MISSHA M Perfect Cover BB Cream

3.8

on 1/13/2011 3:56:00 AM

Let's start with some background info on my skin:
- combo skin (oily t-zone)
- nc20-25 asian skin
- not acne prone or sensitive

I have tried numerous BB creams in the past and out of all of them, Missha Perfect Cover offers the best coverage and lasting power. I have it in No.23, a light-medium beige shade that has grey undertones. It sounds like a strange color, but it actually matches my skin pretty well once it is blended in. The packaging notes that this product contains SPF 42 and PA+++ (anti-tanning) properties, which is much higher than most American tinted moisturizers that are stuck in the SPF 15 range. Missha also claims that their BB cream has anti-aging and whitening effects. I cannot really judge the "anti-aging" aspect since I am only 19. And I did not notice that my complexion has gotten any lighter since using this product. Since I did not buy this product for these wild claims, I don't really care if it works or not. I basically use this as a tinted moisturizer on days that I don't have time for a full face of foundation, which is pretty often since I nearly always oversleep for school. On days like that, I just apply some moisturizer, this BB cream, liner, mascara and I'm out the door! The coverage is pretty decent for anyone with reasonably clear skin, it does cover redness and minor acne scars, but you will have to conceal newer/darker blemishes. I would say this is medium coverage at best. This does NOT last all day, but it stays in place for the 4-5 hours that I am in class, which is good enough for me. The finish is very natural and glowy, it looks like skin! Dryer skin types can skip powdering, but those with oilier skin should probably do a light dusting. There is a mild floral scent, but it doesn't bother me at all, reminds me of laundry or oldschool makeup. The packaging is also very convenient to take on trips since it is a squeeze tube + pump + cap combo, it is virtually indestructable and won't make a mess in your makeup bag. I usually get these from my relatives in Asia, and it is wicked cheap over there, so the price is not a problem. For those who don't have access to the Asian markets, not to worry, the prices on eBay are quite reasonable (around $20). If you have doubts, you can even find sample sizes online before investing in the full size (50mL).

on 1/11/2011 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

i wish the colour as a better match for me because the consistency & finish is amazing! so amazing that i still use it sometimes but only a tiiiiiiny little bit, a very thin layer to give me that 'flawless bb cream' look =)

the colour is ashy grey, but i'm yellow toned with pink tones on my cheeks only. i have this in 21 as i read in reviews that the 23 is more pink then the 21 - i am about an NC25.

coverage is superb even when i only apply a htin layer. very eays to spread and wearability is ok. i have normal skin with an oily nose; my nose still gets oily but it does regardless of what i put on =S

this is my second bb cream, i think i'll keep trying until i find a colour match =)

on 1/11/2011 11:02:00 AM

This is a very matte BB cream with a thick and heavy consistency. I bought this in shade 21, which was very light on my NC30 skin and made me look chalky. Unlike other BB creams like Shills, it definitely doesn't leave you with a dewy and fresh complexion - it's more of a matte look. Perhaps this product would be better on more mature skin (I'm 27). I will not be repurchasing.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I bought this product in no. 31, since that is my color. It's perfect now but will probably be too light when I get tanner so I'll have to mix it with some darker foundation, no big deal. I love this stuff, the finish is great and you dont need a lot, so this product is going to last me forever. I got the 50ml bc thats the only size the 31 comes in. I've used it for a couple days and have had no adverse reactions to it which I'm happy about. It's more expensive than I'd want to pay but again it will last me a long time.

I like the coverage of this compared to other BB creams, but it doesn't quite match my skin tone -- it's a little too pink and I'm more yellow-toned. It doesn't work for dark undereye circles, but it is buildable.

I'm considering repurchasing this to use with a powder because I like the way it goes on so much; I don't want to go back to mineral makeup. I do use a primer under it, I feel like it goes on better that way.

