NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-butyldimethicone Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methyl-Hydantoin-2-imide, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polysilicone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocopherol, [may contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides, iron oxides]

on 1/12/2012 10:57:00 AM

Got a sample of this makeup in Sante Fe at Sephoria. Glad I didn't but the bottle. It did not make my dry skin glow. It looked heavy and unnatural. Not worth the money.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This is my favorite foundation. My undertones are neutral and I'm about NC/NW15-20. I was looking for a more neutral shade or even for a light and cool yellow shade. The MAC NC's are pretty warm and not natural at all, just like the NW's.
I ordered it online, so I wasn't that sure about the color I picked out. It's Deauville, which is a neutral color and I am so happy with the color match! It's a little too dark for my neck, so I purchased Siberia and I always blend this with the Deauville shade in my neck area.
I've never ever had a color like that before. I tried so many brands (MUFE, Chanel, Dior ..) but there are just no good neutral colors.

I love the finish. It really leaves a sheer glow on my skin. I have normal skin with some dry areas, so this claims to be perfect for my skin and it really is.

This foundation is not sheer at all. I prefer medium to full coverage and for me it is medium! I have redness on my cheecks and some parts seem really blue. The foundation covers it all and stays for about 6 hours.

I would especially recommend this, if you are looking for a perfect neutral/ cool yellow shade. This foundation is almost perfect!

on 1/3/2012 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This foundation is one of my HG foundation. I first purchased the NARS sheer matte. But i didn't like how it blended with a brush and it also looked cakey on. So I went back to sephora and exchanged it with the sheer glow, which by the way blends way better than the sheer matte. I love the finish it looks way natural than any other foundations i have. I guess because of the color i chose which is macao. For refernce im a MAC NC50.

on 1/2/2012 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have never worn much foundation but now that I'm in my 40s, I realize I could seriously use the help to even out my skin tone. I have used mineral foundations on and off and really love Laura Mercier's but wanted to find a liquid foundation that might work on me and provide light coverage. I was matched perfectly at Sephora (and I never would have gotten it right on my own) - and really, this foundation works wonderfully. It doesn't really provide a "glow" like I had hoped but I have good highlighters for that anyway. I don't use it every day and don't think it's truly an HG for me, but I do love it and do think it's worth the price.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

So i've used NARS sheer glow for a little over a year now. originally i was matched to barcelona, but when i went back to Sephora to get a new bottle i got matched to syracuse. The foundations I've used in the past are Make Up Forever HD foundation (shade 128), Bare minerals (golden medium), and Clinique's even better. This by far is the best choice if your looking for more coverage because it's buildable but doesn't leave you cakey. If you want the same glow effect with less coverage i recommend Clinques even better, and if you want a foundation that's more Matte with light coverage i recommend the MUFE HD.

Pros: Great coverage, does really good job of covering up acne scars, brightens complection, buildable coverage

Cons: Bottle doesn't have a pump, $42.00

on 12/30/2011 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I am confident I will be using this foundation for a long time to come. In Australia this foundation retails for $79 which is ridiculous, I buy it from America for around $40 which is cheap relative to the price of a good foundation in Australia.
I cannot fault this foundation. Goes on beautifully and the shade Fiji is a perfect match to my natural skin tone. I focus my application mainly in my T-Zone and I have never had a breakout from it. I pair it with NARS loose powder in Eden and I have Flawless coverage. So pleased I would easily recommend this to anyone! Worth every cent and I feel one million dollars!
If I had to fault it I would say the packaging. I went traveling recently and had the bottle on its side and the product leaked all through the lid of the bottle. A pump lid would of avoided this.

on 12/28/2011 6:36:00 PM

i love every aspect of this foundation apart from the packaging, is it really that hard for nars to include a pump when you already pay enough for the product, that is the least they could do!! anyway attention back to the actual product, the colour match of this foundation has been the best i have ever found, i have tried numerous foundations ; several from chanel, mac etc and none can match this foundation in terms of colour match. i use barcelona for reference and it is absolutely my perfect shade. as i tend to need a light coverage i only tend to use this foundation when i want my skin to look its most flawless ie for special occasions. with the sheer glow i wouldnt quite call it a full coverage foundation though it can certainly be built up to one, it is more of a medium coverage and i apply it with fingers or flat foundation brush either of these methods work fine. as for providing a glow, it does make my skin look a whole lot more healthy so if thats the glow the people at nars are talking about then i see it. the finish of the foundation is more satin then dewy and i do find myself setting it because i can become victim to an oily t-zone sometimes so i always do this step anyway. I'm absolutely in love with this foundation and will repurchase over and over as it just makes my skin the best it can look and subsequent products that i apply just look amazing on top.

Im finally bringing myself to write this review, Nars sheer glow is a amazing product, it makes you look flawless, and let's your natural skin shine though radiantly. I've purchasced this product about 4 times now, but it seemed different every time I repurchased it. I have to say I won't be buying it ever again. Although it makes your skin look amazing, there are some major cons. For one, it's not long lasting at all it will make you look great for maybe a good 3 hours! And it transfers SO easily, it's actually quite embarrassing when you hug a guy and leave him with a nice big orangey makeup spot on his white shirt... There is a great color selection and I found my perfect match, but like I said it seemed to be different when I bought it again. Hope my review helps!

on 12/26/2011 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

When i first picked up NARS sheer glow i was very excited to try it out as there has been a lot of hype about this product and especially with me having dry skin, 'glowy' foundations are a must! I was a little disappointed in this product as it is not that dewy at all... i has a semi-matte finish and my Revlon colorstay is MUCH dewier. However it is a nice foundation, long lasting and provides a good coverage... although definitely not worth £30

on 12/21/2011 10:18:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I have been using this foundation for a few weeks now. I must say I do like it a lot. I have had minor breakouts here and there but it could be from a vast amount of different products I have been using, it has cleared up now. It is expensive and I was disappointed with the fact there is no pump on the foundation : (. I would buy the product again because the overall quality is great! It provides full coverage with a nice glow!

Video Reviews & Tutorials