November 23, 2014 | 1941 users online

Skincare - Face - Dickinson's Witch Hazel

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2005 12:39:00 PM More reviews by Jennabee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Why buy toner for 10x the price? I wish I hadn't for so long. This is an inexpensive gem. My sensitive, acne-prone skin burns for at least an hour after any of the chemical-filled toners I've tried. But this stuff? Wow. I use it after washing with DHC cleansing oil (I wish I could find a cheap substitute for THAT :)) and it primes my face gently for my nighttime Retin-A. I used to skip the whole toning step altogether, thinking it would just aggravate things, but I've found my acne meds (Retin-A and Evoclin) seem to be working better with the witch hazel prep. Go, witch hazel! Perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2005 11:00:00 AM More reviews by urmite

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just discovered this product and have found it to be so gentle on my very sensitive, acne-prone skin. I use this following Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash, and my skin is really clean, but not at all dried out, even using prescription topical acne medications day and night. Not sure about the generic versions, but Dickinson's is so cheap anyway, I just "splurged" on it. Give it a shot and you'll probably never buy another toner again (think of the money you could save!).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2005 9:11:00 PM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

got this at walmart for around $2...comes in a huge 16 oz bottle...i use this stuff bcoz its one of the ingredients to make homemade Tendskin (to eliminate ingrown hair)... this is also good for toning the face and body...and surprisingly,it wasnt drying like most astringents that i encountered! i have combo skin btw

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2005 1:30:00 PM More reviews by Bluewaters

I think this product is doing something...at any rate, not irritating my extremely reactive, acne prone skin, and that's a plus! Will try and update later.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2005 6:47:00 PM More reviews by carinnemj

It removes the dirt and residue that cleanser doesn't, but it doesn't hold a candle to my DDF toner.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2005 11:17:00 PM More reviews by barbandrusty

I've been using witch hazel (not familiar with Dickinson's) for about 2 years. My girlfriend owns a salon in Miami and suggested it. The woman who does facials in her shop only uses witch hazel - no other toner. She buys it by the gallon for her. I'll never ever buy an expensive toner again. Everyone should try it.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2004 8:45:00 PM More reviews by goaway

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Awsome toner for acne prone skin. I bought two huge bottles relatively cheap at Costco. They seem to be in a newer packaging now. Before, I returned a bottle because it smelled really bad (old packaging). Overall excellent!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2004 3:20:00 AM More reviews by NancyDrew

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Not only have I purchased this again, but I have bottles of it everywhere I regularly spend time. I've tried a lot of toners for my acne prone/combo/sensitive skin and this is the only thing that works on the acne without decimating my skin. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2004 1:11:00 PM More reviews by Daisy1012

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wow I love this stuff. I hated using toner before, always made my skin so dry. Not this, I use this at night before bed and it has really toned down the redness of my skin and heads off any breakouts. I have combo/normal skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2004 10:02:00 PM More reviews by chedoux

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

By itself, this is only mildly effective on my "normal" skin; in addition, it kind of stinks. But after only 10 nights of using a toner cocktail (witch hazel, green tea, aspirin), the hormonal acne that so rudely erupted on my chin this summer is finally starting to disappear. Small blackheads on my nose have also been obliterated. It's likely that all this is due to the aspirin, but it's nice to know that I'm using a product with fewer extra chemical ingredients. (The green tea also cuts down on the smell.) Will repurchase this for mixing purposes and its known anti-inflammatory properties. continued >>