July 30, 2014 | 1156 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2010 4:14:00 PM More reviews by twostar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this powder, generally speaking but I feel like the packaging is kind of awkward.

The powder itself is decent for a drugstore brand - takes the shine off and doesn't add any cakeyness to your face.

The puff that came with it fell apart quite quickly though - way before the powder was even remotely close to running out.

It's a bad idea to put the mirror under the puff too - it gets all cloudy from powder and is not that useful.

Overall I think the powder itself is pretty good; just the packaging that really needs to improve.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2010 3:07:00 AM More reviews by tiffhua

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The best powder ever invented! I have suuper oily skin and this stuff makes me look so matte and air brushed looking! I always get compliments on how nice my skin looks. I use it either with a sponge like the one it comes with or with a brush. Either way works perfectly fine. I cannot rave enough about this product! It's like a miracle powder!

The only con to this, the packaging sucks. I think maybelline was trying to be all crazy and creative with the swirling mirror, but NO. Please don't do it again. It's really retarded and useless.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2010 11:29:00 PM More reviews by Heechul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I repurchased this in a darker shade ever since the sumnmer, and now it's my pick-me-up.
I got so used to the light coverage with just concealer, I cannot go back to liquid or powder foundation!
Besides, even though my skin hiccups once in awhile, I just use concealer and this powder all over and it photographs without giving me that white cast.

I still dislike the packaging, but what can you do about that. I try to deal with it.
I hit pan on my beige shade, and for winter, I will just go back to using sand. :)

I still think there are minute minute minute shimmers in here, but you can't really see them at all.

Original post:
I have a 'maybe' on repurchasing this product.
It's a powder that doesn't leave much color on your face, imo.
I bought this on a whim as it was $4.99 on sale (Canadian), and just picked it up since I wasn't really wanting to repurchase MSFN.

My skin has been sensitive as of late.
Liquid foundations just break me out, make me dry and patchy, and clogged pores everywhere.

This powder doesn't do much, as in:
Reaction
Colour
Mattifying.

But I do use it just so that it feels like there's something on my face. (I have to wear MU for work).

It also sets everything else I own (Such as TM, bb cream).

But I hate the packaging, I don't think I've ever rated anything as a "1" for packaging ever before!

But there is nothing good about this packaging, where you have to swing out the mirror, WHILE the compact is already open, so its this huge huge package.

I don't use the puff, but rather a brush, btw.

P.S. What's with all the shimmers in this product?

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2010 10:15:00 AM More reviews by boogiepimp

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Acne, acne, acne!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2010 6:08:00 PM More reviews by oxnicoleox3

This is a good setting powder and it makes my skin feel very soft and light. However, I feel as though it makes my skin look very powdery after I apply it. So, to fix this I just dab on a little bit of moistrizer and it works as a tinted moistrizer with a dewy finish. This is also good as a blotting powder to absorb oil throughout the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2010 5:47:00 PM More reviews by BwayBaby2501

I really love this powder. It works great for my very fair acne prone skin. I use this on top of a tinted moisturizer and its perfect. I find it pretty pricey...here in canada, I paid $15, but I won't complain considering other powders are way more expensive. This doesn't make me look cakey at all and doesn't clog my pores. It lasts all day and surprisingly, even after I sweat after a really hot day! Like others have mentioned, the packaging sucks. It feels so cheap. The puff it comes with is embarassing. I use my mac 130 brush and I find it blends the moisturizer with the powder really well. Will definitely re-purchase (although this will last me a very long time!)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2010 5:16:00 PM More reviews by Chocolatedippedstrawberri

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a really nice powder and I will repurchase. It's great at setting my makeup and I notice when I use this my skin doesn't get shiny like it normally does. Before, I would have to blot my skin every hour...now I can go about 3 hours without blotting and even then I look dewy, not like a greaseball! It's also cheap which is a plus.

My only complaint is that the packaging SUCKS!! The puff that comes with it is a joke- it's weird and furry like and makes my application look weird. I like the Essence of Beauty puffs that they sell at CVS in a 3 pack, but it won't fit in this compact (and it's fit in every other powder compact I've used), so I have to carry around this powder and a separate compact for the puff. Really annoying, but for now I'll repurchase because I like the powder and it's cheap.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2010 9:20:00 PM More reviews by devabrooks

This was a good powder because it matched my very pale skin well, didnt turn orange or clog my pores, didn't cost much and was widely available. the one con about this is that it seemed to settle under my eyes a bit, making it look like i had lines under my eyes. Overall this stayed matte all day and i didn't get oily so i will repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2010 2:21:00 PM More reviews by hanhnee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I decided to try this b/c it was on sale for half price. I bought the darkest shade, Honey, for my summer tanned skin (NC40, maybe even 45 now). First I tried it over my MUFE HD liquid foundation to set it. At first it looked powdery, but after a few minutes, it warmed into my skin and created a soft matte finish that wasn't powdery looking at all. It stayed matte for most of the day, so overall a great buy for the price! I don't mind the swivel container, just keep your puff faced UP so it doesn't dirty up the mirror. I replaced the powder puff it came with (which isn't bad) with a MAC select sheer powder puff (which is too big but squeezed it in anyways). The coverage is medium. The next day I tried the powder on its own. Its not enough to cover blemishes or under eye circles so you still have to use concealer, but the medium coverage evens out skin tone and gives a pretty even finish to your complexion! I went back the next day and bought 4 more compacts while it was still on sale!! 2 in Beige for the winter, 2 in Honey for the summer :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2010 2:20:00 PM More reviews by UrbanxGoddess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have several shades in this and have repurchased twice already. I have VERY oily skin and this seems to really keep it under control without getting all cakey. I always have one of these in my bag for mid day touch ups. For the price I have not found any pressed powders I like better, Until the next best thing comes along this one will be in my stash. It is definitely worth a try.