MISSHA M Perfect Cover BB Cream

on 1/29/2011 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

For everyday use, I love this product. It goes on smoothly and gives a very natural finish. Covereage is light-medium. So on days that I feel I need a little bit more coverage, I follow up with concealer or foundation. But, I notice that my skin has gotten much nicer since using this bb cream. I love the high spf (42 i think?). The only other bb cream I have tried is Lioele's and I like the finish of Missha more. Lioele is a little more dewy and moisterizing. Missha gives my skin a more velvety matte finish. I would buy this again. But...I don't think I'm done looking for the perfect bb cream.

on 1/28/2011 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I love this product! Provides great coverage, high SPF, long-lasting, and blends well into your skin color giving it a nice brightening without the typical gray tone that bb creams can sometimes leave. I have the medium shade, but they also have shades one lighter and darker. My problem with BB creams in the past was that they were too light and didn't provide adequate coverage. This one however provides coverage even better than foundation. I have really bad dark circles, but i actually don't need concealer after using this. Amazing. However, it should be noted that this bb cream does feel a bit heavier, although that doesn't bother me!

on 1/22/2011 9:51:00 AM

I used to use this for a few months. It has really good coverage as there's no need for concealer. I thought it was a good match for my skintone (shade 21), but then I gradually realize that it's a bit white for me, my skin is already pale and this made be paler. Such a waste, coz the coverage is really good. Oh, it sinks into the fine lines and laugh lines!! Maybe it's because I put loose powder over it, but skin79's BB cream don't give me this problem.

on 1/22/2011 9:28:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I'm not going to go into all the benefits (like 42 spf, anti-aging, etc) of this product bc everyone has mentioned them. I started using bb creams 3 years ago and was a loyal fan of Skinfood's mushroom bb cream which I bought in hong kong. Last fall a friend of mine went to Korea and got me the missha bb cream and I absolutely love this stuff. The coverage is really good- I dont need to use concealer. I apply a thin layer over my face spreading w my fingers, and then spot treat w the product. I use a small small amount for my entire face (like 1/3 of a pump). I do t normally use a full pump of this stuff unless I accidentally push too hard. I love the packaging for it's hygienic properties but it's hard to control how much product to get out sometimes. Thus totally convers my under eyes circles, brightens my face, and I just look fresh and my skin looks awesome. Really such a great product! Sometimes I'll put on some setting power if I'm going to a humid place like a club or if it's summer, otherwise this does a good job throughoutthe day. And for reference I'm nc30 and I got the shade 23. I don't even use any other foundations or TMs from other companies anymore. It's also great for travel bc I only need to bring this. This also works if u wantedto use it to cove up any scars or redness like a spot treatment and then putting power all over your face to even out skin. I do have pretty clear skin w the occasional breakout but I have hyperpigmentation and some roseca that is covered totally by this product.

on 1/19/2011 10:55:00 PM

So I'd just like to start off by saying that the product relative to the price is pretty damn good. You get 50ml in a nice air-sealed tube with a pump for only 10-15 dollars online!
I've been using this for over half a year and have repurchased twice and I've never had any major problems with it.

My skin tone's a NC25 and I found that No. 21 was a pretty decent match for me. Granted, the color selection isn't amazing but the product has a way of oxidizing and matching your skin tone in a few minutes after application.

So what I usually do is apply a silicone based primer and then I buff this onto my skin with an ELF powder brush. I like the consistency of this product because it's pretty light but yet it's not runny like a lot of other TMs. It gives off a glowy, dewy finish. But since I really don't like that type of finish, I dust a little bit of MAC Studio Fix over my face. I find this is especially helpful in the summer when I can mix my BB Cream with a little of my darker NARS oil free foundation when I get tan.

I for one have not gotten any breakouts from this even though my skin is very sensitive. This product claims to be anti-aging and blemish-fighting but since I'm a teenager I can only comment on the latter. Personally, I don't think this helps with my acne but it doesn't aggravate it which is great. I find that the BB Cream helps to reduce redness, conceal minor scars and even out my skin tone but other than that it's not really ideal in terms of coverage. I think this is a TM for people with relatively clear skin to be honest. It's not a miracle product like some youtube gurus claim it to be but it's a pretty decent TM.

This smells a lot like baby-products but honestly, don't let this be the deal breaker, it's not pleasant but it's definitely not offensive. I don't even notice it anymore cause it's so faint.

But just a word of advice, after wearing this you gotta wash your face pretty well before you go to bed. This product has great staying-power and MISSHA even offers a type of BB Cream cleansing oil specifically made to wash off BB Creams.

Good luck :)

on 1/18/2011 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

This product is pretty good. I have very oily skin and it soothes my redness. It does have several kinds of oils in it though, so it might break some people out. I need to use a primer and then set it with HD powder, then it stays much better. This is a list of the ingredients just because I think it'll be helpful...

Water (Aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Cetyl PEF/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Zinc Oxide, Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Butylene Glycol, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Arbutin, Magnesium Aluminium Silicate, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Hydrolysed Collagen, Rosa Rubiginosa Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Squalane, Caviar Extract, Adenosine, Algae Extract, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ceramide 3, Chamomila Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Fragrance (Parfum), Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Salicylate, Hydroxycitronellal, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Citronellol. MAY CONTAIN [+/-; Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)]

on 1/18/2011 3:10:00 PM

I thought this was worth trying but I didn't have high expectations, I was expecting an over glorified tinted moisturiser and in the past I have just hated tinted moisturisers because they are way too dark for my skin and they provide terribly poor coverage.

