Desert Essence Jojoba Oil - 100 pure

4.3

Not tested on animals

Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil.

on 2/25/2008 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Love it! I have naturally curly hair and when it gets too dry I use this. I also use this out of the shower.

on 2/19/2008 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I had no acne previously and this made me break out :( I used this at night as a moisturizer for 5 days- I would rub a couple of drops onto my skin after doing the oil cleansing method. I never saw any difference in my skin when I woke up, except for the 6th day when there were these little rough red raised bumps on my nose, which I have never got before in my life, or anything similar. It seems like it's a patch of clogged pores because they won't turn into whiteheads or cystic pimples or anything..just raised bumps and they won't go away :( I also had 4 small pimples, which could be hormonal, but I haven't got any breakouts on my period in months so I don't know.

on 2/12/2008 11:48:00 AM

I don't use jojoba oil as a moisturizer (I don't like waiting for it to sink in), but I do use it to remove my sunblock + impurities at the end of the day. I massage the oil into my face for a few minutes and then I wipe my face with a warm wash cloth. Then I cleanse with a regular facial cleanser. Try it! It's much cheaper than using Dermalogica's Precleanse!

on 2/8/2008 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I tried this as a natural moisturizer on my face and it broke me out, duh, lol. I am using it around my eyes and there haven't been any problems to speak of. It works better on my hair than my skin. I wont re-purchase because it's not indispensable. I like coconut and castor oils better for my hair and it's not that great of an eye oil. I'm just trying to use up the bottle.

on 2/3/2008 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use this stuff for everything! Occasionally at night if I have been feeling dry, I put this on before bed and in the morning my face is soft and hydrated. I use it on my hair as a conditioner, body (makes tan skin glow in the summer), cuticles, stubborn eye makeup remover (gets off red lipstick stain!) and sometimes I rub a little into my cheeks for a "dewy" effect instead of blush. It absorbs easily and doesn't clog pores.

I'm giving this a 4 because it gives me break outs.

I love to use it on my hair before I wash it. But I don't recommend using it as a cleanser on your face. I am not acne prone but this really clogs my pores.

I use it on my eyes and its great for an overnight moisturizing treatment.

I wouldn't be without this product... but it still gives me breakouts.

I'm 19 with not acne prone skin but i can get an occasional break out.

on 1/31/2008 6:49:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I researched this on Medline and read that jojoba oil (actually it's a wax, not that such a distinction means anything) is the natural product that's the closest in composition/moisturizing abilities to human sebum. Cool, right? Well, maybe. I tried it as a moisturizer, with my moisturizer, with my cleanser, mixed with water, spritzed and patted and massaged and all kinds of craziness. Didn't do a thing for my very dry skin. Phooey.

on 1/29/2008 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have super oily skin that won't last more than a couple of hours without blotting. Regardless, I still need a moisturizer and this is the best I've found that helps to balance out my skin and not break me out. (I'm also acne-prone.) I use only a drop to moisturize, wait a couple of minutes for it to sink in, and then blot any excess with a tissue. I've tried other oils for moisturizers, and I love how this one doesn't have any kind of oily scent to it.

This is the lightest, most satisfying moisturizer I've found. It isn't greasy, and it moisturizes my normal-slightly oily skin perfectly. The price is low and it's organic... perfect combination!

on 1/28/2008 4:33:00 PM

I thought i would give Dessert Essence Jojoba oil a try since there were many great reviews on MUA. I loved it for the first week of using this product it seemed to give me a clear moisturized skin when i normally get dry patches on my cheeks. But by the second week of using it I started to break out big time. I read that its just my skin purging itself so i gave it 2 more weeks OMG that was the worst Idea ever It took about a month after using this product for my skin to get back to its normal state. I only use this product in the winter for my arms and legs to keep them extra moisturized durning the cold and dry season. I wanted this to work but sadly not on my face..

Popular Moisturizers