MISSHA M Perfect Cover BB Cream

3.8

on 11/15/2010 12:55:00 PM

Like most bb creams, it has a grayish cast to it. It's a lot cheaper than other bb creams and I think it smells AMAZING!. Again, like most bb creams, there is a limited color range. However, I do no think it breaks me out. It has a very dewy finish and makes me oily throughout the day, though. I would repurchase it.

on 11/15/2010 9:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This product broke me out. Although the coverage is good, one day after using it, I feel my acne became much more serious.
Update:
I wanted to give it one more try... Very disappointed... My friend told me she got more blackhead after one month use. I wanted to give it to my friends, but the ones who tried it before all refused to have it again T_T
Don't use it... After one month use, you will find your skin is getting worse, getting darker and duller. Moreover, it's very difficult to be taken off, even I use cleansing oil.

on 11/13/2010 6:23:00 AM

This product makes me look like I have a natural flawless skin. I like that it doesn't feel heavy on my face. I love the smell, too, I can't stop smelling the bottle whenever I'm on my vanity! HAHA. The bad part? I noticed that I have some sort of allergic reaction to it -- red spots on my forehead and cheeks. And also the shade selection is very limited.

on 11/13/2010 4:55:00 AM

I bought this BB cream because i wanted to try one and bought it with 2 friends. Have tried samples prior buying it online, it give you the dewy glow and blends quite well. I felt that my skin look darn good with this on! However, some said that there were mineral oil in this BB cream, so i seldom use it anymore.( even though it was not stated in the ingredient list on the box ) As i had other BB cream samples, i intended to finish those and use this again. Truthfully, i was kinda scared what it will do to my skin, so i will try other BB cream before using this back again. After trying other BB creams, i felt that this is quite thick and heavy compared to the others. It has a good coverage though (: i always use it to cover dark circles. Oil control of this works okay, doesn't cake nor break me out. This actually last all day.

I will not buy this again as 50 ML is a lot, i'm not even sure that i can finish this tube. I think i would want to try other range and other brands' BB cream.

Packaging wise was not bad, comes in a tube with a pump, convenient and hygienic.

on 11/11/2010 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Wow. I have never had a foundation cover as well as this tinted moisturizer. A little goes a long way and covers and even my skin so well. It also lasts longer thru out the day more than any other foundation I have ever used. Adriana265 gives a great review and includes the color selections available and their undertones which is very helpful. as she noted, #23 has cool/pink/beige undertones, so if you have yellow undertones like me, go with #21 instead. The colors are very limited which is frustrating. Also, the smell is super strong, like baby lotion and perfume. I HATE putting scented products on my face and this stuff is heavily scented. The scent goes away after 30 minutes or so, thank god. As others have cautioned, it has mineral oil in it, so if that irritates you I would not purchase it. The finish for me is full and almost matte. Not dewy at all, so I like to add Moonbeam from Benefit where I want more of a glow.

I would recommend getting the samples first to try which are available all over the internet.

UPDATE: Just as I noted the mineral oil in this gave me breakouts. Really, deep ones, that are awful. It's a shame since the cvg. and life of this is great.

on 11/8/2010 1:55:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I want to love this BB Cream, but unfortunately it contains mineral oil, and that aggravates my skin. I can wear it for a day and be fine. But two days in a row and my skin gets angry. That's why I didn't give it a 5/5.

But onto the real review:
This product is very smooth, and has a pleasant (sort of powdery) smell. Applying it with the fingers gives a lighter coverage; good for hot days. However, I tried applying it with a stippling brush despite it's thicker texture (compared to liquid foundations), and I actually got a very impressive full coverage! I have very dark scars from acne caused by PCOS, so I'm always trying to find a way to cover them until I find a product to help get rid of them. This product also doesn't settle into my pores, and it doesn't oxidize throughout the day! I do need a little touch up with powder in the afternoon, but nothing to fret over. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone that doesn't breakout from mineral oil.

on 11/8/2010 1:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Good coverage; offers that flawless porcelain look; and the extra SPF is an appreciated bonus. It's a little slick on the face however, and as I have oily skin, I need to pair this with a pressed powder. On major breakout weeks, I definitely need to layer on foundation for adequate coverage. Luckily it did not cause me to break out, but it also has not improved my skin any. Overall a good buy, but it's not perfect.

