MAC Blot Powder

4.2

Dimethicone, Silica, Kaolin, Water, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Methicone, Coconut Acid, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Mica, Iron Oxid lllol

on 8/13/2007 9:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

It works better than anything else. Recently started using it again. My skin is often broken out anyway, so I don't think this is having an effect one way or the other on breakouts.

on 8/11/2007 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love this powder, I don't have any pressed powders and desperately needed one as I usually just use blotting tissues, but sometimes they take the foundation/colour off too, blah! What a drag! So I thought maybe what I needed more was pressed powder. So I went to the MAC counter based on the marvelous reviews here to have a look and try it out but after trying it out I loved it so much I bought it on the spot! Other powders I had tried made me look darker or they were cakey and powdery looking and very obvious I was wearing powder as they made me go from oil slick to dry and cartony in one instant, but this blot powder didn't do any of that. It took away all the considerable amount of very shiny oil I always have the misfortune to sport, but it didn't look like I was wearing anything or had applied anything, it made me look like I was naturally oil-free and even gave me a slightly glowy finish. Unlike other powders it also didn't make me look darker or give me a different colouring. Well now however I still am on the lookout for a decent pressed powder at a lower price to use on bumming-around days since at 19 euros I must save this gem for special occasions! = UPDATE = This powder stuns me every time I use it! It's the ONLY powder ever which doesn't make me look dry and cakey and powdery and therefore aging when I first put it on. I use it with a powder brush, love it!

on 8/9/2007 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This product looked great on my skin. Glowy but not too oily. Sadly, both times I tried this (years apart) I broke out terribly in cystic acne within days. But if you don't break out from it, this is a good product.

on 8/8/2007 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I was very impressed with this powder and I'm on my second compact. I have the oiliest skin ever, and nothing kept it at bay except for Clinac O.C. gel, which only worked for a couple of hours. I've found that when I pair this pressed powder with the Clinac O.C., I can go 4-5 hours without having to blot which is amazing for me. I will definitely continue to repurchase this. I gave it 4 lippies instead of 5 because there isn't all that much powder in a compact, and at $20 a pop, it can get a bit pricey to keep repurchasing.

on 8/4/2007 7:51:00 PM

This is absolutely perfect for applying over my foundation. It gives my face a more finished look, makes it look more matte, and helps with the shine. I find I am using this up a lot faster than I had originally thought I would, though. A definite repurchase.

on 8/4/2007 12:26:00 AM

I like this...my face tends to get pretty oily and this definitely helps to keep the oil at bay for a little longer than usual! I may buy this again but I'm always experimenting and this isn't an essential for me.

For some reason I keep forgetting how much I can't stand MAC Blot and rebuying it every couple of years for some reason. Blot is chalky, powdery and what it does do effectively, like getting rid of shine, is nothing special. I'll stick to my Maybelline compact from not on. It might not be as pretty to look at, but it sure does the job better. For reference, I have normal skin that is fair (NW15) and used the "fair" shade of blot.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I am so glad I decided to get this! I have 10 different powders in my bathroom drawer and half look good but don't help with the oil. The other half don't look natural. This looks natural AND controls oil. How about that? I am fair so I use the light. It is a dream!

on 7/9/2007 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

HG translucent powder. Blot powder is the answer to oily skin. It keeps my face matte all day all night. Even when ive been at work running around, or in the sun. Doesn't look cakey or white. Just don't use the puff provided. I use a nice brush and swirl it on to set foundation and touchups.
But don't need much touchups at all as it keeps my Mu really nice and matte.
Great price too!

For ref., NC40, i got this in Med/Dark

on 7/5/2007 4:49:00 PM

After reading the raves, I had to try this. So I tested it at the counter before lunch. After lunch, I looked in the mirror. ICK - it had settled into the pores on my nose and I had little white puddles. NOT good. No way was I going to buy it after that!