October 26, 2014 | 870 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2007 11:07:00 PM More reviews by caitlinv

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This left a very nice, almost juicy tint to my lips, and left them well moisturized, but it also left behind a horrible taste in my mouth. I know it was the pomegranate, because none of the other Burt's Bees lip balms do that to me. It really was just horrible though! Bitter, and just nasty. I guess I will stick with my regular ol' mint and honey versions!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2007 1:36:00 PM More reviews by Taly

It does moisturize well. It is very smooth and the smell and flavor is not bad.
I like the honey version too.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2007 3:43:00 AM More reviews by maxinerz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the original mint and just ran out of the honey (which I also loved) so I went in to Walgreen's to pick up another tube. I saw this one and got really excited. I love pomegranates! I opened it up and saw that the balm was tinted and didn't really want that, but it's soooooo sheer, it's unnoticeable. The smell isn't very fruity. It is definitely some kind of spicy, but I like it. Unfortunately, it seems to be making my lips more chapped. I really liked the slight glossy sheen the Honey and mint versions give me, and this one is a little harder in consistency.

I definitely prefer the other two. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2007 9:15:00 PM More reviews by georgieporgie1225

I like the original peppermint flavor, hate the honey, and really like this one. It just glides on so smoothly! There is no tint on your lips. You'd really need to load it on to get some color, so don't worry about the bright shade of the balm itself. I really like the smell. I don't like uber fruity scents, so this just works. It's not spicy. It smells like pomegranate tea I think.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2007 7:07:00 AM More reviews by mrskish1014

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I picked this up earlier this week and was hoping that it would be one hundred times better than the honey version. Well, I can truthfully say that it is better than the honey version, but not by much. When I opened it up, I was horrified to discover that the balm is the exact same color as the lid: bright pink. I was worried that it would look terrible on me. Luckily, it goes on clear. But, like the previous reviewer mentioned, it smells nothing like the fruity balm I was hoping for. It is sort of floral or spicy. Strange. It does moisturize decently well, but the smell is just too much for me. I will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2007 11:36:00 PM More reviews by Jillipede

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am a fan of many Burt's Bees products, so when I saw this at the store I thought I'd give it a try. I was expecting it to be a delicious fruity lip balm. It actually has a very unusual SPICY scent and flavor that I don't care for. Upon reading the ingredients I see that it contains anise oil and cinnamon leaf oil. I do detect a bit of a burn to my lips which must be the cinnamon leaf oil. It does moisturize well and the consistency is very smooth and pleasant but the smell and flavor is enough to turn me off to this one. I will use it up but not repurchase. Bleh!

Complete ingredient list: Sunflower seed oil, beeswax, coconut oil, castor oil, lanolin, comfrey root, pomegranate oil, sweet almond oil, anise oil, cassia oil, cinnamon leaf oil, clary sage oil, mandarin oil, tocopheryl acetate & tocopherol (vitamin E), rosemary leaf extract, carmine & fragrance.