BeneFit Cosmetics High Beam

4.1

on 11/19/2009 6:53:00 PM

This cream gives the prettiest pinky glow when the light hits it. It's a great product to just dab on the bridge of your nose and along your cheekbones when you're in a hurry. I hate the packaging though. It makes a disgusting mess. I expect better for the price.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hmmm. I'm not exactly a fan of this product. I love highlighters, especially pinky pale shimmery highlighters, so I thought this would be a great product for me. I don't like the packaging, which is reminiscent of a nail polish bottle. It seems unsanitary to swipe the brush directly on your face, especially since this seems like it will last you for at least a solid year. Anyway...i've tried applying it directly using the brush...applying using a sponge...using my fingers...mixing it with foundation, etc etc and I am never happy with the results. It makes me look shiny rather than dewy/glowy. I feel that the product is just too thin. I prefer cream or powder highlighters. I wouldn't repurchase.

on 11/13/2009 8:03:00 AM

Oh i love this stuff, I have just run out and need to buy some more. Although I do not wear this every day, when I do apply it I always think 'Man I should wear this every day!'. It gives you a lovely glow when applied properly, and really makes all the difference to your face. You can highlightunder your brow bone too, and it looks fab there. (Although I use Mr Frosty for that... hmmm- why do I bother!)

It does do what it says on the tin, it's not called 'supermodel in a bottle' for nothing. However, the way it's made, much like a nail varnish, it's difficult to get all the product out of it for your money. It does work wonderfully as a highlighter.

on 11/10/2009 10:10:00 AM

I've had this forever and ever. It is the most delicate angelic pale pink highlighter!!!! Absolutely no need to spend $$$$$$ This does it all and you are in control just addding a dab here and there where you have a bit of darkness. The first highlighter and the BEST........

on 11/7/2009 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I gotta remind you that I have a very long makeup experience This is the worst product i have ever used. i dont usually write a review unless something is really really bad that i want to warn people about it. First of all, the TEXTURE is like a nail polish or a weaker version of a cheap liquid eyeliner with a very light pink shimmer. It is liquid in the bottle but once you apply it on your cheeks, it dries to a very unnatural GLASSY manicure-like coating. The worse part is that it flakes, cakes, and rubs off like ERASER DUST when it combines with liquid foundation. I am pretty sure why the reviews here are saying it made them break out. Also, it dries up the brush badly. it leaves brush strokes when it dries up and if you apply with your fingers, it leaves fingerprints. I hate the odor as well b/s it smells like glue. I am 22 who is very enthusiastic about makeup and want to be honest about makeup in every single way i could. I have smooth skin with no acne or any problem. I moisturize my skin day and night and make sure it doesnt go wrong. I tried to find any good in it by trying it on my skin several times. I tried to get used to this product but everytime i tried, i was more convinced that this product was the best example of the power of advertisement. This product is a BIG hype and i would NOT spend a penny on this. I can seriously send this bottle to anyone for a free trial. or just apply shimmery manicure on your face and thats what this highlighter looks and feels like. (I am serious) And for a quality like this, a one dollar label goes on better.

on 11/5/2009 1:34:00 PM

A very interesting product but I love it! Bought in on a whim (as are many of my make-up purchases) but it's soooo pretty, how could I not have it. Wasn't sure about the nail polish applicator but it works like a charm. Others commented on how they received bottles that weren't full - mine was full to the top... can't imagine ever running out since you need so little for the desired affect. I've used this on the top of my cheek bones, and on my brow bones for subtle highlights. Can see getting a lot of wear out of this - a little heavier for evening application, on it's own for weekend, casual wear. LOVE. IT.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

LOVE THIS PRODUCT.

It gives me exactly what i want in a highlighter, a dewy, illuminious pearly pink shine on my cheek bones and brow bones on a night out, really compliments smokey eye make up.

Apply to the apples of your cheeks for a fresh looking glow or place a few dots along your brow bone (right under your eyebrow) for a perfect shimmer to set off your eyes.

on 10/23/2009 1:16:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I do like this product. I have very fair skin and it gives me a lovely glowy sheen when I apply it to my cheekbones without looking oily. I also like to apply this to the inner eye area as well as the brow bone for some added shimmer in those area to lighten up the dark areas. I do have some problems though, like the fact that the bottle seems to have been almost a fourth of the way empty when I purchased it...not sure if this was a mistake or what, but it was a little disappointing for the price. I also don't really like the applicaation with the nail polish brush and the consistency of the product...kinda thick and goopy. All in all, a very nice product that does give a nice subtle highlighting effect.

As of right now, I would purchase again, but I am looking for something better.

on 10/21/2009 10:38:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I am feeling quite mixed on this product. I bought it a couple months ago thinking my mind would be blown..and turns out it really isn't. Good highlighters are always hard for find (for me at least) and spending as much as I did on High Beam I thought the results would be better. It is a nice color, so is Moon Beam...but it is a bit oily and it creases if you put a little on the lids.. I would recommend this product for cheeks only. When put above cheekbone, it can look very pretty and eye catching.

Video Reviews & Tutorials