Dickinson's Witch Hazel

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Active Ingredients: Witch Hazel (100% All Natural) (Containing Alcohol 14%) (Astringent)

on 5/9/2005 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I discovered this great product about a month ago on drugstore.com. It's been fantastic! The best thing about this astringent is that it's very gentle. My very oily, break-out prone skin has improved considerably since I've begun using it. I still get the occassional zit, but far less often than I used to.

12/26/05 EDIT: I had to reduce my rating from a 5 to a 3 because the astringent turned out to be too drying(14% alcohol). And this is from someone who has very oily skin! I've since moved on to Dickinson's Alcohol-Free Rose Petal Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera, which seems far better. I've only used it for a couple of days so will wait a couple of weeks before I review it.

on 4/23/2005 10:55:00 PM

*this product never ever stings, which some 'fancy' toners do
*even though it contains alcohol it does not dry out my dry skin
*When I had an allergic reaction to another product I had a red lumpy rash on my face - using this was the ONLY thing that got rid of the redness - looking it up online I see that use on rashes etc is a proven application of witch hazel
*cheap enough to use everywhere - I use on my legs after shaving (I have very tempremental dry skin) and it really helps
*RE other reviews - in my view smell is not offensive but just not nice, but I'd rather that then smelling a flower posy and having my skin react to the fragrance
*all round, seems to make an improvement to my skin

on 4/13/2005 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Warning! I'm pregnant so my current results w/this product may be just a fluke...God, I hope not though =) With that being said, I'm really liking this so far. It leaves my face soft not dried out, my breakouts seem to be clearing up faster, and the witch hazel smell fades fast which is a def. plus for me b/c I'm plagued w/morning sickness 24 hrs a day =( I use it every night after I wash my face w/a washcloth, then afterwards I spot treat w/a Persagel 10%BP. This combo is really helping me stay clear and WAY less clogged pores (seeing that I wear foundation *medium coverage* everyday of my life) Bought mine @ Walgreens for like $3.26 or something close to that. The bottle is HUGE. I'll update if things change.

on 4/3/2005 4:48:00 PM

I finally decided to try this after reading about it. I have used Neutrogena or Clinique toners for years. I find that this witch hazel tones just as well, if not better. It was $2.17 for a huge bottle at WalMart. The smell is nasty, but it is worth it because my face feels smoother and looks better than it has in years. Will repurchase.

on 4/3/2005 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I read about witch hazel somewhere and thought I would try it. My mother had a bottle of Dickinson's in her cabinet, so I used it. It worked so well, gets off all makeup and does not dry out or tighten skin. So I asked my mom to pick up another bottle. She bought a store brand. I tried it and it works just as well. The smell is a little bit annoying but I can live with it for good results. I have oily skin and I don't seem to be getting the same amount of breakouts as I used to.

on 3/18/2005 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Why buy toner for 10x the price? I wish I hadn't for so long. This is an inexpensive gem. My sensitive, acne-prone skin burns for at least an hour after any of the chemical-filled toners I've tried. But this stuff? Wow. I use it after washing with DHC cleansing oil (I wish I could find a cheap substitute for THAT :)) and it primes my face gently for my nighttime Retin-A. I used to skip the whole toning step altogether, thinking it would just aggravate things, but I've found my acne meds (Retin-A and Evoclin) seem to be working better with the witch hazel prep. Go, witch hazel! Perfect.

on 3/15/2005 11:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I just discovered this product and have found it to be so gentle on my very sensitive, acne-prone skin. I use this following Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash, and my skin is really clean, but not at all dried out, even using prescription topical acne medications day and night. Not sure about the generic versions, but Dickinson's is so cheap anyway, I just "splurged" on it. Give it a shot and you'll probably never buy another toner again (think of the money you could save!).

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

got this at walmart for around $2...comes in a huge 16 oz bottle...i use this stuff bcoz its one of the ingredients to make homemade Tendskin (to eliminate ingrown hair)... this is also good for toning the face and body...and surprisingly,it wasnt drying like most astringents that i encountered! i have combo skin btw

on 2/8/2005 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I think this product is doing something...at any rate, not irritating my extremely reactive, acne prone skin, and that's a plus! Will try and update later.

on 1/5/2005 6:47:00 PM

It removes the dirt and residue that cleanser doesn't, but it doesn't hold a candle to my DDF toner.

Popular Face Skincare Products