Maybelline Dream Matte Pressed Powder [DISCONTINUED]

Maybelline Dream Matte Pressed Powder   [DISCONTINUED]
image 1image 2image 3image 4

4.1

Ingredients: Talc, Nylon-12, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Magnesium Stearate, Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Cetyl Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Methylparaben, Triisocetyl Citrate, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, (+/- May contain: Mica, CI 77499, CI 77491, CI 77492 / Iron Oxides, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide).

on 7/23/2010 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

What a good powder! Doesn't cause trouble on my skin, mattifies&stays on during hot, humid summer, blurs those few fine lines and evens out my skin tone.
Throughout the year I can use Cream/Sand/Biege. Considering the price and quality of this product, I easily forgive pointless packaging&shoddy sponge.

on 7/23/2010 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Pros:
-Controls oil very well
-Natural looking/does not look cakey
-Long lasting (less need for touch-ups)
-Cheap
-Convenient compact packaging

Cons:
-Very minimal coverage. I like my setting powders to have some coverage.

I would repurchase this product for touch-up purposes. Recommended for combination/oily gals!

on 7/23/2010 2:48:00 PM

I absolutely love this powder! i used to use the mac MSFN but once i ran out i decided i wanted to find a cheaper alternative. This powder is BETTER than the MSFN. It controls oil waaaay better and it goes on silky smooth. it's superrr finely milled. They only have 4 shades but the powder is almost translucent so you don't have to have a perfect match, just find a color that's in your range. i bought the shade Sand, in Mac i'm an NC15 and in the MSFN i use light medium. I actually don't mind the packaging very much because at least they give you a mirror and a puff! Some drugstore powders don't. Anyway i LOVE this powder and i will definitely be repurchasing.

on 7/23/2010 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I might be in the minority because I do not like this product as much as I thought I would. The powder itself is very smooth and feels great on the skin. Also, for touch-ups it did not ever feel cakey. The compact is a bit awkward to use because it swivels out from the bottom and it has the powder puff on top of the mirror. I found that the puff is poor quality and fell apart pretty quickly. A powder brush works infinitely better. I think I got the wrong shade because it was way too light for my skin and the next shade is way too dark; so I would've liked more of a variety in the shade selection. This powder also did nothing for my oily skin. I would get oily after 2-3 hours. But I think this will be a wonderful powder with anyone with dry to normal skin and probably combination skin. This just didn't work for me.

on 7/23/2010 5:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got the colour in sand / medium. & it matches my skin colour PERFECTLY!!

I love the swirling thingy.. Hmm maybe it cause I'm 13 and just a little immature but it's fun! LOL & for the brush tat comes with it, just flip it over so the mirror doesn't get all fogged up from the powder or just get rid of the brush and use a real one!

on 7/22/2010 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

i have hit pan on my second container! woo hoo! i love this stuff. i have SUPER FLAKING DRY SKIN, and this does not show it! which is AMAZING for me. no mattter how much i layer on my face, it never cakes! (:

on 7/20/2010 4:14:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I like this powder, generally speaking but I feel like the packaging is kind of awkward.

The powder itself is decent for a drugstore brand - takes the shine off and doesn't add any cakeyness to your face.

The puff that came with it fell apart quite quickly though - way before the powder was even remotely close to running out.

It's a bad idea to put the mirror under the puff too - it gets all cloudy from powder and is not that useful.

Overall I think the powder itself is pretty good; just the packaging that really needs to improve.

on 7/19/2010 3:07:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

The best powder ever invented! I have suuper oily skin and this stuff makes me look so matte and air brushed looking! I always get compliments on how nice my skin looks. I use it either with a sponge like the one it comes with or with a brush. Either way works perfectly fine. I cannot rave enough about this product! It's like a miracle powder!

The only con to this, the packaging sucks. I think maybelline was trying to be all crazy and creative with the swirling mirror, but NO. Please don't do it again. It's really retarded and useless.

on 7/18/2010 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I repurchased this in a darker shade ever since the sumnmer, and now it's my pick-me-up.
I got so used to the light coverage with just concealer, I cannot go back to liquid or powder foundation!
Besides, even though my skin hiccups once in awhile, I just use concealer and this powder all over and it photographs without giving me that white cast.

I still dislike the packaging, but what can you do about that. I try to deal with it.
I hit pan on my beige shade, and for winter, I will just go back to using sand. :)

I still think there are minute minute minute shimmers in here, but you can't really see them at all.

Original post:
I have a 'maybe' on repurchasing this product.
It's a powder that doesn't leave much color on your face, imo.
I bought this on a whim as it was $4.99 on sale (Canadian), and just picked it up since I wasn't really wanting to repurchase MSFN.

My skin has been sensitive as of late.
Liquid foundations just break me out, make me dry and patchy, and clogged pores everywhere.

This powder doesn't do much, as in:
Reaction
Colour
Mattifying.

But I do use it just so that it feels like there's something on my face. (I have to wear MU for work).

It also sets everything else I own (Such as TM, bb cream).

But I hate the packaging, I don't think I've ever rated anything as a "1" for packaging ever before!

But there is nothing good about this packaging, where you have to swing out the mirror, WHILE the compact is already open, so its this huge huge package.

I don't use the puff, but rather a brush, btw.

P.S. What's with all the shimmers in this product?

on 7/18/2010 10:15:00 AM