Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

3.8

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, cera alba (beeswax, cire d'abeille), cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, lanolin, aroma (flavor)*, punica granatum (pomegranate) seed oil, tocopherolrosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil (huile de colza), carmine, benzyl salicylate, cinnamal, citral, eugenol, geraniol, hydroxycitronellal, limonene, linalool. *natural flavor

I think this product is not as good as yes to carrots. Even this flavor seems manly to me. Now that I have found yes to carrots I am not going to use this.

on 5/30/2007 2:59:00 PM

Oooooh, I love this stuff! This is actually the only Burt's lip balm that I like. The peppermint ones burn, and the honey one was just gross. I love this one's tangy, fruity scent and the cheery watermelon color. It gives a slight (and I mean slight) hint of color, and it's not heavy duty in the moisturizing department ... but I love this for a summery, bare lips look. PPP, dark brunette, hazel/green eyes.

on 5/29/2007 12:37:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

My local Walgreens was out of the classic Burt's Bees lip balm, and I had just wrecked my old Blistex one, so I decided to pick this one up.

Pros: I find it more hydrating than the peppermint oil formula; it smells delicious.

Cons: the slight pink tint and the raspberry colored cap on the tube mean that it's a lot less unisex than the original formula.

Also, there's no tingle, which is good or bad depending on how you look at it.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I was disappointed in this lip balm. I'm a sucker for anything with pomegranate, and based on the description, I thought this would be a great product, but I didn't feel like it really moisturized my lips. This balm has a slightly oily consistency and felt like it just sat on my lips; that's okay when my lips are already soft, but this product didn't do anything to heal my lips when they were chapped. It does have a nice smell though. Back to the BB honey balm i go!

on 5/19/2007 6:06:00 PM

This lip balm is divine! It glides on wonderfully, smells amazing and is very moisturizing. It is just what I need under the Lifeguard's Choice spf lip balm. I adore BB's line of lip balms and shimmers. I haven't tried one yet I don't like!
Another winner from Burt! :)

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Excellent product! It soothes my dry lips and feels so good. It stays put a long time -- has a pleasant smell & taste and doesn't tingle at all like the original balm. I love it!

on 5/13/2007 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I usually buy the original peppermint oil formula but saw this new one in my local store and bought it. I did not think they could beat the original but this does - it is unbelievable -I saw results instantly. It is a smoother texture and since I have been using it my lips have not been drying out - it really does hydrate them, and I do not need to reapply so often. I think it is also making my lipsticks/glosses last longer. The smell is slightly sweet, quite pleasant (I like pomegranates anyway). The balm itself has a red appearance but goes on clear on me. I am really impressed with this, I will definitely repurchase.

on 5/13/2007 6:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am a Burt's Bees addict. I buy lots of their products. I am in love with the honey lipbalm at the moment but I happened to be in Walgreens the other day buying my parents a card for their anniversary and I saw this new lip balm and since i am a huge pomegranate fan i thought i'd try it out. It smells like pomegranates and cinnamon that really doesn't bother me. I haven't had a problem with it drying my lips out they do feel moisturized. I have been rotating between this and the honey lip balm cus i love the honey one so much. I am sure if i start not liking it i will update. but right now i love this stuff.

on 5/10/2007 1:02:00 PM

Texture is nice and smooth like the original lip balm (and unlike the yucky, crumbly-feeling honey one), non-greasy and just waxy enough to feel substantial. The balm has a red tint in the tube but doesn't really add color to my pigmented lips. I like the faint pomegranate scent (fruity + a hint of spice) and lack of taste. Overall, while this one is not my favorite balm of all time, it is definitely my favorite Burt's Bees balm.

on 4/23/2007 8:37:00 PM

Hands down the BEST Burt's Bees lipbalm and one of the BEST lipbalms I've tried! This one is smooooth with long-lasting hydration. The moisture is not fleeting and the texture is not heavy/waxy like Burt's classic and honey lipbalms can be. It has a slight pomegranate scent which I love. And as a great bonus it leaves the barest touch of pink on my lips. My most perfect lipbalm!

continued >>