription topical acne medications day and night. Not sure about the generic versions, but Dickinson's is so cheap anyway, I just "splurged" on it. Give it a shot and you'll probably never buy another toner again (think of the money you could save!).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2005 9:11:00 PM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

got this at walmart for around $2...comes in a huge 16 oz bottle...i use this stuff bcoz its one of the ingredients to make homemade Tendskin (to eliminate ingrown hair)... this is also good for toning the face and body...and surprisingly,it wasnt drying like most astringents that i encountered! i have combo skin btw

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2005 1:30:00 PM More reviews by Bluewaters

I think this product is doing something...at any rate, not irritating my extremely reactive, acne prone skin, and that's a plus! Will try and update later.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2005 6:47:00 PM More reviews by carinnemj

It removes the dirt and residue that cleanser doesn't, but it doesn't hold a candle to my DDF toner.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2005 11:17:00 PM More reviews by barbandrusty

I've been using witch hazel (not familiar with Dickinson's) for about 2 years. My girlfriend owns a salon in Miami and suggested it. The woman who does facials in her shop only uses witch hazel - no other toner. She buys it by the gallon for her. I'll never ever buy an expensive toner again. Everyone should try it.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2004 8:45:00 PM More reviews by goaway

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Awsome toner for acne prone skin. I bought two huge bottles relatively cheap at Costco. They seem to be in a newer packaging now. Before, I returned a bottle because it smelled really bad (old packaging). Overall excellent!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2004 3:20:00 AM More reviews by NancyDrew

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Not only have I purchased this again, but I have bottles of it everywhere I regularly spend time. I've tried a lot of toners for my acne prone/combo/sensitive skin and this is the only thing that works on the acne without decimating my skin. Love it.