MAC Blot Powder

4.2

Dimethicone, Silica, Kaolin, Water, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Methicone, Coconut Acid, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Mica, Iron Oxid lllol

I love Mac Blot. I dont like a heavy feeling, just want to blot the shine and this works perfectly. There is not much color but if you want color, then the studio fix or soemthing else might be better for you. THis simply blots any shine and you dont feel the weight at all.

on 6/28/2007 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I use this with my BE MMU as a setting powder. I might try the loose to see if I like that for home application. But this compact makes it nice to use. I do use it with a brush for better application. Helps to keep the oil away. I also use blotting papers and then this after. Will repurchase.

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This powder is amazing. I use it to finish up my makeup and for blotting throughout the day.

I had a Maybelline Wonder Finish foundation bottle that I used once and never again because of the terrible finish it had, until I gave it another try this time by adding MAC Blot Powder on top...& out came the true "wonder finish".

I have combo skin and I use it when my T-zone gets oily during the day. First I blot with a tissue paper then I powder.

Applying to much of Blot Powder in Light can make you look like a ghost so you have to use it with caution.

Would prefer a package that separates the applicator, though.

UPDATE: This powder breaks me out.

on 6/22/2007 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I do like it how absorbed the oil on my face throughout the day but it is not something that i find you can apply whenever you see it wearing off because it will discolor your face in the spots you touch up. claims it wont but it will. I didn't notice that it was clogging my pores for about two months and i just recently stopped using it and my face is less breakout prone. I do love the product and i think it works. just not for all.

on 6/21/2007 5:16:00 PM

Love this pressed powder....it's simple and it just blots off the excess oil throughout the day. I blot first with a blotting tissue......then I lightly dust this powder over my face and my skin looks so fresh. Too bad it isn't cheaper at $19.....but oh wells.

on 6/17/2007 10:07:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I tried this in both the compact and loose powder and I prefer the compact even though the powder will break apart if you drop the compact. This stuff keeps my face matte like no other. It also doesn't cause any breakouts. This stuff is good to use over foundation or alone. *edit* What i really don't like about this is that it imparts more color than I would like it to - especially since there are very few shades to choose from and I'm in-between shades AND I have really yellow undertones which I don't think goes well with these colors. I wish MAC would do more colors or do a completely transparent one.

on 6/16/2007 3:14:00 AM

Im glad i gave mac blot a try.No oilies & no breakouts =)
I have always been hesitant to try mac.
I had zits w/ The mineralized skin finish ,same w/ the studiofix.
This product is great & its my current pressed powder favorite =)

I love using this as a finishing powder, and throughout the day for touch-ups. I use it with the puff it comes with, and find that it gives me a more polished look when used over foundations, and evens out skintone (ever so slightly) she used over bare skin. The shade Medium suits me best (pics in profile).

on 6/2/2007 12:31:00 AM

This blotting powder does stop shine but can make you look ghostly if applied too much. I apply with a brush which helps. Does not really stop shine long term but does work well if applied throughout the day. Also great to use as an eyelid base before applying eye shadow..helps with creasing.

on 5/29/2007 6:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

HG! This is absolutely phenomenol at keeping the oilies away! I have always been hesitant to purchase this because of the high price tag, but it is so worth it! I got it in medium/dark which I thought would be too dark for my pale sking, but it actually looks quite natural and with it being summer, I didn't want to look chalky. Before this powder I was using my clean & clear oil sheets about 2-3 times a day. Now, after I apply this powder in the morning, I rarely have to touch up once, and my face still looks matte. I'm telling you, this product is an absolute miracle for oily skin!

Recommended for Normal Skin