MAC Blot Powder

4.2

Dimethicone, Silica, Kaolin, Water, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Methicone, Coconut Acid, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Mica, Iron Oxid lllol

on 8/4/2007 7:51:00 PM

This is absolutely perfect for applying over my foundation. It gives my face a more finished look, makes it look more matte, and helps with the shine. I find I am using this up a lot faster than I had originally thought I would, though. A definite repurchase.

on 8/4/2007 12:26:00 AM

I like this...my face tends to get pretty oily and this definitely helps to keep the oil at bay for a little longer than usual! I may buy this again but I'm always experimenting and this isn't an essential for me.

For some reason I keep forgetting how much I can't stand MAC Blot and rebuying it every couple of years for some reason. Blot is chalky, powdery and what it does do effectively, like getting rid of shine, is nothing special. I'll stick to my Maybelline compact from not on. It might not be as pretty to look at, but it sure does the job better. For reference, I have normal skin that is fair (NW15) and used the "fair" shade of blot.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I am so glad I decided to get this! I have 10 different powders in my bathroom drawer and half look good but don't help with the oil. The other half don't look natural. This looks natural AND controls oil. How about that? I am fair so I use the light. It is a dream!

on 7/9/2007 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

HG translucent powder. Blot powder is the answer to oily skin. It keeps my face matte all day all night. Even when ive been at work running around, or in the sun. Doesn't look cakey or white. Just don't use the puff provided. I use a nice brush and swirl it on to set foundation and touchups.
But don't need much touchups at all as it keeps my Mu really nice and matte.
Great price too!

For ref., NC40, i got this in Med/Dark

on 7/5/2007 4:49:00 PM

After reading the raves, I had to try this. So I tested it at the counter before lunch. After lunch, I looked in the mirror. ICK - it had settled into the pores on my nose and I had little white puddles. NOT good. No way was I going to buy it after that!

I love Mac Blot. I dont like a heavy feeling, just want to blot the shine and this works perfectly. There is not much color but if you want color, then the studio fix or soemthing else might be better for you. THis simply blots any shine and you dont feel the weight at all.

on 6/28/2007 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I use this with my BE MMU as a setting powder. I might try the loose to see if I like that for home application. But this compact makes it nice to use. I do use it with a brush for better application. Helps to keep the oil away. I also use blotting papers and then this after. Will repurchase.

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This powder is amazing. I use it to finish up my makeup and for blotting throughout the day.

I had a Maybelline Wonder Finish foundation bottle that I used once and never again because of the terrible finish it had, until I gave it another try this time by adding MAC Blot Powder on top...& out came the true "wonder finish".

I have combo skin and I use it when my T-zone gets oily during the day. First I blot with a tissue paper then I powder.

Applying to much of Blot Powder in Light can make you look like a ghost so you have to use it with caution.

Would prefer a package that separates the applicator, though.

UPDATE: This powder breaks me out.

on 6/22/2007 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I do like it how absorbed the oil on my face throughout the day but it is not something that i find you can apply whenever you see it wearing off because it will discolor your face in the spots you touch up. claims it wont but it will. I didn't notice that it was clogging my pores for about two months and i just recently stopped using it and my face is less breakout prone. I do love the product and i think it works. just not for all.

Recommended for Normal Skin