July 30, 2014 | 2124 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2011 9:40:00 AM More reviews by martine067

Works well and does a good job on my eyes. Love it :)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2011 8:35:00 PM More reviews by wixter

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

These are on key for being a drugstore gel liner. I have Blackest Black and Brown. They slide onto my lid very easily after I load up my brush. When I don't have my brush loaded up, however, they tend to be dry and not get the most perfect smooth line. I feel like I always have to be going back into the pot to get more liner on my brush because it's not gliding on very nicely.

After I get a nice line though, they last all day, even on my waterline. They don't crack, flake or dry up after hours and hours of wear which I love.

I would recommend these to people who are just starting out with makeup or gel liner since they are cheaper than higher end gel liners and come with a decent brush for application.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2011 6:01:00 PM More reviews by DizzyNicky

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My HG gel eyeliner, I LOVE this stuff. This is just as good as MAC or any other high end brand. It is very black and does not dry out what so ever. I've had mine for a year now and wear it every day. Perfect if you wear a cat eye look. I use a bent eyeliner brush (Elf-$3 or Sonia Kushak-$6) to apply it. If you are looking for a cheaper alternative, wet n wild has a good black gel liner but the formula is a little thicker and doesn't glide on as smoothly as this does. I have sensitive eyes that tear so I'm limited to what I can wear on my eyes. This does not bother them what so ever. - Update: Maybelline is not a cruelty free brand so I've discontinued using this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2011 10:52:00 PM More reviews by rohiam

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this! It's just so smooth! I haven't experienced any drying problems, as stated below, as the product is still a week or so old. I love the little tip of the brush, it's so convenient and easy to put in a little bag and take anywhere. I haven't had to touch up with this when I wear it, I have dark Indian skin, so it's a nice greyish color on me (charcoal) that looks really sweet and finished compared to the terrifyingly sharp blacks I keep unknowingly buying. Very soft, pleasant color for dark girls, charcoal is nearly perfect! It's a bit expensive (10 dollars for a little pot?) but I've been using it every day for about 8 days and I haven't even made a dent. it's really good :) I wish there was a little more product. I've also used it as a cream eyeshadow with a different brush, and it looked dazzling for a party night with the small little sparkles and everything! I would definitely buy this again, one of my better purchases.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2011 10:15:00 PM More reviews by iidomosaur

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

When I first used it, I thought it was heaven! The texture & pigment was great! However, I didn't like the brush that much though & would rather have used an angled eyeliner brush.

However, a few weeks later, I don't know if this is due to me leaving it out without screwing back on the cap too long, but the gel started drying up on me. When I rub it on the brush & then put it on my lids, it would start to clump in a little ball. But all I have to do is get it out of the way, & move on. Minor problem.

I would say one package would last me for quite a while. I bought it about a month ago & I have used really little! For the quantity & how long this is going to last me, I would say it's quite worth it for its price.

However, I will have to see if it will continue to dry up in the future.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2011 3:51:00 PM More reviews by AllThatGlittersxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Recently ran out of this liner & I miss it. Its very pigmented & doesn't flake off like most eyeliners. My only complaint is that I wish there was more product in the jar & that it kinda fades if theres too much humidity. Maybe its just my skin, I dont know. But I dont really mind touching up my liner because with the brush its so effortless. Will definitely repurchase. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2011 3:14:00 PM More reviews by Teacakeanyone

Luckily, in the world of eyeliners, gel ones are very difficult to mess up. I just tried the Maybelline liner in Eggplant/Aubergine. For around $8, you get a great, long-lasting, eyeliner. I appreciate this one's color - dark enough to define, but not stark like black or brown. This doesn't tremendously bring out the green in my eyes like I was hoping for, but it did save me $14 that I would've spent on Bobbi Brown's Violet ink. It's not an exact dupe in color, Bobbi's is warmer, but they're close and the Maybelline one does have much warmer tendencies than the majority of the "plum" or purple liners on the market that are cool-toned. My only issue is the Eggplant/aubergine isn't 100% pigmented - I have to go over some of the lines. However, I've never seen a purple liner that isn't this way, so I cut Maybelline some slack. It doesn't take *that* much longer to touch up an area or two when I'm applying it. Lasts as long as any gel liner on me, which means all day on oily lids. I'm quite pleased!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2011 8:20:00 PM More reviews by samiiyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this in black for Christmas this year and I love it! It's still very creamy so I don't know what people are talking about when they say that their's have dried out. Maybe you're not closing it tightly enough? I recently went on the hunt for a dark purple cream eyeliner. I tried E.L.F. first and it was just awful, no pigmentation whatsoever... it was basically grey. I decided to hand over the $9.99 for this product and I am not disappointed! The only problem is that the caps for the black and the eggplant look exactly the same so it's annoying when you're in a rush. I wish it had a color indicator at the top but that is something I am willing to deal with! The brush it comes with is good but it's nothing special, however that's not really why I'm buying this product anyways!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2011 5:47:00 PM More reviews by specialribbons

I love this so much! It doesn't smudge, fade, or even migrate to my lower waterline when I use it to tightline my upper lash line (which is all I use it for). It's very creamy and easy to use. The brush included is perfect! It's kind of small, but it's very firm which is PERFECT for applying this product. I'll definitely purchase other colors :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2011 7:08:00 PM More reviews by ninjacupcake

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I heard a lot of good things about this eyeliner, so I was pretty stoked when I picked it up at the store :)
Usually, I only wear makeup when I'm going out, or if I'm at school, but if it's like summer break and I'm just with my friends, I go au natural.
So I haven't worn makeup in a while, so I'm hoping it's just my liner skills that are off, but this eyeliner's amazing :) It lasts for hours and hours on end with me! I don't have oily lids, and makeup NEVER creases on me, so I'm pretty lucky :)
But I love this liner, it's like my go-to stuff :)
And I also love the little brush that it comes with :)
The only problem I have with the liner, is that it takes a little bit longer for it to set, longer than my Almay liquid liner. So if I'm applying, sometimes I miss a small spot, so I'll go over it again, but then the liner just goes a little sheer on that one area.. :/
Other than that, it's a GREAT product :)