September 30, 2014 | 1589 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Blot Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2007 11:37:00 PM More reviews by Quiet_Avenger

I love using this as a finishing powder, and throughout the day for touch-ups. I use it with the puff it comes with, and find that it gives me a more polished look when used over foundations, and evens out skintone (ever so slightly) she used over bare skin. The shade Medium suits me best (pics in profile).

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2007 12:31:00 AM More reviews by Margyann

This blotting powder does stop shine but can make you look ghostly if applied too much. I apply with a brush which helps. Does not really stop shine long term but does work well if applied throughout the day. Also great to use as an eyelid base before applying eye shadow..helps with creasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2007 6:04:00 PM More reviews by atoosagurl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

HG! This is absolutely phenomenol at keeping the oilies away! I have always been hesitant to purchase this because of the high price tag, but it is so worth it! I got it in medium/dark which I thought would be too dark for my pale sking, but it actually looks quite natural and with it being summer, I didn't want to look chalky. Before this powder I was using my clean & clear oil sheets about 2-3 times a day. Now, after I apply this powder in the morning, I rarely have to touch up once, and my face still looks matte. I'm telling you, this product is an absolute miracle for oily skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2007 8:25:00 PM More reviews by Evanescence_rox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Probably my favourite product from MAC. Perfect for the summer. Hardly looks like you have anything on! I dont use foundation, just the MAC concealer in the lil pot (can't rememeber the name) and the concealer on its own looks blergh but when i dust this powder over it, it truly looks amazing.
My only complaint would be that it doesn't last all day, but nothing ever seems to. I tend to top it up throughout the day, but thats not problem when I have a brush with me.
And I have combination skin, so if i use this on the particularly dry parts where the skin is peeling (Yuck xD) it tends to show up more.

Overall I love the natural look I am able to achieve with this and i'll definitely be using this over the summer and maybe even longer! Who knows? :)

Oh and another thing, the applicator you get with this is Weird. Please use a brush to get the most out of this :D

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2007 8:56:00 AM More reviews by sexysylvia1211

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have tried and tried with this product, and even though i know im in the minority here i really do not like it. I bought it the very first week it came out- i have combo- oily skin and this product sounded like a god send. Im nc25-30ish lightly tanned and bought the medium shade but it was ashy, pale and too chalky. I ended up taking it back, but after recently reading the huge rave reviews and with summer here ive been dying to get a good oil control powder that looks natural and non cakey ( i wear a light tm so the last thing i need is cakey powder) I thought i would give this another go, thinking i just had a disatrous start with the wrong shade before. I got this in med-dark and its a lot better. BUT it looks cakey and 'make-upy' no matter how lightly i brush this on. Compared to my HG beautiful shiseido luminizing powder it could easily pass, imo, for a cheap d/s powder. The oil control is ok, nothing spectacular and if i dare re touch during the day i looked even more cakey...i guess this is up for swap!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2007 8:59:00 AM More reviews by Pragga

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Great control for shine and leaves with a perfect finish. I sometimes wear it alone. Will definately buy again but it lasts for so long!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2007 1:41:00 AM More reviews by shiningb3b3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It's price is quite decent for what it does. However, I realize that it dries out my skin a little too much~ So I subtracted one lippie from it =) I wouldn't suggest you using the signature "MAC" puff thing that it comes with, because you could easily overdo the blot powder. It absorbs oil from my t-zone (my oiliest of parts on my face). Lasts for a good at least an entire day of school~~

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2007 7:06:00 PM More reviews by mogwee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The powder leaves a bit of a cakey look, even when applied with a ligh hand. I have sensative oily skin that tends to break out easily... I'd stick with toliet seat covers, to control my shine!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2007 7:35:00 PM More reviews by amarock

I'm glad I finally picked this up. I'd been using the NYC compact for several years thinking it was working well (plus, I was saving money)... but I found that on certain days, the powder would cake around fine lines after a couple of touch-ups. So I decided to get the MAC Blot powder that I'd heard so much about. This product really delivers on its promise: it blots oiliness without adding chalkiness to the face. I could blot several times a day and not have any caking. The sleek packaging is a vast improvement over my old NYC (which I had to do a makeover on). My only tiny gripe about the packaging is the unlocking mechanism on the compact. I have to really press my finger into the button to get the compact to open - I much prefer the unlocking mechanism on the MAC Studio Fix compact. It would also be good if the compact had a separate compartment to house the powder puff... as it is, I have to keep the clear protective sheet that comes with the compact to keep the oils off the surface of the pressed powder. But those are minor things on an otherwise great product that delivers on its promise! I have this in Medium and it cost me $26 Cdn.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2007 9:04:00 PM More reviews by gypsynightmare

EDIT: I Bought it in the pressed powder variety so I can put it in my purse for touch ups throughout the day- If this is what you plan on doing don't bother buying it because it is fragile and Crumbles very easily, within weeks I had nothing left of this because it got knocked around in my purse. It's not worth the money.

I loveeeeeeeee this product! I was scared to get it because it's so much money and I was afraid it wouldn't be worth it but it totally is.
My skin used too look, harsh blotchy and orange with N.Y.C. pressed powder, which people say is comparable to MAC, but it's reallllllllllllly not, there is a huge difference.
Blot powder makes my skin look delicate and nice and natural (like I'm not wearing makeup) it really controls oil and goes over dry spots nicely, it also feels nice on my face! I love it! It was totally worth the money.