MISSHA M Perfect Cover BB Cream

3.8

on 10/31/2010 3:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

When I first bought this bb cream, I really hated it. No matter how I applied it, it broke me out. I was so disappointed since many youtubers love it. However, one day I was researching on the best way to apply this bb cream, and someone wrote a blog saying a japanese makeup artist says the best way to apply this is with your fingers and I read somewhere else that you should apply the littlest amount. I used to apply as much of this as any other foundation, but recently I've tried this again with a new way of application, and I have to say that Im loving this! Basically, I pump out a 1 1/2 pea size amount and dot it all over my face and blend it really well with my fingers. It gives a very natural finish. The coverage on this is basically sheer since you cant apply to much so you would have to use a concealer on trouble areas, but it really evens out the skin tone is basically what a foundation should do since foundations are made to even out the skin tone while concealers are made to cover imperfections. Overall, I really like this bb cream now, and although its a little pricey, I think its worth it. But I would recommended going to their website missha.net to buy the sampler pack first where it has the bb cream, boomer, lipgloss, etc so you can be sure you'll like it before you buy the full size which is like 30 bucks, and the sampler is like .. 20? at least, when I bought it, it was 20 bucks :)

EDIT: it breaks me out and the color is still a bit grayish on me :/

on 10/26/2010 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This was my first BB cream and I'm in love with this BB cream. I have tried other BB creams (it's skin's BB) and went back to Missha. I have pretty dark skin (naturally and also tan very easily) for an Asian and other BB creams are too white for me, even when it's the company's darkest color. This one spreads easily and covers everything perfectly. I used to just where this as a foundation because it covered so well. Now I use foundation on top just to match my skin color more and every time my parents to go Korea, I have them buy several so I can never run out!

on 10/26/2010 2:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

heard lots of great things about this product....was immensely dissappointed....i kept hearing about how it gave a good coverage, but it did not cover my flaws as well as i had expected!even my nivea tinted moisturiser has a better coverage than this! otherwise, i really do like its packaging...

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I used bb creams for about 6 months. During this period, I tried about 7 different kinds. Out of all those, this was my favorite because of its coverage, color, smell, and texture. However, I have stopped using it because over the summer, it has absolutely no staying power whatsoever. My t-zone gets EXTREMELY oily in the warmer months, and this was overly moisturizing, causing my entire face to become an oil slick. Then, the BB cream would proceed to melt off of my face. However, I'll revisit the product in the winter months when my skin is fairly dry.

Coverage-wise, I was very impressed. It really is buildable. I have tons of red marks, and this product doubled as a concealer - I just had to add a few extra layers where I needed it and those marks would disappear. However, this product has very little staying power, so after a few hours, all those red marks were visible yet again. This product probably won't be so bad for those without acne or hyperpigmentation, since it really does even out your skintone. And I love that it has spf.

I haven't given up on this product yet, but while I'm still dealing with skin problems, I'm going to have to find something that has better staying power. I'm going to return to liquid foundations for now.

on 10/11/2010 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Everywhere I go I always see, hear or read about this BB Cream, and it never really interest much, since my last experience with BB Cream was a total waste of time/money.
I eventually caved in and I purchased a 20mL tube of this, and I'm in love with it, I tried this the same week as I tried my Laneige foundation (which is also a product I am loving right now), and I'm beginning to change my views on Asian makeup products, especially Korean and Japanese brands.
The scent is really nice, its texture isn't as thick as my last BB Cream, doesn't feel heavy as well, has fantastic coverage and highly durable.
The colour match on me is perfect, and the finish is flawless, and healthy. this doesn't cake or become flakey or dry, I always use a powder to set it.
It claims to have SPF42 which I've never seen before in my life in any foundation or BB Cream, and for some reason I dont trust or believe that it has that sort of sun protect, I always wear a moisturizer with sunblock underneath this, and most certainly would not walk out the house with this on and no sunblock. But then again that is just my personal opinion, the product itself is fantastic.
This cost about $30AUD for the full size tube a bit expensive, but I think its worth it compare to MAC being similar price and is completely garbage. For those who are resisting to buy this, just get it, it will actually suprise you that the raves are very true.

on 10/8/2010 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have very oily, acne-prone skin and this product did not help at all. Not only does it turn me into an oil slick but also oxidised throughout the day and slid off my face.

As a Blemish Balm, you may expect that it would lighten scars/improve skin tone. This did not really happen. In fact, I found that it enlarged my pores (probably because of the oil slick it created on my face).

I am giving it a 2 as it does have excellent coverage. Better for those with normal skin and no acne/skin issues.

on 10/8/2010 2:48:00 AM

I broke out and had rashes all over my face. It was pretty bad and I just had it on for 2 hours. I guess I have a really sensitive skin or this thing has some ingredients that irritated my skin.

I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone. If you live in the US and want a good product, there are soooo many good ones out there. I'm not saying that this product is bad, but I don't think it does what it claims on the box.

on 9/29/2010 12:08:00 PM

I have NC25 skin with yellow undertone. My skin is dry/combination, but very dehydrated. I started to compare all different foundations/tinted moisturizer recently. Without comparing with other products, I can not have a good and objective review.

What does Missha claim?
Description:

Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream offers a novel skincare concept with BB cream, which lightens skin tone by healing visible wrinkles and blemishes with excellent skin-cover ability, and prevents skin aging through effective whitening and anti-wrinkle properties.

Review:

Ingrediants contain lots of antioxidants elements, it is definitely thicker than most liquid foundations I know. Coverage is better than some other BB cream and easier to spread. It has an oil-free base, which is great for those with oily/combination skin. The oilies on my nose didn’t show even after a couple of hours. I am not recommend this to dry/combination people, because it does make my cheek feeling very dry.

on 9/28/2010 4:45:00 PM

Pros:
-evens out skin
-Easy to blend
-Gives whitening effect
-Not cakey
-Creamy
-good for light-medium skin tones

CONS:
-smell strange
-doesn't last long
-Won't recommend on dark skin.
-might break you out
-poor color selection

If you are darker than NC 35, dont bother buying this and it broke me out and normally i don't break out easily. SO BEWARE!

on 9/19/2010 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Great coverage for a BB cream, the colour I got was #23 which was slightly darker than my skin and I had bad acne for a while (super sensitive oily skin) so I covered it up with this BB cream and it looked flawless but it broke me out like no tomorrow :( I stopped using it on my face and my skin improved so now I only use this on my T-zone if I ever need it. Not repurchasing as the ingredients irritate my skin =.=

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Bash it or Buy it?!! Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream - demo and review by Denim Vixen

Top Rated MISSHA Products