Dickinson's Witch Hazel

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Active Ingredients: Witch Hazel (100% All Natural) (Containing Alcohol 14%) (Astringent)

on 12/29/2005 11:07:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I LOVE this product. I started using it about 18 months ago with great results, then I ran out about 7 months ago and my SO bought me another toner to replace it. I decided to return to this about a month ago after trying several different kinds of toners and having HORRIBLE results -- breakouts, dry patches, etc. This does wonders for my skin -- my skin looks much healthier, clearer and my face actually feels soft after using this, not dry at all. It's cheap too and the large bottle lasts.

Love it! I can't believe how cheap it is. The scent is strong, yes, but I am getting used to it. If you want to know, it smells a lot like whiskey to me. I love that it works just as well as Clinique and for a fraction of the price. I love that it only has two ingredients: alcohol and witch hazel. It's keeping my skin clear (yay!) and that's the important thing.

It's also an excellent hair color remover from your skin when you're home coloring. I used to rely on Clinique for that, too.

Thank you, MUA, for cluing me in on this fabulous product!

on 11/25/2005 5:19:00 PM

Stinks to high heaven. Had to return it because the smell is overwhelming.

on 11/25/2005 4:59:00 PM

This toner worked pretty well for me. It was a large bottle, so it did last for awhile, and it didn't strip my skin, actually-somewhat-moisturized my skin. The only problem I had with this was that the smell was not very appealing. Well, at least the scent didn't linger.

on 11/20/2005 4:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Love this stuff. I just go over my face with a cotton ball and it looks clean and clear, like I just drank 8 glasses of water for the day. The huge bottle makes it hard to run out of anytime soon too.

A very good, cheap toner. It gets everything out of my skin. It's a big bottle for a cheap price, and does the same job as the toners that go for much more. I love using it to clean my face when I get home from work since it's not too powerful for my face but absorbs all the dirt and grime from the commute home on the bus.

on 10/28/2005 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

i've been using witch hazel as my only "toner" for several months with great success. i realize before i bought into the notion that a toner could save my face. i made several adjustments including using plain old witch hazel and it gets the job done. i don't see ever changing from this beauty basic. try it ladies. i have oily acne prone skin. if you do too consider you washes AND the treatments on your skin but for a nice toner to balance your skin give this product a try.

on 10/12/2005 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I have used witch hazel as an astringent/toner since I was in high school. I cannot imagine being without it. I use it morning and night, after washing. Even though I know that I am rinsing well and I've got little or no residue left behind from my wash, this makes my skin feel that much cleaner and refreshed. And, this is particularly nice for the mornings when I just rinse my skin with water. This is without scent and it does not dry nor irritate my fairly normal skin. I love this stuff and do not expect a time when I will not re-purchase this.

08/2007 UPDATE: I won't change the rating of this, as I do believe it woks well for those who can use it. I am pretty sure it doesn't work well with my rosacea, these days, so I don't use it anymore.

on 9/26/2005 1:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is the worst thing I've ever used on my face. After using this for a few days I noticed my face began getting extreemly dry and started making horrible dry patches that were hard to get rid of, especially on my nose. It was a nightmare! It took me a almost a week to get my skin back to normal. It had to be this product beause it was the only product in my routine that I changed. I will never buy this again.

I love this stuff. I used to use the generic stuff from drugstores but after stumbling upon this gem at an isle end in wal-mart i was ECSTATIC! My favorie thing about this is that it is 100% NATURAL witch hazel extract. There are 2 ingredients in this bottle.... and Im so glad its not pumped full of oils, perfumes and other junk. Exactly what I needed! I use it as a daily toner, its perfect!

Popular Face Skincare Products