April 21, 2014 | 1484 users online

Liquid - MAC - Pro Longwear Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 10/5/2010 11:55:00 AM More reviews by shuriya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I went to MAC today because I was really curious for that new foundation. It was one huge disappointment.
The texture is very thick and feels heavy on my skin. It looks so fake. If you can't get full coverage with this one I don't think there's anything left.
So far it didn't break me out, but it settled into my pores and lines in a matter of minutes. It's good I tried it in the store and didn't buy it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2010 9:11:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Phenomenal foundation that lives up to it's claims and the hype surrounding it. Very easy to apply and after a few trials and errors my favourite means for application are either a dampened makeup sponge/beauty blender or MAC 168 brush depending on the finish I desire. Applying it with a sponge provides me with a sheer to light coverage which I prefer for day time use and the brush gives me more of a medium to full coverage, perfect for evenings and going out. This foundation sets to a semi-matte finish, actually lasts all day without fading or oxidizing, and controls the oils in my t-zone perfectly.
For reference I can wear both NC15 and NW15 in Studio Fix Fluid and I purchased Pro Longwear in NC15. The shade is a great match and I have noticed it's less yellow in undertones compared to Studio Fix Fluid in NC15.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2010 7:58:00 PM More reviews by glamerpuss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Hands down, my absolute favorite foundation - from any brand! I am 43, have oily/dehydrated skin and wanted something with good coverage that lasts! This my friends is it! I have even taken a tissue to my skin 6 hours after applying it and presto - it DID NOT TRANSFER! Truly love this formula. Cant recommend it enough. Only a tiny amount is needed to cover the whole face. My friends are all hooked on it too.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2010 12:05:00 AM More reviews by Caramelatte

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Other, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product is great. I have OILY skin and it stayed put all day! Unfortunately, MAC doesn't carry a shade that works for me. Also, the shade I did try (NC45) oxidized terribly on me and I looked like an oompa loompa after a bit.

Nevertheless, I was very impressed by the staying power of this product, so I give it four lippies.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2010 5:55:00 PM More reviews by shanidy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

MAC foundations always seem to let me down, but I just keep trying them. I am pleased to say that my persistence has finally paid off. Pro Longwear is my HG foundation for a satin matte finish. (Diorskin Nude still holds out for a more dewy face).

I have very pale sensitive combination/dry skin. I'm using NC15. This is a perfect match for me. I think that this foundation runs a little more pale than normal. NC15 is normally slightly dark and yellow on my skin. The coverage seems moderate to me (I'm bad about this because I don't need much coverage). It sets fairly matte and stays flawless through my 10 hour work day. I've had pictures done in this foundation and am amazed by the appearance of my skin. On top of all that, it is easily available to me, not too expensive, and comes with a pump!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2010 5:48:00 PM More reviews by locogurl907

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

The pro longwear is specifically for dryer skin and its a really great foundation. The coverage is not AS good as the fix fluid but it is still really great. I love mac foundation in general though. It really really is great if you have dry skin! and the pro longwear colors run LIGHTER than the studio fix fluid im an nc 20/25 in fix fluid and a nc 30 in pro longwear. Its pretty much my HG

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2010 7:33:00 PM More reviews by nionio

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am switching from Nars sheer glow to this. I LOVED SG, however I hate the fact that I have to keep track of my shine. I can wear pro longwear for a straight 10 hours knowing that I don't have a shinny nose and forehead. I do have combination skin. My cheeks are dry, but my nose and forehead is very oily. At first, I find that I have to blot my nose after 5 hours. so I tried a different primer (switched from Josie Maran Primer Mist to MUFE HD), and I set with MAC MSFN and MUFE Super Matt loose powder on the nose area. TEN hours, my makeup looks fresh, just like how I finished in the morning. Nars Fiji/NC25 was exact match for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2010 5:55:00 PM More reviews by mystar456

well..
i am a freaking makeup-junkie.i love foundations and i am always on the go to find the best.
and after reading hell alot good reviews about this new mac foundation i thought to give it a try.
Normally i dont really like MAC foundations, i do like their color range but hate the quality and finish -i broke out like crazy.
For reference i am an NC35 in Studio fix sluid, but in pro longwear i am an NC37 ..weird. I would say that the pro longwear NC colors are more orange -beige than yellow-which i do prefer.It does not give me the ashy look like SFF.
I love the semi-matt finish , i love the orange color which looks super great on my asian skintone, even my boyfriend said that my skin looks super natural (normally he hates my makeup).
I use this foundation with my beloved maybellin dream matte pressed powder ..and i dont need any touch-ups during the day.
What i dont like is that it has SPF, it does not photographs really well. i do look like a ghost on photos. Dont use it for shootings or night outs.but i can tell for sure:
This is my HG-daytime-foundation
highly recommend this <3

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2010 12:44:00 AM More reviews by kamcalist

OMG! I LOVE THIS! I TRIED ESTEE LAUDER DW and it look horrid after a few hours, i looked all cakey no matter how lightly i applied it, well on a whim walking through dillards i HAD to stop by MAC and of course saw something new and the MUA did my makeup and i fell in love, she applied it light and it looked amazing, then she applied heavy and it still looked amazing and covered EVERYTHING! AHHH I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU MAC! thank you for my hg foundation, i just hope they dont stop making this! IF you are unsure about it, trust me you wont regret it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2010 8:41:00 PM More reviews by bdodds

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have definately found my HG. This foundation is fantastic! After using the Napoleon foundation stick and the MAC Studio Stick my young skin really began to suffer and my uneven skin tone and blemishes became painful and difficult to hide.
And along came Pro Longwear. The MUA at MAC was amazing and didn't mind the fact that I was reluctant to purchase straight after she applied it, purely because I wanted to see if it really would last. I was also worried about how my skin would react.
Needless to say I returned the a few days later to purchase the Longwear foundation and concealer and I am in love. It makes my skin appear naturally flawless, without feeling heavy and creating more problems. MAC have really outdone themselves!