August 23, 2014 | 1759 users online

Eyeliner - Urban Decay - 24-7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Zero

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2010 7:10:00 PM More reviews by disorderly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I am on my third 24/7 pencil in Zero right now. It has truly amazing staying power; once you apply it, you don't have to worry about it again for the rest of the day. You can go swimming and been in pouring rain with this stuff on, and it stays just fine. It's also VERY soft, and while this means it applies smoothly easily, it does make the pencil run out pretty fast, since you need to sharpen it a lot. Regardless of the softness though, it doesn't smudge with wear. Awesome product, and well worth the money!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2010 9:10:00 PM More reviews by Kmakie3414

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

It's soooo smooth there is absolutely no tugging on your eye at all. This is probably my favorite black liner of all time! Also I think it stays on for such a long time it's crazy. Basically the name 24/7 glide on eye pencil just says it all. I will Definitely buy this again I love urban decay anything :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2010 1:25:00 PM More reviews by keithy

I like this pencil a lot-there is no tugging while applying it, lasts, and it's the only pencil to ever stay on my waterline after I've applied it. On the other hand, it has some serious drawbacks-because it's so soft, it needs to be sharpened constantly, and as a result I finish it a lot faster than my other eye pencils. However, overall it is an excellent,rich,lasting black pencil.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2010 11:13:00 PM More reviews by killahshortiee89

I bought this product because I heard so many raves about it. It is very creamy and pigmented but it does smudge if you don't set it with powder. It also stays on for a very long time. I came home late from the club one night and accidentally went straight to bed w/o removing my makeup (i know-gross) and the next morning my eyeliner was still perfect. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2010 6:24:00 PM More reviews by shedevil113

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is THE black eyeliner, hands down. I've tried them all, and this by far is the most vibrant, long-lasting and cost-efficient. Swipe it on in the morning, and I dont think about it until I wipe it off before bed. At $17 it's a touch pricey, but one pencil has lasted me nearly a year, and that's w/ daily use.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2010 7:42:00 PM More reviews by sallylinuslucy

I don't know why the rating on here isn't that high-- this is my HG eyeliner. I've tried about a thousand eyeliners, and this is the only one that lasts all day and beyond. It's true that I run the pencil a few times instead of just once, but it's just ten seconds and then all day I never have to reapply. This really is the best I've tried, and I've been using it for over a year now. Plus, it's super dark, which is what I want. Other liners are grey compared to it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2010 8:56:00 AM More reviews by kdimp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i really like this. i thought this product wasnt going to be as good as everyone was saying but i was pleasantly surprised. its very creamy but not so much where its unbearable to work with. its very black, and it actually does what it says, it stays on all day. its the first pencil liner i have ever used that doesnt need to be touched up. amazing. i hate the pricetag on this, but nevertheless i will still repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2010 4:32:00 PM More reviews by Staleygrl402

I love this pencil!! There's alot of pencil here which is good considering it's $17. It's a "soft" product when you apply it, you can either just let it set after applying or smudge slightly which is how I use it. Once you put it on, it doesn't move. The only pencil thus far I have used that truly doesn't run in the outer corner of my eyes after a couple of hours. Good quality & I will purchase again. I also have the bronze color and will be getting the eggplant color my next trip to sephora.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/10/2010 12:05:00 AM More reviews by gosh_grace

wow this is such a huge disappointment. i really wanted to like this product, especially for the price. this goes on really creamy, yet it isn't super pigmented, i had to go over it a few times to get the color payoff i wanted. this smudged sooooo horribly i can't even describe it with words. i have tried everything, new mascara, setting it with eyeshadow, powder. nothing works! utter disappointment. booooooooooo.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2010 9:50:00 AM More reviews by lusciouslash

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't have a place that sells UD products in my area, and so I decided to order a couple of UD gift sets that came out at Christmas from Sephora. Also, I live in Canada, and to get free shipping, you have to spend $120.
The only negative thing that I have to say about the 24/7 liner is that is it not more accessible to me!

REVIEW:
I'm a huge fan of this pencil. I also have it in Flipsyde, 1999, and an exclusive mossy-green colour that was in the gift pack that I'd purchased.
I wore the black it all day long, and the colour STAYED ON, and did not smudge to make me look like I had black all under my eyes.
For a pencil that does not say "waterproof" on it, I am extremely impressed. I always use black liner, and finding one that stays vibrant, does not smudge, and does not blacken the area under my eyes is very important to me.This pencil does all three. The 1999 pencil, however, was not as vibrant as the Zero, but that's okay, since I usually use black anyway.

COMPARISONS:
For comparison sake, I'll compare Zero to the Makeup Forever Aqua Eyes liner.

The MUFE liner pencil is waterproof, and it was all the rage for a while. So I bought it to try. I honestly like the Urban Decay Zero pencil better. It's more vibrant black, and the staying power is the exact same. The MUFE doesn't give a dark enough line for me, and you have to constantly sharpen it, which isn't the case for the Urban Decay liner.

I have also used MAC black liner, and it caused tonnes of black to fall under my eyes. The UD one is much, much better.

If you live in Canada, you may have seen the brand "Annabelle" at drug stores. They have a waterproof black liner that I used for years. I had always thought it was great, but somehow never made the connection that the black fallout under my eyes was from the liner. I had just figured that all makeup smudges by the end of the day. I no longer have to worry about this with UD.

The only other black eyeliner that I will now use is the Smashbox Jet Set Waterproof. It's a gel liner, so it will apply differently than the UD pencil, but it is my Holy Grail black gel liner. I wouldn't call the UD one Holy Grail just yet, but it is my favourite so far.

PROS:
--> does not fall under eyes and make under-eyes dark
--> stays on all day
--> vibrant black colour
--> easy and smooth application
--> creamy formula that can either be smudged or left alone

CONS:
--> hard to find if there is no Sephora in the area you live (for me)
--> more expensive than drugstore liners (but worth it!)