October 26, 2014 | 1365 users online

Skincare - Face - Dickinson's Witch Hazel

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2005 9:11:00 PM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

got this at walmart for around $2...comes in a huge 16 oz bottle...i use this stuff bcoz its one of the ingredients to make homemade Tendskin (to eliminate ingrown hair)... this is also good for toning the face and body...and surprisingly,it wasnt drying like most astringents that i encountered! i have combo skin btw

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2005 1:30:00 PM More reviews by Bluewaters

I think this product is doing something...at any rate, not irritating my extremely reactive, acne prone skin, and that's a plus! Will try and update later.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2005 6:47:00 PM More reviews by carinnemj

It removes the dirt and residue that cleanser doesn't, but it doesn't hold a candle to my DDF toner.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2005 11:17:00 PM More reviews by barbandrusty

I've been using witch hazel (not familiar with Dickinson's) for about 2 years. My girlfriend owns a salon in Miami and suggested it. The woman who does facials in her shop only uses witch hazel - no other toner. She buys it by the gallon for her. I'll never ever buy an expensive toner again. Everyone should try it.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2004 8:45:00 PM More reviews by goaway

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Awsome toner for acne prone skin. I bought two huge bottles relatively cheap at Costco. They seem to be in a newer packaging now. Before, I returned a bottle because it smelled really bad (old packaging). Overall excellent!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2004 3:20:00 AM More reviews by NancyDrew

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Not only have I purchased this again, but I have bottles of it everywhere I regularly spend time. I've tried a lot of toners for my acne prone/combo/sensitive skin and this is the only thing that works on the acne without decimating my skin. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2004 1:11:00 PM More reviews by Daisy1012

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wow I love this stuff. I hated using toner before, always made my skin so dry. Not this, I use this at night before bed and it has really toned down the redness of my skin and heads off any breakouts. I have combo/normal skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2004 10:02:00 PM More reviews by chedoux

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

By itself, this is only mildly effective on my "normal" skin; in addition, it kind of stinks. But after only 10 nights of using a toner cocktail (witch hazel, green tea, aspirin), the hormonal acne that so rudely erupted on my chin this summer is finally starting to disappear. Small blackheads on my nose have also been obliterated. It's likely that all this is due to the aspirin, but it's nice to know that I'm using a product with fewer extra chemical ingredients. (The green tea also cuts down on the smell.) Will repurchase this for mixing purposes and its known anti-inflammatory properties. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2004 1:45:00 PM More reviews by indiekid84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am absolutely in awe with this stuff! I am an absolute product snob and have tried most of the department store stuff like Shiseido, Clarins, Clinique, Origins, Prescriptives, etc. This is the ONLY toner which hasn't made my face itch like crazy and break out...and best of all I got it for FREE! I have very fair sensitive, acne prone skin in case that helps.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2004 11:44:00 AM More reviews by stevie50001

I used to use this years ago like when i was 13, now 8 years later ive come back to it and love it so all over again! I use Superdrugs 0.99p vrs (and im not sure if the UK witchhazel distillate differs from the US one since the tannin levels can vary i believe etc) Anyways this ones great!! I was a little sceptical about using it again cause it likely contains alcohol but i can use it all over after cleansing at it reduces any facial rednes including under my eyes which is quite amazing really, and i dont get any reaction to say there is alcohol in there.. maybe its the anti-inflammatory action? but im not complaining cos ive got thin skin so blood circulation is quite pronounced esp under my eyes where the skin is very thin but i also suffer with allergies so it doesnt help, also have redness due to seborrheic dermatitis. However if i soak a cotton-wool ball in it and press it lightly over my eyes the redness just goes (tho it comes back somewhat in the day, unfort it not a miracle cure). I've been reading a little about it, and its used widely for bruising and haemorroids etc and it has blood vessel toning properties apparently so i guess thats how it works. My face looks so much calmer anyway when i use this so i love it, its also the only astringent i can use for my seb derm without irritation!! it may even have some antioxidant properties due to the tannins but i dont know how these vary in distillations.