Update: Somehow this became my HG BB cream! I tried a few other brands (Skin79, Dr. Jart+) and compared to them this was so easy to apply and didn't accentuate dry spots or blemishes. I started using this with a pressed powder over the top and the color matches almost perfectly now. I think my search for the perfect BB cream is going to stop here. :)

Update Two: Meh. I've been using MUFE Mat Velvet+ regularly -- I tried using the Missha again and it just greased up on my face after thirty minutes. The pinky gray made my skin look weird, too. I probably won't use this again, even though I have a half-full tube and one backup; I guess after finding a great liquid foundation I've realized it wasn't worth putting up with the weird color and lack of oil control.

on 12/30/2010 2:24:00 AM

Really like this BB Cream. It gives me a nice finish that leaves my face feeling relaxed and comfortable. I always find that foundation makes my skin feel tired and gross, not because of the brand or type of foundation but the mere fact that I'm putting foundation on. But BB Creams make me feel comfortable and better about putting makeup on my skin, since it has anti-aging and/or whitening effects.

I was worried that No. 23 would be too dark my skin with I pushed my first pump, but it actually fits my NC25 skin pretty well. It's very easy to blend (I use my fingers), and a little pea size is all I need. 50ml will last a very long time, because BB Creams are not meant to be used like a foundation. Only a fraction of the usual foundation amount is needed.

Good standard quality BB Cream.

on 12/24/2010 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Out of curiosity, I decided to purchase Missha M Perfect Cover BB cream No. 23 (Natural Beige). This was the very first BB cream I used and I was amazed by the result. First of all, I'm going to talk about the PRO'S. It's very easy to blend (I use my fingers by the way), it evens out skin tone and gives a natural dewy finish which I love. Another thing is that it doesn't cake and in my case controls oil for about 4-6 hours which is pretty good. It's safe for everyday use because it does not clog pores. I must say the packaging is very nice too (if that counts!)

Unfortunately, this product is not without its flaws. Unlike foundations, there is not much shade to choose from. The No. 23 is actually slightly darker than my skin color so I have to apply/reapply powder to my face as the shade tends to get darker through the day. Although its true that it covers redness and reduce the appearance of scars, this product does not work well on those dark under eye circles. I have read somewhere that you have to apply generous amounts to darker areas and I did try it but got an ashy effect. So, for a flawless look, we still need our old reliable concealers. Also, the smell of this product is a bit strange but I don't really mind. This shade however, is good for light to medium skin tones and I would not recommend it to people with dark skin. BB creams are quite expensive depending on where you purchase it from, I got mine for PHP 1,200 (shipping fee included).

I have to give this product a 3 out of 5. But I have yet to try Missha M Perfect Cover BB cream No. 21 (Bright Beige) or other popular brands like BRTC, Dr. Jart, Etude House or Skin79.

on 12/22/2010 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

a great multi-tasking product. i use it on days where i need high SPF and can't be bothered buffing in my MUFE mat velvet + liquid foundation. applies easily with fingers, i apply it like a moisturizer.

the scent is nice and gentle, not irritating to me at all. oil control is normal, i still have to blot during that day like i usually do. the coverage is sheer so it still looks like my skin i showing, so it looks natural (like i'm not wearing anything at all). initiall starts of slightly grey but will oxidize to match my skin tone (NC20-25).

i recommended this to another 2 friends whom both have dry skin. they found that it suited them too, and asked me to purchase another 2 x 50ml tubes for them. i guess this suits both dry and oily skin too ^__^ will definitely repurchase this!

on 12/19/2010 2:28:00 AM

I heard so many good reviews about this product and I was excited to get it. It is very sheer and gets the job done by even out my skin. It doesn't feel like you're wearing makeup at all. I like it except for one major problem, it breaks me out. My skin is pretty sensitive but I thought this product is meant for sensitive, asian skin. I guess not so much on me.

on 12/16/2010 12:30:00 AM

im sad
this product was good to me before the summer due to my incredibly ghostly complexion. i dont have serious acne related problems, but do have lone pimples here and there and fairly large pores and also i dont seem to exhibit uneven discoloration. this bb cream helped to make my face look dewy and simply cleaned up...and then i got darker (now i am no longer ghost-like but human-like) :(
i cant wear this product anymore for my whole face, but because i cherish my dear missha, i use it as a kind of luminizer on my nose, between eyebrows area, cupids bow and a tad on the tops of cheeks.
if you are light skinned, i do advise you to get this. easy to apply, doesnt oxidize into weird colors, very moisturizing
why cant MISSHA create more colors :'(

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Bash it or Buy it?!! Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream - demo and review by Denim Vixen

Top Rated MISSHA Products