BeneFit Cosmetics High Beam

4.1

on 12/22/2009 2:20:00 AM

a very good highlighter! i don't use foundation or any base makeup because it gives me rash. i use high beam then benetint and looks good to me. i also apply it with no other makeup and my face looks newly washed. my friends bought high beam too and they match it with their blushes. it's a bit expensive but it's a wonderful product so i'll buy it again.

on 12/22/2009 2:15:00 AM

I like this product a lot. It gives your face a nice glow and it blends well with make-up or blush. Can be used under your eyes and mixed with your concealer. Will buy again.

The Benefit High Beam is a great highlighter. The texture is super smooth and refined. The nail polish style bottle adds the perfect touch and really seems to make applying the product super easy. What I really love is that it's actually a pretty inexpensive product since there is so much liquid highlighter in the bottle.

on 12/19/2009 9:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This product is a nice highlighter because it dosent have glitter and gives a nice subtle sheen, although its not a good highlighter by itself it needs a powder highlighter dusted over it to make it pop and set or else it will melt of your face.. packaging is cute but not practical and it has raised in price by 2 pounds not alot but dude we're in a recession... defintley other better ones out there e.g. no.7 highlighter twice the amount of product and brush applicator ;)

on 12/18/2009 7:58:00 PM

I bought into the hype for this product as I was hoping for dewy glowing skin. I just don't think that look is possible for me as this just didn't do much-it didn't show up at all on my pale skin. It's totally overpriced for what you get but does seem to last a while. I'm sure there's something cheaper out there that will work better for me. Will not repurchase.

on 12/18/2009 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

This product is a great highlighter and gives my skin a lovely understated glow .
I only need to apply a little, a couple of dots on the cheekbone will do and also on my cupids bow and the centre of my lips.
However, it is quite expensive yet does last for a long time, but you can get many cheaper alternatives which are similar such as MEMEME beat the blues highlighter for under a fiver.

on 12/15/2009 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I LOVE this. I dot it onto my cheekbones and up towards my temples in a "C" shape, and then pat gently to blend. It gives me a nice shimmery glow that doesn't look over the top. I also sometimes put it on my browbone, although I generally don't bother. The consistency is like that of goopy nail polish, and blends easily.

I think this helps make me look more awake and gives me a bit of a glow in the early morning when I need it! This is quickly becoming a staple in my makeup routine.

ETA: This rubs off easily and I don't know if there's something I can do to set it, so I have to be careful to remember not to touch/rub my face or it will transfer onto my fingers and the rest of my face. I've also noticed that since I tap the brush against the edge of the bottle to get rid of excess product before applying, some product ends up staying on the edge of the rim and drying up, and potentially wastes product.

That said, I still wear this regularly and am very pleased with it. I'm removing one lippie because of the drawbacks, but I still would recommend this product.

on 12/14/2009 9:32:00 PM

Pros:
1. Very easy to blend.
2. Since it is pink, it correct my yellow undertone which makes the highlight looks fresher
3. It's long lasting
4. Natural looking

Cons:
1. I don't like the package at all. You can't really use the blush on the cap to apply the product as it will be too much. I think it will be better if it is cotton wand like how they have for lipgloss.
2. It is kind of pricey, as a white/pink simmer eyeshadow will do the same job. The bottle is huge, but I don't think I can finish using it in like 50 years... That's why although I like the product, I won't buy it again since I don't need to.

Update: I found out that if you mix this with any of your liquid foundation, it gives a super natural glow to your skin, which is great. Still a 4 lippies since it is expensive.

on 12/12/2009 7:15:00 PM

I really like this highlighter. Even though Moon Beam is supposed to be better for warmer complexions (since it's yellowy), I think High Beam is actually the true universally flattering highlighter. It's a cool-toned, very slightly pink, pearly color that leaves a beautiful natural-looking highlight on the skin. Be sure to use it very, very sparingly, otherwise it will look obvious. I use three small dots on my cheekbone, browbone and the spot between. Then I blend the three dots in a "C" shape. I'll also use a tiny dot on my chin and down the bridge of my nose. This technique brings out my bone structure nicely and takes that wan, tired look away, leaving one looking glowy and well-rested.

This may seem pricey, but the bottle should last a long, long time if you use it as I suggest. And it obviates the need for a lot of other makeup. Just use this, concealer, powder (to set the concealer and on the t-zone if you're oily), do your brows (if necessary), and add mascara and you'll look naturally lovely.

on 12/6/2009 9:15:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I thought I would love this but I ended up returning it and getting a Nars powdered highlighter instead. I don't know if it was because of the color or because it was liquid but I just didn't like how it looked on me at all. And in pictures it looked funny on my face.

Video Reviews & Tutorials