November 22, 2014 | 1465 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Blot Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2007 11:37:00 AM More reviews by Melhadjis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I do like it how absorbed the oil on my face throughout the day but it is not something that i find you can apply whenever you see it wearing off because it will discolor your face in the spots you touch up. claims it wont but it will. I didn't notice that it was clogging my pores for about two months and i just recently stopped using it and my face is less breakout prone. I do love the product and i think it works. just not for all.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2007 5:16:00 PM More reviews by moshi24

Love this pressed powder....it's simple and it just blots off the excess oil throughout the day. I blot first with a blotting tissue......then I lightly dust this powder over my face and my skin looks so fresh. Too bad it isn't cheaper at $19.....but oh wells.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2007 10:07:00 AM More reviews by hizzlehazzle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I tried this in both the compact and loose powder and I prefer the compact even though the powder will break apart if you drop the compact. This stuff keeps my face matte like no other. It also doesn't cause any breakouts. This stuff is good to use over foundation or alone. *edit* What i really don't like about this is that it imparts more color than I would like it to - especially since there are very few shades to choose from and I'm in-between shades AND I have really yellow undertones which I don't think goes well with these colors. I wish MAC would do more colors or do a completely transparent one.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2007 3:14:00 AM More reviews by tecky

Im glad i gave mac blot a try.No oilies & no breakouts =)
I have always been hesitant to try mac.
I had zits w/ The mineralized skin finish ,same w/ the studiofix.
This product is great & its my current pressed powder favorite =)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2007 11:37:00 PM More reviews by Quiet_Avenger

I love using this as a finishing powder, and throughout the day for touch-ups. I use it with the puff it comes with, and find that it gives me a more polished look when used over foundations, and evens out skintone (ever so slightly) she used over bare skin. The shade Medium suits me best (pics in profile).

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2007 12:31:00 AM More reviews by Margyann

This blotting powder does stop shine but can make you look ghostly if applied too much. I apply with a brush which helps. Does not really stop shine long term but does work well if applied throughout the day. Also great to use as an eyelid base before applying eye shadow..helps with creasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2007 6:04:00 PM More reviews by atoosagurl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

HG! This is absolutely phenomenol at keeping the oilies away! I have always been hesitant to purchase this because of the high price tag, but it is so worth it! I got it in medium/dark which I thought would be too dark for my pale sking, but it actually looks quite natural and with it being summer, I didn't want to look chalky. Before this powder I was using my clean & clear oil sheets about 2-3 times a day. Now, after I apply this powder in the morning, I rarely have to touch up once, and my face still looks matte. I'm telling you, this product is an absolute miracle for oily skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2007 8:25:00 PM More reviews by Evanescence_rox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Probably my favourite product from MAC. Perfect for the summer. Hardly looks like you have anything on! I dont use foundation, just the MAC concealer in the lil pot (can't rememeber the name) and the concealer on its own looks blergh but when i dust this powder over it, it truly looks amazing.
My only complaint would be that it doesn't last all day, but nothing ever seems to. I tend to top it up throughout the day, but thats not problem when I have a brush with me.
And I have combination skin, so if i use this on the particularly dry parts where the skin is peeling (Yuck xD) it tends to show up more.

Overall I love the natural look I am able to achieve with this and i'll definitely be using this over the summer and maybe even longer! Who knows? :)

Oh and another thing, the applicator you get with this is Weird. Please use a brush to get the most out of this :D

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2007 8:56:00 AM More reviews by sexysylvia1211

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have tried and tried with this product, and even though i know im in the minority here i really do not like it. I bought it the very first week it came out- i have combo- oily skin and this product sounded like a god send. Im nc25-30ish lightly tanned and bought the medium shade but it was ashy, pale and too chalky. I ended up taking it back, but after recently reading the huge rave reviews and with summer here ive been dying to get a good oil control powder that looks natural and non cakey ( i wear a light tm so the last thing i need is cakey powder) I thought i would give this another go, thinking i just had a disatrous start with the wrong shade before. I got this in med-dark and its a lot better. BUT it looks cakey and 'make-upy' no matter how lightly i brush this on. Compared to my HG beautiful shiseido luminizing powder it could easily pass, imo, for a cheap d/s powder. The oil control is ok, nothing spectacular and if i dare re touch during the day i looked even more cakey...i guess this is up for swap!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2007 8:59:00 AM More reviews by Pragga

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Great control for shine and leaves with a perfect finish. I sometimes wear it alone. Will definately buy again but it lasts for so long!!