October 25, 2014 | 1815 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2011 5:51:00 PM More reviews by JaanBlack

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Stands up to MAC and Bobbi Brown gel liners but my favorite part is the stiff little brush...doesn't run, doesn't dry out too fast and the brush makes it so easy to get a perfect line right along my lashes...I use brown and black...my new HG gel liner

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2011 2:44:00 AM More reviews by SapphireSurf

This is my first eyeliner (I got it in black) and it works pretty good. I like the brush too, rather than an angled brush and the consistency is quite creamy but easy to work with. It's pretty expensive where I'm from, 11 euros, so I won't be repurchasing just cause MACs Fluidline's 17 euro, and I'd lke to try that.. I wore this eyeliner in the shower, and it did smudge little and had faded but still, I think would be wearable :) Packagings fine, nothing fancy :) I'd recommend you get this if youre new to makeup like me and want a little kit to practice with before buying Bobbi Brown or MAC :D X

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2011 10:33:00 AM More reviews by AriSatomi

UPDATE 23oct2011: I just bought the LE gel liner in saphire and dare I say, I love this line even more!! I wore it outside yesterday evening to a date with my boyfriend, and it looked amazing! He complimented me on my eyes and I was so glad I bought this liner on a impulse! :) The color is a dark navy with royal blue (my favorite color to wear) shimmer shot through it. It looks positively stunning and the texture is creamier than the forest green one I have. Again, I absolutely love the brush and I'm already eyeing the brown one!!

Original review: I love the brush!!! I want to buy all the liners in the collection, just so that I can get back ups of those little handy liner brushes! It's firm and pointy, doesn't shed at all, and feels very comfortable in my hand! It can easily double as a smudge brush for the gel liner and it is absolutely worth it! So onto the liner: I have it in forest green. The color is a dark green with cold-toned green microshimmers, but the green tint still shows through (even if I'm only tightlining). I would've liked it better if it was even darker, but I manage. The consistency, as everyone pointed out, isn't the best. I prefer the consistency of MAC fluidline much better. I also need more product on the brush compared to MAC and BB, but I can live with that since I don't want my product to dry out before I can finish it. All in all, this is the best drugstore gel liner I've used, it is perfect for MU starters and I will repurchase! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2011 3:58:00 PM More reviews by luxferi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this based on Lisa Eldridge's recommendation on YouTube. The brush is remarkably well made and comfortable to use, unlike those stiff, slanted and uber thin brushes. I can never use those. Too awkward for doing my left eye with my dominant right hand. The brush on this is shaped with slightly round tip, not too stiff yet not floppy. It's a joy to use! The gel liner itself is also superb... it's completely budge proof (I'm really happy about that because my previous eye liner pencil transfers to my Shu Uemura curler every time I curl my lashes) and stays there until I remove it as the end of the day. The only thing is that I can't line under my eyes very well with this, it seems to give off too harsh a line so I revert back to good ole eye liner pencil for that. Very happy with this purchase! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2011 1:59:00 AM More reviews by VivaLaCali

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I love this product, it slides on smoothly, And it's great if you want to create a cat eye look. .

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2011 3:33:00 PM More reviews by slivka81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Black eyeliner is my favorite make up product ever and I seem to have a bit of obsession with it- own about 20 different black eyeliners, liquid, kohl, gel, you name it, i have it or tried it.I had gel eyeliners before, so I was keen to try this one. The color is lovely, it stays on for hours
however if you don't remove it with a good remover, you may end up with panda eyes. The only downside is the brush that comes with it; as another reviewer said, clean it every day (max two applications as I found out), as it dries out and can scratch your eyes.(Cotton wool pads, soap and hot water will do the trick).Or use a better quality brush. Overally, it's affordable, easy to apply and stays on for ages.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/12/2011 4:47:00 AM More reviews by Yoora

I hate this product. I truly dislike this product. I wanted to like it, don't get me wrong it's cheap and not a lot of drugstore brands i knew of made Gel Liners at the time so I was excited.

The pigments in this jar is AWFUL, i mean awful. I try to apply it on my eyes but after layering it on and one I feel like it just doesn't work. It's way to dry! I had a purple one, the eggplant i believe because I wanted to try for a purple color and didn't feel like buying it from Mac's Fluid line collection.

Then I left my make up in the car at a hotel and borrowed my friend's eyeliner, awful awful awful. It didn't even stick to my eyes. I was so mad at myself for forgetting my bag but I kept it in and thanked her. She likes this product, i hate it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2011 11:36:00 PM More reviews by Aquinstar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was my first attempt at using a gel liner, and man, this stuff is great. It is very very black and if you have a steady hand, you can create a perfectly straight black line every time. The brush it came with is functional, though a better brush might make it work even better. It is absolutely necessary to clean your brushes every day when using this gel liner - otherwise your brush will get very hard and scrape your eyelids. Not going to buy again until I try the Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner. If they are comparable, I'll stick with the Maybeline...but with a new brush.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2011 7:49:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

(Review is for the blackest black shade). I am a liquid liner rookie and this makes it easy to do. I tried a wing with this last night and it was a snap.
The gel is a great consistency. As far as liquid liners, I have used a cake liner and a liner marker and I far prefer this to both. Although the liner marker is easier to control, this ultimately has a better look. It's smooth and dense and pigmented.
This eyeliner lasted well into the night and didn't budge.
The brush it comes with is actually pretty decent and effective too.
When I picked this up (based on reviews here) and it rang up for $10, I was like, for Maybelline? Really?! But this is worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2011 4:11:00 AM More reviews by orqnge

My very first gel eyeliner, I must say that I was initially impressed with the product. The application was smooth and the colour did not smudge too much. However, it recently began to harden and the colour doesn't come onto my eyelid as smooth as it used to be. I have half the amount of product left.

That being said, I do not use the gel liner on a daily basis (I alternate between liquid and gel) so perhaps the fact that the gel eyeliner has been with me for almost a year and a half is probably the reason why it hardened at half pot.

I recommend this to people who are on a slightly tighter budget and will use the gel eyeliner on a daily basis. I will not buy it again mainly because it is my first gel eyeliner and I would like to try other brands before coming to a genuine conclusion on this product's rebuy-ablity.

By the way, i LOVE the complimentary brush.