August 30, 2014 | 1228 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Blot Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2007 7:06:00 PM More reviews by mogwee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The powder leaves a bit of a cakey look, even when applied with a ligh hand. I have sensative oily skin that tends to break out easily... I'd stick with toliet seat covers, to control my shine!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2007 7:35:00 PM More reviews by amarock

I'm glad I finally picked this up. I'd been using the NYC compact for several years thinking it was working well (plus, I was saving money)... but I found that on certain days, the powder would cake around fine lines after a couple of touch-ups. So I decided to get the MAC Blot powder that I'd heard so much about. This product really delivers on its promise: it blots oiliness without adding chalkiness to the face. I could blot several times a day and not have any caking. The sleek packaging is a vast improvement over my old NYC (which I had to do a makeover on). My only tiny gripe about the packaging is the unlocking mechanism on the compact. I have to really press my finger into the button to get the compact to open - I much prefer the unlocking mechanism on the MAC Studio Fix compact. It would also be good if the compact had a separate compartment to house the powder puff... as it is, I have to keep the clear protective sheet that comes with the compact to keep the oils off the surface of the pressed powder. But those are minor things on an otherwise great product that delivers on its promise! I have this in Medium and it cost me $26 Cdn.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2007 9:04:00 PM More reviews by gypsynightmare

EDIT: I Bought it in the pressed powder variety so I can put it in my purse for touch ups throughout the day- If this is what you plan on doing don't bother buying it because it is fragile and Crumbles very easily, within weeks I had nothing left of this because it got knocked around in my purse. It's not worth the money.

I loveeeeeeeee this product! I was scared to get it because it's so much money and I was afraid it wouldn't be worth it but it totally is.
My skin used too look, harsh blotchy and orange with N.Y.C. pressed powder, which people say is comparable to MAC, but it's reallllllllllllly not, there is a huge difference.
Blot powder makes my skin look delicate and nice and natural (like I'm not wearing makeup) it really controls oil and goes over dry spots nicely, it also feels nice on my face! I love it! It was totally worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2007 2:56:00 PM More reviews by tdramey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First of all, let me start by saying that blot powder, regardless of the shade you use is translucent with limited amounts of color. That said, it is not meant to be a setting powder as I have seen some people write. This is STRICTLY for touching up your makeup throughout the day without caking on any other type of consistency onto your face. I have incredibly oily skin. In fact, I never really see anyone with a face oiler than my own! Luckily beyond that I have been blessed with great skin otherwise. Although I don't struggle with breakouts oil is a constant struggle for me. For all of those that have made comments on the puff inside, I would have to agree that it is a pain to deal with. if you do decide to use it just buy a bunch and change them every two weeks. If you don't the oil will build up and make a bacterial mess on your face. I have started replacing them with the Bobbi Brown powder puff refills. It's a MUCH nicer puff, allows the product to go on better and helps absorb oil better for whatever reason. They are about 6 dollars a piece US. I would highly recommend it!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2007 10:15:00 PM More reviews by dawnsp

I've gone through 5 compacts so far (and the only reason I know that is because they have a recycling program!): yes, this is probably the best powder ever. My (large) pores disappear, it doesn't look heavy, and it controls oil and lasts like nothing else. I'll keep buying it. My skin is medium/olive and very oily.

Only negative thing I can say is it comes in a pretty limited range of shades - 3 or 4? And medium dark (I think that's the darkest shade offered) won't work for very dark complexions, I suspect. Go darker than you think you'll need, use a brush to apply (not the puff) and it should work pretty well.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2007 12:40:00 PM More reviews by sonya80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Blotting wise, I prefer Stila sheer pressed powder, but stila is just too flat to put any puff on it, so it's kind of inconvenient.
With that said, MAC blot tend to get cakey if I sweat a lot on hot days.
I threw out cover girl powder puff looking thing out from MAC blot, and replaced it with MAC "leatherette* puff from MAC sheer powder, which is really soft fine hairy puff. Case is black,slick, MAC. I live in southern california, and really love this powder in hot weathers. It is little too dry in cold weather (My skin type is normal). Even though I'm NC15, I wear this in Medium. It is almost colorless, but Light makes me look little cakey when applied all over.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2007 9:32:00 PM More reviews by macgrrl65

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The best powder I've ever used...It keeps even the oiliest of us shine free for hours without major pore cloggage...I think this is one of the few products that I've bought routinely for a few years now..

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2007 12:49:00 AM More reviews by laceylew

I really like this. It mattes oil completely without having in pigment. This will not oxidize on your skin like many MAC powders do. Just remember to go 1 shade darker than what you think you would be, or else it may be slightly chalky. I am a light-medium peachy tan in complexion and wear the medium-dark!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2007 6:59:00 PM More reviews by kpmal

This product works well for oil absorption, however I must complain that it isnt acutally as "translucent" as it claims to be with the different colours light, medium, medium-dark, dark
What actually happened is in pictures I have a white cast when I use this over my regular foundation, which had never happened before if I had used the Black Opal Invisible Oil Blocking Powder. This is a good product, just not as neutral as I hoped since I got the white cast!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2007 10:14:00 PM More reviews by blueberrylove

This product has been so wonderful for me. I have oily skin with big pores and I live in sunny southern california (not a great combo), but this product has managed to keep my oily skin from shining. I buff it lightly over my Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer and it makes my pores look non existant. Great great great product! I will definately be repurchasing.