Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

cyclopentasiloxane, propylsilsesquioxane, ceresin, isodecane, cyclohexasiloxane, caprylyl methicone, synthetic fluorphlogopite, silica silyate, disteardimonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, propylene carbonate, candelilla wax, caprylyl glycol, aluminum hydroxide, calcium sodium borosilicate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica, tin oxide. [ ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499/iron oxides, mica, ci 77491/titanium dioxide, ci 77007/ultramarines, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci 77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/manganese violet, ci 42090/blue 1 lake, ci 19140/yellow 5 lake, ci 77510/ferric ammonium ferrocyanide]

Maybelline claims it as smudge-proof, but it's a false claim. I mean, it does smudge!! Great pigmentation and nice glass pot.
I LOVE the brush though, it's just really good!!
Overall, I prefer my Etude House Code B Gel Liner or TonyMoly Backstage Gel Liner (they're awesome Korean gel-liners, must try and cheap!), but of course I do prefer Maybelline's brush.

on 11/21/2011 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the only gel eyeliner I own. I have very oily eyelids. The only way I can make eyeliner stay on my eyelids without smudging into my crease is if i use an eyeliner sealer (or L'oreal Lineur Intense but I didn't want to use L'oreal due to the fact they do animal testing). I was hoping this eyeliner would help eliminate the extra step of having to seal my eyeliner. However, it smudged in my eye crease too. I have also tried my sister's MAC Blacktrack which also smudges into my eye crease (but not as fast as the Maybelline one does). For a few months, this eyeliner just sat in my makeup drawer. I didn't know what to do with it. Then I started using it to tightline and I love it for that. It is very pigmented and stays pigmented all day long. However, it does tend to smudge a little on to my lower lash line. I have round cheeks that touch my tightline when I smile.
the brush it comes with is good. the tip is very stiff and can be used to draw thin lines.
Overall, not suitable for super oily eyelids like mine but works great as a tightliner with minimal smudging onto the lower lash line. However, I have found pencil eyeliners that work just as well to tightline without smudging. Since gel eyeliners include extra steps e.g. opening the lid, redipping brush into gel, etc., i still prefer a pencil eyeliner for its ease of use and will not be repurchasing a gel eyeliner again.

on 11/20/2011 2:48:00 PM

Let me just say that if this liner was horrible, the brush itself would justify my purchase! The brush that comes with this liner is by far the best gel liner brush I have ever used! I actually bought this product with the intention of throwing away the liner and just using the brush for my other gel liners (BB and MAC). However, the liner was great! I find myself reaching for this liner more than my others. I purchased the brown shade and have been so impressed with the quality. I haven't noticed any drying out issues and I've been using this everyday for a month. Go out and get it!!

on 11/18/2011 3:50:00 PM

I bought eggplant, and it is very pigmented, goes on smoothly, and comes with a great brush! But for the fact it dries out I would buy physicians formula instead, you get three colors for the same price. Maybelline is my all time favorite drug store brand though, I would recommend if your fine not finding better deals out there! :)

on 11/18/2011 3:26:00 PM

Excellent product! The gel is very pigmented and goes on easily/smoothly with the brush provided. It is the ONLY eyeliner which is smudge proof on my lower lashline!

This eyeliner actually survived a 2-hour crying session which I recently went through... and surprisingly stayed completely in place... I was in shock! It also stays in place during my hour long hot yoga sessions. Amazing!

The only con is that the brush provided may be a little hard to produce fine lines. If you are looking for a super fine line, maybe you need a seperate brush with a finer tip. However, for everyday use, the brush provided is great.

Definitely great drug store find, will repurchase but the pot seems to last forever!!!! I've had mine for over 6 months and it's barely 1/4 done.......

on 11/15/2011 1:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Love the brush, packaging, concept and price. Unfortunately I have super oily lids so it only lasted an hour before smudging and smearing all over my lids and under my eyes despite using an eyelid primer.

on 11/14/2011 2:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Maybelline make-up products usually didn't do anything much to me, but surprisingly this liner does the trick!
I've been wanting to purchase one of these black gel liner but doesn't really wanna spend much (since all the good reviews are on Bobbi Brown or Mac). I found this on a duty-free shop, it's cheap and I just needed to try one - and it worked really good! I'm happy with the result. It didn't smudge, the black is in right amount, it comes with an applicator brush and so easy to put on.

on 11/13/2011 3:22:00 PM

good gel liner for the price especially. I don't like to spend much on gel liner cuz they dry out. I have had mine for almost a year, i notice the side which i have often used is drying out. i dig my brush into the fresher side now, n it works fine. it is not the blackest gel liner i have tried( WNW is blacker), buh I like maybelline for a cuter packaging, maybe safer ingredient n a legit black line?

on 11/13/2011 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

no no NO. I'm not exactly sure what happened to this product, i remember LOVING this product what i bought it the first time. Afterwards, I went through a liquid eyeliner period and returned to gel eyeliner and decided to buy this. BAD CHOICE! I'm not aware if they changed the formula but it smudges, the pigmentation is poor, and it dried out within 2 weeks. The only good part is a brush. I'm so disappointed, but I believe essence and wet n' wild's gel eyeliners are a good replacement.

on 11/13/2011 8:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is decent, I was really pleasantly surprised that a Maybelline product could be this good. I love the brush and the texture of the gel eyeliner - both these things make it very easy to apply. I chose black and it's a good shade. I think it looks best with a couple of layers applied. I've taken one lippy off because it does transfer on to my upper lid area after a while unless I apply primer first. (I have oily lids). Aside from that, no smudges! I hope Australia gets more shades. Only black or brown here, which is a bit sad.

Video Reviews & Tutorials