September 30, 2014 | 2129 users online

BB Cream - MISSHA - M Perfect Cover BB Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2010 7:55:00 AM More reviews by missyjan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ok just bought this and used it for the first time. It may be too soon but I really want to write about it because I really like it! I got this in #21 since I have rather fair skin (not sure which one in MAC it would be, maybe NC20?).

First off, It looks really natural on my skin. I didn't use a lot, just built it up bit by bit, as I didn't want to cake it on. It was a bit thick, and I saw people complaining about that. However I do find anything with SPF in it to be thicker (including moisturisers), so it doesn't bother me. Perhaps mixing a little bit of moisturiser might help spreading it?

Anyway it had a grey tone on application, which was admittedly a bit worrying (but I heard about this already before buying). But soon it disappeared into the colour of my own skin and everything just looked nice and even. Coverage is medium, which is great for me because I don't need heavy coverage. It was good enough for covering my blackheads, a bit of blemish, uneven skin tone and somewhat, the dark eye bags (this needs further evaluation lol). Not sure how well it will be at covering scars and serious acnes though...

I used this alone (i.e. no foundation, no powder), I think it works well enough by itself. I do still use moisturiser though, I think of the BB cream as more of a semi-moisturising-foundation rather than either lol...

Anyway I recommend this for anyone looking to get a natural look!

Will update again once I've used this a few times

*EDIT* Been a few days and still loving it! After skincare routine, just BB cream, eyeliner and mascara and off I go! Quick and perfect results :)

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2010 11:49:00 PM More reviews by s2dreamer

Extremely underwhelmed by this overhyped product. I got this in no. 21 and the colour is way too light for me, I have to mix it with some bronzer to make it suit my NC25 skintone. I love a natural or even medium coverage and usually use mineral foundation or tinted moisturiser, but this BB Cream was way too thick and applied like a mask, no matter how little or how much I put on. It's not a dewy coverage, it leaves my combination skin an oil slick that is incredibly noticeable. My skin is also worse for wear before using this product because I feel like it covers my pores and it's now patchy and dry in some areas (although that could be due to the cold weather).

Oh yeah, and it also broke me out.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2010 5:52:00 PM More reviews by judithwong

amazing!!!!!!!!! cheap and works very well. glides on perfectly and I just use my fingers. it's way better than anything i've bought in north america even though they're 2x, 3x, the price. I use it almost every day. Because oriental asian cultures value brightness and light skin, this product will make your skin appear lighter. Just be aware of that. I also use Missha BB boomer underneath the BB cream and it's suppose to make the foundation more resilient to sweat. the BB boomer will definitely make your skin even more bright/light.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2010 5:22:00 AM More reviews by kit_e_kat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I recently bought this in asia after reading all the reviews on makeupalley. I must say I am very pleased with this purchase! I bought shade 21 and it's a lovely match for my nc20-25 skin. You only need a teeny weeny bit to cover the whole face, and the formula is perfect; easily blendable, but doesn't slip or slide too much as it's not greasy. Doesn't feel tacky on the skin and I lightly dust with Shu Uemura loose powder to set. I don't find it ashy or greying like other reviews, it blends in beautifully and looks radiant! It lasts the whole day, I'm talking at least 11-12 hours, I know this cos when I used a wipe to take my makeup off there was tonnes on the wipe! It makes my face look flawless but natural, any redness or slight imperfections are covered. I've only worn this a few times and everytime I've had compliments that my skin is lovely! Even though it says it's spf42 I don't think I use enough to get that protection so I still use sunscreen underneath it. Definitely HG, I don't know about the other claims about the whitening effects etc but just for the way it looks alone it's definitely a keeper.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2010 6:25:00 PM More reviews by dietcokecan

Perfect if you don't have acne-prone skin.

This is a wonder product -- it has a beautiful dewy finish and great buildability. I applied it with a sponge and stippled it on my face -- lightly to mimic a tinted moisturizer and more heavily around the eyes. It provided very nice coverage for my dark circles and replaced the need for a concealer.

The product comes in a pump that is very hygienic an only dispenses a small bit at a time. It is heavily scented. Shade 21 was a perfect match for my NW20/C2 skin.

I thought this product was my HG until I realized it was causing clogged pores and pimples. Unfortunately, I had to stop using it because of the break outs. It's a lovely product and I wish I didn't have acne-prone skin so I could keep using it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2010 12:54:00 AM More reviews by TehBeez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Thought I'd throw my two cents in, as I haven't seen any mention of Missha in shade no. 13/Milky Beige.

Pros-

Inexpensive. Paid $20 (w/free shipping) for 50ml pump-tube on ebay.
Good shade match for Casper-like skin tones.
Doesn't go orange or grey on me.
Dewy finish.
Covers redness without masking my freckles.
Doesn't settle into fine lines or pores, especially when used after Missha's BB Boomer (Primer).