UPDATE: I recant what I said earlier about this product not causing me to break out! After using it every day for months and going through 2 bottles, it wreaked havoc on my skin. It clogged my pores, resulting in triple the usual number of blackheads I have, and also caused me to break out in unusual places. This is a good *makeup* product, but do not be fooled into thinking it's a good *skincare* product. I'm now having serious doubts whether I'll buy a third bottle.

on 11/6/2010 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This BB cream is designed to lighten the skin tone, heal blemishes, provide good coverage and prevent skin aging with whitening and anti-wrinkle properties. Sounds like heaven in a tube, doesn't it? For reference I have sensitive normal skin. I chose the #2 shade of this BB cream.

The colour ranges are obviously limited, but they do have 4 shades available - 13, 21, 23, 31. 13 is a very light beige, 21 is a light beige and has a more yelllow tone, 23 is a true beige colour with grey/pink tones, and 31 is a tan colour with peachy tones. 23 is pretty good match for me (despite the odd undertones, they fade a little once applied), but I think I'll try out 21 next time.

The BB cream is rather thick in consistancy, which is why it has such good skin coverage. It covers any redness and small blemishes really well whilst evening out my skintone. Despite the consistancy, it spreads and blends pretty easily onto the skin. I pat it on as opposed to rubbing it in. It leaves my skin looking plump and moisturised. Not a matte finish, but not dewy either. Semi-matte would be more accurate.

A word of advice: don't apply too much or else it will look very obvious that you are wearing makeup, and it may feel thick and heavy on your face. The downside to this is that you will not get the full SPF benefits. This BB cream has an SPF of 42 which is very impressive, but unless you apply a teaspoon of BB cream to your face, you're not going to get that. So, always apply your regular sunscreen underneath aswell.

This BB cream is fragranced, which may irritate some sensitive skins. It smells like herbs, flowers and baby lotion to my nose. I love the smell. I just don't see why they feel the need to fragrance it! It was originally designed to be oil-free, but the ingredient list was reformulated quite a while ago, so this BB cream now contains mineral oil. If you are a person who reacts badly to mineral oils, you may want to steer clear.

I think the oil control properties of this BB cream are brilliant. However, if I don't moisturize very well beforehand, the BB cream makes my skin dry and flaky.

In terms of its "healing" properties...I don't think it heals blemishes itself, but it doesn't seem to aggravate them either. It contains arbutin, which helps to lighten skin, so with prolonged use you may see results (I'm talking about several months to a year, here. Don't expect a lighter skintone in a week, people!) Even so, I cannot contribute any skin lightening effects merely to this BB cream as I use whitening soaps and creams, so I can't measure the help this BB cream gives. Either way, it doesn't hurt though!

Lasting power is amazing - I can apply at 6AM and it will still be there at 10PM. Very long wearing on me, even through wet rainy weather or hot humid weather. You must use an oil cleanser followed by a regular cleanser and toner to remove this stuff, otherwise you will most likely break out.

Overall this is a good BB cream if you're looking for good coverage. It's not my favourite, but by no means do I think it's not a nice product. Despite the coverage, it still manages to look natural and does not break me out.

on 10/31/2010 3:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

When I first bought this bb cream, I really hated it. No matter how I applied it, it broke me out. I was so disappointed since many youtubers love it. However, one day I was researching on the best way to apply this bb cream, and someone wrote a blog saying a japanese makeup artist says the best way to apply this is with your fingers and I read somewhere else that you should apply the littlest amount. I used to apply as much of this as any other foundation, but recently I've tried this again with a new way of application, and I have to say that Im loving this! Basically, I pump out a 1 1/2 pea size amount and dot it all over my face and blend it really well with my fingers. It gives a very natural finish. The coverage on this is basically sheer since you cant apply to much so you would have to use a concealer on trouble areas, but it really evens out the skin tone is basically what a foundation should do since foundations are made to even out the skin tone while concealers are made to cover imperfections. Overall, I really like this bb cream now, and although its a little pricey, I think its worth it. But I would recommended going to their website missha.net to buy the sampler pack first where it has the bb cream, boomer, lipgloss, etc so you can be sure you'll like it before you buy the full size which is like 30 bucks, and the sampler is like .. 20? at least, when I bought it, it was 20 bucks :)

EDIT: it breaks me out and the color is still a bit grayish on me :/

on 10/26/2010 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This was my first BB cream and I'm in love with this BB cream. I have tried other BB creams (it's skin's BB) and went back to Missha. I have pretty dark skin (naturally and also tan very easily) for an Asian and other BB creams are too white for me, even when it's the company's darkest color. This one spreads easily and covers everything perfectly. I used to just where this as a foundation because it covered so well. Now I use foundation on top just to match my skin color more and every time my parents to go Korea, I have them buy several so I can never run out!

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Bash it or Buy it?!! Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream - demo and review by Denim Vixen

Top Rated MISSHA Products