August 21, 2014 | 1851 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2011 8:40:00 AM More reviews by ik18101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

WOW.... Now im the WORST Person when it comes to any kind of liner. Now everyones been on about how easy GEL LINER is so i thought if give it a shot. So instead of buying an overally expensive one, i decided to go cheap and buy a cheaper one instead just to give it a try. I bought the maybelline one and was surprised by the posh packaging which was a grey long thin carton shaped package with the gel-liner and applicator inside. I was pleased with that. So, my first attempt at the eyeliner and i failed.. miserably. I then removed it with a makeup wipe and tried again.. this time i did quite well and managed to create a perfectly straight line... i even added a decent flick!! This is really easy to use and creates PERFECT flicks!! I Would highly reccomend it as it easy to use, cheap, last agesss, and the packagings great!! ...Just remember... Practice makes perfect! x

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2011 2:38:00 AM More reviews by IamAleks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This is my first gel eyeliner and absolutely like it! It's very easy to apply although i don't have much experiense of using gel eyeliner.

Colour: I have this eyeliner in 01 black. It looks on the eyes just like it looks in the package -true black.

How I use it: goes well both ways: as thin line for neutral day-time make up and as thick bridget bardo-style cat eye make up))). Usually I apple it with MAC angled brush (263 - bigger one or 208 - smaller one, haven't use brush that goes with this liner just because for me it's comfortabler to use MAC brushes - I'm used to them) And any black eyeshadow above - just to fix it a bit better.I think it's important to mention that I use primer. After all of this it stays forever!!... well, at least - one night out)))

Package: pretty nice, doesn' get broken in my big and heavy bag.

So, for now, after using it about a month - absolutely love it. Very possible will buy again

rated 3 of 5 on 9/1/2011 2:15:00 AM More reviews by dthai90

This is the first gel liner I've tried. It does the job (easy to apply, looks OK) but I'm still on the market for a smoother and more pigmented liner! I find mine to be on the dry side, sometimes it clumps and flakes when applying. It also has a slight sheen which is almost silvery. The brush works well with the product, so no need to switch to my angled brush. I probably wouldn't purchase this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2011 2:34:00 AM More reviews by jcq

I bought this in Sasa Singapore, its S$19, pricey compared to others reviewers stated. the counter girl said it's more expensive cause eggplant is the limited edition.
From the tube, the eggplant color seems very nice deep purple. When applying on lid.. i dont know how it turned to be reddish-brown close to maroon, with slight tint of purple. the wow about this products are glide easily on lid yet last all day on my very oily lid even without primer, and waterproof.
I prefer to use my own angle brush, the color is not intense though, sometimes could be a bit flaky when applying

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2011 9:40:00 AM More reviews by martine067

Works well and does a good job on my eyes. Love it :)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2011 8:35:00 PM More reviews by wixter

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

These are on key for being a drugstore gel liner. I have Blackest Black and Brown. They slide onto my lid very easily after I load up my brush. When I don't have my brush loaded up, however, they tend to be dry and not get the most perfect smooth line. I feel like I always have to be going back into the pot to get more liner on my brush because it's not gliding on very nicely.

After I get a nice line though, they last all day, even on my waterline. They don't crack, flake or dry up after hours and hours of wear which I love.

I would recommend these to people who are just starting out with makeup or gel liner since they are cheaper than higher end gel liners and come with a decent brush for application.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2011 6:01:00 PM More reviews by DizzyNicky

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My HG gel eyeliner, I LOVE this stuff. This is just as good as MAC or any other high end brand. It is very black and does not dry out what so ever. I've had mine for a year now and wear it every day. Perfect if you wear a cat eye look. I use a bent eyeliner brush (Elf-$3 or Sonia Kushak-$6) to apply it. If you are looking for a cheaper alternative, wet n wild has a good black gel liner but the formula is a little thicker and doesn't glide on as smoothly as this does. I have sensitive eyes that tear so I'm limited to what I can wear on my eyes. This does not bother them what so ever. - Update: Maybelline is not a cruelty free brand so I've discontinued using this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2011 10:52:00 PM More reviews by rohiam

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this! It's just so smooth! I haven't experienced any drying problems, as stated below, as the product is still a week or so old. I love the little tip of the brush, it's so convenient and easy to put in a little bag and take anywhere. I haven't had to touch up with this when I wear it, I have dark Indian skin, so it's a nice greyish color on me (charcoal) that looks really sweet and finished compared to the terrifyingly sharp blacks I keep unknowingly buying. Very soft, pleasant color for dark girls, charcoal is nearly perfect! It's a bit expensive (10 dollars for a little pot?) but I've been using it every day for about 8 days and I haven't even made a dent. it's really good :) I wish there was a little more product. I've also used it as a cream eyeshadow with a different brush, and it looked dazzling for a party night with the small little sparkles and everything! I would definitely buy this again, one of my better purchases.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2011 10:15:00 PM More reviews by iidomosaur

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

When I first used it, I thought it was heaven! The texture & pigment was great! However, I didn't like the brush that much though & would rather have used an angled eyeliner brush.

However, a few weeks later, I don't know if this is due to me leaving it out without screwing back on the cap too long, but the gel started drying up on me. When I rub it on the brush & then put it on my lids, it would start to clump in a little ball. But all I have to do is get it out of the way, & move on. Minor problem.

I would say one package would last me for quite a while. I bought it about a month ago & I have used really little! For the quantity & how long this is going to last me, I would say it's quite worth it for its price.

However, I will have to see if it will continue to dry up in the future.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2011 3:51:00 PM More reviews by AllThatGlittersxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Recently ran out of this liner & I miss it. Its very pigmented & doesn't flake off like most eyeliners. My only complaint is that I wish there was more product in the jar & that it kinda fades if theres too much humidity. Maybe its just my skin, I dont know. But I dont really mind touching up my liner because with the brush its so effortless. Will definitely repurchase. :)