Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream

4.2

Water, Petrolatum, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, PEG-30 Glyceryl Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Disodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol.

on 11/21/2008 11:18:00 AM

I am so happy I finally found my HG moisturizer. I have dry/acne prone skin. Cetaphil cream is the only thing that prevents my flakes, leaves my face feeling comfortable, and doesn't wear off when I go to sleep. My skin is so much healthier looking.l can love that it's unscented. It's thick and creamy, yet sinks right in. I buy the 3 oz. tube to use on my face. The tub seems a little unsanitary to me, so I like the small squeeze tube :)

on 11/21/2008 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have very sensitive skin and Cetaphil is one of the few creams I am not allergic to. The cream is alot more moisturizing than the lotion and keeps my skin soft and hydrated. In addition to using Cetaphil cream on my hands, I use this under my eyes since that area (for me) is extremely sensitive to a variety of ingredients--cetaphil is one of the few products that doesn't trigger an adverse reaction for me in that area--most others do including the most expensive creams and lotions. The only drawback for me is that I wish it cost less, though--it's around $12 around here. I try to find it in a store brand version if I can.

on 11/21/2008 2:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This stuff is amazing. I've been using it on and off for ten years--there are always times when I'm susceptible to good advertising & hype and go out and waste a lot of money on fancy lotion only to find out that I should have never switched to something other than this cream. It does a great job moisturizing my dry skin. It does make my face a bit shiny at first and my boyfriend has mocked me for having a greasy face in the morning, but it's not like that lasts all day. And if I run out of body lotion and don't have time to go buy more, I can just use this! The fact that it's unscented is a big plus, too. I

on 11/18/2008 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

My cetaphil lotion wasn't working anymore. After I moved from Vancouver to Toronto, my skin has been extremely dry around my cheek and mouth area, but oily still at my T-zone. I've been peeling, probably also because I started using retisol, my prescription acne cream. I also started developing eczema on my hands. I bought this product after reading the rave reviews, hoping it's thicker and more moisturizing. I find that it works better than the cetaphil lotion, my skin is not peeling as much anymore. I took off one lippie because it doesn't completely stop my flakey skin, and also when it doesn't make my eczema go away either when I put it on my hands. I would probably repurchase this if I don't find anything better.

on 11/18/2008 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I rated this a 4 only because of the packaging, otherwise, this stuff is my HG. I never loved a product like I love this one. I have eczema and have breakouts near my eyes. I wasn't able to find a cream to soothe it without making it worse until the Pharmacist at Target recommended this cream. I used to use Cetaphil lotion - but there is a huge difference for me between the two. USE IT IF YOU HAVE ECZEMA! It's gentle around the eyes!

I wanted a basic moisturizer to use in conjunction with my retinol and AHA treatments. This seemed to fit the bill and i very affordable. Sadly, it broke me out in large, under the skin, painful pimples. I used the rest on my legs.

on 11/17/2008 7:15:00 PM

I use this daily and nightly, it is the best. It really does my dry skin good. and I agree that it is great for the face. I love this stuff.. Will be using it forever.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

HG moisturizer! It's been getting drier and drier, and the weather on top of my benzoyl peroxide regimen has dried out my skin like CRAZY. So one day I took the plunge, and despite my concerns about the thickness of the cream (I was afraid it would me comedogenic, regardless of what the product said) this has been the best moisturizer I've used for my parched face. I take a ball of moisturizer about the size of a quarter, add two drops of jojoba oil and a tiny bith of Acne.org moisturizer to thin it out - and the result is a completely hydrating but light enough moisturizer. Love.

on 11/17/2008 6:17:00 PM

I am SO pleased with this cream! I use it on both my face and body after exfoliating and it moisturizes my dry skin so well that it is the first product that has ever given my skin a dewy glow- without greasy residue. Last night i couldn't believe the amount of light bouncing off my face after an AHA mask and then using this. My dry skin thats prone to hormonal breakouts was giving me serious problems, uneven tone, constant acne around my jaw and chin..just lame. I got fed up with all my fancy schmutzy stuff (i am an esthetician with a huge load of products) and went back to the basics. My new routine has completely turned my skin around, and here it is.
Morning: rinse with warm water, apply 3-4 drop of Burts Bees Naturally Ageless serum, top with Somme Double Defense spf 30 moisturizer
Night: Cleanse with OSEA ocean cleanser, apply generous amount of generic 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide over acne affected areas of the face, top with Cetaphil cream
2-3 times a week: AHA enzyme mask or sugar scrub mask, cetaphil cream.
The cetaphil cream tub is a huge 16 oz, plenty to slather over my whole body most days. I don't mind the wide mouth jar, i think its easier to use for body than having to pick something up to squeeze or pump a million pumps to get the right amount, All in all an extremely rich cream that stays with you all day and gives your face a radiant glow. Plus, great price!

on 11/5/2008 2:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I have the 3oz tube. I like a thick creamy moisturizer. I have combination skin. It leaves my skin feeling soft. I would recommend this product if you like a thick creamy moisturizer. I use in the morning and at night. Part of a good skin care regimine is having a good moisturizer and this one is good for me.