Cons-

Have to purchase online: no popping down to the store when you run out.
Doesn't cover freckles. Some folks actually want to cover them!
You will require a concealer, if dark bags or monster-sized spots are present.
I agree with others that this bb cream has a scent. Very light, baby powdery smell. Didn't bother me, but fair warning to those who can't stand scented products.

All things considered, a good product. Nice, light/medium coverage. Very natural looking. Will definitely be repurchasing this.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2010 12:22:00 AM More reviews by chitammy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I want to love this bb cream but it made my face ichy and sensative. If you have sensative skin, you will likely break out. If you are unsure of what bb cream to buy or new to bb cream, i suggest you pick skin79 or other bb creams than missha. Missha is arlight, i am not against it from having mineral oil. If you really want to get this make sure you use cleaning oil plus cleanser to remove the bb cream, so you will have less breakout. I used olive oil and i helps, or double cleansing. On the other hand, the coverage is good and so is the color. I got num 21. n i got it on ebay. I heard that some formulation doesn't have mineral oil which is weird. did they change the formula?

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2010 2:26:00 AM More reviews by sadiered

I purchased this on Yes Style, after all the hype about BB creams, and after researching on almost every brand I could find on the internet, I decided to go with the Missha M Perfect Cover.

Packaging-wise, it's one of my favourites out of all the BB creams out there. I think the gold pump is especially luxurious and I love how the red tube feels solid and of good quality when I hold it in my palm. That said, sometimes the pressing mechanism malfunctions in that when I try to pump more product out, nothing comes out. I'd then, have to shake the bottle in a vigorous way in order for the cream to flow through, and this results in me getting more product than what I require :(

I picked shade 21 as my skin's pretty fair, and surprisingly, it's a good match. Not too keen on the fragrance, I prefer fragrance-free products as it really dries me out. And this product I'd have to admit, can accentuate your dry flakey spots, particularly if you live in a dry area like I do. I would DEFINITELY recommend (for dry or combination skin) heaping on the moisturizer before applying this BB cream.

Personally, I don't find it cakey like some others have mentioned. It does relatively well for coverage, small scars, pimples, under-eye, etc, but definitely not anymore than that. You could try using more product but then it might become cakey like all products do if you over-apply.

It isn't oily which is why I recommend this to people with oily/combi skin. And it stays on pretty well for the whole day actually!

Overall, I'd buy this product again. The only major downside is how it isn't moisturizing for my dry skin in winter but other than that, it covers well and most importantly, looks natural.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2010 6:57:00 PM More reviews by azraelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Bought this on ebay as got really interessted in BB creams after reading about them and I gave it a try with the nr. 21 without really expecting to find the perfect colourmatch... but this works so great for me ^_^ The colour is like only a tiny tiny tiny bit to dark, so it doesnt bother me at all, as I can blend it very good so its not visible.

If offers a good coverage, didnt cause irritations on me, looks natural and lasts very long. I also like the floral fragrance, though I prefer the non-fragranced creams, but as its not yucky, I can live with it very well :) I also like the hygienic package aka the pump. And most of all: Im so happy with the high SPF (SPF 42 PA +++) because I have very fair skin and get a sunburn very fast.

Its a pity that they dont offer a wider colour range for the tanned girls but Im so happy they do offer stuff for pale girls =) And yes, as soon as I run out of this, Im definitely going to repurchase this and try out some other products from Missha and Korean brands in generally.

EDIT: I purchased the #13 shade as Ive seen they have this too and its lighter than the #21. This nuance is perfection for me. So to all of you "pale like a ghost"-ladies: if the #21 turns out to be too dark - try #13. <3

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2010 1:53:00 AM More reviews by chezz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

After recommended by a korean friend, I decided to give it a try. It is a bit thicker than most tinted moisturizer, and also they have limited shades. Thinking that No.21 will suit me since I am a NC20, but when applied on whole face, I looked pale. So, I decided to purchase No.23 but it looked darker and greyish on my face.Can see the difference compared to my neckline. Also, I noticed that it makes my cheeks itchy, and caused my chin and forehead breakouts...maybe the texture is too rich for my skin. But I decided to give it another try. This time, I apply No.23 on my nose only. Yup! Yes, on my nose, as I have bigger pores, blackheads and leftover pimples scars from puberty time, and I noticed that this darker shade is able to cover all these problems. Also only this area doesn't have any allergy reaction. HAA! Not that it is magic, but at least it makes my nose more presentable -looking. With loose powder MAC NC15 on top, it looks nearly flawless and it doesn't look dark surprisingly. Maybe the fact that I use a lighter shade of loose powder over it, it doesn't look dark and appear out of place. Before when I first used the product, I didn't go with any loose powder. For the rest of the face, I still use my Clinique Superfit foundation. I had tried the No.21 on my nose too, as it is a lighter shade, some of the deep scars still show through. Now I use this NO.21 in winter only when my skin is even fairer. Otherwise, I should say, I will finish the product and look for a better one. For those who has sensitive or combination/oily skin, try it first before buying as it might cause rash or breakouts.