July 22, 2014 | 1300 users online

Highlighters - BeneFit Cosmetics - High Beam

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2009 7:44:00 PM More reviews by pocky

There are many excellent reviews for High Beam. I really have nothing more to add, only that I'm taking off lippies for price and packaging. I can't, for the life of me, understand why Benefit is so expensive. High Beam is not even a full half ounce and yet is so expensive. I just can't get over that. I'm also not crazy about the applicator brush, as other reviewers have mentioned. However, since dotting highlighter onto the face is really the best application technique, I snipped off the brush and use a clean eyeliner brush to apply every time. That should cut down on contamination, which will hopefully save my skin. I haven't experienced any breakouts with High Beam.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2009 1:03:00 PM More reviews by hollyannie2001

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been a devoted HB user for upwards of 10 years now (having bought probably only 2 bottles in that time -- a bottle lasts FOREVER). I must disagree with the users who feel this is not good for fair skin. On the contrary, I feel this works perfectly on my very light skin. I am careful with the shimmers and highlighters I apply, as anything too dark is liable to appear dirty or muddy on me. HB is the perfect natural fair glow that simply makes my skin look like it is glowing from within. I don't use it every day (another reason the bottles last me a long time) but I tend to use it (a) as part of my evening/going out routine or (b) on days when I feel my skin is looking a little dull, tired or flat.

Here is how I typically apply it:

1. Get one tiny drop (about the size of the round head of a pin) on my finger tip. This is almost enough for a full application.
2. Out of this drop, touch three small dots onto the tops of each cheekbone.
3. Out of the same drop, touch one tiny dot directly onto the arch of each brow. (The highest point of the arch, below the lowest row of hairs.)
4. (Occasionally I need to just touch the tip of the brush to get enough highlighter for this final step) Touch one small dot on each temple.
5. Blend the dots across the top of each cheekbone, then, using the same fingers I blended with, blend upward toward the temple in a "C" shape (outside the outer corner of the eye) on each side until I reach the dot on each temple. Blend the temple dots down along the same "C" shape I just traced on the way up from the cheekbones.

That's it! It takes about 45 seconds and my skin instantly has a natural glow.

Based on a tip from a magazine, I am currently experimenting with a new application where I use a tiny drop of HB on my undereye circles before applying concealer (Lancome Effacernes in Clair). According to the MU artist quoted in the magazine, this brings light to the undereye area and causes the shadows to recede further than concealer alone can make them do. I've only done this two or three times so far. Overall I am OK with it but I don't have significant undereye circles so I am not sure how this would work for someone who had very deep/dark ones.

16 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2009 10:08:00 AM More reviews by CocoMinx

I love this highlighter! it blends so well into your own makeup that it looks like your face is naturally luminous!! Can't get much better than that, can you? I only use this in a diagonal sweep across each cheek in an attempt to capture the 'high cheek bone' look for myself.

It is fabulous, and a total must-have in my make up bag. I just wish they would stop putting talc in their products...not everyone reacts well to it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2009 2:37:00 PM More reviews by almost40

RIS BN and its lovely.It looks very pretty and natural on my fair skin and Im so pleased I've finally got to try this.I said I wouldnt buy again because I didnt buy it in the first place and I also think it'll last ages.It is expensive for the amount you get tho and they're are some great dupes out there (mememe)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2009 10:15:00 PM More reviews by CheshireCat415

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this product! I have pale skin, so it doesn't work extremely well on my cheekbones, but it works perfectly to highlight the arch of the eyebrow. I also dab this under my eyes to brighten them if I haven't had a good night's sleep. The light reflects off the shimmer and makes me look wide awake!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2009 1:44:00 PM More reviews by April316

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really like this product. At first I was skeptical since they labeled it "Super Model in A Bottle" but I have found that it adds a really nice glow to my cheeks. It's a good highlighter - it was easy for me to apply and it blended easily for me. I used this product on my wedding day and it gave my cheeks a nice glow without looking to made over.
Made my cheekbones look beautiful. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone who wants to add a little glow.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/24/2009 12:40:00 AM More reviews by nortybunny

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff didn't work for my sensitive skin. It gave me some kind of rash. :(

I am not happy!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2009 4:09:00 AM More reviews by bvbvvbvvv

i like high beam very much, it is a great highlighters. and people all know how to use it. Just the quality of the container is not good. i mean the top and the bottle wont seal anymore after a while, the result is the liquid will dry sooner than normal, and i purchase this in Sephora, i have no idea why.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2009 7:51:00 PM More reviews by juujuuandtangguo

I have to say for the first month, I really did like this product. Actually, I think I was obsessed with it. I would always use this everyday. After a while though, I stopped using it (I'm not even sure why....maybe I got lazy :P) It got a bit TOO shimmery for me and for my combination skin, it enhanced the oily areas. With this on and the summer days and heat outside, it is a horrible combination. I would recommend people to use/buy this product during fall/winter months. I would definitely use it then. One thing I have to mention is that I had this for almost three months and the texture changed. I'm not sure if it's overdue or something because that is pretty fast to be overdue. :S

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2009 8:37:00 PM More reviews by alllysaurus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Believe the reviews, because this product is AMAZING. The only con is that it breaks me out, but only in my T-zone. So I can get away with putting it on my cheekbones, which is normally the only place I like to highlight anyways (if I try to highlight my T-zone I look like an oily disco ball). I love that it's a liquid! Soooo much easier to blend, it basically melts effortlessly into my skin! It's the perfect sheen, not obviously glittery like some of the MAC msfs. I got a sample from Sephora ages ago and I'm almost out, but I use it everyday and I can't believe it's lasted me this long! I just ordered a full-size from Bloomies but I'm pretty sure this sample tube can last me another month. The price is kinda steep but seriously, this huge nail polish bottle will last FOREVER!