October 2, 2014 | 1274 users online

Highlighters - BeneFit Cosmetics - High Beam

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2009 12:12:00 AM More reviews by rpinto323

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This was my first highlighter and I'm hooked. I use to give myself a dewy glow on my natural makeup days. I dab it on the top of my cheeks and brow bones. I'm a NC15 so this looks nice and natural on my. It might be a little too much if you have a really dark skin tone. Every girls needs a good highlighter and I recommend this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2009 6:41:00 PM More reviews by mandiluk

LOVE IT! I have a little sample of this product but it does work magic. I leave a little by the corner of my eyes or under my eyes and it makes me look awake just like that!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2009 3:07:00 AM More reviews by KatieLuvsLife1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I am in love with this product! If you want a highlighter that will give you an amazing dewy glow this is really the best thing I have found. It is a liquidycream, and comes in a container that resembles nail polish. If you get the full size it will look like the biggest bottle of nail polish you've ever seen. It lasts forever. I love dabbing a little on my cheeks in the morning... it's great for wearing alone or under a full face of makeup. I am currently searching for a stick highlighter that can compete with this product, I may never find one.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2009 2:44:00 PM More reviews by NeonPunk

I use this to highlight my cheekbones and it looks amazing. It makes my cheekbones look super high. Its a pinkish silvery metallic sheen that looks awesome on my NW20 skin

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2009 3:23:00 PM More reviews by gatuzm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I don't regret buying this whatsoever. It definently gives you a nice subtle natural glow unlike other highlighters that have just chunks of glitter in it. The packaging isn't really killing me, I can work around it. But the product itself will definently last for months, so for the price, its worth it. The color of the product is like a pink-pearl sheen. At first I was a little hesistant on getting this, and was about to go for the Moon Beam, because I have a yellow undertone. I was wrong, it looks good :) The staying power is awesome! Im def. glad that I got this instead of any other powder form highlighter, atleast I won't have to worry about reapplying.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2009 11:54:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie35

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I first saw this from watching Carmindy on "What Not to Wear", and was excited to go out and get it. Let's face it, the woman is beautiful and she does an amazing job with everyone she makes over. So yea, that alone could sell the product. I hate to bring the ratings down but it did not work for me. I am not saying that it is a terrible product, but on my comb/oily skin it made me look even oilier. So maybe it would be best for dryer skin, or maybe my technique needs perfecting? I have to say that I like my HG Maybelline quad in Metro Melon is 100 times better for subtly brightening up my inner eye area (the lightest shimmery shade in it...sorry it is not labeled with individual names). And the price of my HG is about $3. Yea, I will not be buying High Beam again!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2009 11:08:00 PM More reviews by gezebel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

yet another online Hype purchase for me. for reference, i'm asian/NC40 with oil-slick skin (ugh). High Beam looks like a sheer coating of pinkish-white on me and makes me look even more oily. it looks so much better on my fairer-skinned friends. *sighs*

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2009 5:43:00 PM More reviews by VVV

Benefit High Beam is one of the best highlighting products out there. From subtle highlights to an ethereal glow (and everything in between) - I reach for High Beam.

COLOR: A delicate light pink pearl. The color can blended out to a natural dewy finish or concentrated for a more dramatic highlight.

FINISH: Depending upon the application the finish ranges between a natural dewy sheen and an opalescent pearl (and everything between). When blended into the tops of my cheekbones, the finish is a natural, fresh, & dewy highlight. When dabbed (without blending) onto my brow bones, High Beam has a pearl finish with a delicate light pink opalescence. No glitter whatsoever.

APPLICATION: High Beam is easy to blend and smooths over my skin easily. When I want precise application - like when I highlight my cupid's bow or my tear duct - I use an eye liner brush. Otherwise, I dab High Beam onto my skin and blend it in with my fingertips.

PACKAGING: The packaging is a bit peculiar but it is Benefit after all. High Beam is packaged precisely like a nail polish in a clear bottle with a brush attached to it's cap.

BOTTOM LINE: High Beam is like sprinkles on ice cream or icing on a cake, but for my skin - it gives it that extra something special. :D It gives me a pretty glow and catches the light in all the right places. It's like radiance in a bottle! (And with the amount of sleep I get, I need it!) High Beam is definitely ♥HG♥ material for me and I will be buying it again (and again).

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2009 5:51:00 PM More reviews by mazeppa

If you want dewy skin, this is the product to buy. Ignore the high price point, it is worth it. My bottle is 3/4 empty and it is worth every penny. I wasted time and money on other 'illuminators' (wet n' wild) and nothing has come close to this. It shows up a little bit silvery pink, a great sheen. It's easy to work with. If I overdo it, I simply dust translucent powder over it. It stays put. I can use it when I don't feel like wearing a full face of makeup, (often the case, for me). What else.......Benefit makes great products. I have never purchased anything from them that I didn't love.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2009 8:47:00 AM More reviews by firework_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'd forgotten about my little bottle of High Beam until recently. I dug it out again & have been using it more than my MAC msf collection.
It's easy to apply & blending is a dream. Takes me less than a minute to do both cheeks. I also like to use it on the inner corners of my eyes, gives me a wide awake look & it stays on far better than using a shimmery powder.
While it is quite a vivid highlight, it can look quite natural for day-time wear. I just use smaller dots than I would for a night out.
Looks far more natural than powdery highlighters & there's no huge glitter flecks to deal with.
Will definitely repurchase & am looking at getting Moon Beam to try out too.