August 22, 2014 | 1196 users online

Skincare - Face - Dickinson's Witch Hazel

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2004 8:45:00 PM More reviews by goaway

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Awsome toner for acne prone skin. I bought two huge bottles relatively cheap at Costco. They seem to be in a newer packaging now. Before, I returned a bottle because it smelled really bad (old packaging). Overall excellent!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2004 3:20:00 AM More reviews by NancyDrew

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Not only have I purchased this again, but I have bottles of it everywhere I regularly spend time. I've tried a lot of toners for my acne prone/combo/sensitive skin and this is the only thing that works on the acne without decimating my skin. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2004 1:11:00 PM More reviews by Daisy1012

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wow I love this stuff. I hated using toner before, always made my skin so dry. Not this, I use this at night before bed and it has really toned down the redness of my skin and heads off any breakouts. I have combo/normal skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2004 10:02:00 PM More reviews by chedoux

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

By itself, this is only mildly effective on my "normal" skin; in addition, it kind of stinks. But after only 10 nights of using a toner cocktail (witch hazel, green tea, aspirin), the hormonal acne that so rudely erupted on my chin this summer is finally starting to disappear. Small blackheads on my nose have also been obliterated. It's likely that all this is due to the aspirin, but it's nice to know that I'm using a product with fewer extra chemical ingredients. (The green tea also cuts down on the smell.) Will repurchase this for mixing purposes and its known anti-inflammatory properties. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2004 1:45:00 PM More reviews by indiekid84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am absolutely in awe with this stuff! I am an absolute product snob and have tried most of the department store stuff like Shiseido, Clarins, Clinique, Origins, Prescriptives, etc. This is the ONLY toner which hasn't made my face itch like crazy and break out...and best of all I got it for FREE! I have very fair sensitive, acne prone skin in case that helps.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2004 11:44:00 AM More reviews by stevie50001

I used to use this years ago like when i was 13, now 8 years later ive come back to it and love it so all over again! I use Superdrugs 0.99p vrs (and im not sure if the UK witchhazel distillate differs from the US one since the tannin levels can vary i believe etc) Anyways this ones great!! I was a little sceptical about using it again cause it likely contains alcohol but i can use it all over after cleansing at it reduces any facial rednes including under my eyes which is quite amazing really, and i dont get any reaction to say there is alcohol in there.. maybe its the anti-inflammatory action? but im not complaining cos ive got thin skin so blood circulation is quite pronounced esp under my eyes where the skin is very thin but i also suffer with allergies so it doesnt help, also have redness due to seborrheic dermatitis. However if i soak a cotton-wool ball in it and press it lightly over my eyes the redness just goes (tho it comes back somewhat in the day, unfort it not a miracle cure). I've been reading a little about it, and its used widely for bruising and haemorroids etc and it has blood vessel toning properties apparently so i guess thats how it works. My face looks so much calmer anyway when i use this so i love it, its also the only astringent i can use for my seb derm without irritation!! it may even have some antioxidant properties due to the tannins but i dont know how these vary in distillations.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2004 3:20:00 PM More reviews by daste

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is great for refreshing my face if I feel oily and don't have makeup on. Sometimes I'll use it in place of water for the aspirin toner. There is alcohol in it, but I haven't found it to be too drying. I also like to add a drop of tea tree oil to a cotton pad saturated with witch hazel. This is a good, refresting product to have on hand. Update: I'm currently testing a homemade toner with witch hazel, ACV, lavender EO and tea tree oil. Loving it so far!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2004 11:51:00 PM More reviews by jitterbugdoll

This is a nice toner that I use about 3-4 times a week (either after I use Pond's Cold Cream or by itself when I am too lazy to wash my face.) It doesn't irritate my ultra sensitive skin and it is nice and refreshing. Plus, it's dirt cheap (gotta love Costco!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2004 2:38:00 PM More reviews by productjunkie76

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I thought my sensitve/ acne prone/ combo skin would react badly to this product but it hasn't. i only use it as a toner at night before bed. i started out by spot treating with it but now i use all over and like it. i think it is helping in combination with the aspirin mask and nuetrogena clear pore cleanser mask to clear my skin which has been pretty bad for the last few months. i also thought this product would dry my skin cause of the alcohol but it doesn't. cheap too and worth a try! 6/9 update- i don't spot treat anymore with this but i do use it to add to my aspirin toner to make a homeade tend skin. i just squirt some on a cotton pad that i have already put aspirin toner on and then apply.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2004 1:58:00 AM More reviews by imaladybug

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great bargain @ Costco. I've also used Dickinson's Witch Hazel as part of my manicure routine. I swipe my nails w/ a cotton pad soaked w/ Dickinson's and give my hands a quick rinse to remove any residue. This has helped to prime my nails before applying polish and helps the polish cling.