Boy was I suprised by this! I got it in shade 13 and I have never had a product come so close to my skintone ever! I love how easy it is to apply, because it has to texture of a cream it is so easy to spread. The coverage is buildable and unlike some foundations when you try to build up coverage this doesn't go cakey. I apply a generous layer all over my face and then take a little on my finger and dab it over imperfections and the coverage is suprisingly very good. I would describe it as medium coverage - but I do put quite a lot on.

This lasts all day, I fell asleep on the sofa and woke up with it still in place. Now for those of us with spots I guess you will want to know if you need a concealer? If you want to totally hide them then yes you will, but if you apply it like I said above ^^ then you should be able to get away without it - depends how bad they are.

As it is winter right now I don't use this everyday - I use this when I'm in a rush in the morning and haven't got time to apply foundation and concealer and at weekends when I just want something lighter that will let my skin breath. In the summer however I suspect that this will be my go to makeup. I will probably buy shade 21 and mix it with the 13 to darken it a little bit just to stop me from looking like some sort of ghost. Overall I'm pleasantly suprised by this, it's not a miracle product, but it is suprisingly good.

A downside to this though is I can't find shade 13 in the larger size :(

Edit: I'm currently going through an awful bout of dry skin, and this is not the product to use at all. It emphasises the dry patches and as much as I love my bb cream this is going to have to sit on the shelf for while until my dry skin has cleared up.

on 1/17/2011 1:46:00 AM

I am using MUFE HD foundation (shade 120) but I'm sort of looking for a better foundation/coverage for everyday wear.. I was looking for a natural/dewy look... so did some research and ended up ordering the missha bb cream.

I just received this BB Cream in the mail. My skintone ranges from light side of NC25-N27ish, and ordered both No.21 (bright beige / slightly pink undertones) and No.23 (natural beige / yellow undertones). I used both, and they seem to work well with my now lighter NC25 skintone. No.23 side seems to oxidize slightly darker, but you can only notice it if you look really closely. No21 is slightly lighter by my skintone, but later blends well (or is unnoticeable) into my skin when I applied my contour + blush.

At first, the BBcream #23 seems to have a grayish / slightly mint-ish tone to it, but within a couple minutes of applying to my face, it blended perfectly to my skin without the strange tone.

This BBcream finishes quite dewy and natural. It looks like you just put moisturizer on your face in the mornings; but it actually covered some of my acne scars and spots, and slightly covered my dark circles. I still have to put a tiny bit of concealer, which is fine. My large pores vanished slightly, unless you are literally a couple inches from my face, you will see them. =)

I also have the most sensitive skin, and this did not irritate me at all. I am now wearing this for 7+ hours.

The perfect thing about this bbcream is that it is SPF42!! Granted, you still have to apply moisturizer or primer with SPF, but this is a huge plus for me. This would really protect me come summertime.

BTW, this BBcream has a scent. It reminds me of how sunscreen lotions smell like, not so baby-powdery as most reviewers say.. or maybe it's just me. lol

Overall, I am loving this BBcream. And it is inexpensive too! Only $10-15 online, + shipping. I will purchase again.

on 1/15/2011 9:06:00 PM

this is my first BB cream that i tried.. i started using this when i recovering from a nasty breakout. at first i thought the coverage is good like most people said, until i looked at the mirror under bright light, none of my pimples nor my scars are covered.. to make it worse i always get new pimples the next day.. i cleaned up with Kose Seikisho Cleansing oil followed by another cleanser, so the pimples were not caused by me not cleansing well enough.. the only reason i gave it 2 lippie is because when i used this during my trip to New Orleans on the summer, my face didn't get sunburned at all.. though i'm not sure about the sun protection ingredients. btw i gave some of it as a sample to my friend to tried and she said it caused her pimples too.. and also my niece who tried it got pimples all over her face.. regret giving them :(

on 1/13/2011 3:56:00 AM

Let's start with some background info on my skin:
- combo skin (oily t-zone)
- nc20-25 asian skin
- not acne prone or sensitive

I have tried numerous BB creams in the past and out of all of them, Missha Perfect Cover offers the best coverage and lasting power. I have it in No.23, a light-medium beige shade that has grey undertones. It sounds like a strange color, but it actually matches my skin pretty well once it is blended in. The packaging notes that this product contains SPF 42 and PA+++ (anti-tanning) properties, which is much higher than most American tinted moisturizers that are stuck in the SPF 15 range. Missha also claims that their BB cream has anti-aging and whitening effects. I cannot really judge the "anti-aging" aspect since I am only 19. And I did not notice that my complexion has gotten any lighter since using this product. Since I did not buy this product for these wild claims, I don't really care if it works or not. I basically use this as a tinted moisturizer on days that I don't have time for a full face of foundation, which is pretty often since I nearly always oversleep for school. On days like that, I just apply some moisturizer, this BB cream, liner, mascara and I'm out the door! The coverage is pretty decent for anyone with reasonably clear skin, it does cover redness and minor acne scars, but you will have to conceal newer/darker blemishes. I would say this is medium coverage at best. This does NOT last all day, but it stays in place for the 4-5 hours that I am in class, which is good enough for me. The finish is very natural and glowy, it looks like skin! Dryer skin types can skip powdering, but those with oilier skin should probably do a light dusting. There is a mild floral scent, but it doesn't bother me at all, reminds me of laundry or oldschool makeup. The packaging is also very convenient to take on trips since it is a squeeze tube + pump + cap combo, it is virtually indestructable and won't make a mess in your makeup bag. I usually get these from my relatives in Asia, and it is wicked cheap over there, so the price is not a problem. For those who don't have access to the Asian markets, not to worry, the prices on eBay are quite reasonable (around $20). If you have doubts, you can even find sample sizes online before investing in the full size (50mL).