October 23, 2014 | 1986 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Cream

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2008 3:05:00 PM More reviews by BRANDI7013

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My dermatologist recommends this. In fact, I think every dermatologist recommends this. But, I bought the pump one and quit using it because I think it is 'too simple.' Wierd, but thats just how I feel about this product. It doesn't do anything over the top like lock in moisture for more than 8 hours. And, on top of that, its kind of sticky. But, I rate it nicely because my hubby uses it and he gets ashy. So, he likes it because it works for him!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2008 10:08:00 PM More reviews by Steph84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a great moisturizer for someone with sensitive skin. I use this every night on my face and use it on my body as well. It never stings and it does not have any fragrance. I like it a LOT better than the lotion--the lotion is a lot more oily than the cream. I have the big tub of it and I scoop out some and store in a smaller container for use on my face. It's not that sanitary so sometimes I wipe off the top of the cream. Germs aside, I highly recommend this to anyone with sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2008 12:08:00 PM More reviews by camilla8

This is a great, all purpose cream for dry skin, or if you have excema. I use it on my son, and with daily use it completely cleared up his excema. I use it on any of my dry spots. I love that it is sorta a heavy cream (I for one like heavy creams on my body because I think the heavy creams seem to sink in and really stay on your skin). I have used it sparingly and lightly on my face with no issues. Just don't slather it on, could clog pores. My only big gripe is that I think it's a tad expensive. And I'm not too keen on the large tub. But it's alright, and it's still a great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2008 11:54:00 PM More reviews by leah732

I really like this stuff for my super-dry skin on my body, but i never thought to use this on my face. I am now using this as a night cream, but not long enough to write about it. But I would love to update review if i see any changes. I don't know why i never thought to use this on my face since it is non-comodegenic. But overall, this is a staple in bathroom cabinet. If ur not a dry skin type, then this may be a little greasy for you.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2008 10:33:00 PM More reviews by Rapunzelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My dermatologist recommended this to me years ago when I was a kid with bad excema. Turns out it wasn't effected by the products I used but was stress related so since then I've been able to use other products. This is a very good cream. Moisturizing and effective and not too expensive. It's fragrance free, though it does have a slight scent. I don't usually like lotions with petroleum products in them because they tend to leave a film on my skin or make my skin feel like it's suffocating, but this doesn't have that effect. I still prefer to use lotions without petroleum however. A tub will last you forever. I like it enough to buy it again, but there are so many other wonderful lotions and creams on the market sans petroleum products (with lovely scents that I like) that I'm not sure I will. If you need something for sensitive skin then this is your product. It is So much better than Eucerin (I hate that stuff...it feels like plastic on my skin).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2008 4:50:00 PM More reviews by letsbedazzle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used to have such red and angry skin on my face, I'm going to go ahead and say it was the Proactiv, in my infinite wisdom, haha. I switch to just using Dr. Bronner's Peppermint soap, some diluted Tea Tree Oil a couple times a week, and cetaphil cream. It's fairly heavy, so I usually apply it to wettish/damp skin. My skin has never looked better. I don't think this clogs pores, I'm 16 so I doubt I can completely escape the clenches of little bumpies, and I can go without makeup if I so wish without a qualm. I got a 20 oz jar at costco for something like 10 dollars, and I think in about a year I've gone through half the jar. It's just a great, basic moisturizer for all skin types.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2008 11:59:00 AM More reviews by Alexine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this in the 16 oz jar and it is amazing. During Fall and Winter it is not uncommon for me to go through several creams because my face get sooo extremely dry. I bought this on a whim and I can't believe how highly moisturizing it is. I wish I would've found this months ago, because it not only works for my face and neck, but also for my hands. I use this at night and when I wake up, my skin is soft and moisturized. No roughness or tightness. I'm very pleased and impressed with this cream. The price is unbeatable and the quality superb.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2008 6:50:00 PM More reviews by puffnugget

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

When my face is out of control with dryness and flakes, I turn to Cetaphil Cream. During these episodes, I wear it at night and wake up with a more hydrated face. I apply it before makeup to smooth the dry patches. If I use it more than 2-3 days in a row, I will break out with whiteheads and stuffed pores. The repackaged version brakes me out less than the old one. Despite the acne, I will purchase and repurchase because I have yet to find anything better to tame very dry, flaky skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2008 7:58:00 PM More reviews by sarahandj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This review is for CVS COPARE TO CETHAPHIL MOISTURIZING CREAM. NOT CETHAPHIL. I have loved cethaphil cream for years as a heavy duty cream for body. IMO nothing beats it for extra dry skin. When they reformulated Cethaphil, as everyone as noted, the smell is really weird. CVS has made the knockoff cream and it is still the same and fragrance free completely. Great option for Cethaphil fans. If you do not have cvs, they are on line. It is around 10 dollars for the tube. I prefer natural creams and lotions now, but this is a must have standby. I have found that it takes awhile to sink in and you can speed that up by using powder over it or mixing with aloe vera jelly. (Aloelife is the best) Hope this helps!!! Also, Equate at Walmart may make this too, I haven't tried it though.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/24/2008 8:28:00 PM More reviews by CelesteB

Not that great, in my opinion. It is just okay...