December 19, 2014 | 832 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2007 3:01:00 AM More reviews by ashleybabes24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

Awesome lip balm. I was very excited to see that Burt's Bees came out with a new balm. I love the original, but I get tired of the scent. The honey version was awful IMO...but I am happy with the pomegranate scent. It smells almost floral to me, with a tad of fruit. I like it. My lips feel very soft after using it and it is cheap! I will rebuy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2007 7:09:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was really excited to hear about this, but it took several weeks for it to show up at my local CVS. It's not especially pomegranate-y, but it's okay. Not gritty like the honey one, but just as good as the original. No great shakes. I can live without it.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2007 10:45:00 PM More reviews by skitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i was surprised to see that it was reddish.. =/ it actually tints my lips, which i do NOT want from a lip balm. i don't like the scent, either.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2007 7:58:00 PM More reviews by zoey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am loving this balm. I've tried all the Burt's Bees balms (the original mint one is great but a bit waxy; the honey one is gritty, awful & sickly sweet; the Lifeguard one went straight in the trash!). This is my most favorite one of all and running a close race to become my favorite one (Chicken Poop currently has that title). I love the scent (a sweet pomegranate-berry) and don't notice any taste to it. I was pleasantly surprised to see that the actual color of the balm is a tinted red pomegranate color, but it applies on clear. Very moisturizing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2007 12:52:00 AM More reviews by tropicaldreamx3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff! The smell is great. It goes on clear as well. The second I put it on my lips felt wonderful. I've been using it for 2+ weeks and it keeps my lips so wonderfully soft! Even the day I put it on I felt the results immediately. When I run out I am deff. going to buy another one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2007 11:07:00 PM More reviews by caitlinv

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This left a very nice, almost juicy tint to my lips, and left them well moisturized, but it also left behind a horrible taste in my mouth. I know it was the pomegranate, because none of the other Burt's Bees lip balms do that to me. It really was just horrible though! Bitter, and just nasty. I guess I will stick with my regular ol' mint and honey versions!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2007 1:36:00 PM More reviews by Taly

It does moisturize well. It is very smooth and the smell and flavor is not bad.
I like the honey version too.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2007 3:43:00 AM More reviews by maxinerz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the original mint and just ran out of the honey (which I also loved) so I went in to Walgreen's to pick up another tube. I saw this one and got really excited. I love pomegranates! I opened it up and saw that the balm was tinted and didn't really want that, but it's soooooo sheer, it's unnoticeable. The smell isn't very fruity. It is definitely some kind of spicy, but I like it. Unfortunately, it seems to be making my lips more chapped. I really liked the slight glossy sheen the Honey and mint versions give me, and this one is a little harder in consistency.

I definitely prefer the other two. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2007 9:15:00 PM More reviews by georgieporgie1225

I like the original peppermint flavor, hate the honey, and really like this one. It just glides on so smoothly! There is no tint on your lips. You'd really need to load it on to get some color, so don't worry about the bright shade of the balm itself. I really like the smell. I don't like uber fruity scents, so this just works. It's not spicy. It smells like pomegranate tea I think.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2007 7:07:00 AM More reviews by mrskish1014

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I picked this up earlier this week and was hoping that it would be one hundred times better than the honey version. Well, I can truthfully say that it is better than the honey version, but not by much. When I opened it up, I was horrified to discover that the balm is the exact same color as the lid: bright pink. I was worried that it would look terrible on me. Luckily, it goes on clear. But, like the previous reviewer mentioned, it smells nothing like the fruity balm I was hoping for. It is sort of floral or spicy. Strange. It does moisturize decently well, but the smell is just too much for me. I will not repurchase.