July 30, 2014 | 1976 users online

Skincare - Face - Dickinson's Witch Hazel

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2004 11:44:00 AM More reviews by stevie50001

I used to use this years ago like when i was 13, now 8 years later ive come back to it and love it so all over again! I use Superdrugs 0.99p vrs (and im not sure if the UK witchhazel distillate differs from the US one since the tannin levels can vary i believe etc) Anyways this ones great!! I was a little sceptical about using it again cause it likely contains alcohol but i can use it all over after cleansing at it reduces any facial rednes including under my eyes which is quite amazing really, and i dont get any reaction to say there is alcohol in there.. maybe its the anti-inflammatory action? but im not complaining cos ive got thin skin so blood circulation is quite pronounced esp under my eyes where the skin is very thin but i also suffer with allergies so it doesnt help, also have redness due to seborrheic dermatitis. However if i soak a cotton-wool ball in it and press it lightly over my eyes the redness just goes (tho it comes back somewhat in the day, unfort it not a miracle cure). I've been reading a little about it, and its used widely for bruising and haemorroids etc and it has blood vessel toning properties apparently so i guess thats how it works. My face looks so much calmer anyway when i use this so i love it, its also the only astringent i can use for my seb derm without irritation!! it may even have some antioxidant properties due to the tannins but i dont know how these vary in distillations.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2004 3:20:00 PM More reviews by daste

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is great for refreshing my face if I feel oily and don't have makeup on. Sometimes I'll use it in place of water for the aspirin toner. There is alcohol in it, but I haven't found it to be too drying. I also like to add a drop of tea tree oil to a cotton pad saturated with witch hazel. This is a good, refresting product to have on hand. Update: I'm currently testing a homemade toner with witch hazel, ACV, lavender EO and tea tree oil. Loving it so far!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2004 11:51:00 PM More reviews by jitterbugdoll

This is a nice toner that I use about 3-4 times a week (either after I use Pond's Cold Cream or by itself when I am too lazy to wash my face.) It doesn't irritate my ultra sensitive skin and it is nice and refreshing. Plus, it's dirt cheap (gotta love Costco!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2004 2:38:00 PM More reviews by productjunkie76

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I thought my sensitve/ acne prone/ combo skin would react badly to this product but it hasn't. i only use it as a toner at night before bed. i started out by spot treating with it but now i use all over and like it. i think it is helping in combination with the aspirin mask and nuetrogena clear pore cleanser mask to clear my skin which has been pretty bad for the last few months. i also thought this product would dry my skin cause of the alcohol but it doesn't. cheap too and worth a try! 6/9 update- i don't spot treat anymore with this but i do use it to add to my aspirin toner to make a homeade tend skin. i just squirt some on a cotton pad that i have already put aspirin toner on and then apply.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2004 1:58:00 AM More reviews by imaladybug

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great bargain @ Costco. I've also used Dickinson's Witch Hazel as part of my manicure routine. I swipe my nails w/ a cotton pad soaked w/ Dickinson's and give my hands a quick rinse to remove any residue. This has helped to prime my nails before applying polish and helps the polish cling.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2004 7:51:00 PM More reviews by theluscioushellcat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm not reviewing Dickinson's - I got plain store-brand witch hazel. No frills. This is cheap and good for my skin in the following ways: my skin is normal to dry (more dry in the winter) After my cleanser but before my AHA and BHA exfoliators, I use witch hazel on my chin where I have some hormonal blemishes and a little bit of oiliness, and on my neck where I get ingrown hairs (GAH! hate that SO much) and I've found my skin noticeably softer, smoother, more comfortable feeling, and more clean looking. What more can you ask for?

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2004 10:51:00 PM More reviews by mcreechkelly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this as a toner in the summer, spot treatment, and insect bites. Great stuff.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2004 1:23:00 PM More reviews by 245am

i got this at costco and the bottle is HUGE! it will last me forever. the smell is kind of odd but it works well, doesn't leave my face dry and leaves it feeling clean and fresh. i usually use this after i shower at night. i put some on a cotton ball right after, let it dry a bit then put on some moisturizing cream and rub it all in. it's been leaving my face clearer, smoother, and just better looking! i don't even mind the smell because of what it does. my skin is normal.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2004 3:48:00 PM More reviews by mfsvp

This is the best toner. I found it at a local dollar store in town and after reading the reviews, figured I'd give it a try. WOW!! I love it. I doesn't sting, haven't had any suprise break outs, and it seems that its starting to clear up my face. This is MY new toner from now on!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2004 2:40:00 PM More reviews by whooey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best basic toner you can get. I use this in the summer because my dry skin gets a bit more oily in the summer. Works great and it's cooling.