Dickinson's Witch Hazel

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Active Ingredients: Witch Hazel (100% All Natural) (Containing Alcohol 14%) (Astringent)

on 9/15/2005 4:21:00 PM

I would've given it a 5 rating if it didn't have alcohol in it...then I could've used it on my face. I bought this to use for the home-made tendskin since there was a rebate offer on the label (BTW: I actually received a rebate check for the full purchase price about 5 months later). It does what it's supposed to do, is pretty cheap even before the rebate, and easy to find. It's always nice to have some witch hazel on hand. The scent is not great, but hey, it's witch hazel. I think I'm going to buy Thayer's next, since I'm looking into gentle toners for my face.

on 8/8/2005 8:36:00 AM

GREAT PRODUCT!! A must have if you need to clean your pores. Makes my skin soooo healthy looking and it's so cheap. Should have found this years ago

on 7/24/2005 1:47:00 PM

I've been using this for about a week and have to say that I am very pleased. It seems to be clearing up a minor breakout I was having, and all in all I think my skin tone has improved. It leaves my skin feeling clean but not overly dry, despite the alcohol content, and the witch hazel smell, while a bit off-putting, fades quickly, and is nowhere NEAR as offensive as the vile smell of apple cider vinegar, another popular natural toner. I will keep using this. Cheap as can be, too!

on 7/15/2005 10:51:00 AM

After trying all kinds of toners to use in the morning, I decided to give this a try. It works great on my combo, acne prone skin. A totally non-irritating astringent. The witch hazel odor evaporates fast, so the scent lingering is not a problem. I like that this is so affordabe, natural, and no preservatives. One 16 oz bottle will last a long time. Great mixed 50/50 with lavender, rose or orange blossom hydrosols and used as a toner.

on 7/13/2005 12:11:00 PM

Very nice product. I haven't been much of a toner user since I was a teen, but decided to check this out based on reviews here. It is great in the sense that it leaves my skin feeling smooth and clean without drying or stining. I don't use it all the time, but I love the results when I do!

on 7/7/2005 8:28:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Probably the most perfect product on the planet....okay meladrama aside. This stuff is great. From toner to bug bites you can use for everything! I put it in a spray bottle with some pepermint oil, lavender oil, and eucalyptus oil....shake up and it makes an awsome spray on toner for summer or travel. Cannot beat this stuff a couple bucks for a gallon drum...well okay NOT gallon but big bottle, Who needs expensive toner when you've got this????

on 7/7/2005 3:42:00 PM

a staple. never without at least one bottle.

found that I can infuse it with whatever I need, from marigold petals to lavender oil, and get a toner that's tailor made for the situation.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

LOVE this! It works as an amazing astringent/toner. I have very dry and sensitive skin and I was pleasantly surprised to see that this product didn't make my skin tight, dry, or irritated. In fact, I've noticed that it has made my pores smaller and my face smoother! My breakouts have also decreased since using this Witch Hazel Astringent. I would DEFINETLY recommend this astringent to anyone and everyone!!

on 6/9/2005 2:14:00 AM

My sister gave me this cuz she heard it was a good toner. Huge bottle, doesnt dry out my skin or break me out. Then again...doesnt really seem to clear up any blemishes either. I'll keep this around as my "spare" toner. I dont think I'll ever run out of this bottle.

on 5/9/2005 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I discovered this great product about a month ago on drugstore.com. It's been fantastic! The best thing about this astringent is that it's very gentle. My very oily, break-out prone skin has improved considerably since I've begun using it. I still get the occassional zit, but far less often than I used to.

12/26/05 EDIT: I had to reduce my rating from a 5 to a 3 because the astringent turned out to be too drying(14% alcohol). And this is from someone who has very oily skin! I've since moved on to Dickinson's Alcohol-Free Rose Petal Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera, which seems far better. I've only used it for a couple of days so will wait a couple of weeks before I review it.

Popular Face Skincare Products