Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream

4.2

Water, Petrolatum, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, PEG-30 Glyceryl Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Disodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol.

on 10/19/2008 10:47:00 PM

I was recommended this by all the websites about acne and problem skin. I only started using it recently, and I absolutely love it!! Really helps with my dry skin, and just overall, makes my skin happy :)

on 10/15/2008 10:46:00 PM

introduced by my general doctor. didn't like it at the beginning since it has no scent, but after years of playing with cosmetics products, unscented are the better ones. i love the texture, it's hydrated, not greasy, oily at all, won't make your skin shiny, i used it on my face every time i got an allergy for other products. it's clam and works as a rehab for my skin, definitely will buy again. BTW, I've tried the lotion, and the lotion seems more oily (a little bit) I will stick with the cream and also, a jar goes a long way (mine is at least 5 yrs old)

updates: it interacts with a my facial moisturizer (by boots), both of them are banned from my list right now.

on 10/15/2008 1:52:00 AM

I have hypothyroidism and that combined with genetics has given me extremely dry skin. Right now the weather is really dry and that also has contributed to my dry, peeling skin. This cream really gives my skin some relief and helps with the flakies. I use it at night and sometimes in the morning under my sunscreen on particularly bad days. It doesn't prevent the flakes entirely but it helps keep them at bay. With other moisturizers I've tried, I would wake up in the middle of the night and my skin was so dry I couldn't stand it, I had to get up and moisturize again. That doesn't happen so much with this. It's also great for my feet, knees, elbows, pretty much everywhere and it doesn't sting at all. It also doesn't clog my pores and it's moisturizing without being greasy. Plus, a huge tub that lasts forever only costs about $10. Overall it's very good for the price if you need a heavy duty moisturizer.

on 10/14/2008 7:35:00 AM

can not live without this product!! I use it on my entire body (including my face at night after I apply RetinA) it is a great vaule and I love that it has no sent! My dermatologist swears by it too!
It is also the only thing after 2 years of trial and error that has helped my 2 year olds Ezcema...we apply 3 times a day and she has been ezcema clear!
We must have at least 4 tubes around the house at any given time!

on 10/13/2008 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use this as a night moisturizer and during the winter. It has a very thick consistency (hence, cream not lotion), but absorbs very quickly. It is also wonderful as a hand lotion, on your elbows, etc. When I first used it, I didn't like it because I felt that it was too thick, but after using it for a while, I liked it much more. This container lasts forever (I bought the Costco size one and it lasted a year) and I only need a small amount for my whole face.

This cream doesnt clog my pores and makes my skin really smooth. will buy again of course because its really hard to find a good moisturizer as my skin is really sensitive and it breaks out quiet easy. so far this cream works wonders.

on 10/12/2008 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I've been looking for a moisturizer that's just a moisturizer. My skin is really badly broken out, and has a lot of spots and acne-fighting moisturizers just weren't working.

This moisturizes my face really well and hasnt broken me out further. I got a 16 oz tub from Ulta for pretty cheap...and I'm sure I can get it cheaper in the future. So far I'm using it night and day.

I don't love that it's a tub of cream but I supposed since it's thick, a pump would be a waste after a while. It's not stopping me from buying this again someday, which won't be for a long while! I hope to try their face wash next.

LOVE it! bought i gigantic tub at costco for 10 bucks and i use it at night all over my face. Its not greasy, just moisturizing. I also use it on elbows. Its fabulous!

on 10/9/2008 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This moisturizing cream was exactly what my skin needed! My skin has always been on the dry side. But lately, probably due to a lot of stress, it's turned definatively dry. My go-to day and night moisturizer has always been Olay Complete, but it just wasn't cutting it anymore. After applying it at night, by morning my face would be tight. So I bought a tub of Cetaphil at Walgreens, and what a wonderful thing it is. No frills, no outrageous claims--just great, intense moisturization that lasts and doesn't break me out. I'll stick with this for as long as my skin needs it, or as long as they produce it!

This is my old reliable stand-by moisturizer for those times when a new moisturizer disappoints me. It could absorb a little better, it could be more emollient, but it doesn't clog pores or cause irritation and that's a big plus where my crazy reactive skin is concerned.

Popular Moisturizers